Why isn't Saitama taken seriously anymore?

Thatoneguy887

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@batmanplusjay: ROFLMAO. Trying to turn it around still? Damn. Getting sad man, just getting real sad. Accept your lot as the virgin you are. It's all good.

BatmanPlusJay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#252  Edited By BatmanPlusJay

@thatoneguy887: There's nothing to turn around. You was the one who made a comment about buttcheeks and Asians wanking it or whatever weird shit you wrote. You was the one who called himself a pyro, "and for good reason". Your name is "that one guy" and you sure as hell act like it. Lmao you brought all this onto yourself, all I simply did was point it out and clown you for it. You've just sat there taking my jokes the whole time "I'm not the virgin, you are!" Lmao just take the week off. And try not to ridicule yourself further while you're at it.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c17b8d97d1a7
deactivated-5c17b8d97d1a7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thatoneguy887

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@batmanplusjay: nothing to ridicule. And thank God someone has the common sense to realize the "turn around" argument is ridiculous. Lmao.

https://comicvine.gamespot.com/forums/battles-7/mr-mxyzptlk-vs-thanos-and-the-infinity-gauntlet-680746/?page=22

Read through if you have a chance. Funnier than all get out.

This has been at least interesting enough to pass some of the time. Thanks for the amusing discourse.

Write what I did about Saitama in this thread because some folks dunno how to differentiate between a toon (which Saitama is as a full on parody) and a serious manga character (naruto, sds, nnt, tenchi muyo (old one...), Toriko, and others...

BatmanPlusJay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thatoneguy887: Now you just confused the shit out of me.

First off, you say "thank God someone has the common sense to realize the turn around argument is ridiculous" as if you weren't the one who brought it up when you said "trying to turn it around still? Sad".

Secondly, you link me to this random, completely irrelevant forum that has nothing to do with our little argument here.

Lastly, you agreed with me on the saitama subject as if we weren't just arguing about something else completely different.

So I'm gonna give you the benefit of the doubt and assume maybe you didn't mean to @ me with that post.

Thatoneguy887

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#256  Edited By Thatoneguy887

@lightyagami1000: not under estimating anything. Author stated it was a parody. That means toon. Enjoy.

Thatoneguy887

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#257  Edited By Thatoneguy887

@batmanplusjay: I did mean to @ you. The turn around thing I did is a useless way to argue. Some folks would just continue with it without calling bs at some point....

The thread I linked you to has karkus doing something similar in a childish maneuver.

I congratulated you on your intelligence.

And I explained why I stated what I did about the entire Saitama subject in the first place.

Still confused?

BatmanPlusJay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for strongerthanrin
StrongerThanRin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

wait...he was taken seriously before? lmao

BatmanPlusJay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#260  Edited By BatmanPlusJay

@strongerthanrin: Apparently to many people, Saitama is a legit/nontoonz character. So they took him with the utmost seriousness like goofballs.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thatoneguy887: lol Enjoy? Y’all can’t even tell he’s still an Anime character. His characteristics and feats still apply despite him being a “Toon.” And Luffy, Naruto, and Goku might as well be toons to.

BatmanPlusJay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#262  Edited By BatmanPlusJay

@lightyagami1000: That's the point. He's a toon. He's made to be this bs crazy character. And I don't think he should be on VS because of it. But he's on VS so when we discuss Saitama here we gotta pretend he ain't the god he is

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thatoneguy887

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lightyagami1000: uh, the other characters you mentioned weren't called parodies by their creators. Saitama was. Parody = toon. Deal with it.

Matthew660

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#265  Edited By Matthew660

It’s because he’s supposed to be a godlike character but he has shit feats that are barely low mid tier in comics.

BatmanPlusJay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thatoneguy887

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#268  Edited By Thatoneguy887

@lightyagami1000: oh no, personal attacks. Saitama is my left buttcheek. That's all there is to it. That's the only reason Saitama can solo any fiction (cuz I can sit on it). Keep up the wanking.

True_Blood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cuz they hate the fact he’s omnipotent without anything to back it up other than hype

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thatoneguy887: Your mother got one punched. I feel sorry for you. And why compare a character to your butt?

Thatoneguy887

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lightyagami1000: already explained why, but, of course, someone of your limited perception hasn't grasped the facts or the ideas already explained. And, nah, my mother didn't get anything. Sorry, but your imagination must truly be limited to try to mention my mother, include any context of her getting one anything in your fantasy, and putting it in writing.... feel sorry for you my friend.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thatoneguy887: Limited thought you mean. Saitama and I are omnipotent beings that can end the world faster then a Thanos snap.

Thatoneguy887

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lightyagami1000: you lose to Saitama (my left buttcheek).

Keep up the wanking man. Feels good.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Shinne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Bleachfans

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Because even bleach character can beat him lol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Shinne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lan_fan: Not a troll. Just a guy who’s a hero for fun.

