Why MCU Thor is bullet proof

Amcu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#101  Edited By Amcu

Its hilarious how in the previous page there is a gif of Sif's shield no selling bullets but people are arguing that Thor would get killed by bullets because of an unquantifiable alien fired arrow weapon that pierced straight through Sif's shield but never hit Thor.

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#102 anthp2000  Moderator

Is that Tyger dude on it again, assuming alien and Asgardian weapons stated to be far superior to terrestrial technology are not better than guns or..... arrows?

Avatar image for deactivated-5ca9389143922
deactivated-5ca9389143922

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

None of those feats are that impressive tbh. Better to just scale him from Hulk and Iron Man . . .

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

And that knife feat is still dumb . . .

Scipio123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@amcu: Don't you know that any random thug with a 9mm can kill the God of Thunder?

Avatar image for thanos_thebadas
thanos_thebadas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Amcu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@amcu: Don't you know that any random thug with a 9mm can kill the God of Thunder?

Of course. That would only be logical.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c6891767abb2
deactivated-5c6891767abb2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor is kamehamehasexymcuwankallmightygodtremblebeforemeinfiniteultrahyperultrathorversal tie +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

EmmaFrostXmen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He’s not as resistant to bullets as Black Widow through feats.

Black widow tanked winter soldiers bullet and Thor hasn’t tanked any therefore black widow is more resistant to bullets that Thor.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for thebestofthebest
ThEBeStOfTheBeST

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

macleen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

We can always assume but never prove

stumerica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He legitimately ducked for cover when bullets were fired in Avengers.

Using that logic, DCEU Superman's not bulletproof either.

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#115 JediXMan  Moderator
No Caption Provided

ourmanuel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tbh, we can just assume he is, at least for small caliber rounds.

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

I’m going to say he is, but I don’t have a problem with people saying he isn’t. The only problem I have is the logic or lack there of that gets used in these types of threads. Lol he’s not because he ducked or moved. I guess I can knock Thor out with a medicine ball cause that basically happens in Thor 3...

TheGrat1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I just hope people remember threads/arguments like these when they say feats can not be transferred between kryptonians...

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

@jedixman: Nah, Bro. But, Based on LoL Vine Logic Black Widow can tank hits from Hulk cause that happened.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d731ee5de2e9
deactivated-5d731ee5de2e9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kevd4wg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jedixman said:
No Caption Provided

I'm going to need you to prove that those bullets actually hit Thor, otherwise, they just all missed

xzone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kevd4wg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xzone said:

@kevd4wg: Thor bullet timer confirmed

X

No, the bullets magically got swerved away by DCEU Superman, come on now

xzone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kevd4wg: Right, I forgot, all Feats for Thor are actually anti feats

X

Alavanka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tyger said:

If Thor was bullet proof then Sif wouldn't have needed to shield him from an ARROW FIRED FROM A GUN:

No Caption Provided

Thor also wouldn't have been shown on TWO SEPARATE occasions to avoid bullets.

She didn't. Thor got shot anyways a second later.

No Caption Provided

And laser guns aren't really the same as bullets. Loki is outright bulletproof, and yet he still opted to go for cover.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Kevd4wg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xzone said:

X

That's more like it

IAmTheLaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xzone said:

@ready_4_madness: You seriously think Thor isn’t bullet proof? He was getting out of the way of Hulk

X

A fight, we can both agree, he was losing.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kevd4wg: that same quinjet shot at and missed black widow

Avatar image for thanos_thebadas
thanos_thebadas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for supermanforever
Supermanforever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kevd4wg said:
@xzone said:

X

That's more like it

The bullets from Ultron did not hit Thor on panel, maybe those missed.

