#1 Posted by hyperfinn (2366 posts) - - Show Bio

How did the shows final season gets so much hate upon its release. how did it get so much hate from the fans and why is it seen as a abomination?.

Avatar image for deactivated-5cf823e3012e8
#2 Posted by deactivated-5cf823e3012e8 (449 posts) - - Show Bio

Because it went off the rails according to some fans.

#3 Posted by JediXMan (42876 posts) - - Show Bio

Hack writers. This montage sums it up:

Loading Video...

Avatar image for ready_4_madness
#4 Posted by Ready_4_Madness (17151 posts) - - Show Bio

It’s rushed, it should’ve been two seasons.

#5 Posted by IAmTheLaw (857 posts) - - Show Bio

It's rushed. A couple mediocre writing decisions. People always turn on stuff that is this popular eventually.

#6 Posted by FaradaySloth (10650 posts) - - Show Bio

Betrayal to the fans, and I'm not joking. Watch for so long only to see character development and arcs to just be thrown out the window, Main Villain being treated as a joke, etc.

#7 Posted by King-Ragnar (4428 posts) - - Show Bio

Because they threw away 67 episodes worth of character development and arcs.

#8 Edited by Amcu (17048 posts) - - Show Bio

Because its filled with plot holes, mistakes, inconsistencies, bad character twists and generally bad characterization of certain characters. At least that's my opinion and the opinion of quite a few people.

Avatar image for buttersdaman000
#9 Posted by buttersdaman000 (22877 posts) - - Show Bio

@amcu said:

Because its filled with plot holes, mistakes, inconsistencies, bad character twists and generally bad characterization of certain characters. At least that's my opinion and the opinion of quite a few people.

Betrayal to the fans, and I'm not joking. Watch for so long only to see character development and arcs to just be thrown out the window, Main Villain being treated as a joke, etc.

@jedixman said:

#10 Edited by KillBilly (2311 posts) - - Show Bio

Because it betrayed everything the series had been about for its first four seasons. The process started during seasons 5 and 6 when D&D ran out of source material to adapt, but it became completely evident in Season 7 when Littlefinger's was killed by Arya after Sansa out-manipulated him. At that point, it became a generic fantasy story with the character's now able to do things simply because it made for a cool scene as opposed to the world having any consistent internal logic.

It was no longer a thrilling political character drama where everybody was at risk. It was predictable and, as a result, lost a lot of what made the show so great. This being the case, season 8 was never going to get back to the quality of previous seasons, but it might have given us somewhat satisfying endings to the character's story arcs. Instead they chose to wrap up the last two seasons in nearly the same amount of time as a singe normal season ( Season 7 and 8 together were 13 episodes while earlier seasons were 10 episodes each ).

This was likely done because D&D got an offer to make a Star Wars Trilogy for Disney and they wanted to finish off GoT as fast as they could despite HBO being opening to keeping the series going for much longer: http://www.appocalypse.co/entertainment/hbo-wanted-more-episodes-game-of-thrones-martin-season-11-12-13/

#11 Posted by ReaperTheGrim (1189 posts) - - Show Bio

@amcu said:

@faradaysloth said:

@jedixman said:

Loading Video...

Because it betrayed everything the series had been about for its first four seasons. The process started during seasons 5 and 6 when D&D ran out of source material to adapt, but it became completely evident in Season 7 when Littlefinger's was killed by Arya after Sansa out-manipulated him. At that point, it became a generic fantasy story with the character's now able to do things simply because it made for a cool scene as opposed to the world having any consistent internal logic.

It was no longer a thrilling political character drama where everybody was at risk. It was predictable and, as a result, lost a lot of what made the show so great. This being the case, season 8 was never going to get back to the quality of previous seasons, but it might have given us somewhat satisfying endings to the character's story arcs. Instead they chose to wrap up the last two seasons in nearly the same amount of time as a singe normal season ( Season 7 and 8 together were 13 episodes while earlier seasons were 10 episodes each ).

This was likely done because D&D got an offer to make a Star Wars Trilogy for Disney and they wanted to finish off GoT as fast as they could despite HBO being opening to keeping the series going for much longer: http://www.appocalypse.co/entertainment/hbo-wanted-more-episodes-game-of-thrones-martin-season-11-12-13/

#12 Posted by Michaelbn (2748 posts) - - Show Bio

Because they wanted to copy Breaking Bad but ended up butchering all of their works in previous seasons.

Avatar image for marvelanddcfan24
#13 Edited by MarvelandDCfan24 (7673 posts) - - Show Bio

Season 7 to season 8 was rushed the writing wasnt just bad it was very lazy I dont mind the story arcs of the characters it just for a show as epic as this it should have been more fleshed out

Avatar image for christianrapper
#14 Posted by christianrapper (6370 posts) - - Show Bio

Because they rushed the crap out of it. They needed a full season. The ending results of the characters aren’t that bad but they skipped so many steps for the characters to arrive there. A full 13 episodes would have made everything a kot better.

#15 Posted by adamTRMM (9340 posts) - - Show Bio

First of all I think it was nigh impossible to please everyone. But the execution was clumsy and contrary to what many say, I don't think it is the writing itself was the problem since many of the twists are pretty damn great on paper.

#16 Posted by Richubs (5772 posts) - - Show Bio

The final episode shits on the previous 2.

I liked the first 3 episodes yet I think the first two episodes should've been 3 episodes.

#17 Posted by Alsimmons77 (1787 posts) - - Show Bio
No Caption Provided