Why is 616 Thor weaker than MCU Thor?

• 99 results
Jojo1001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

“You already posted recently” man this website is fuming garbage trash. Worse than vsbattles and marutoforums combined. Wow no wonder why even amino apps and vsbattles are more popular than this garbage website

rajjarsalt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jojo1001 said:

“You already posted recently” man this website is fuming garbage trash. Worse than vsbattles and marutoforums combined. Wow no wonder why even amino apps and vsbattles are more popular than this garbage website

???

Avatar image for deactivated-60e9d095c91dd
deactivated-60e9d095c91dd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ImpossibleImpy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

New Thor is weaker

https://comicvine1.cbsistatic.com/uploads/scale_super/11121/111216019/4655829-4481041-blackpanther08p12.jpg

616 Thor is weak as hell

Classic Thor seemed like he had OdinForce feats

takenstew22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 takenstew22  Moderator
Whathappened

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rajjarsalt: I think people should stop wanking Thor and look at his consistent record. He's always been barely above street-tier, and yet people think anime characters wouldn't oneshot him. Even Batman could wreck him.

SheevSmacker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

fax

Karkus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#63  Edited By Karkus

test

SirDragonFly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Karkus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By Karkus

bump

beatboks1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

#67  Edited By beatboks1
@rajjarsalt said:

2 vs 25

Mcu Thor has appeared in 8 movies

616 Thor has appeared in over 7700 comics.

2/8 = 0.25

25/7700= 0.0032467532

Those 2 from the MCU are actually 0.01299% of the 25 of 616. He would have to have over 1925 low showings in the MCU for the 616 Thor to be weaker than MCU due to those two showings alone.

So go ahead show Mr 1926 616 low showings for Thor

Avatar image for imperialbuttlicker
imperialbuttlicker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@akz: why do you keep falling for rajjars bait?

Darkthunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@datstupidguy said:
@redguard1an said:

Thing is old comics are extremely grounded. Wolverine was capable of dying by getting his spine broken in them and Silver Surfer was beaten up by a group of Mexicans.

Scans pls

No Caption Provided

and I thought jobberseid being mugged was funny

heiqn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#72  Edited By heiqn

Raj, Do you also think 616 Thor is below MCU Thanos due to scaling? Just asking.

goldeneagle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By goldeneagle

This is why I do not debate comics besides abstracts. LOL

You can have Thor choking on some string cheese one minute, then shaking the multiverse the next.

nassergrant19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#74  Edited By nassergrant19

@akz said:
@beatboks1 said:
@rajjarsalt said:

2 vs 25

2/8 = 0.25

25/7700= 0.0032467532

Those 2 actually are from the MCU are 0.01299% of the 25 of 616. He would have to have over 1925 low showings in the MCU for the 616 Thor to be weaker than MCU due to those two showings alone.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

bubline

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By bubline
@nassergrant19 said:
@akz said:
@beatboks1 said:
@rajjarsalt said:

2 vs 25

2/8 = 0.25

25/7700= 0.0032467532

Those 2 actually are from the MCU are 0.01299% of the 25 of 616. He would have to have over 1925 low showings in the MCU for the 616 Thor to be weaker than MCU due to those two showings alone.

He has to show nearly 2000 low ends to compare with 2? That's crazy talk.

Feats aren't evaluated by appearances - they're compared to anti-feats via ratio - comic debaters are really something else

Avatar image for thespartanb345t
TheSpartanB345T

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Rajverse still stomps.

takenstew22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By takenstew22  Moderator

I'm glad that my 2 low showings for MCU Thor are popular in this thread lol.

But if we wanna make it more fair for 616:

No Caption Provided
Lilbroomstick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

No Caption Provided

What makes that a low-showing

bubline

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@takenstew22 said:

No Caption Provided

This

Looks as about as impressive as any Thor vs Ultron clash

BoutaTakeAnL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

616 still curbs...

takenstew22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 takenstew22  Moderator

@bubline said:
@lilbroomstick said:
@takenstew22 said:

No Caption Provided

This

Yeah that concrete pillar must've had some pretty impressive AP if I do say so myself.

bubline

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By bubline
@takenstew22 said:
@bubline said:
@lilbroomstick said:
@takenstew22 said:

No Caption Provided

This

Yeah that concrete pillar must've had some pretty impressive AP if I do say so myself.

`as much AP as Ultron ever did

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
takenstew22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By takenstew22  Moderator

@bubline: Comparing MCU Thor getting stunned from a pillar to 616 Thor getting hit by Ultron's beams directly isn't really saying much and if it was an attempt at bait I'd say that fell pretty short. It's much better than what I just showed so I don't see the point in showing that other than reminding me how strong 616 Ultron is.

