Why is criticism or protest against the cast chosen in a comic film considered racist?

Blueshoecant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll Why is criticism or protest against the cast chosen in a comic film considered racist? (6 votes)

Because now, it became a common culture nowadays 17%
Some people are hypocritical 50%
They should stick/respect to the source material 33%

In both comics and films, portrayals will shift with regard to various factors. I am not a purist so I usually don't care if they change the sex of the character even. I just want to know why the depiction of nationalities is done with lazy inaccuracy.

I was very happy when Disney brought Spidey to the MCU and hoped to see a better version of MJ than Kirsten Dunst, but in the end..

Again at The Batman I think Eiza Gonzalez or Haley Bennett will take on the role of Selina Kyle ..

There are many better actresses in acting skills and more accurate comic versions out there. but why continue to choose poorly?

And i want to know what those who are always shouting racists say when Black Panther or Falcon are turned into White /Asian actors?

• 
phisigmatau

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

As a blk person i think its stupid

Its usually ppl not invested in these characters that get all angry

I think its a slap in the face when they turn a character from any race or background to black "to help diversity".

We dont need your help. Just make good interesting black characters and im good. Its possible

Storm

Bishop

Killmonger

Miles

Prowler

Spawn

Blade

List goes on

A million white characters have tried and failed

Its prolly gonna be the same for minorities too. Just keep creating the new characters and see what sticks its not that hard.

Avatar image for thespartanb345t
TheSpartanB345T

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By TheSpartanB345T

What the hell are the poll options

darkonast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

For one MJ isnt mary jane ( whixh mcu has stated MULTIPLE times) & Catwoman .... I guess you forgot one of her most popular live-action portrayals is black

But anyway , protest over characters is alot of times racist .... especially when its a character whose backstory isnt tied to their ethnic background , I mean hell people were mad when Hawkgirl was displayed as black in live-action even though egyptians are black, certain characters like batman, superman , black panther , etc. are essentially immune from race changing due to the fact their characters are tied to them HEAVILY but a character like nick fury (who fun fact was white for YEARS) or valkyrie or even wondergirl (would be fun to see one of them black) can easily have characteristics changed because their backstories and history leave them open to change

And I know alot of people continue to say “just make more ethnically diverse characters” but keep forgetting how hard it is to market them & make companies actually want to use them , think of it like this , when DC absorbed Milestone comics & gain rights to their characters...... they didnt use them , after the show Static Shock we never saw milestone used ever again until Young Justice gave us 2 episodes of Icon & a season and some change worth of Rocket , people forget Icon is almost as powerful as superman , but because DC doesnt want to use them, he has been a forgotten gem in the comics , sometimes the only way to promote diversity is by changing ethnic backgrounds or sexuality for established characters so people can finally take notice