Why is Teen Titans Go popular?

• 106 results
joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 13

Seriously, this baffles me. Its poorly written, it has no depth what so ever, it has bad, bordering on dangerous moral lessons, the characters are unlikeable and legitimately terrible people.

I'm not one of those people that demands that Super heroes show be serious, I love the Tick and Batman: The Brave and the Bold but those shows where creative and well done, silly without being stupid.

So please could someone explain why anyone older than 3 would enjoy TTG.

Slayz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

It's just the way children's cartoons are going these days, or at least the vast majority of them.

It's easier to write 20+ episodes of lazy humor than to write 5 that are actually clever and thought through.

My biggest beef is that they took the Teen Titans to make this show. TTG has absolutely nothing to do with the original show TT. They could have made this show with entirely new characters that are all douchebags or b*tches and it would have been the exact same thing. Instead they decided to leech off one of their most popular shows ever, flip it on its head, and proceed to trash everything everyone loved about it.

That's what gets under my nerves.

TheExile285

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 4

The mindless humor is popular with young kids, apparently.

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@slayz: I have tried to just ignore this show, but my kid likes it so I just have to deal most of the time but then they do an episode that outright tells its audience that if they more they know, the less friends they'll have or that reading is dangerous its hard not to get a little annoyed. I mean its directly marketed to 5 year olds, if it was actually marketed as a show for teens I could accept that they're just jokes but when a supposed hero looks at the screen with a straight face saying reading is bad to kindergartners, that's a bad thing no matter how you spin it.

Avatar image for petey_is_spidey
Petey_is_Spidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

After they replaced Young Justice with this crap, I completely stopped watching CN all together.

The-Seeffiss17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I hate modern cartoons. There's some gems, but I remember when almost every cartoon was something kids can enjoy, but we're serious enough to were I could watch em with my dad and him not be annoyed with it.

Hypnos0929

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I hate the show with all my heart

Slayz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@joshmightbe: That's another great point. If I had kids of my own, I'd be pissed too.

judasnixon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided
joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@judasnixon: I have noticed that none of the show's fans have any way of actually defending it.

silkyballfro94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By silkyballfro94

It appeals to little kids like my cousins who are in pre-k and kindergarten. Maybe we older people are looking too far in to it.

PeterParkerJr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@slayz said:

It's just the way children's cartoons are going these days, or at least the vast majority of them.

It's easier to write 20+ episodes of lazy humor than to write 5 that are actually clever and thought through.

My biggest beef is that they took the Teen Titans to make this show. TTG has absolutely nothing to do with the original show TT. They could have made this show with entirely new characters that are all douchebags or b*tches and it would have been the exact same thing. Instead they decided to leech off one of their most popular shows ever, flip it on its head, and proceed to trash everything everyone loved about it.

That's what gets under my nerves.

Yep, this.

Straight-Fire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Yeah, people are just being nostalgic in this thread. Let's not play like they didn't have mindless cartoons similar to this back then.

But yeah, I actually like Teen Titans Go - sue me.

*shrugs*

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Autism.

HighAccuser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Because unfortunately many kids or teens will watch anything, doesn't have to be stimulating emotionally or story wise or even with the humor or characters, they WILL watch it. TTG has the added benefit of being colorful and dumb enough, and not to mention it has DC characters so kids will feel like they're watching a superhero show. I mean take a look at the rest of CN. You have that horrible, landfill of a show like Uncle Grandpa and Gumball, shows that seem to have either randomness or appeal to drug users like Adventure Time, or semi-decent shows like Regular Show, but still subpar and missing in the laughs department. Kids love plot and good stories as well, but the network is content with dumbing down shows and keeping each generation conditioned to mediocrity.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 the_stegman  Moderator

Because children, the people it's for, aren't Salty, jaded adults who hate it because it's not the show they remember from their childhood.

Seriously, adults hating on a show that's for 7 year olds is crazy.

Avatar image for the_impersonator
The Impersonator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 50

Because they keep going, no matter what happens.

Heatblaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't know either, aside from being nothing like the original Teen Titans, it's a terrible show in itself.

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Because children, the people it's for, aren't Salty, jaded adults who hate it because it's not the show they remember from their childhood.

