Why isn't Saitama taken seriously anymore?

qwertyuiop1998

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@batmanplusjay: same words“in short.unless you can prove his omnipotent(story ,author's words,etc),or at another series his as invincible as his own series(like dragon ball),or he have feats to prove his what your claimed(because performance feats is our normally perspective to how powerful that character is),or you just said your own imagination.not OPM this series.”or more short,you say his omnipotent or he is invincible at other series is inconvincible

BatmanPlusJay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52  Edited By BatmanPlusJay

@qwertyuiop1998: He's invincible because the author clearly made him that way. He beats who he wants when he wants. He's shown immunity to all psychological, and physical attacks he's ever faced and he's always acting goofy when he does it. It doesn't need to be stated that he's invincible in order for us to see it. If you paid attention to the story at all you can clearly see it. OPM doesn't need feats to prove it either because his character is literally a joke. He's made to body most characters he feels like. You didn't answer my question;

Why does that logic ONLY APPLY to Saitama and not other characters?

You keep avoiding my question. Saitama is as invincible in any other series as he is in his own because there's nothing to suggest otherwise. You literally made up this rule on the spot. In no battle between characters from differing universes have I ever heard "well is goku as strong as he is in the Naruto verse as he is in his own?" Because questions like that aren't a thing. Saitama bodies pretty much every non-omnipotent character in every series and that's the end of that.

qwertyuiop1998

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@batmanplusjay:because your logic is ridiculous,just because he can't beaten in his own series doesn't mean in another series he can't be beaten since author never said so,never writer another series characters like goku beaten by him.for example,my avatar aijou karen never beaten in her own musical version series,but that dones't mean suggest she is invincible to other series characters.i never said"he not as powerful as in his own series",i said is "no proofs suggest he is as invincible as in his own series since he can easily beaten any foes because his too powerful for his foes,but never mentioned because his literally invincible."he couldn't be take serious because he is a joke character this point i agree,but i can't see why he is invincible to all another series characters

Avatar image for deactivated-5c17b8d97d1a7
deactivated-5c17b8d97d1a7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@batmanplusjay: Don't reply to them anymore. They clearly cannot handle the philosophy behind an anime character.

XLR87T3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By XLR87T3
Shinne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#56  Edited By Shinne
@batmanplusjay said:

@qwertyuiop1998: He's invincible because the author clearly made him that way. He beats who he wants when he wants. He's shown immunity to all psychological, and physical attacks he's ever faced and he's always acting goofy when he does it. It doesn't need to be stated that he's invincible in order for us to see it. If you paid attention to the story at all you can clearly see it. OPM doesn't need feats to prove it either because his character is literally a joke. He's made to body most characters he feels like. You didn't answer my question;

You keep avoiding my question. Saitama is as invincible in any other series as he is in his own because there's nothing to suggest otherwise. You literally made up this rule on the spot. In no battle between characters from differing universes have I ever heard "well is goku as strong as he is in the Naruto verse as he is in his own?" Because questions like that aren't a thing. Saitama bodies pretty much every non-omnipotent character in every series and that's the end of that.

@lightyagami1000 said:

@batmanplusjay: Don't reply to them anymore. They clearly cannot handle the philosophy behind an anime character.

100% bullshit.

Just because we don't know Saitama's limit, doesn't mean he doesn't have one. We literally don't know whether he has it or not, so we can't assume that he's limitless either. You're as guilty as people who assume his limit, the difference is, our arguments have an actual basis (his positive feats so far), when all you have is your fan theory.

The only thing that he has is his positive feats even if he doesn't have a negative one, which is why that should be the only indication of how strong he is. A philosophy isn't important to determine how powerful a character is either. It would make a great fan theory or fan-fiction, but that's it. The fact is, Saitama hasn't performed anything above multi-continental. Facts do not care about feelings.

I'm not assuming Saitama's limit whatsoever, but I don't see even 1 reason to assume that he's above what he has shown so far.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lan_fan: Someone is more triggered then Superman when Joker killed his kid, wife, and all of city... ???

Warms my heart. Try not to stress about big boy.

:)

Shinne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lan_fan: Someone is more triggered then Superman when Joker killed his kid, wife, and all of city... ???

