Why isn't Saitama taken seriously anymore?

ElderElijah190

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By ElderElijah190

When saitama was introduced years back, he was given the respect he deserved in battle threads but right now, he isn't taken seriously anymore by various battle forums with comic vine rating first in line.

Mister_Surreal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Mister_Surreal

It's mostly because of the fact that he was intended to be a joke character who makes fun of the superhero genre, but a lot of people started taking his feats as him being this unstoppable force a nature who can beat any opponent. It got to the point where people started to hate the character because many people would exaggerate his feats and make it out to seem that he can beat anyone. The result was him coming off as simply another "Dr. Manhattan"; a character who is thought of being godlike despite having very few impressive feats. That's why he is often not taken seriously.

StormKing1221

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Because his wank was debunked

Lord_Titan_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Its because of his stupid fans trying to vouch for him, they know fully well what fights he cant win but still try and make a case anyway

DeathandGrim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

He's was never supposed to be. That was the joke.

Green_Tea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Because outside of his verse he's not impressive compared to heavy hitters from Marvel/DC.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

#7  Edited By Lvenger

Because scaling from his universe's logic where Saitama can beat anyone in one punch to other universes that operate with different characters and tiers was faulty reasoning. And I love OPM for the record, it's probably my manga.

HeroUp2112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

SeaGod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

cause you have fanboys going on about him being omnipotent and that he is a legit NLF that we should take serious.

Grinningf0x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What normally causes any character to be mocked is that their fanboys wank them too far

Bandedessinee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well Saitama is a parody character so he is not meant to be taken serious in the first place. People will respect him by feats but not by fanboys wanking that he can one punch everyone. One punching people in your verse doesn't mean you can one punch everyone in every verse.

Avatar image for echostarlord117
echostarlord117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I came here to say this.

RukelnikovFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

DrPepperMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Look up any video of Saitama vs Anyone with over 100K views and view the comments.

GXrevs06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By GXrevs06

Because he was never THAT strong to begin with. People just wanked him to the high heavens. The wank has died down. Most planet level + characters can beat him and he has no countermeasures against hax. Granted, his physicals are top notch but he is just too much of one trick pony

The_Justiciar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#17  Edited By The_Justiciar
Shinne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for the_legendary_supersaiyan_hulk
The_Legendary_SuperSaiyan_Hulk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Saitama wasn't supposed to be taken serious to begin with, it would defeat his character

LawCol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I didn't realize he was ever taken seriously. He is meant to be a joke character with a plot device power.

Avatar image for fullmetalemprah
FullMetalEmprah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By FullMetalEmprah

Because rather than go by feats shown his supporters expect everyone to accept some NLF and that Saitama can one shot literally everyone. He's not one shotting Goku, he's not one shotting Superman, nor anyone else like them. However there are people who claim he can despite not having the feats for it so debating against him in threads can be like talking to a wall.

This is coming from someone that likes OPM btw.

Gaoron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Because he's wanked for no reason so noone takes his actual feats seriously anymore.

BatmanPlusJay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By BatmanPlusJay

@mister_surreal: Except he is omnipotent. That's the point of his character. He is a joke, so no he shouldn't be taken seriously in debates. But yes he would rock everyone's shit in DB, he would rock Superman's shit, he would rock the entire comicverse' shit(Aside from characters like TOAA). He's just made that way, it's what the writers intended. I don't know why people act like that's so hard to understand, he doesn't need feats when his entire character is built to be an over powered joke. It's not even wank it's just truth.

Any kind of way a character exists that is omnipotent in a series, they shouldn't be taken seriously. I don't take TOAA seriously because his character is just too much, there's no interesting fights for characters like him. I don't take saitama seriously in debates for the same reason, regardless of his lack of feats you have to look at author's intent.

qwertyuiop1998

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@batmanplusjay: but the author neither said he is omnipotent,or said he could defeat another series characters.actually,even boros could give he some harm,and i know OPM author intends is no one could defeat him in OPM,but is just in his own series invincible,not mean in anther series he is invincible.

but i agree with most what your said,he don't need feats to prove he is a invincible character(in his own series),couldn't take he seriously

Avatar image for life_without_progress
life_without_progress

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

ElderElijah190

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't get the he's never suppose to be and saying that was the joke answer. My intent here isn't how he was portrayed in the show by the author but in battle threads.

Thanks for the well thought of replies btw.

BatmanPlusJay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@qwertyuiop1998: The author doesn't need to say anything for us to see his intent. Boros can't hurt saitama, he never hurt saitama. Dude is obviously a character made for shits and giggles

DeathandGrim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By DeathandGrim

@elderelijah190: What did you not get about my answer? Saitama is a joke character. The way he was setup was never meant to hold up outside his own series from his explicit plot powers. It took a while for everyone to finally jump on board with that train of thought, but once we got there we realized he's not what people initially hyped him to be.

qwertyuiop1998

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@batmanplusjay: the author intend is saitama is invincible in his own series,but he isn't omnipotent,because he can't breathing in space,and he can't destroy a meteorite entirely.i know this charater can't take seriously,like i said i agree with you this point.i just said he is not omnipotent because in story never mention and never prove it,he just invincible.