As for the topic itself. Thor by feats has little to none decent piercing feats. But for me he should atleast be durable enough to tank small type of gunfire like pistols, rifles etc. I mean if anyone remember when Thor was in Quills ship, Gamora said thors muscles are made of some type of crap. Dont remember exact name, but she said that type of muscle fibers are tougher than steel. Small gunfire can pierce steel only if its extremely thin material. Not to mention casual asgardians can tank small gunfire. Loki who is nowhere near Thor level tanked gunfire.

So surely Thor would pretty casually tank bullets. Based on the sole fact that Gamora stated that his muscles are tougher than steel is more thank good enough to tank small gunfire. Not sure how it would do like high caliber gunfire, but small caliber bullets would probably do nothing to him. Maybe if he was shot in the eye it would harm him. Otherwise i dont think-

Scipio123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131  Edited By Scipio123

@supermanforever:

As for the topic itself. Thor by feats has little to none decent piercing feats.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Thor casually tanked being exposed to crystals that were moving at FTL speeds. And those same crystals instantly decap'd a massive dragon earlier in the movie. That's way beyond the piercing power (and speed) of any bullets.

There's also this:

No Caption Provided

We don't need to use scaling to say that Thor is bullet proof. He has the feats. The only reason we don't have a clear-cut example of him tanking a bullet is because Thor doesn't fight gun-wielding enemies. He has much bigger fish to fry.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@scipio123: only the initial impact of bifrost causes decapitation. If what you claim was true, loki and all the other asgardians that have walked out while the bifrost was on would have been cut in half. The second gif is irrelevant, Diana was also in an explosion with lots of grenades and didn't get a scratch on her and you know she has shit piercing resistance.

Scipio123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@scipio123: oh because everything I said matches up with what happened in the movies, the rune patterns on impact, the car getting cut in half upon bifrost impact in TDW, the dragon getting beheaded on impact.

We've had loki thrown out of the bifrost wall intact, asgardian soldiers walking out of the bifrost after bor stole the aether, bor himself walking out of it.

So I've listed examples of the bifrost only cutting things on its initial impact and examples of it having no effect on anything beyond initial impact and it completely lines up with events of the movie but I'm the troll heh? Hilarious

Scipio123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@DammeFavour: Well, against my better judgment, here goes...

oh because everything I said matches up with what happened in the movies, the rune patterns on impact, the car getting cut in half upon bifrost impact in TDW, the dragon getting beheaded on impact.

You're argument here makes less than no sense. The Bifrost is one continuous beam, made up of the same energy. There's no evidence to suggest that one part of the beam is randomly more powerful than the rest of it.

We've had loki thrown out of the bifrost wall intact

?

Loki is bulletproof. This is not an anti-feat. Also, Loki wasn't held in the beam for several seconds like Thor was.

asgardian soldiers walking out of the bifrost

Even fodder Asgardians can catch and crush knives with their bare hands without any injury.

bor himself walking out of it

Bor was the freaking King of Asgard, as well as the father of Odin and the grandfather of Thor. How is this a low-showing?

but I'm the troll heh?

Yes you are.

CyberpunkCop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So many people not paying the troll toll

ourmanuel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138  Edited By ourmanuel

@xzone said:

X

Tbh, Thor bullet timing isn’t a good feat for him.

Its a bad feat for the bullet.

Must’ve been mach 0.5 bullets imo.

xzone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ourmanuel: You know, I bet someone would actually make that argument

X

Heatforce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I see a lot of assumptions, scaling and hyperbolic statements in the OP but absolutely no evidence, none whatsoever which can be accounted for as definitive evidence that MCU Thor is bulletproof.

Before I begin, I'd like to make this clear that my arguments against the statements in the OP shouldn't indicate my stand on the matter in hand as of yet. I'll elaborate on my stand and come to a conclusion at the end so I'd urge folks to read the entire breakdown first. Thor might as well be bulletproof and he should be. But nothing in the OP indicates that.

First of all, the word Bulletproof is a broad term. Bulletproof to what? Bullets come in all shapes, calibres and sizes with varied penetration and damage output. So merely stating Thor is bulletproof is wrong.