Warms my heart. Try not to stress about big boy.

:)

If you don't want to get your fan theory debunked, then you don't need to post on an open forum. You can keep your opinion to yourself.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lan_fan: I could care less tbh. My theory is my theory and you have a problem with it.

“Ok” - Saitama (One Punch Man)

Avatar image for theinsufferable
TheInsufferable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm really not an expert on the subject, but does he even look like a character who's created to be taken seriously?

Shinne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lan_fan: I could care less tbh. My theory is my theory and you have a problem with it.

“Ok” - Saitama (One Punch Man)

I care about stopping fanboys from spreading false information.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lan_fan: So now you’re a keyboard warrior fighting for the truth, and justice of CV.... You support Goku, but talk and act like Superman... ????

Avatar image for deactivated-5beeed406e9c9
deactivated-5beeed406e9c9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-5beeed406e9c9
deactivated-5beeed406e9c9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Shinne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lightyagami1000: so are you going to debate w/actual feats/your fanfics?

It's pretty clear that he can't debate and only knows how to wank, so let's leave him alone.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lan_fan: Says the ones that wank Naruto and One Pump Man.

Shinne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lightyagami1000: I've never debated seriously for Naruto nor Goku before. If you could actually read properly, I merely debunked OPM and Death Note (in PM). Not that I care who their opponents are.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lan_fan: I WILL NOT SUBMIT TO YOUR IGNORANT ARGUMENTS. I’M A GOD YOU VILE WORTHLESS CREATURE AND I WILL NOT BE BULLIED B- ..........

Shinne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wassely

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Because of his fanboys

ElderElijah190

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deathstroke512: My point exactly. Never has the author stated for him to be taken as a joke character. Most anime protagonist are hinted to be a joke character mostly. Just cos saitama is built up more on the joking side doesn't mean in battle threads, we apply that same logic of him being a joke that wasn't even stated in the series on him.

BatmanPlusJay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By BatmanPlusJay

@lan_fan: Feats don't matter in Saitama's case because he's a character made for shits and giggles, he's just made to be OP, author's intention. You claim we use fan theory when 1, I'm not that big of a saitama fan to begin with so chill with that. And 2, author's intention is my basis and it's definitely stronger than yours. If I were to create a character named "one shot" and all he does is effortlessly one shot whoever/whatever he wants and ends fights whenever he wants and he's immune to everything with the most bullshit back story to how he got his power and he nonchalantly does pretty much everything, it should be obvious to everyone reading it that I'm making him OP just because I can. There's no logical reason to it. Just because the author doesn't make him have feats to show he can do certain things doesn't mean he can't do it, he clearly can because of my portrayal of the character and my blatant intention of what the character is. Feats don't mean everything, but author intention does. Saitama's limit is constantly in question in his own series, I really don't see how this is so hard for people to understand.

Someone once told me Naruto wasn't continental level, Streak showed a scan from the shikamaru novel where Shikamaru himself along with the 5 kage say Naruto and Sasuke were both continental level and the guy I was arguing with ignored the author's intention because of lack of feats. Naruto and Sasuke didn't have to blow up the entire continent they lived in in order for the author to make it evident that they could do it. Same with Saitama. The authors don't need to make him punch the earth in order for us to know he can destroy it.

BatmanPlusJay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@elderelijah190: The author doesn't need to tell us he's a joke bro. Read between the lines.

BatmanPlusJay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@qwertyuiop1998: Again;

You keep avoiding my question.

Going by your logic that Saitama is only invincible in his own series, Goku isn't stronger than Naruto. Superman can't beat a Pokemon. Ironman gets roflstomped by a teletubby. All because "just because he can't beaten in his own series doesn't mean in another series he can't be beaten since author never said so,never writer another series characters like goku beaten by him". I don't see why you don't see how ridiculous you sound. All you're basically telling me is no character from any series can be compared to other characters from another series because they haven't canonically fought before, which I swear is one of the craziest things I've heard on this site and for that you deserve a cookie.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79
deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Most anime characters aren't taken seriously by debaters because they have awful fans who only know how to debate with memes and bad math.