BatmanPlusJay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By BatmanPlusJay

@qwertyuiop1998: What are you talking about he can't destroy a meteor entirely? He punched through it and it exploded into pieces. It doesn't need to be evaporated in order for saitama to be omnipotent.

And what's with this "in his own series" bs coming from and why does it only apply to Saitama? Going by that logic, Goku's only as strong as he is in his own series and therefore when pit against people like Ichigo or Naruto in their universes he will need to be incredibly weak. That logic makes no sense. Saitama is as strong as he is across all universes because he's that strong in his own. The same way TOAA doesn't become fodder just because someone pits him against Pikachu in the Pokemon universe.

Avatar image for rudebomberboy01
RudeBomberBoy01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

^^^^^ Prime example of why people don't take Saitama and their fans seriously anymore.

What kind of shitty ass logic was that?

Avatar image for marvelanddcfan24
MarvelandDCfan24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hes a joke character and looks like a penis

BatmanPlusJay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rudebomberboy01: I wouldn't care if Saitama became a bum in the second season and got bodied by Genos. I'm looking at this objectively and I asked you to explain that "saitama is only a god in his universe" bs statement and I'm still waiting. So you gonna sit there and be useless or bring something to the table?

qwertyuiop1998

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@batmanplusjay: 1saitama certainly don't want meteorite cause more truoble.2if he is omnipotent,then he could just evaprated it because he didn't want it cause more trouble.3so he is not omnipotent.4(most important)author never said he is omnipotent,and also in story never have proofs he is omnipotent

and you another point,i said in his own series because in his own series no one could defeat him,but that doesn't mean another series couldn't defeat him(that's why we debate across universes/different series characters win or lose uses feats to prove our points,to be a proof),author never said he could defeat superman goku green lantern etc.its just your imagination he could as invincible as his own series in all others series

qwertyuiop1998

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

qwertyuiop1998

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By qwertyuiop1998

@batmanplusjay: in short.unless you can prove his omnipotent(story ,author's words,etc),or at another series his as invincible as his own series(like dragon ball),or he have feats to prove his what your claimed(because performance feats is our normally perspective to how powerful that character is),or you just said your own imagination.not OPM this series.

BatmanPlusJay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@qwertyuiop1998: He's omnipotent because he can't be beaten. Which is the author's intent, and as the series stands right now it's a fact. By omnipotent I don't mean he's literally God, a creator and all that other shit. I mean he's just someone who can't be beaten and he beats who he wants, he's made that way.

qwertyuiop1998

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@batmanplusjay: so i said:strictly to say he is invincible,not omnipotent.and like i said,author intends is in this seires he is invincible,but not means in another series he is as invincible as his own series since author never said,never intend to.he couldn't be take seriously because in his own universe,he can't beaten and maybe never showed his limits in the end,so we couldn't strictly measure his power level.

DeathandGrim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Omnipotent because auth-

omnipotent?

omnipotent.

Yea this is why no one takes this serious

King-Ragnar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

He wasn't meant to be taken seriously to begin with.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c17b8d97d1a7
deactivated-5c17b8d97d1a7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He's not omnipotent, but he's very powerful. Can end the likes of almost anyone if he wanted to.

God_Above

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

it happens to every character who run by hype mostly

JuzaCloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The real questions....where is the story going in OPM? There doesn't seem to be any aim of the story yet. Outside of the fights the story is boring and not progressing towards anything.

BatmanPlusJay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@qwertyuiop1998:

"author intends is in this seires he is invincible,but not means in another series he is as invincible as his own series since author never said,never intend to"

That same logic applies to any character. Like I said, if Saitama is specially for whatever odd reason not allowed to be godly in other verses, then that logic applies to everyone like characters like Goku would be absolute fodder in the Naruto verse. TOAA would be butt ass corny in the Pokemon verse. Superman would hot garbage in the Bleach verse.

If Saitama isn't allowed to be godly in any other universe from his then that logic applies to everyone and Naruto vs Goku isn't as lopsided as everyone thinks. But that fight is as lopsided as everyone thinks because that logic apparently doesn't apply when it's Goku or anyone else but Saitama. Which makes no sense. So explain to me out of all the godly characters, why is Saitama the only one who can't be strong in another series?

BatmanPlusJay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-5c60dc252a2af
deactivated-5c60dc252a2af

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

sAiTaMa iS iNfInITe

BatmanPlusJay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@b_r023: Lmao, you're trying to be sarcastic but it's true.

Gokluma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Saitama is a gag

deathstroke512

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't understand why everyone is saying he isn't meant to be taken seriously or he is just a parody character.AFAIK the writer has never said this that he is just a parody or not to be taken serious and the writer is trying to write story of him so he is just like any other manga character .He and his universe makes you laugh at other Manga tropes but so did watchmen.

As for battle forum,what's even the point of discussing the feats he has never performed,just use the feats he has performed and wait till manga finishes to see his full power.He is one of the best and most interesting character ever created and mocks those who keep saying op characters suck when they can be just as interesting.The best part is he doesn't go through cis other powerful characters do.