Why is if there a female superhero rising up people will worried it will become feminist or SJW movies?

CCThor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll Why is if there a female superhero rising up people will worried it will become feminist or SJW movies? (19 votes)

Because their intentions for showing female is stroger than male is BS. 16%
Because superhero should never be a female, not because it's bad but a male hero is always far more entertain. 0%
Because nowadays people are always over react to everything and easily feel offended.. 53%
Because if it was real then it definite will ruins this movie. 21%
Other opinions. 11%
 • 
Aros001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

There are some examples I'm sure people can point to in comics and movies where the creators went overboard with the strong female character and made her too much for publicity and praise vs. being an actual character. But I wouldn't say it's been enough times to where people should be worrying about it happening every time.

Honestly I think the main issue is there are a lot of writers out there whom are not used to writing a female character as the main lead and can go a little overboard with trying to make them good. I think that's why people are excited we're getting more female directors in CBMs. They're more likely to present the character as just a character vs. as the female character, if that makes any sense.

CCThor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By CCThor

@aros001:

What do you think about some people just don't like female superhero being stronger than male?

krisbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3 krisbishop  Moderator
  1. Feminist-agenda movies tend to have stupid plots that downplay male characters just for the sake of "female empowerment", or just have too much publicity about "women women power power strong strong"
  2. But people also overreact a lot of the times and get easily offended
  3. If people don't like a female comic book character being absurdly strong, it's usually because she was never meant to be that strong (in proportion to others) in the source material
cocacolaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 cocacolaman  Moderator

Because I'd rather watch a movie about an actual good character with sensible power, like HP Witches, Percy Jackson Femigods, MCU Black Widow, DCEU Wonder Woman, etc. than see a character whose sole thing is "women are strong!!!!!111!11!1!!!!11" with a completely bonkers power level, like MCU Captain Marvel or Rey.

They should fit well in their verse. DCEU Wonder Woman, for example, does this by fighting on par with guys like Doomsday and Steppenwolf, and only really losing to an angry Superman, who we've already seen do ridiculous things in MoS and BvS to cement his godliness. Harry Potter witches are always as strong as they should be. In fact, outside of the Big 3 and Credence, Bellatrix is arguably the strongest HP character.

On the other hand, MCU Captain Marvel came out of basically nowhere, just ONE MONTH before Avengers: Endgame. Then, she gets a PL that makes sense (The Tesseract powered her) but then the writers use this as an excuse for her to come in and beat on the "Strongest Being in the Universe" while he has the gosh dang Infinity Gauntlet on, which some of our OG strongest guys like Thor, Hulk, and Strange failed miserably in doing outside of Stormbreaker, the ONE reasonably stronger thing than Carol outside of the Stones. Bringing in a really strong character from nowhere just to have us watch the bad guy lose is bad story telling, and was the downfall of the biggest movie this century.

So, if a female character feels "natural," for lack of a better word, then I'd be fine. But if the idea of the character seems forced to the "Women are stronk" stereotype that has ruined many character when applied improperly, then I wouldn't like it.

killbilly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By killbilly  Moderator

These polls are extremely biased... The reason is that if a movie's sole reason for depicting a woman as strong is for "empowerment" or to pander to a certain political mindset it's manipulative.

A good example of media with strong women in them that wasn't done for the sake of pandering more recently is "Alita: Battle Angel." That was a great movie because of a solid story and great cinematography, NOT because Alita was "strong" or "powerful." There are plenty of examples of female characters in fiction that are powerful simply because that's who they are in their story, the difference is, that's not their defining trait.

Hollywood should be adapting THOSE stories if they want media that has "powerful women." Though honestly, I don't think that the point of a character should revolve around them being "powerful" unless you're going to use that aspect as a theme in your story ( as with Superman ).

Jgames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By Jgames

@killbilly:CCThor polls are all like that with it being very one-sided and very bias. Like all the gay thread will only have like two or one option saying its okay and the rest being very terrible opinion, or a bunch of horrible option with like two or one reasonable option that is somehow meant to prove people do not accept gays or something, and there the child murderer or child molestor poll. The point is he just weird and depressing.

death4bunnies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 death4bunnies  Moderator

Because Incels are very vocal on the interweb,

killbilly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 killbilly  Moderator

@jgames: I think he's just trying to manipulate public thoughts. He's just doing it very badly/obviously.

Avatar image for deactivated-5deda96fc6dfd
deactivated-5deda96fc6dfd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@killbilly: I recommend Twilight since you loved Alita. The lovers in the movie may have chemistry than whatever the f##k was happening between leads in Alita. Also Alita flopped. Their is not going to be a sequel any time soon.

And Pandering movies were all insanely successful

Also Superman sucks and have flopped for decades

Avatar image for deactivated-5deda96fc6dfd
deactivated-5deda96fc6dfd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Because I'd rather watch a movie about an actual good character with sensible power, like HP Witches, Percy Jackson Femigods, MCU Black Widow, DCEU Wonder Woman, etc. than see a character whose sole thing is "women are strong!!!!!111!11!1!!!!11" with a completely bonkers power level, like MCU Captain Marvel or Rey.