BatmanPlusJay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By BatmanPlusJay

@farkam: Well shit. You know what? I concede and I agree Saitama has a limit that stops at breaking pencils. Good day to you all

emperorthanos-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 emperorthanos-  Moderator

There was really only two ways it would have gone with Saitama. One is we treat him like a toon force character in which case the mods should simply ban him from the battle forums like all the other toon force characters. Or we allow him to remain in the battle forums in which case we go by the feats he has performed and no more. ComicVine and most battle forums site went the latter route. And Saitama's feats simply aren't that impressive compared to most high tiers. And thus whenever he is pitted against them he loses.

We aren't take him less seriously it is quite the opposite. We are treating him as serious characters and going by the feats he has performed. If you think that shouldn't happen and that he is in fact this omnipotent joke character. Then tell the mods and ban him from the forums like every other character like him.

BatmanPlusJay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@emperorthanos-: That's reasonable

emperorthanos-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 emperorthanos-  Moderator

@batmanplusjay: So what do you think should be done. Ban him or debate him with his actual feats.

Shinne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By Shinne

@batmanplusjay: So your argument is based on his toon force? His toon force is weak as well, so it's irrelevant. Even Bugs Bunny's toon force level is based on his toon force feats which makes him an actual reality up warper. Most people would pick Bugs Bunny over SpongeBob if they had a fight. Why? Both have toon force, but BB's toon force is stronger by feats. Surprise, toon force needs feats as well.

You made up writer's intention, you really don't know anything. All of your points are based on your assumptions of what the writer might think and how you feel about the writing and characters. It's still within the realm of fan theory.

If you want to write a powerful character, you have to show the reader why. That's writing a story 101. Saitama didn't even one-shot everyone in his way, let alone more powerful people from other verses.

Yeah, I agree with Streak. Never said Saitama needed to destroy a planet in order to be called a planet buster, he just needs to perform feats on that level. At least a statement bruh, at least a statement. Even Naruto had feats and statements to back what people are claiming. Your claims are not backed with anything, literally. It's just that simple.

DeathandGrim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

Toratorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Because he is nothing special. Oh and because he is wanked a lot.

BatmanPlusJay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By BatmanPlusJay

@lan_fan said:

@batmanplusjay: So your argument is based on his toon force? His toon force is weak as well, so it's irrelevant.

Lol I like this joke, I might use it one day.

Even Bugs Bunny's toon force level is based on his toon force feats which makes him an actual reality up warper.

Most people would pick Bugs Bunny over SpongeBob if they had a fight. Why? Both have toon force, but BB's toon force is stronger by feats. Surprise, toon force needs feats as well.

So's Tom and Jerry. They can literally stop time to do some goofy shit and continue on with the episode. But the difference between those characters and Saitama is those characters are simply made to be fun entertainment. Saitama's made to be a god. People in his own series constantly question his strength, especially genos. People in Looney Toonz, Ed Edd n Eddy or Tom and Jerry couldn't give two shits about what they can perform because that's not what the show is about. It's not at all related to the writer's intention in creating those characters. Saitama on the other hand was made to be this goofy godlike figure who got where he was doing a basic workout routine, he's literally made to be a god just for shits and giggles. That he's so strong the limit to his strength is unknown. That he has no vulnerabilities. That's the author's intention, is it not?

You made up writer's intention, you really don't know anything. All of your points are based on your assumptions of what the writer might think and how you feel about the writing and characters. It's still within the realm of fan theory

Author's intention is made up? Really? Lol, and I'm the one who doesn't know anything. I'll say this again;

If I were to create a character named "one shot" and all he does is effortlessly one shot whoever/whatever he wants and ends fights whenever he wants and he's immune to everything with the most bullshit back story to how he got his power and he nonchalantly does pretty much everything, it should be obvious to everyone reading it that I'm making him OP just because I can. There's no logical reason to it. Just because the author doesn't make him have feats to show he can do certain things doesn't mean he can't do it, he clearly can because of my portrayal of the character and my blatant intention of what the character is.

