Why is people bothered by changes made to MCU Captain Marvel?

lowballedHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

"Marvel/MCU doesn't have any good female heroes. All of the only good Marvel females are with the X-MEN, FF or Spiderverse."

How often have we heard comments like this. Not absolute but IMO there is truth to comments like that. Outside of the Xverse, FF or maybe the Spiderverse admittedly there isn't really a lot of Marvels I liked back in the day. The most important Avengers chick IMO is probably Scarlett Witch. But....I never really liked her. She was good for story but carry a film...no. Never was really a fan of her or BW until the MCU came out. Then of course there's Captain Marvel. Did I care ANYTHING for CM back when? Not even a little.

So is there really any wonder Marvel is reinventing CM a bit. I'm willing to bet my left nut 90% of the people complaining about changes made to her are the same ones who said for years all Marvel's best wemon belonged to other studios. It's really kinda what Marvel just had to do.

It's like how often do we here comments like "Marvel had no a-listers when they started the MCU." If one can argue Iron man or Thor was b-list where does that leave Avenger wemon?! CM, BW and Scarlett Witch were arguably c-d-list at best. Marvel is doing the best with what they had. It's ashamed so many fake fans are acting fake butthurt over characters they never really cared much for in the first place.

The simple fact Marvel is about to make a c-list female the biggest ever is just epic. I can't wait to see where Marvel goes with CM for years to come. Because Carol is going nowhere after this MCU reinvention.

BruceVeidt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Another alt already? It's barely been a day.

No Caption Provided

lowballedHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By lowballedHero

One more thing to say about the fake butthurt. Her first run lasted two years ending in 1979. 1979!! 20 years later she got rebooted in 2006. Captain Marvel took a dang near 20 year hiatus!! I've never heard not even once that anyone missed her solo's or thought that was BS her not having a run for so long. Not only that but Marvel took a dump on her. Had her raped by her future son. It was so bad what Marvel did to her there was a whole movement on it called the Raping of Ms. Marvel where women protested against gender discrimination in entertainment using Ms. Marvel as the basis. Later she comes back as a alcoholic. Marvel crapping on her even further. I've never heard a single person upset by her treatment or wanting Marvel to reboot her.

CM was dead in the water. Not a single person caring. Soon as Marvel brings her out of retirement with the soul purpose of reinventing her or should I say finishing what they started fake fans start acting like Marvel is raping their childhood for simply trying to fix a dead character. And yep that was the only reason Marvel brought her out of retirement. Way back in 2006 Marvel was already in the development phase of the new Marvel Studios since 2004. They brought back Ms. Marvel because they knew all the popular females were with other studios. When they rebranded her as Captain Marvel later it was all in preparation for the MCU.

FaradaySloth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By FaradaySloth

No Caption Provided

Beyonder97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bruceveidt said:

No Caption Provided

Two alts in 24h dude is blowing my expectations

BruceVeidt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Beyonder97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

FaradaySloth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By FaradaySloth

CaptainSalt vs Comicvine

Top 10 Comics Fights of all time.

BruceVeidt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

CaptainSalt vs Comicvine

Top 10 most brutal anime fights

Avatar image for plotweapon16255
plotweapon16255

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By plotweapon16255

Inb4 locked

Gokluma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

This guy is the real captain marvel

BruceVeidt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gokluma: INB4 he calls you a delussional dc fanboy

Gokluma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bruceveidt: Of course and at least Billy Batson even at his worst doesn't kidnap/arrest people like carol & her inhuman sidekick did.

BruceVeidt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gokluma said:

@bruceveidt: Of course and at least Billy Batson even at his worst doesn't kidnap/arrest people like carol & her inhuman sidekick did.

Well said

Gokluma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Gokluma

@bruceveidt: Yup and i never understood why captain salt never talks about any other female characters from fiction aside from carol all the time.

BruceVeidt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gokluma said:

@bruceveidt: Yup and i never understood why captain salt never talks about any other female characters from fiction aside from carol all the time.

He's just obssessed

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gokluma said:

Well said

Kingdom come was worse

Gokluma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kgb725: But at least Billy has the excuse of being mind controlled while carol is just insane for a random kid with future vision.

Beyonder97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@faradaysloth said:

CaptainSalt vs Comicvine

Top 10 most brutal anime fights

Top 10 one man army

Shinne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Can anyone tell me why people make fun of this user/CaptainSalt? I don't get it :o

jashugan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@lan_fan: constant Marvel fanboyism and a large amount of alt accounts to push his childish and stupid agenda while being against anything DC and anyone that isn't in love with Marvel as he is.

BruceVeidt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lan_fan said:

Can anyone tell me why people make fun of this user/CaptainSalt? I don't get it :o

He has who-knows-how many alts, all just to trash anything DC and push his obssession with Marvel and Captain Marvel.

Anyone who disagrees is a delussional DC fanboy.

He will get every alt to about 400 posts and then ditch it completely and start anew. This one was made in less than 24h after making the previous one, because we spoted him very easily.

