No Caption Provided

Hela's armor tanks gunfire

No Caption Provided

Thor's armor tanks gunfire

Summary:

Clearly Asgardian Armor is bullet proof

Thor's Durability:

No Caption Provided

Here you can see a regular Asgardian can casually catch, then bend a knife blade in his hand

No Caption Provided

Here Sif tanks a shotgun round. Many say this is simply hitting her armor, but shotgun rounds have a wide AOE, so it's more than likely that the shots hit Sif's arm as well as her armor

No Caption Provided

Loki, a Frost Giant tanks gunfire to the face. Frost Giants are comparable to Average Asgardians, and Thor>>Average Asgardians

No Caption Provided

Thor tanks metal shards at high speeds

No Caption Provided

Thor tanks gunfire

Summary:

By Scaling and by feats Thor is obviously bullet proof

#2 Posted by xZone (10214 posts) - - Show Bio

I'll add more to this later

X

#3 Edited by ourmanuel (9387 posts) - - Show Bio

nah, they’re just outliers bro😉

As for the shotgun part, it would depend on whether it’s shot or slugs.

#4 Posted by Reactor (4308 posts) - - Show Bio

Was... this ever in question? I thought all Asgardians were bulletproof

#5 Posted by Tyger (461 posts) - - Show Bio

He isn't

#6 Posted by ourmanuel (9387 posts) - - Show Bio

@tyger: reasons?

It’s like literally there in the images

#7 Posted by xZone (10214 posts) - - Show Bio

@reactor: They are, but way too many people actually believe Thor isn’t bullet proof

X

#8 Posted by Tyger (461 posts) - - Show Bio

@ourmanuel: Armor isn't being bullet proof. And trying to scale off Loki is pathetic attempt since we blatantly see that the Frost Giants are physically superior to Asgardians physiology, sure Thor is stronger than your average Asgardian but his skin density isn't any stronger.

#9 Edited by Tyger (461 posts) - - Show Bio

If Thor was bullet proof then Sif wouldn't have needed to shield him from an ARROW FIRED FROM A GUN:

No Caption Provided

Thor also wouldn't have been shown on TWO SEPARATE occasions to avoid bullets.

#10 Posted by xZone (10214 posts) - - Show Bio

@tyger: Motm? Only person I’ve ever seen use that arrow argument lmao

X

#11 Edited by rem (2270 posts) - - Show Bio

Lots of scaling and broad assumptions. No way no know for sure but I assum he is.

Avatar image for ready_4_madness
#12 Posted by Ready_4_Madness (14792 posts) - - Show Bio

He legitimately ducked for cover when bullets were fired in Avengers.

#13 Posted by Tyger (461 posts) - - Show Bio

@xzone said:

@tyger: Motm? Only person I’ve ever seen use that arrow argument lmao

X

Member of the month? :D

Well it is a projectile meant for piercing, on top of that it was fired from a gun.

#14 Posted by xZone (10214 posts) - - Show Bio

@rem: Scaling, yes, but how is it not accurate. Assumptions, I’m interested in hearing which ones were inaccurate

X

#15 Posted by xZone (10214 posts) - - Show Bio

@ready_4_madness: You seriously think Thor isn’t bullet proof? He was getting out of the way of Hulk

X

#16 Posted by ourmanuel (9387 posts) - - Show Bio

Damn, it’s really tough to say.

I feel like he should be, but still we’ve also seen hela dodging bullets too, then again they were higher caliber.

#17 Posted by Tyger (461 posts) - - Show Bio

@ourmanuel: Thor also ducked for cover against laser bullets when escaping Sakaar with Loki in Ragnarok *cough* *cough*

#19 Posted by Ready_4_Madness (14792 posts) - - Show Bio

@xzone: 🤷🏾‍♂️Maybe he is, maybe he isn’t. I can’t just assume that he is.

#20 Posted by Tyger (461 posts) - - Show Bio

@tyger said:

@ourmanuel: Thor also ducked for cover against laser bullets when escaping Sakaar with Loki in Ragnarok *cough* *cough*

Which reminds me, since people wanna try and scale off Loki tanking handgun fire... My boy was spooked by a rifle at point blank:

Loki surrendering to a high calibur weapon
Loki surrendering to a high calibur weapon
outright avoiding them. THOR DOES TOO BUT WEBSITE I USED DIDN'T HAVE THE EXACT SHOT
outright avoiding them. THOR DOES TOO BUT WEBSITE I USED DIDN'T HAVE THE EXACT SHOT
Lol they aren't bulletproof, get over it
Lol they aren't bulletproof, get over it

#21 Posted by rem (2270 posts) - - Show Bio

@xzone said:

@rem: Scaling, yes, but how is it not accurate. Assumptions, I’m interested in hearing which ones were inaccurate

X

the gunshot clearly hit sifs armor and you can slow down the video to see it. It hittting her actual body is nothing more than an Assumption.

and the whole “scaling” thing itsnt very accurate if were being honest.