Seriously, adults hating on a show that's for 7 year olds is crazy.

If the show wasn't telling my 6 year old and bunch of awful crap like learning is bad maybe I wouldn't hate it so much, yea some of the cartoons of my generation were stupid but most of those didn't play 70 damn times a day and usually when a character acted like stupidity was awesome they were the bad guys, not the main protagonists of the show.

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 30

#20  Edited By Avenging-X-Bolt

Because its not supposed to have any of those things. It's supposed to be stupid fun which it is.

The horrible lessons are obviously in jest and are only threats to kids whose parents aren't doing there job.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator

@joshmightbe: We had JUST as many stupid shows in my day, and just as many laid back, kinda dumb protagonists (I'm assuming you're talking about Beast Boy) . Nickelodeon alone had tons like Stimpy, Herold from Hey Arnold, Phil from Rugrats,the Angry Beavers, etc. (I'm a 90s kid) It's just silly characters being silly. As for it being on all the time, change the channel dude.

Avatar image for infantfinite128
infantfinite128

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@avenging_x_bolt: Typical. Telling people how to parent their kids. I'll have you know I only show my 2 year old sophisticated programs like Downtown Abbey. Sure he cried for three days, but he hasn't made a peep since so I know he loves it.

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_stegman: The difference is that in those shows you mention they had consequences to that stupidity, they never ended the show saying it was okay to be stupid, in fact on Ren and Stimpy, Stimpy was physically assaulted for being stupid on numerous occasions, on Hey Arnold, Herold was ashamed of his stupidity.
And I never said I had a problem with silly shows, its just that Teen Titans Go just seems so aggressively pro ignorance.

Zetsu-San

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

@slayz said:

Oh please, as if shows like Tom and Jerry were any better.

oopsen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By oopsen

The show is bad, but I sat through an episode with my neice and I chuckled a couple times.

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Because its not supposed to have any of those things. It's supposed to be stupid fun which it is.

The horrible lessons are obviously in jest and are only threats to kids whose parents aren't doing there job.

I'd see your point if I hadn't had to sit down and explain to my child who is currently learning to read that no, in fact reading was not bad or dangerous after an episode of this stupid show.

I do, do my job as a parent but this is one of the only shows she watches that actively makes that job more difficult.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator

@joshmightbe: Stimpy was slapped for slapstick humor. It's not like the message was, "if you act dumb, you get slapped", he got slapped cause slapping is funny, just like it's funny watching BB or Cyborg act dumb.

I don't think the show is pro ignorance, I think it just doesn't care about teaching kids lessons. This is a show meant to entertain, not enlighten, that's what PBS is for.

Avatar image for darkdetective27
darkdetective27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 69

User Lists: 10

Because the Illuminati makes them like it. They put subliminal Satanic messages in it that prey on childrens minds and tells them they like it. Its all a part of a conspiracy to make children dumber and souless, so then the Illuminati will take over. They even cancelled YJ to make people think that the purpose of this show was to sell toys when its really an Illuminati conspiracy.

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_stegman: I know its not meant for education, and honestly I have no problem explaining to my kid that the things on the show aren't meant to be emulated, I just can't get past how poorly its executed, its just bad.

EyeDCyou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

It's bright, and it's intended for young children.

Heatblaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@eyedcyou said:

Hey, you're alive.

EyeDCyou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

@eyedcyou said:

Hey, you're alive.

You can't prove that.

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@eyedcyou said:

If anything that's more of a reason they shouldn't being doing episodes where the "heroes" are unrepentantly awful without consequences.

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 30

@joshmightbe: i see your point. As someone who likes the show I can dmit thinking everything you've thought about the show at one time or another though. Luckily I am grown and have plenty of alternatives that the squidgets might not..is he interested in Steven Universe at all? That's a fantastic show that could serve as a better alternative. We bare bears is pretty fun too.

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Incursion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Idk, we need more shows like Avatar, young justice, or spectacular spiderman

Avatar image for deactivated-5967bf6197d40
deactivated-5967bf6197d40

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Simple. It's fun.

Avatar image for elijah_c_washington
Elijah_C_Washington

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I know, right? Especially after that big eugenics scandal with the two head writers.