MCU Ultron's punches weren't the reason I posted that gif.

bubline

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By bubline
@takenstew22 said:

@bubline: This is obviously bait but comparing MCU Thor getting stunned from a pillar to 616 Thor getting hit by Ultron's beams directly isn't really saying much. It's much better than what I just showed so I don't see the point in showing that other than reminding me how strong 616 Ultron is.

Ultron and Thor are clashing with physicals and energy, even with extra factors like Vision's contribution and Scarlet Witch amping Ultron, and the floors/walls/wires in contact with them are strong enough to withstand their unleashed power

With respect to that, launching the pillar is out of their league

takenstew22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By takenstew22  Moderator
@bubline said:

Ultron and Thor are clashing with physicals and energy, even with extra factors like Vision's contribution and Scarlet Witch amping Ultron, and the floors/walls/wires in contact with them are strong enough to withstand their unleashed power

Again.

I know the environment is not gonna be destroyed everytime people clash with each other. I wasn't using that to lowball MCU Thor in this instance. I don't use that argument in general.

bubline

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bubline said:

Again.

I know the environment is not gonna be destroyed everytime people clash with each other. I wasn't using that to lowball MCU Thor in this instance. I don't use that argument in general.

But the pillar was part of the destroyed environment in their battle - so you are using it to lowball him.

In what world is failing to damage the environment excusable while damaging the environment and using said destruction against your opponents is not? 616 maybe?

takenstew22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By takenstew22  Moderator

@bubline: They're not using the environment as weapons to hit each other in the scans you showed. Your analogy is bad is what I was saying lol.

bubline

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By bubline

@bubline: They're not using the environment as weapons to hit each other in the scans you showed. You're analogy is bad is what I was saying lol.

Well Thor is driving Ultron against the wall, Ultron is using those wires to fight them, so unless you scale them to be impressive because it is Ultron doing it, the argument applies the same way Ultron hurling a rock at Thor with telekinesis does.

But if you do scale - then Ultron throwing something can be scaled as well

PaleBlood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

lmao

Futureisbest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Both have terrible outliers tbh

Avatar image for deactivated-6349385499256
deactivated-6349385499256

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

even MCU Thor > Cosmic Thor

at least MCU Thor wasn't getting affected by falling rocks that much.

beatboks1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bubline said:
@nassergrant19 said:
@akz said:
@beatboks1 said:
@rajjarsalt said:

2 vs 25

2/8 = 0.25

25/7700= 0.0032467532

Feats aren't evaluated by appearances - they're compared to anti-feats via ratio - comic debaters are really something else

but that is exactly my point. comic book Thor has thousands of high end feats to MCCU Thor's dozens. 25 low showings in comics vs 1000s of high end showings is a low ratio. we balance feats out. Movie Thor for example has zero feats of god blast, zero feats of super storm etc etc. There are many thousands of feats that comic book Thor has that are vastly above anything that MCU Thor has shown. The fact is since Comic Thor has feats like lifting midgard serpent which are hundreds of times greater than anything MCU Thor has shown his low end showings are comparatively of little consequence since a a scaling of his high end feats against those of MCU amd the vastly greater quantity shifts the average of high end feats massively greater.

MCU Thor scales to be even or just below Hulk in strength based showings, yet in Avengers Hulk plus Namor fought together vs Thor in a tug of war and couldn't prevail. 616 Hulk has vastly greater shownigs than MCU Hulk (for one thing he wouldn't be pimp smacked by Thanos)

Show me a single feat of MCU Thor that equals the blows of Thor on Gor shattering a world near him

https://imgur.com/a/tW9eybD

or shatter a small planet

https://i.imgur.com/finqt7b.jpg

How about withstanding the weight of a "score of planets"

https://imgur.com/a/XzEA9Jn

Has MCU Thors arm wresttlting ever caused earth to leave its orbit??

https://i.imgur.com/rxOnVVd.jpg

with god blast open a fissure in reality trapping immortal entities outside time

https://imgur.com/a/YmE2aSa

or staggered Galactus

https://imgur.com/a/ACXPmlk

616 Thor has feats so vastly above anything MCU Thor has shown. He has many hundreds to thousands of said feats. His low showings by comparison are insignificant. Mentioning his low show showings when there are all these vastly greater high showings for comparison is foolish, but I can scan dump all day long to show many many more high end feats of 616 Thor that are vastly above those of MCU if you really want me to. I do after all have almost 8000 appearances to draw from

rajjarsalt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93  Edited By rajjarsalt
@beatboks1 said:
@bubline said:
@nassergrant19 said:
@akz said:
@beatboks1 said:
@rajjarsalt said:

2 vs 25

2/8 = 0.25

25/7700= 0.0032467532

but that is exactly my point. comic book Thor has thousands of high end feats to MCCU Thor's dozens. 25 low showings in comics vs 1000s of high end showings is a low ratio. we balance feats out. Movie Thor for example has zero feats of god blast, zero feats of super storm etc etc. There are many thousands of feats that comic book Thor has that are vastly above anything that MCU Thor has shown. The fact is since Comic Thor has feats like lifting midgard serpent which are hundreds of times greater than anything MCU Thor has shown his low end showings are comparatively of little consequence since a a scaling of his high end feats against those of MCU amd the vastly greater quantity shifts the average of high end feats massively greater.