A character like this that I hypothetically created is much more powerful than anything most toonz characters can do, because I specifically made my character this being who I intended to not be topped, regardless if I make him destroy a planet or a star or anything on those levels. On the other hand, Ed from Ed Edd n Eddy could stop time to talk to the viewers, and Edd could effortlessly shapeshift like elastigirl and pick up entire houses with just his teeth but that has nothing on my character because of the simple fact i intended for my character to be a certain way, regardless if I gave him the feats or not. Author's intention has to be one of the most important things about scaling a character. Goku is someone who strives to be the strongest, author's intention. Naruto's an underdog who strives to be the strongest Hokage, author's intention. TOAA is god, author's intention.

Yeah, I agree with Streak. Never said Saitama needed to destroy a planet in order to be called a planet buster, he just needs to perform feats on that level. At least a statement bruh, at least a statement.

Mmm nah he doesn't. I personally consider OPM a toonz character because I feel like all the evidence in his show and I'm sure without a doubt his manga suggest he's this invincible being who's bored being what he is. A protagonist in manga who are very strong and are one of the strongest at some point in their series, know how the viewers most of the time expect them to find someone stronger, lose and get better? Do you see that happening with Saitama? Honestly, do you see Saitama losing a fight, or showing any limitations in his story? I doubt it. Now clearly there's no definitive proof to back up my claim, same as your claims since you have no proof that he even has limits except feats that he nonchalantly performs, just like me you're making an assumption w/o definitive proof. Except my assumption is backed up by how blatantly obvious the show makes it, I even stated my reasons as to why he's very much likely a toonz character and you simply respond with "lol no feats". You've made no effort to debunk the reasoning.

Even Naruto had feats and statements to back what people are claiming. Your claims are not backed with anything, literally. It's just that simple.

Maybe you think that because you think simplistically. I definitely backed up my claims.

BatmanPlusJay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By BatmanPlusJay

@emperorthanos said: @batmanplusjay: So what do you think should be done. Ban him or debate him with his actual feats.

Don't know. While I think he's a very toonz-like character, there's nothing definitive about his strength. People look at his feats and want to assume that's where his limits are like lmao just stop. It's been said many times since OPM became a thing that nobody knows his limits so it wouldn't make sense for any feat he nonchalantly performs to be his limit.

Why do you think there was only two ways for mods to deal with Saitama? Because nothing about his strength is definitive. He's a mystery in that aspect and it's just up to how people interpret him.

But if he's allowed on the battle forums then I see no reason not to refer to his feats since that's all there really is to refer to. It's reasonable.

BatmanPlusJay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lan_fan: But just so we're clear, you don't think Saitama is a tooz character and you think he has a limit. Right?

Avatar image for rudebomberboy01
RudeBomberBoy01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Some of the worst debating I've seen on this site... And I've seen a user try to argue DCEU Batman can survive on the sun, but this 'Saitama is omnipotent' nonsense takes the cake.

BatmanPlusJay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By BatmanPlusJay

@rudebomberboy01: I'm pretty sure you came here before, saying nothing, and you're here yet again. Saying nothing. Bringing literally nothing to the table. I don't know why you're on a debating website when you can't do much of it.

Shinne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@batmanplusjay: I can't determine his exact limit, because he hasn't shown any, but I'm also not gonna assume that he's beyond anything that he has done in the past.

qwertyuiop1998

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@batmanplusjay: again,you ignore my words,and twist my opnion,like i said before,i never said"he is not as powerful as in his own series",i said is "no proofs suggest he is as invincible as in his own series since he can easily beaten any foes because his too powerful for his foes,but never mentioned because his literallyinvincible.".you toss superman or goku to saitama's universe,i'm pretty sure at present them could easily handle his foes like saitama did.

or let me rephrease,saitama is invincible to his foes because his too powerful(but now we don't how powerful he strictly is) for them,not because he is literally invincible

BatmanPlusJay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@qwertyuiop1998: So rather than thinking with common sense that Saitama is just god tier in his universe, you chose to think his foes are just so weak he overpowers them so easily and that's why he seems invincible? Do you realize how ridiculous you sound? How would you know if Saitama wouldn't bitch slap Frieza the same way he did Boros? You don't, you're for whatever reason are trying to assume Saitama isn't a god when he is. Like I said time and time again; the author clearly intended for Saitama to be unstoppable, it's his character. Evidence in his show and I'm sure without a doubt his manga suggest he's this invincible being who's bored being what he is. A protagonist in manga who are very strong and are one of the strongest at some point in their series, know how the viewers most of the time expect them to find someone stronger, lose and get better? Do you see that happening with Saitama? Honestly, do you see Saitama losing a fight, or showing any limitations in his story? I doubt it.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@batmanplusjay: Bro I agree with you 100%... Just take a break from arguing with people who are brain dead...

