Why MCU Thor is bullet proof

xzone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By xzone

@rem: No, I’m saying that anyone who tanks city level stuff should be assumed to be bullet proof unless they have a particular weakness, but that’s besides the fact that Thor has bullet proof feats as I’ve shown

X

Avatar image for deactivated-60957cbcbe0f1
deactivated-60957cbcbe0f1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rem:

Except WW has a specific weakness to piercing weapons. That is her main weakness. Not really a great analogy. Like Supes with “magic” or kryptonite.

MAZAHS117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This again ?‍♂️

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tyger said:
@jayc1324 said:
@tyger said:

@jayc1324: A weak human attempting to stab an asgardian with some random knife is weak example to try and back your claim up...

how?

the knife bent on his skin, this means that no matter how hard someone stabs him with it the knife will break before his skin will. it's pretty simple.

A random stupid blade probably the equivalent of a stainless steel kitchen knife isn't comparable fo 70mm jet fire which Thor ducked from.

bruh that dude trying to stab him is an Agent of SHIELD, they wouldn't be using crappy knives.

But I agree, that it is not the same as the fire Thor avoided. And my response to that is above. I'll copy and paste it here:

This is another point I see brought up, and it is important to keep in mind that at this point Thor does not know what bullets really are. Before Thor 1 he hadn't been to earth in hundreds of years, way before guns were a thing. And he never encounters guns in Thor 1. So this is really his first experience with them and he is just taking a precaution.

Tyger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mainjp: A standard number 2 pencil and this papermate mechanical aren't the same thing because they are made up of a different set of materials and one is more sophisticated, okay, yet they still write and do all the same things. Lasers and bullets are both fired from guns, to serve the purpose of what guns were created to do.

Tyger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mr_shazam0920: Lies. And yep because Thor can be harmed by less. Has no bulletproof feats. Plus had aboslutely no reason to hide, it's not like you ever see Hulk running for cover lmao.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tyger:

Lies lmao.

You know Thor was hit by the bullets by Ultron right Susy?

Just realized you’re not worth debating with.

Tyger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jayc1324: But Asgard has guns so there is no reason why he wouldn't know what they are.

Tyger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By Tyger

@mr_shazam0920: Truth

No he wasn't, I know what you are referring to. He luckily avoided them all in a comic book manner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tyger:

Yeah. He avoided every single bullet lmao.

Whatever helps you sleep at night.

I guess trolls will always be trolls.

Tyger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xzone:

Hey X from now on you need to add Thor avoiding all of Ultron’s bullets from the quinjet as Thor legit bullet timing. Because somehow these people are saying he wasn’t hit by any of those bullets.

xzone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mr_shazam0920: nah Thor was just lucky. Every time Thor dodges something it’s jusy lucky

/Sarcasm

X

rem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xzone said:

@rem: No, I’m saying that anyone who tanks city level stuff should be assumed to be bullet proof unless they have a particular weakness, but that’s besides the fact that Thor has bullet proof feats as I’ve shown

X

I agree.

Green_Tea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This topic will last a lifetime

xzone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rem: So you agree Thor is bullet proof?

X

rem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xzone said:

@rem: So you agree Thor is bullet proof?

X

No. I agree with what you previously said that I bolded. Thor should be assumed as bulletproof.

Avatar image for marvelanddcfan24
MarvelandDCfan24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By MarvelandDCfan24

Thor himself has zero clear cut bullet proof feats

The knife example doesnt mean anything all it shows is the asgardian was quick enough to catch it and strong enough to bend the metal which doesnt equal being bullet proof

The Loki example also isnt clear as its hard to tell where it hit him and besides Luke Cage no sells bullets of a much high caliber also Sif saved him from sn arrow that was implied to be able to hurt him

The AOU example also isnt clear cut as Natasha and steve are also fired on and they come out fine

Thor has zero feats of actually tanking a bullet he has fled and coveres from bullets twice, coveres from sakaarian lazers, been stabbed by Loki

But he was cut by Helas blades who were shattered like nothing by M16s

But Thor should in theory be bullet proof from his blunt force and explosion feats

Amcu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

MCU Gamora's sword was noted as being called the godslayer because it was capable of even killing Asgardians. Which heavily implies that regular piercing weapons cannot and that being able to do so is abnormal and impressive.