Secondly scaling works only with characters that belong to the same species. Loki being able to take 9mm bullets on his face doesn't automatically make Thor bulletproof. Loki is a frost giant not an Asgardian. Thor being stronger than Loki also doesn't translate to his piercing durability being better than Loki by any means. Wonder Woman is stronger than Aquaman and yet Aquaman is bulletproof to at least small arms but Diana isn't. Diana can trade blows with Superman but still get scraped by bullets. Characters like Spiderman also get shot despite their immense strength. Strength doesn't translate to durability. It's not linear every time. Split durability is a valid concept specially because Durability doesn't overlap as similar to real life science when talking about comic book characters. Here durability can be definitively judged by feats and only by feats.

Also, I've seen absurd statements like Thor is able to tank Sokovia so he should be bulletproof. Sokovia explosion doesn't include piercing attacks. Conversely, energy durability doesn't include piercing durability. Doomsday no sold a nuke and yet Diana's sword sliced him like butter. Steppenwolf no sold heat vision that can cut skyscrapers in half instantly and yet got pierced by Arthur's Trident. Thanos no sold Thor's lightning and yet got cut by Iron Man's Titanium Gold weapons. These are comic book characters we're judging. Here Feats > Logic/Real life science

Now coming to the point in hand. Is Thor bulletproof? Maybe. He should be bulletproof to anything under 7.62 mm that a Quinjet's M134 fires. An Asgardian being able to bend a pocket knife doesn't make Thor bulletproof to even 9mm. There's no relatable logic here. Sif's armour being able to tank Shotgun pellets doesn't make Thor bulletproof to even 5.56 mm. All in all, Thor doesn't have a single feat, none whatsoever of taking small arms fire on his body. But still, I'll assume Thor can take at least upto 7.62 mm. I'll give him benefit of the doubt. The only MCU character that is bulletproof to high calibre gunfire is Hulk (upto 25mm fired from a F-35). Iron Man's first suit probably tanked anti aircraft gunfire which is a high calibre round but his suits have got variable durabilities. More advanced suits of Iron Man have been penetrated by Cap's shield or Hawkeye's arrow. So in case of Iron Man, unless he uses the same suit, durability of one suit cannot be automatically assigned to another.

So again, saying Thor is bulletproof is a wrong statement simply because bullets come in different calibres with varied penetrating power and Thor hasn't clearly tanked even small arms fire yet. But taking everything into consideration, we could assume that Thor is probably bulletproof to at least handguns or anything that fires 9mm, 5.56mm or even 7.62mm. Anything larger than that would shred him as of now because he simply doesn't have feats to take them.

Best comment here. Although can't an argument be made that pre-rag thor is less durable than post-rag thor?

KingOfWakanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Some people won't be satisfied until they see Thor no sell a bullet to the face. Even then they'll say he only has small caliber bullet resistance.

Heatforce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142  Edited By Heatforce

@kingofwakanda said:

Some people won't be satisfied until they see Thor no sell a bullet to the face. Even then they'll say he only has small caliber bullet resistance.

While I understand your frustration couldn't the same thing be said about Diana? We only saw her get injured by a bullet once so far but since then she has become more powerful. These are different universes from the comics so durability feats and weaknesses don't necessarily translate over i.e. maybe Thor is weak to pierce attacks like Diana from the comics or maybe Dceu Diana is bullet proof like thor in the comics?

Scipio123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I simply refuse to believe that a guy that can survive this isn't bulletproof:

No Caption Provided

Everyone claiming that Thor isn't bulletproof has to now state that a regular human could survive exposure to a beam with piercing power sufficient to instantly decapitate a massive, crust-busting dragon.