BlueHope

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By BlueHope

I believe TeenTitansGo attract young kids by being simple and preteens by being random.They like their shows the most simple and random possible. It don't teach any lesson and this is a bonus for them,kids don't like to learn about rules, the parents that choose shows with good morals for them to watch.

Avatar image for manwhohaseverything
Manwhohaseverything

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

To paraphrase Heath Ledger...why so serious? I like TTGO for what it is. The criticisms seem to be about what it isn't. The humor is self-depricating and not as mindless as folks say. My fav episode was when the "serious" Teen Titans showed up and chastised the TT for "not being serious enough" The next scene Robin is mulling around in the Tower. When asked what he's doing he replies "Mostly thinking about my dead parents." He later goes on to tell Cyborg that being 1/2 man 1/2 machine "should be tearing him apart." basically it was a parody of how overly serious cartoons have become. Now, granted, it's not as good as the old Looney Tunes (Then again, what is?) And look at how "awful" Road Runner, and Bugs were at times. Bugs not only didn't receive any consequences for blowing up Yosemite Sam or Elmer Fudd, he often got rewarded for it. In this genre especially (heroes, fantasy) we have enough shows about inner-turmoil and planet-threatening menaces. I think it's a relief to watch a show about heroes more concerned about wining a dodge ball game. (Which actually emulated pre-teens attitudes about sports/competitions accurately..in a spoof kind of way.)

Avatar image for linsanel_doctor
linsanel_Doctor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Maybe you're too old for kids stuff...

jumpstart55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#42  Edited By jumpstart55

I think its pretty funny. And Its just pretty much a laid back satirical and sarcastic Superhero couch sitcom comedy show with some dark humor not unlike the Tick from the 90s, in fact i see a whole bunch of similarities between the two. Your not supposed to get in depth storytelling from shows like this. And its funny how people like to blast cartoons from this generation as being lazy, yet if you asked any old timer who grew up as a kid during the 40s-60s about the cartoons of the 90s and early-mid 2000s they would of probably issued similar sentiments to the ones your saying now about how cartoons have become lazy and less classy(Ive heard first hand accounts of this). But truth be told cartoons haven't really changed you(people in general) just changed as a result of growing up and you probably rightfully so you hold onto to a bit of childhood nostalgia which sort of clouds your judgement about how good or bad the cartoons of today are or how good your childhood cartoons were, which is natural and expected. But come on Ren and Stempy was one of the most off the wall ridiculous cartoons ive ever seen and that came out in the so called golden age of cartoons.

panther21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i like it because its funny.

Manchine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

It is? I know for little kids 10 and younger its good for them but thats about it.

SpareHeadOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I like teen titans go. It's good for a laugh.

I just don't see why it has to be the teen titans. Could've been anyone and it wouldn't have made a difference at all.

ScouterV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why is reality television popular at the same time Dexter is on?

Because everything has an audience. It may not be you. But someone somewhere likes it.

I mean, I'm smart enough to realize that 90% of what they say on TTG isn't really the case. I'm also not anal enough to point out any inconsistencies with DC's greater universe. And thank Zod, I'm not nostalgic enough to care that these characters from the first series aren't the same.

So, that's why I watch.

black_wreath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 109

It's on when I get home and it's great show to unwind with. Light entertainment starring characters I already love - what a perfect way to relax after a hard day's work. I have a dark, irreverent sense of humour the show often features and have a good time explaining the easter eggs to my partner, the show piqued her interest with the group and has got her reading my old TT paperbacks.

It's not true to the source, so Fing what? Neither was the original series people are still hung up on from a decade ago, which was often just as silly but nowhere near as funny.

If you don't enjoy it for what it is, go find something else to do (preferably other than online whining) while it's on....

But the bottom line is: It's on, I like it, I watch it. I don't have to defend s**t!

Space_Coyote

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

I started to enjoy it once I got over the fact that it's a separate entity from the original series.

Plus occasionally they turn out gems like this:

Loading Video...

KCMinato

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By KCMinato

I guess it's cool if you don't compare it to the OG which is 1000 times better btw IMO . TTG is fun , light hearted and has many cool references that comic fans would get and enjoy . That's mainly the reason I gave it a chance and am actually growing to like it a little