Why is superman not hated ?

Avatar image for jjonahjamesonjr
#1 Posted by JJonahJamesonJr (23 posts) - - Show Bio

He is an incredibly boring Mary Sue character. He single handedly destroyed DCEU. He makes the entire team useless. He has done questionable things like kissing woman and wiping their memory.

I really think Superman would have been hated if he was a woman. What you guys think.

#2 Edited by MainJP (7577 posts) - - Show Bio
No Caption Provided

Nope. Way too early for this shit.

#3 Posted by Bayman007 (2888 posts) - - Show Bio

I disagree with everything you said.

Avatar image for theinsufferable
#4 Posted by TheInsufferable (3407 posts) - - Show Bio

I offer my apologies on behalf of everyone who doesn't hate Superman.

#5 Posted by JJonahJamesonJr (23 posts) - - Show Bio

I offer my apologies on behalf of everyone who doesn't hate Superman.

Apology is not gonna bring DCEU back.

Avatar image for theinsufferable
#6 Posted by TheInsufferable (3407 posts) - - Show Bio
#7 Posted by JJonahJamesonJr (23 posts) - - Show Bio

@jjonahjamesonjr: Congratulations, you're not even amusing anymore.

What is amusing about DCEU getting destroyed? Millions of fans who wanted to see their favorite heroes come to screen dream Shattered!

Avatar image for captain_narlowe
#8 Posted by Captain_Narlowe (289 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't think the comics are usually as badly written as Justice League in the DCEU was, or am i wrong?

#9 Posted by Nucleon (4180 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes, JL was just a big Superman wankage, in which he proceeded to steal each of his sidekicks' schticks.

The worse culprit wasn't the ressurection fight; Superman's superiority there was only apparent, since the rest of the JL tried to avoid fighting. But against Steppenwolf, Superman ridiculized not only Steppenwolf, but the rest of the JL and the ancient gods as well.

Superman's just an un-altered, misplaced alien; He shouldn't be more powerful than a Zeus or an Apollo the sun god - yet there he is. I just can't buy it - it's too absurd. Sorry.

Furthermore, I like Cavill but with the scenario's help he made Superman an arrogant, killing dick.

#10 Posted by JoshTaku (371 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman is, in general, a likeable character. He was meant to be the poster boy, the role model upon which all superheroes would be based upon. Yes, he at times seem 1 dimensional but it's always fun seeing him kick ass and saving the day. At least for me.

But if we're talking about DCEU superman, then you'll find the hate you're looking for. He was a shallow, disheveled, grotesque shell of his former comic self. If cavil would have just shown more emotion in his acting and if superman had been written and set to be a proactive and strong societal figure instead of a moppy, confused robot, then the DCEI superman films and JL would have been slightly better.

#11 Posted by SanoHibiki (3514 posts) - - Show Bio

Try harder, troll.

#12 Posted by SpareHeadOne (7550 posts) - - Show Bio

Because he is very nice

Avatar image for christianrapper
#13 Posted by christianrapper (6610 posts) - - Show Bio

Why is this a topic?

#14 Posted by JJonahJamesonJr (23 posts) - - Show Bio

@nucleon said:

Yes, JL was just a big Superman wankage, in which he proceeded to steal each of his sidekicks' schticks.

The worse culprit wasn't the ressurection fight; Superman's superiority there was only apparent, since the rest of the JL tried to avoid fighting. But against Steppenwolf, Superman ridiculized not only Steppenwolf, but the rest of the JL and the ancient gods as well.

Superman's just an un-altered, misplaced alien; He shouldn't be more powerful than a Zeus or an Apollo the sun god - yet there he is. I just can't buy it - it's too absurd. Sorry.

Furthermore, I like Cavill but with the scenario's help he made Superman an arrogant, killing dick.

Very good take!

#15 Posted by GGtinyPP (146 posts) - - Show Bio

bad bait

Avatar image for ready_4_madness
#16 Posted by Ready_4_Madness (18864 posts) - - Show Bio

Blame bad writing, not Superman.

Avatar image for detectivesomerset__
#17 Posted by DetectiveSomerset__ (1753 posts) - - Show Bio

I disagree with everything you said.

DCEU / Superman hater , blame writers not him. he is simply too iconic and good and MoS was amazing , so superman is not even close to be trash, looking at you ironman :)

#18 Posted by DetectiveSomerset__ (1753 posts) - - Show Bio
@nucleon said:

Says the DC Hater/lowballer

#19 Posted by Beyond_Dreams (229 posts) - - Show Bio

Because he was the first true superhero who inspired every single comic book writer to come.

Plus, I actually find Supermans lore very interesting.

#20 Posted by SpongeGar (248 posts) - - Show Bio
#21 Posted by Army2442 (3553 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman himself is great, just read a few of his stories like "for all seasons" and "all star" and you will get an impression on what a well written Superman is like.

It's a shame that we won't see him on the big screen for a while, here's hoping that we get something for the first super hero eventually.

I just find it sad that frickin Wolverine and Iron Man had way more impactful deaths that Superman, but alas that ship has already sailed.

#22 Posted by Nucleon (4180 posts) - - Show Bio

Because he was the first true superhero who inspired every single comic book writer to come.

That was Heracles, or even before that, Gilgamesh.