Apparently, human durability>>>>>>>>>>>dragon durability

Supermanforever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144  Edited By Supermanforever

@scipio123 said:

@supermanforever:

As for the topic itself. Thor by feats has little to none decent piercing feats.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Thor casually tanked being exposed to crystals that were moving at FTL speeds. And those same crystals instantly decap'd a massive dragon earlier in the movie. That's way beyond the piercing power (and speed) of any bullets.

There's also this:

No Caption Provided

We don't need to use scaling to say that Thor is bullet proof. He has the feats. The only reason we don't have a clear-cut example of him tanking a bullet is because Thor doesn't fight gun-wielding enemies. He has much bigger fish to fry.

Lol those are decent piercing feats? LMFAO:

Casual asgardians were no selling that rainbow bridge light. Nothing special at all.

xzone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@supermanforever: Actually, that’s incorrect. The Bifrost damages things when it is transferring someone from one place back to Asgard, but it appears that when they are transferred from Asgard to somewhere else, they are unharmed. This makes sense because one of them would be telporting part of their body somewhere else while the other one is not

Thor survived the one that was teleporting him somewhere which is the one that deals damage. The Asgardians were not be teleported anywhere by going through the beam, because they had already landed and the Bifrost was not taking them back to Asgard

X

Scipio123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@supermanforever: As I said above, even fodder Asgardians have sufficient feats to prove that they're bullet-proof. And none of those Asgardians were exposed to the beam for anywhere near as long as Thor was.

Do you honestly believe a regular human could survive exposure to the Bifrost beam?

Baring in mind that it did this:

No Caption Provided

You're essentially arguing that regular humans have better piercing durability than a huge-ass dragon that was powerful enough that Thor didn't want to fight it.

Scipio123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xzone: Good point.

But apparently ordinary humans have better durability than massive dragons lol.

Supermanforever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@supermanforever: As I said above, even fodder Asgardians have sufficient feats to prove that they're bullet-proof. And none of those Asgardians were exposed to the beam for anywhere near as long as Thor was.

Do you honestly believe a regular human could survive exposure to the Bifrost beam?

Baring in mind that it did this:

No Caption Provided

You're essentially arguing that regular humans have better piercing durability than a huge-ass dragon that was powerful enough that Thor didn't want to fight it.

When did i say asgardians were not bullet proof. Also prove the durability of that dragon. What makes you think its something decent?

Supermanforever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149  Edited By Supermanforever

@xzone said:

@supermanforever: Actually, that’s incorrect. The Bifrost damages things when it is transferring someone from one place back to Asgard, but it appears that when they are transferred from Asgard to somewhere else, they are unharmed. This makes sense because one of them would be telporting part of their body somewhere else while the other one is not

Thor survived the one that was teleporting him somewhere which is the one that deals damage. The Asgardians were not be teleported anywhere by going through the beam, because they had already landed and the Bifrost was not taking them back to Asgard

X

Literaly nothing suggests from that thing, that tanking that light is something special. How do we even quantify. I explained before that i believe Thor is bullet proof. But for me tanking some shrapnel and that light thing is nothing special.

KingOfWakanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kingofwakanda said:

While I understand your frustration couldn't the same thing be said about Diana? We only saw her get injured by a bullet once so far but since then she has become more powerful. These are different universes from the comics so durability feats and weaknesses don't necessarily translate over i.e. maybe Thor is weak to pierce attacks like Diana from the comics or maybe Dceu Diana is bullet proof like thor in the comics?

It just seems a little silly to me that just because we don't strictly see a bullet hit Thor people say he can't take one, when he's resisted piercing from the bi-frost amongst other showings by himself and other Asgardians.

I guess you could make that argument about DCEU Diana but she's historically shown weakness to bullets while Thor hasn't (I know comics do not equal movies but this seems like it carries over) and she goes out of her way to block them with her bracelets. There's also the fact that Amazonians have no piercing resistance. Diana is no regular Amazonian, but at the same time, Thor is no regular Asgardian. Logically, she should be durable enough to handle them but I wouldn't bet on it based on how she's been portrayed.