Link

"Gamora's retractable sword, 'Godslayer,' is so named as it can kill even an Asgardian. When faced with the monstrous energy-draining Abilisk, Gamora uses Godslayer to slice the giant beast's throat."

We know Thor has better piercing durability than normal Asgardians via scaling to Hela's weapons, that Thor handles much better than regular Asgardians and their armor. Take this instance here where he only is cut an inch or two deep by Hela's spear.

No Caption Provided

Or here, another instance where he's not cut in half by a sword swipe.

No Caption Provided

Regular and even elite Asgardians on the other hand were cut clean through by her weapons.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Along with Shurge's confirmed Uru armor.

No Caption Provided

So whatever level of piercing durability regular Asgardians and their armor have Thor exceeds by a large margin.

We know that Thor has endured having his body violently slammed against crystal shards(as confirmed by a Ragnarok VFX supervisor) while going at extreme speeds and without any damage at all. Source

That thinking lead to the idea of sticking a head into the edge of the Bifrost. When that happens, the head and bodies are hit with a barrage of Bifrost crystal shapes.“It’s almost like their bodies become like an umbrella in a huge shower of crystal shards,” adds Morrison. “It starts feeling violent, and I kind of knew that the sound guys at Skywalker would be able to run with something like that and give us a really quite immersive experience.”

“We tried shafts of light but it did not feel dangerous or exciting enough,” adds Burnheim, in terms of what Rising Sun Pictures devised for the shards. “We also tried a splash as if someone fell from a boat and hit the water at high speed but when simulating at the correct speed became messy and confused the story.We finally settled on a shattering effect which tied into some of the refractive nature that we had built into our initial look of the Bifrost. We played with speed, size of the shards and the lighting influences our characters had on their surroundings to give us the final look.”

No Caption Provided

I don't know about the rest of you but I'd imagine having your head violently pressed up against shattering crystal shards while moving at ridiculous speeds and suffering no damage at all from that is a very notable and impressive piercing feat. Enough to tank bullets.

So yeah. I'd say Thor is bulletproof.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Rebake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

All I know is Natasha can one-shot Thor with a gun or taser. She's like the anti-Thor of the Avengers. Loki is bulletproof because he's a Frost Giant which=/=Asgardians in stats, so he can take a bullet to the head while Thor cannot. Thor got stabbed by a tiny knife, so as long as you can cut or stab, you at least hurt Thor. A bullet would do much worse. Thor was at full power when he struggled with Iron Man, and he's lucky Cap stepped in because Stark was about to blow him up or turn him into Swiss cheese. Iron Man's Mark 42 suit is bulletproof, but Thor is not because they are made of different materials and we can't scale from that. Cap put up a better fight against Ultron than Thor, so Thor having street level piercing durability makes a lot of sense. With all this flawless logic, it's pretty much a fact that Thor is not bulletproof. Anyone who thinks he is bulletproof is a fanboy and is overrating Thor.

xzone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Amcu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rebake:

Wow! Couldn’t have said it better myself.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@amcu:

Great job as always, kid.

Amcu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@amcu:

Great job as always, kid.

Thank you! It's always my pleasure to drop a few Thor feats.

Kevd4wg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It takes some great reaching to say he isn't

Avatar image for deactivated-5d731ee5de2e9
deactivated-5d731ee5de2e9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You guys know bullets come in many shapes and sizes right? Taking shotgun or 9mm rounds just shows resistance to small arms

Avatar image for plotweapon16255
plotweapon16255

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By plotweapon16255

I myself has debunked so many times sif-shotgun feat. It is as usual misinformed by people who never saw Agents of SHIELD.

It was clearly mentioned in the episode that the collar was made of asgardian metal & it took the shotgun blast which was fired at sif.

The collar has been broken........... The collar caught a shotgun blast back in the desert.

- You think you can fix it? - Well the metal, the weight it's similar to the Berserker staff........

- I fixed Lorelei's neck collar.

- Let me inspect it to be sure.Asgardian metal is much different from the ore of this planet.

- AOS s01e15

MCU Asgardians are immune to knife so probably they can't be killed by small caliber weapons but gets hurt/pain.

if not they wouldn't hiding/avoiding bullets consistently.

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

They would be walking like this.

No Caption Provided

plotweapon16255

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By plotweapon16255

@DammeFavour said:

You guys know bullets come in many shapes and sizes right? Taking shotgun or 9mm rounds just shows resistance to small arms

They didn't take shotgun.