He will always make the same arguments, like:

-"Marvel has sold more comics for 60+ years"

-"Marvel is unstoppable"

-"DC's iconic heroes are trash"

And anything along those lines is what gives him away.

Shinne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

BruceVeidt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

deathstroke512

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The many alts of Captain salt.He deserves a respect thread.

MainJP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I is bothered by this terrible thread.

IchiNiSanji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My only fear is that they give her Monica rambeau's powers in the MCU.

I hope that doesn't happen because it would shit on a neglected black female hero who's a great character.

If they want to make her strong, make her binary and write her like so. Binary was written as a character with the power of a white-hole, but was rarely written that way.

JuJuCrunk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By JuJuCrunk

@mainjp: lol why?

Also Marvel is just to popular now. CM is lead AVENGERS female. DC fanboys just hate the Avengers being ahead of the JL. So she'll catch plenty of fake hate for the time being.

It's just what they do.

BruceVeidt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mainjp: lol why?

Also Marvel is just to popular now. CM is lead AVENGERS female. DC fanboys just hate the Avengers being ahead of the JL. So she'll catch plenty of fake hate for the time being.

It's just what they do.

Oh, back to this alt then?

Mkay

Avatar image for fullmetalemprah
FullMetalEmprah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just stick with JuJuCrunk, everyone knows it's you CaptainSalt. And for the record Shazam is the better Captain Marvel, and it isn't a close contest.

ZackAttack14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lowballedhero: Good post. I always felt like she had a ton of potential and enjoyed her in new and mighty avengers. Even in Ewing's Ultimates she was good until CW2 came along and dumped all over her again making her unlikable all over again.

BruceVeidt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By BruceVeidt

Just stick with JuJuCrunk, everyone knows it's you CaptainSalt. And for the record Shazam is the better Captain Marvel, and it isn't a close contest.

Green_Tea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

JuJuCrunk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

One more thing to say about the fake butthurt. Her first run lasted two years ending in 1979. 1979!! 20 years later she got rebooted in 2006. Captain Marvel took a dang near 20 year hiatus!! I've never heard not even once that anyone missed her solo's or thought that was BS her not having a run for so long. Not only that but Marvel took a dump on her. Had her raped by her future son. It was so bad what Marvel did to her there was a whole movement on it called the Raping of Ms. Marvel where women protested against gender discrimination in entertainment using Ms. Marvel as the basis. Later she comes back as a alcoholic. Marvel crapping on her even further. I've never heard a single person upset by her treatment or wanting Marvel to reboot her.

CM was dead in the water. Not a single person caring. Soon as Marvel brings her out of retirement with the soul purpose of reinventing her or should I say finishing what they started fake fans start acting like Marvel is raping their childhood for simply trying to fix a dead character. And yep that was the only reason Marvel brought her out of retirement. Way back in 2006 Marvel was already in the development phase of the new Marvel Studios since 2004. They brought back Ms. Marvel because they knew all the popular females were with other studios. When they rebranded her as Captain Marvel later it was all in preparation for the MCU.

this

Gaoron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fullmetalemprah said:

MCU is gonna change that.

Shaladue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lol no one was crying about good female hero but feminists so a very minor minority

BruceVeidt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lowballedhero said:

this

lol that ain't fooling anyone, you're just quoting yourself

BruceVeidt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gaoron said:
@bruceveidt said:
@fullmetalemprah said:

Unless they also change what she's like in the comics, it's not happening.

Gaoron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gaoron said:
@bruceveidt said:
@fullmetalemprah said:

They probably will, they chnaged Thanos from straight up villain to an antagonist with somewhat of a justified actions and they made Iron Man, a character which not many people cared about into one of the most likeable characters in Marvel. I have high hopes for her.

BruceVeidt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gaoron said:
@bruceveidt said:
@gaoron said:
@bruceveidt said:
@fullmetalemprah said:

They probably will, they chnaged Thanos from straight up villain to an antagonist with somewhat of a justified actions and they made Iron Man, a character which not many people cared about into one of the most likeable characters in Marvel. I have high hopes for her.

If they make CM not a SJW psycopath feminist in the comics, then yeah.

Frankly, i can see her being the same way in the movie.

BruceVeidt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

SpiceDog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Looking forward to Fresh Start CM #1 next week. I think the origin retelling will give clues to her new MCU origin

huthimamwa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By huthimamwa

3 (possibly 4) different alts in one thread?? Impressive.

BruceVeidt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By BruceVeidt

@huthimamwa said:

Maybe even 5, the one above you looks like him

Edit: You're taking that one into account, got it.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c8fd6cb3e4f4
deactivated-5c8fd6cb3e4f4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

BruceVeidt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just checked. @spicedog is deffinately Cap. Salt.

So, the updated list goes as follows:

• SpiceDog
  • Lowballedhero
  • GodBluth
  • JuJuCrunk
  • CharlieChampion
  • Generalbeastgod
  • CaptainSalt

3 were made in the span of less than a week. Quite ridiculous.