@chad_duby and I will handle this. Okay buddy! :)

BatmanPlusJay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94  Edited By BatmanPlusJay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@batmanplusjay: @emperorthanos-: @toratorn: @rudebomberboy01: @lan_fan: @qwertyuiop1998:

Saitama is a satire character who’s entire show revolves around the idea that he has surpassed any form of power limiter making him the strongest character in that universe.

It shows what it’s like to actually be the strongest and be not just a little, but a lot more powerful than any rival in the show. Saitama has ‘infinite’ power meaning if he wanted to he could literally destroy anything. The Earth, the solar system who knows. In all of his fights he has held back in fear of killing his enemy or killing those around him. If he actually punched someone as hard as he possibly could he would rip apart Earth so he has to limit the amount of power he uses.

The show however can still make him vulnerable through things that ultimate power cannot fix such as social situations and money problems. The price Saitama has paid for gaining these powers is the loss of his emotions and his drive. Because he is already the strongest he has no reason to train to become stronger, show off the full extent of what he can do or fight enemies more powerful than himself (because there are none). However this doesn’t mean he can’t still do any of the things that any other anime character like Naurto and Goku can do and more…

The whole premise of the show is that he is literally unbeatable. Nothing can kill him, nothing can survive an actual fight with him. The only way to beat Saitama is to outwit him through some other means than physical fighting (which isn’t difficult).

To put it simply, Saitama was created by ONE to simply be more powerful than any enemy he faces. So if he faces a strong human he would beat said human using a little bit more power than him. If he faces a god level alien threat from outta space he will beat him using only the amount of power that is required. If Saitama were to face most Anime characters he would defeat them using more power than them, simple as that.

It’s pretty much the entire philosophy behind OPM. And if you guys want I can post the most impressive feats from the Manga and Anime. There you go BatmanPlusJay. I got your back!

TheOriginalOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96  Edited By TheOriginalOne

@lightyagami1000: What you said is fine and good IN THEORY. We know he is going to get better feats as time goes on anyway.

But the hate for Saitama comes because when he is used in a VS battle, his fanboys stick to the point that he is limitless and ignore feats. That is why he gets hated on.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lightyagami1000: What you said is fine and good IN THEORY. We know he is going to get better feats as time goes on anyway.

But the hate for Saitama comes because when he is used in a VS battle, his fanboys stick to the point that he is limitless and ignore feats. That is why he gets hated on.

I respect that, but let' say the fight takes place in a neutral universe. One where all rules from each universes are allowed. And hey if you give us time we can post feats for you. However I do see where you're coming from.

Wassely

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Because he's a parody, a joke character, he is not meant to be taken seriously.

Also, his fanboys are annoying

TheOriginalOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99  Edited By TheOriginalOne

@lightyagami1000 said:

I respect that, but let' say the fight takes place in a neutral universe. One where all rules from each universes are allowed. And hey if you give us time we can post feats for you. However I do see where you're coming from.

Even if the rules from each universe are allowed, he still needs feats. Statements don't work in a vs debate. Also, I don't need you to post feats, I read both the webcomic and manga.

Shinne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100  Edited By Shinne

@lightyagami1000: Your argument is based on "who knows?". Clearly I don't, and neither do you, so why are claiming all of these stuffs? His most impressive feat is continental, and if you want to wank it to star level then whatever, but now you're claiming that he can destroy solar system just because we don't know whether he can or not. That's just absurd.

You also brought up writer's intention or the premise of the show, but you also don't really know about this. It's all just part of your assumptions, since the author hasn't addressed anything. Even if ONE did create him to be more powerful than everyone, it wouldn't matter, since that would just mean that Saitama is the strongest in his verse. ONE doesn't have any power over people from other verse who feat wise might be stronger than him.