Avatar image for thebestofthebest
ThEBeStOfTheBeST

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@plotweapon16255: Nope, he was shot in the face. I suggest you rewatch the scene in question at 0.25x speed.

No Caption Provided

Also what @amcu said.

plotweapon16255

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By plotweapon16255

@thebestofthebest said:

@plotweapon16255: Nope, he was shot in the face.

Gif disagrees.

Impact shockwave is from armor not in the face!
Impact shockwave is from armor not in the face!

I suggest you rewatch the scene in question at 0.25x speed.

You watch first!

Also what @amu said.

By fan theory wonder woman who was tossed at FTL on earth should be bulletproof but she isn't!

xzone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tenguswordsman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well, I thought it was kinda obvious, tbh.

Richubs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cmon Thor is bulletproof atleast

ThEBeStOfTheBeST

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By ThEBeStOfTheBeST

@plotweapon16255: Dude... what? That smoke (the bullet shattering) occurred in the later frame, after the bullet had already landed, his head bouncing back is what made it seem like it got him in the shoulder. The scan I cited was the initial impact, what you posted occurred after the initial impact. Do I really need to detail it for ya? C'mon man, don't be a dunce.

CLEAR-CUT
CLEAR-CUT

Here's a frame by frame breakdown:

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

He took the bullet to the head, tanked it. It's clearer than crystal, unless you're visually impaired.

Edit:

By fan theory wonder woman who was tossed at FTL on earth should be bulletproof but she isn't!

Except you're forgetting one thing, Wonder Woman has split durability, bullets can pierce her skin like a hot knife through butter. Thor has always been an established bullet proof:

No Caption Provided

Split durability doesn't apply to him (at least not that much), nor the likes of Superman.

ThEBeStOfTheBeST

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xzone: It won't hurt if I try.

deltahuman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By deltahuman

I see a lot of assumptions, scaling and hyperbolic statements in the OP but absolutely no evidence, none whatsoever which can be accounted for as definitive evidence that MCU Thor is bulletproof.

Before I begin, I'd like to make this clear that my arguments against the statements in the OP shouldn't indicate my stand on the matter in hand as of yet. I'll elaborate on my stand and come to a conclusion at the end so I'd urge folks to read the entire breakdown first. Thor might as well be bulletproof and he should be. But nothing in the OP indicates that.

First of all, the word Bulletproof is a broad term. Bulletproof to what? Bullets come in all shapes, calibres and sizes with varied penetration and damage output. So merely stating Thor is bulletproof is wrong.

Secondly scaling works only with characters that belong to the same species. Loki being able to take 9mm bullets on his face doesn't automatically make Thor bulletproof. Loki is a frost giant not an Asgardian. Thor being stronger than Loki also doesn't translate to his piercing durability being better than Loki by any means. Wonder Woman is stronger than Aquaman and yet Aquaman is bulletproof to at least small arms but Diana isn't. Diana can trade blows with Superman but still get scraped by bullets. Characters like Spiderman also get shot despite their immense strength. Strength doesn't translate to durability. It's not linear every time. Split durability is a valid concept specially because Durability doesn't overlap as similar to real life science when talking about comic book characters. Here durability can be definitively judged by feats and only by feats.

Also, I've seen absurd statements like Thor is able to tank Sokovia so he should be bulletproof. Sokovia explosion doesn't include piercing attacks. Conversely, energy durability doesn't include piercing durability. Doomsday no sold a nuke and yet Diana's sword sliced him like butter. Steppenwolf no sold heat vision that can cut skyscrapers in half instantly and yet got pierced by Arthur's Trident. Thanos no sold Thor's lightning and yet got cut by Iron Man's Titanium Gold weapons. These are comic book characters we're judging. Here Feats > Logic/Real life science

Now coming to the point in hand. Is Thor bulletproof? Maybe. He should be bulletproof to anything under 7.62 mm that a Quinjet's M134 fires. An Asgardian being able to bend a pocket knife doesn't make Thor bulletproof to even 9mm. There's no relatable logic here. Sif's armour being able to tank Shotgun pellets doesn't make Thor bulletproof to even 5.56 mm. All in all, Thor doesn't have a single feat, none whatsoever of taking small arms fire on his body. But still, I'll assume Thor can take at least upto 7.62 mm. I'll give him benefit of the doubt. The only MCU character that is bulletproof to high calibre gunfire is Hulk (upto 25mm fired from a F-35). Iron Man's first suit probably tanked anti aircraft gunfire which is a high calibre round but his suits have got variable durabilities. More advanced suits of Iron Man have been penetrated by Cap's shield or Hawkeye's arrow. So in case of Iron Man, unless he uses the same suit, durability of one suit cannot be automatically assigned to another.