BatmanPlusJay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

JacksterV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fullmetalemprah: Just because you like OPM doesn’t make you right, Superman and Goku have strength to outclass their foes with Saiyan strength and Kryptonian strength that outclasses Human strength, yet saitama has one punched all of his enemies while holding back, now when supes is always holding back he gets hurt, he gets beaten, until he acts on his own accords then he‘s powerful, but he’s near limitless and Supes is more superior than Goku, Saitama is a human who one punched all of his foes, he’s never taken damage and jumped from moon to earth in seconds while still holding back, so if he kicked it up he would have gone straight through Boros’ ship. Now again, Superman is near limitless, doesn’t that tell you that Saitama is limitless?

JacksterV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@batmanplusjay said:

@mister_surreal: Except he is omnipotent. That's the point of his character. He is a joke, so no he shouldn't be taken seriously in debates. But yes he would rock everyone's shit in DB, he would rock Superman's shit, he would rock the entire comicverse' shit(Aside from characters like TOAA). He's just made that way, it's what the writers intended. I don't know why people act like that's so hard to understand, he doesn't need feats when his entire character is built to be an over powered joke. It's not even wank it's just truth.

Any kind of way a character exists that is omnipotent in a series, they shouldn't be taken seriously. I don't take TOAA seriously because his character is just too much, there's no interesting fights for characters like him. I don't take saitama seriously in debates for the same reason, regardless of his lack of feats you have to look at author's intent.

This

Uncannyrewind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#283  Edited By Uncannyrewind
@jacksterv said:

@batmanplusjay said:

@mister_surreal: Except he is omnipotent. That's the point of his character. He is a joke, so no he shouldn't be taken seriously in debates. But yes he would rock everyone's shit in DB, he would rock Superman's shit, he would rock the entire comicverse' shit(Aside from characters like TOAA). He's just made that way, it's what the writers intended. I don't know why people act like that's so hard to understand, he doesn't need feats when his entire character is built to be an over powered joke. It's not even wank it's just truth.

Any kind of way a character exists that is omnipotent in a series, they shouldn't be taken seriously. I don't take TOAA seriously because his character is just too much, there's no interesting fights for characters like him. I don't take saitama seriously in debates for the same reason, regardless of his lack of feats you have to look at author's intent.

This

*is fucking stupid and no one with a functioning brain would take it seriously.

death4bunnies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#284 death4bunnies  Moderator

Lack of feats.. and people trying to put him at a level no one in his entire verse is at.

OMP only has sub planet level feats.. he’s overpowered in that verse sure… but hes kinda fodder to verses with real planet busters.

Sweetyx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Maybe because of retards like this:

@ Just because you like OPM doesn’t make you right, Superman and Goku have strength to outclass their foes with Saiyan strength and Kryptonian strength that outclasses Human strength, yet saitama has one punched all of his enemies while holding back, now when supes is always holding back he gets hurt, he gets beaten, until he acts on his own accords then he‘s powerful, but he’s near limitless and Supes is more superior than Goku, Saitama is a human who one punched all of his foes, he’s never taken damage and jumped from moon to earth in seconds while still holding back, so if he kicked it up he would have gone straight through Boros’ ship. Now again, Superman is near limitless, doesn’t that tell you that Saitama is limitless?

Uncannyrewind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#286  Edited By Uncannyrewind
@death4bunnies said:

Lack of feats.. and people trying to put him at a level no one in his entire verse is at.

OMP only has sub planet level feats.. he’s overpowered in that verse sure… but hes kinda fodder to verses with real planet busters.

Exactly. With the kind of stupid logic used to prop up authors intent over feats commonly spewed out by saitama wankers, pretty much any character who happens to be at the very top of their verse irrespective of how weak the verse is overall can be said to be omnipotent or unbeatable.

That kind of logic is obviously fucking stupid to anyone with more than half a brain cell

Avatar image for darkpsychiclord_prime
DarkPsychicLord_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@death4bunnies: I mean Orochi's feat of pulling part of the core, shaking the whole planet, erupting volcanoes, etc, has been calced at moon or small planet level. He compressed and absorbed it inside his body (which is a durability feat as well) and fired it at Saitama, who in turn responded by squeezing his hands to create a squirt gun of magma at such pressure it completely overpowered the attack, and then he proceeded to rip through Orochi in one casual punch. He also overpowered Boros' attack which is surface wiper in manga and planet buster in the anime. There aren't really any high tiers in comics that operate at such power levels consistently and much less casually, like Saitama does. He isn't on the level of late DBZ characters but he isn't that far off. An actual planet buster like you said, shouldn't be able to beat him, if it isn't something they can do casually.

death4bunnies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#288 death4bunnies  Moderator

@death4bunnies: I mean Orochi's feat of pulling part of the core, shaking the whole planet, erupting volcanoes, etc, has been calced at moon or small planet level. He compressed and absorbed it inside his body (which is a durability feat as well) and fired it at Saitama, who in turn responded by squeezing his hands to create a squirt gun of magma at such pressure it completely overpowered the attack, and then he proceeded to rip through Orochi in one casual punch. He also overpowered Boros' attack which is surface wiper in manga and planet buster in the anime. There aren't really any high tiers in comics that operate at such power levels consistently and much less casually, like Saitama does. He isn't on the level of late DBZ characters but he isn't that far off. An actual planet buster like you said, shouldn't be able to beat him, if it isn't something they can do casually.