You can’t say because Thor has supior duribility (in every other catagory), that he’s bullet proof. That doesn’t make any sense.

Ie. N52/P52 Wonder Woman can punch a nuke unstaggard and can be fine from black holes. DCEU Aquaman can surve a clip being unloaded on him. scaling Wouldn’t work because Thor doesn’t have piercing duribility on the magnitude of tanking Mach 2 bullets.

#22 Posted by xZone (10214 posts) - - Show Bio

@tyger: Loki was legit hit with bullets On-Screen and you say he isn’t bullet proof...

X

#24 Posted by ourmanuel (9387 posts) - - Show Bio

@tyger: lasers are different from bullets

#26 Posted by xZone (10214 posts) - - Show Bio

@ready_4_madness: The dude tanks a city exploding and you don’t think he’s bullet proof... That’s besides the evidence o have provided

X

Avatar image for thebestofthebest
#27 Posted by ThEBeStOfTheBeST (9828 posts) - - Show Bio

Who gives a shit.

Apparently lots of people

#28 Posted by The_Hajduk (5682 posts) - - Show Bio

@tyger: You’re basically saying that Loki is stronger then Thor which makes no sense.

#29 Edited by Tyger (461 posts) - - Show Bio

@xzone said:

@tyger: Loki was legit hit with bullets On-Screen and you say he isn’t bullet proof...

X

Also notice how I pointed out it was from a standard handgun and not high calibur. Even then it made him flinch. Still can't scale off him so?

@ourmanuel said:

@tyger: lasers are different from bullets

They are the same thing, serve the same purpose and accustomed to the same weapon. Lasers are just futuristic bullets. If your issue is with them being heat based it's irrelevant because someone with Thor's "star level" heat resistance shouldn't be phased by some minor burning sensation. Lasers pierce the skin just like bullets and it's clear Thor can't handle bullets...arrows..... Or Hela's thrown blades which are comparable to bullets too

No Caption Provided

Also want to note we see Korg's lasers killing the asgardian zombies just as efficiently as Skurge's earth guns... Flip that around...

#30 Edited by MainJP (5761 posts) - - Show Bio

@tyger: Did you just equate lasers to bullets?

Edit: too slow.

#31 Posted by ourmanuel (9387 posts) - - Show Bio

But tbh who actually cares?

Well then again, if Thor isn’t bulletproof, that means even a regular human could literally one-shot him. And we know he won’t be able to react so....

#32 Posted by MainJP (5761 posts) - - Show Bio

And we know he won’t be able to react so....

Lol Slowdinson.

#33 Posted by xZone (10214 posts) - - Show Bio

@tyger: Hela’s blades pierced Uru plated armor

X

#34 Posted by Tyger (461 posts) - - Show Bio

@mainjp said:

@tyger: Did you just equate lasers to bullets?

Edit: too slow.

You would have to be slow if you can't see they serve the exact same purpose, just made up of different things.

#35 Posted by Ready_4_Madness (14792 posts) - - Show Bio

@xzone: Wonder Woman tanks Doomsday punches but is weak to bullets.

#36 Edited by Tyger (461 posts) - - Show Bio

@ready_4_madness said:

@xzone: Wonder Woman tanks Doomsday punches but is weak to bullets.

Doomsday punches are blunt force. Anyone who has picked up a comic book knows how this goes. Spiderman can tank punches from 20+ tonners capable of leveling concrete walls and denting steel yet still gets rekt by bullets. Piercing force and blunt force aren't comparable in fictional world. Hell even piercing damage is broken down too when it comes to blades and bullets, Hulk no sells bullets all the time and is still shown being cut by Wolverine even with bone claws.

#37 Edited by jayc1324 (26415 posts) - - Show Bio

https://comicvine.gamespot.com/forums/gen-discussion-1/is-mcu-thor-bulletproof-1675733/

Come on dudes we have literally been talking about this same topic for YEARS.