They should fit well in their verse. DCEU Wonder Woman, for example, does this by fighting on par with guys like Doomsday and Steppenwolf, and only really losing to an angry Superman, who we've already seen do ridiculous things in MoS and BvS to cement his godliness. Harry Potter witches are always as strong as they should be. In fact, outside of the Big 3 and Credence, Bellatrix is arguably the strongest HP character.

On the other hand, MCU Captain Marvel came out of basically nowhere, just ONE MONTH before Avengers: Endgame. Then, she gets a PL that makes sense (The Tesseract powered her) but then the writers use this as an excuse for her to come in and beat on the "Strongest Being in the Universe" while he has the gosh dang Infinity Gauntlet on, which some of our OG strongest guys like Thor, Hulk, and Strange failed miserably in doing outside of Stormbreaker, the ONE reasonably stronger thing than Carol outside of the Stones. Bringing in a really strong character from nowhere just to have us watch the bad guy lose is bad story telling, and was the downfall of the biggest movie this century.

So, if a female character feels "natural," for lack of a better word, then I'd be fine. But if the idea of the character seems forced to the "Women are stronk" stereotype that has ruined many character when applied improperly, then I wouldn't like it.

I don't even understand what you are saying. Also what you said never happened in Endagame.

Richubs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Richubs

Only idiots dislike things before we get a hint of what is about to come.

No one was worried about WW or Alita. And they were right about not being worried. The side male characters were treated with respect like the female characters and the movies had a likeable good protagonist who wasn't shown to be unbeatable or godlike just because the protagonist is a woman. It was done well.

Now if we get explicit marketing and talks from the movie crew about how a character is super awesome and a great superhero etc etc but nothing to show for it with tons of talk about how this character is literally designed to empower women instead of focusing on being a great character and a great movie it does take something away from the movie. You can tell while watching the movie they aren't trying to be fun. It no longer feels like we are watching a movie trying to be good but instead a movie with a not so subtle agenda. If a movie shows that a character is powerful because its a woman then it feels stupid and forced.

Captian Marvel had some of these problems. Nick Fury wasn't really treated with full disrespect and Talos was honestly more fun than Carol but the marketing and aura around the movie was so toxic that it felt weird whenever you watched an interview with the crew. On top of that even after the character didn't get a very good reception they still have her go ahead and straight up take Thanos on with no issues. The biggest bad in the MCU has to resort to cheating in order to take her out. You have to earn things like that and to do so you have to be developed first.

That's why people are worried whenever a female character is introduced in the MCU. I think it might be a one off, but it seemed like they expected us to like Carol just because she's a female superhero. I doubt Jane Foster Thor will be anything like that. It's Natalie Portman and Taoka Waititi at the reigns.

RabumAlal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

People who spend their entire time complaining about the ‘SJW’ are morons that’s why.

Jgames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#13  Edited By Jgames

Also the internet is an echo chamber where the minority of a minority voices get together to sound bigger than what they really are. Its how anti-vaxx get their feeling justified by getting together with other misinformed people. Most people do not give a crap about what happen behind the scene of a movie or the politics. Anti-SJW did not help bomb the reboot Ghostbuster, nor did SJW help Captain Marvel make a billion dollars. Most watch movie to have fun, not to complain about feats, politics, or whatever. It might seem that way in the internet, but the internet does not always reflect the real world.

killbilly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By killbilly  Moderator

@tobymaguire2 said:

@killbilly: I recommend Twilight since you loved Alita. The lovers in the movie may have chemistry than whatever the f##k was happening between leads in Alita. Also Alita flopped. Their is not going to be a sequel any time soon.

I don't think I ever commented on the quality ( or lack thereof ) of the romance so I'm not sure why you're bring that up. Also I never said that I "loved Alita" so please stop attempting to put words in my mouth.

@tobymaguire2 said:

@killbilly: And Pandering movies were all insanely successful

So were the Bay Transformer movies and those were critically panned by both audiences and reviewers alike.

@tobymaguire2 said:

@killbilly: Also Superman sucks and have flopped for decades

Again, box office success has nothing to do with the point I brought, though I should point out that most Superman movies in the last few decades don't turns his power into a relevant plot element in their movie. Or, when they do, the movie has other issues that hold it back in terms of quality.

ThadTheChad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By ThadTheChad

It's cuz I don't want to see a women act and dress like a dude. That's gay. I want to see a sexy super female hero chick with some nice firm tits and ass. I want her to be flirty and graceful so that I can jerk-off to her when I need to. Or if the chick is meh, I want to see her feminine side more. I just want a hot female superhero chick that kicks the bad guys ass, while taking the help of other if needed and being a real women.