So we agree we should base it off feats.. then cool I agree.

I didn’t speak on DBZ I’m no expert.

There are plenty of planet busters (no calc needed they just bust planets) in comics and other media.. but again, if your basing your arg off feats then we have no problem.. I’m clearly addressing the idea that OMP is unbeatable because he’s overpowered in his own limited verse.. as others have expressed above post 282.. and I think that’s why he doesn’t get “the respect” some people think he deserves.

Is that fair?

Poopiehead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

saitamas physical strength is omnipotent. maybe even stronger then omnipotent. he cant lose to anyone and one shot everyone.

Antebellum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I kinda got uninterested since the next season would take so much to come out.

gdara

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

He used to be argued at DBS Goku levels back then.

Now he is Planet at best for most.

Morningstar999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jacksterv said:

@batmanplusjay said:

This

*is fucking stupid and no one with a functioning brain would take it seriously.

wayshrine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Saitama is like FTL and moon level, probably planet level with the Orochi scaling, so he's pretty decent.

Uncannyrewind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

saitamas physical strength is omnipotent. maybe even stronger then omnipotent. he cant lose to anyone and one shot everyone.

No Caption Provided

Morningstar999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

Pretty cringe opinion, but an opinion nonetheless.

death4bunnies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#297 death4bunnies  Moderator

@death4bunnies: Saitama’s punch to redirect and overpower Boros attack was not only multi-continental+, but he merely punched the air. So, if he actually punched some object instead of using a shockwave, he likely would’ve destroyed the moon tbh. In the Orochi scaling, that feat is moon+ easily, like DPLP explained.

I feel like you maybe didn’t read my post..

If your basing your ranking off feats we have no issue.

I was simply explaining that some people think that OMP can literally one shot anyone in fiction, and think we underrate him by basing our opinion of his level off feats.

People in this very thread are calling him Omnipotent, and saying feats don’t matter he can oneshot anyone, then claiming he doesn’t get the respect he deserves.

My position is that even if he can oneshot anyone in HIS verse that doesn’t mean he can one shot anyone in ANY verse as some people are claiming.. some verses just operate at a higher level.
Even if you high ball OMP to planet level, he still falls below a lot of characters… I’m just addressing the idea that he’s omnipotent.

Pr03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

probably because of saitama fans writing "he one-shots everybody including goku"

SuperDarth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Isn't the point of his character not to be taken seriously?

Morningstar999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Isn't the point of his character not to be taken seriously?

It is to a certain point. He is incredibly powerful in his verse to the point it doesn't make any sense, his training is taken as a joke in the series itself, because there is no way that someone who does some push ups and runs, gets so ludicrously strong, it's idiotic and physically impossible. That's the whole point. It's nonsensical how a baldy in a world of Espers, superpowered martial arts, cyborgs, humanoid monsters, is so strong due to such a training. And this training is basically a joke to most Shounen characters. The point of Saitama is exactly this, getting so strong by doing such a...painfully average training.

He is a parody of the Shounen genre, because main characters like Goku do hundreds/thousands of push-ups/sit ups while in gravity training, characters like Naruto nearly die to accomplish what they need with their horrendously difficult training, and life-threatening situations, etc,.

He is a joke in that sense, not in the sense that he will just beat anyone and everyone, because "tHaT's tHe jOkE". He will beat the people he can beat, through his own feats of strenght. He is not some stupid character, he is not some gag, he is a character like anyone else. He has his own emotions, he felt disappointed when Boros basically was fodder to him, because he wasn't pushed hard enough.

And I feel like if ONE saw the conditions of the fanbase now, he would be shaking his head in disappointment, because nobody is getting what Saitama actually represents. He doesn't like to oneshot anyone. He cannot oneshot anyone.

He is trapped in this world, where nobody is strong enough(for now), to give him a proper challenge. Who said that another character from a different franchise cannot beat him? Absolutely nothing.

Saitama is strong, too strong for his own verse...but to which extent, it is unknown. This is why feats will always come first.

And I honestly feel like excluding him from battle-boarding because he is a gag(which he isn't), would be disrespectful.