So again, saying Thor is bulletproof is a wrong statement simply because bullets come in different calibres with varied penetrating power and Thor hasn't clearly tanked even small arms fire yet. But taking everything into consideration, we could assume that Thor is probably bulletproof to at least handguns or anything that fires 9mm, 5.56mm or even 7.62mm. Anything larger than that would shred him as of now because he simply doesn't have feats to take them.

xzone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

xzone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deltahuman: I think it’s worth noting that Odin seemed to have made Loki in to an Asgardian which would mean Thor does in fact scale to Loki

X

deltahuman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By deltahuman

@xzone:

I already thought about that and that's why I assumed that Thor can take small calibre gunfire.

But it's worth nothing that Loki was born as a dwarf and that's why he was abandoned. He is an inferior frost giant by birth. His size or appearance shouldn't indicate that he has been converted into an Asgardian. Whatever sorcery Odin did to him to conceal his identity was just superficial. When a frost giant touched Loki, he became blue in colour. Loki became blue near the Casket of Ancient Winters. So Loki's appearance as an Asgardian is deceptive. He is blue in reality and looks like a Frost Giant. He uses sorcery to conceal his real appearance and look like an Asgardian.

MrTrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Gonna repeat something I said elsewhere.

The force Thor has unambiguously generated (i.e., not based on power-scaling or calculations with many assumptions) with his strikes while not tearing himself apart and the hits he's taken from opponents in his same league would make him immune to most military weapons besides nukes. Low-balling him to not even be bulletproof to small-caliber rounds is dumb and trollish.

For the same reasons I also consider Wonder Woman in just about every incarnation to be bulletproof no matter how much dumb writers say she isn't. Yeah, okay, the lady who can drop kick a star into the next galaxy and tank hits from people who do the same can be killed by bullets, my ass.

YOA_501

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He can tank it but not No Sell it

krisbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#95 krisbishop  Moderator

Here's why using Thor/Hela dodging bullets is a stupid argument:

I'm pretty rubber-band proof if someone flicked one at me I'd still want to dodge it.

Scipio123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@amcu: Good work!

Shame the DCEU patrol unit is already here.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f5eba8f0a2dd
deactivated-5f5eba8f0a2dd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He's immune to small fire, but it's already been shown that he avoids larger calibre fire. A bullet proof being wouldn't need to do that.

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

That CGI reminded me of Justice League...

Stahlflamme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#99  Edited By Stahlflamme

@tyger said:

If Thor was bullet proof then Sif wouldn't have needed to shield him from an ARROW FIRED FROM A GUN:

No Caption Provided

Thor also wouldn't have been shown on TWO SEPARATE occasions to avoid bullets.

If Thanos was cut proof he would not have been hurt by Stormbreaker, hence MCU punisher with a prison shiv beats him... great argument bro.

If we're talking about bulletproof we refer to earthly weapons not some resistance to anything that can be considered a bullet. And how are we supposed to scale that off an alien weapon using materials and technology possibly not availaible on earth. That arrow could be made of uru and fired with the equivalent force of a nuclear warhead or it could be iron and fired with regular gunpowder. But equating an alien weapon from people much further advanced technologically to a human weapon is like equating the asgardians swords to regular swords. We saw an Asgardian get stabbed by a broken asgardian metal shard but casually stop a combat knife in the same episode.

Also Ultron shot Thor with the turret of the quinjet.

Darkthunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tyger said:

If Thor was bullet proof then Sif wouldn't have needed to shield him from an ARROW FIRED FROM A GUN:

No Caption Provided

Thor also wouldn't have been shown on TWO SEPARATE occasions to avoid bullets.

This is irrelevant. Thor is bulletproof. This is a projectile from another realm and perhaps can pierce Asgardians. Loki is bulletproof so Thor's durability is>>>>>>>loki