MCU Thor is bulletproof, get over it.

He has been shot by Ultron for one. That is really all the proof we need.

For two, another Asgardian was able to grab a knife by the blade and crush it in this gif below. So earth metals are just not tough enough to pierce Asgardian skin.

No Caption Provided

All the people talking about the times Thor avoided getting shot or Sif protected him from an arrow need to keep in mind that there ARE metals that can pierce him, just not on Earth.

If any of you saw Aquaman, it was made clear that earth metals could not pierce him, but Atlantean steel could. Same thing here.

#38 Edited by rem (2270 posts) - - Show Bio

@xzone said:

@ready_4_madness: The dude tanks a city exploding and you don’t think he’s bullet proof... That’s besides the evidence o have provided

X

Like I said, N52 WW legit punches 50 mt nukes unstaggard and tanks black holes but is she bulletproof?

#39 Posted by Mr_Shazam0920 (3569 posts) - - Show Bio

People really arguing that Thor isn’t bulletproof.

This site is literally garbage.

Avatar image for buttersdaman000
#40 Posted by buttersdaman000 (22540 posts) - - Show Bio

He's immune to small fire, but it's already been shown that he avoids larger calibre fire. A bullet proof being wouldn't need to do that.

#41 Posted by jayc1324 (26415 posts) - - Show Bio

He legitimately ducked for cover when bullets were fired in Avengers.

This is another point I see brought up, and it is important to keep in mind that at this point Thor does not know what bullets really are. Before Thor 1 he hadn't been to earth in hundreds of years, way before guns were a thing. And he never encounters guns in Thor 1. So this is really his first experience with them and he is just taking a precaution.

#42 Posted by xZone (10214 posts) - - Show Bio

@rem: Yeah, and that’s called a weakness to piercing. Thor has not shown such a weakness

X

#43 Posted by Tyger (461 posts) - - Show Bio

@jayc1324: A weak human attempting to stab an asgardian with some random knife is weak example to try and back your claim up...

#44 Posted by Mr_Shazam0920 (3569 posts) - - Show Bio

@ready_4_madness:

He was hit by those same bullets.

Superman also ran for cover in MOS. Doesn’t mean anything.

#45 Posted by jayc1324 (26415 posts) - - Show Bio

@tyger said:

@jayc1324: A weak human attempting to stab an asgardian with some random knife is weak example to try and back your claim up...

how?

the knife bent on his skin, this means that no matter how hard someone stabs him with it the knife will break before his skin will. it's pretty simple.

#46 Posted by Tyger (461 posts) - - Show Bio

@ready_4_madness:

He was hit by those same bullets.

Superman also ran for cover in MOS. Doesn’t mean anything.

No he didn't he simply avoided unnecessary amount of fire blinding him and making him flinch while he had to deal with two actual threats. Still atleast he has feats of being bulletproof

#47 Edited by rem (2270 posts) - - Show Bio

@xzone said:

@rem: Yeah, and that’s called a weakness to piercing. Thor has not shown such a weakness

X

So apperantly not showing a weakness means you’re automatically immune. Good to know.

You literally just said “Thor has tanked a city level explosion and people are saying he’s not bulletproof“. People have tanked worse are still aren’t bulletproof. You contradicted yourself.

#48 Posted by Tyger (461 posts) - - Show Bio

@jayc1324 said:
@tyger said:

how?

the knife bent on his skin, this means that no matter how hard someone stabs him with it the knife will break before his skin will. it's pretty simple.

A random stupid blade probably the equivalent of a stainless steel kitchen knife isn't comparable fo 70mm jet fire which Thor ducked from.

#49 Posted by Mr_Shazam0920 (3569 posts) - - Show Bio

@tyger:

Sorry, Johnny, but Superman jumped out of the way of the bullets. I have seen MOS a million times. I own the movie on Blu Ray.

Anyways, Superman avoiding bullets is “avoiding unnecessary fire” but Thor doing it means he’s not bulletproof?

Got it.

#50 Edited by MainJP (5761 posts) - - Show Bio
@tyger said:

You would have to be slow if you can't see they serve the exact same purpose, just made up of different things.

I like how you turned my edit around into an unwarranted insult. I uploaded the comment before yours displayed on the page which doesn’t show until refreshing, hence the “too slow”.

Also disagree. If they’re “made up of different things” then they aren’t the same.