#23 Posted by Nucleon (4180 posts) - - Show Bio
@army2442 said:

Superman himself is great, just read a few of his stories like "for all seasons" and "all star" and you will get an impression on what a well written Superman is like.

It's a shame that we won't see him on the big screen for a while, here's hoping that we get something for the first super hero eventually.

I just find it sad that frickin Wolverine and Iron Man had way more impactful deaths that Superman, but alas that ship has already sailed.

Well, for one, both Iron Man and Wolverine had the decency to stay dead.

Avatar image for indomitableregal
#24 Posted by IndomitableRegal (17712 posts) - - Show Bio

Don't worry. I'm pretty sure I hate Superman enough for the whole Vine.

#25 Posted by DeathandGrim (4929 posts) - - Show Bio

need better bait

this one is too old

Avatar image for firestarlord73194
#26 Posted by FireStarLord73194 (5796 posts) - - Show Bio

If your argument is for the DCeU superman, blame Warner Bros. Comic Superman is good maybe read some back issues

#27 Posted by ByondEon (3003 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman have been a Mary Sue since 1938..

#28 Posted by StormShadow_X (17531 posts) - - Show Bio

It's crazy how people still don't know what a Mary Sue is and just throw it around.

Avatar image for supermanfan1938
#29 Posted by Supermanfan1938 (1125 posts) - - Show Bio

Yawn...

#30 Posted by Magian (153183 posts) - - Show Bio

Pretty sure he does get his fair share of hate...

#31 Posted by BullPR (6226 posts) - - Show Bio

DCEU Superman was badly written

That's it.

#33 Posted by Darkthunder (3787 posts) - - Show Bio

Jameson is now trying to defame superman

#34 Posted by Boby501 (575 posts) - - Show Bio

Woman?? WTF are you talking about

#35 Posted by Beyond_Dreams (229 posts) - - Show Bio

@nucleon said:
@beyond_dreams said:

You can ask any of the big writers (Who are mostly dead now) where they got their inspiration from...

#36 Edited by Nucleon (4180 posts) - - Show Bio

@beyond_dreams said:
@nucleon said:
@beyond_dreams said:

You can ask any of the big writers (Who are mostly dead now) where they got their inspiration from...

Classical mythology. These 1920-30 guys, they had classical courses, they learned Latin and grecian legends at school. Just look at Cap Marvel ("Shazam") and Wonder Woman's origins... It's quite obvious.

#37 Posted by DetectiveSomerset__ (1753 posts) - - Show Bio

@nucleon: Superman lowball again?

“Superhero’s” “Superman” , these guys are not even close to being iconic and influential like Superman. But I get you will downplay everything DC Does

#38 Posted by Michaelbn (3103 posts) - - Show Bio

toby alt.

Avatar image for supermanforever
#39 Posted by Supermanforever (9829 posts) - - Show Bio

@jjonahjamesonjr:

He is an incredibly boring Mary Sue character.

People who says superman is boring have not read anything about superman any way and he is far from marry sue which further proves my first point. He is actually very complex and interesting character and has incredible comic book fights and aswell as some of the best storylines.

He single handedly destroyed DCEU.

He fought cyborg who is out of the superman caliber, flash who is still very young and does not master his powers. Wonder woman who is not really his caliber in movies or comics and aquaman who falls even shorter. Then we got batman.

Also this is nothing new, superman has shown superiority to JL members trough out the years both in comics and outside.

He makes the entire team useless.

Superman is the main powerhouse of the justice league and has been established that way for many years. The rest of teams have their own parts to play. Batman is the brains, cyborg is the tecnology, flash has his parts and done things no one else can do.

He has done questionable things like kissing woman and wiping their memory.

this is silver age. who cares what happened 5 decades ago.

I really think Superman would have been hated if he was a woman. What you guys think.

I think you are just a guy who does not know superman well enough and hate the character for no reason or probably he beaten your favorite character.

#41 Edited by Nucleon (4180 posts) - - Show Bio

@supermanforever: People who says superman is boring have not read anything about superman any way and he is far from marry sue which further proves my first point. He is actually very complex and interesting character and has incredible comic book fights and aswell as some of the best storylines.

No, Superman isn't "complex and interesting"; He's typical boy scout/white hat who couldn't be whiter or pale, so that most people can relate or identify to him. IMO, the only time Superman is any interesting is when he is despicted as a self-righteous dick.

Superman is the main powerhouse of the justice league and has been established that way for many years. The rest of teams have their own parts to play. Batman is the brains, cyborg is the tecnology, flash has his parts and done things no one else can do.

Not always. In the acclaimed JL Animated, the JL's hardest hit was that of Hawkgirl and her mace. In the DCEU, that role seem to have been filled by WW and her sword.

Avatar image for supermanforever
#42 Posted by Supermanforever (9829 posts) - - Show Bio

No, Superman isn't "complex and interesting"; He's typical boy scout/white hat who couldn't be whiter or pale, so that most people can relate or identify to him. IMO, the only time Superman is any interesting is when he is despicted as a self-righteous dick.

Fantastic proves you dont know shit about superman, probably never read a single comic. But this is nothing new.

Not always. In the acclaimed JL Animated, the JL's hardest hit was that of Hawkgirl and her mace. In the DCEU, that role seem to have been filled by WW and her sword.

You are saying hawgirls mace hits harder than dcau superman? Pathetic. but couldnt expect better from you anyway.