MCU Thor scales to be even or just below Hulk in strength based showings, yet in Avengers Hulk plus Namor fought together vs Thor in a tug of war and couldn't prevail. 616 Hulk has vastly greater shownigs than MCU Hulk (for one thing he wouldn't be pimp smacked by Thanos)

Show me a single feat of MCU Thor that equals the blows of Thor on Gor shattering a world near him

https://imgur.com/a/tW9eybD

or shatter a small planet

https://i.imgur.com/finqt7b.jpg

How about withstanding the weight of a "score of planets"

https://imgur.com/a/XzEA9Jn

Has MCU Thors arm wresttlting ever caused earth to leave its orbit??

https://i.imgur.com/rxOnVVd.jpg

with god blast open a fissure in reality trapping immortal entities outside time

https://imgur.com/a/YmE2aSa

or staggered Galactus

https://imgur.com/a/ACXPmlk

616 Thor has feats so vastly above anything MCU Thor has shown. He has many hundreds to thousands of said feats. His low showings by comparison are insignificant. Mentioning his low show showings when there are all these vastly greater high showings for comparison is foolish, but I can scan dump all day long to show many many more high end feats of 616 Thor that are vastly above those of MCU if you really want me to. I do after all have almost 8000 appearances to draw from

The single feat on Jotunheim is better than 616 Thor/Hulk's Jotunheim feat combined, and Thor did it with one hand handle slam of Mjolnir whereas Hulk/Thor used both their hands/head of hammer

616 Thor has thousands of appearances, not high feats. Even then, throwing out four digit values against a character with less than two digits worth of appearances does not make much sense.

beatboks1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rajjarsalt:

So you didn't even bother to look at the feats I attached?

One of those feats was a planet near Thor (I.e not the planet he was on) being shattered by the shock wave cause by him striking Gorr. That is magnitudes of order greater than the feat you just linked.

Another was Thor resisting the force of a "score of planets". In other words resisting the mass of 20 planets.

Both are greater strength feats than anything MCU Thor has done. I said he has a hundred such feats on 616 out of 8000 appearances. I asked for a feat fr MCU Thor that was greater but apparently you don't have one. That's not counting the God blast feats, etc etc, the giant storm feats etc etc.

So with just those 2 feats, world serpent feat and life tree feat 616 Thor has 4 strength feats vastly greater than the greatest strength feat he has in MCU.

Of you bothered to actually pay attention to the context of what I said and why you'd realise how failed your statement are.

I posted about the 7000+ appearances vs 8 because when someone showed two low showings for MCU Thor below those listed of 616 the argument was that's only 2 vs 25. My statement is only to say how flawed that stance is which is exactly what your accusing me of

rajjarsalt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rajjarsalt:

So you didn't even bother to look at the feats I attached?

One of those feats was a planet near Thor (I.e not the planet he was on) being shattered by the shock wave cause by him striking Gorr. That is magnitudes of order greater than the feat you just linked.

Another was Thor resisting the force of a "score of planets". In other words resisting the mass of 20 planets.

Both are greater strength feats than anything MCU Thor has done. I said he has a hundred such feats on 616 out of 8000 appearances. I asked for a feat fr MCU Thor that was greater but apparently you don't have one. That's not counting the God blast feats, etc etc, the giant storm feats etc etc.

So with just those 2 feats, world serpent feat and life tree feat 616 Thor has 4 strength feats vastly greater than the greatest strength feat he has in MCU.

Of you bothered to actually pay attention to the context of what I said and why you'd realise how failed your statement are.

I posted about the 7000+ appearances vs 8 because when someone showed two low showings for MCU Thor below those listed of 616 the argument was that's only 2 vs 25. My statement is only to say how flawed that stance is which is exactly what your accusing me of

How is it magnitude's greater when Jotunheim absolutely dwarfs said planet in size even if you take the Earth size assumption at face value

Score of planets is nice but it's not as good as MCU holding himself against the full force of a neutron star while getting burned by more heat than what turned Mangog and Mjolnir and even Knull himself to ash

Life tree feat? World serpent feat is not particularly consistent as far as lifting the serpent goes, everytime Thor tries it he performs it to a different level

2 vs 25 was a joke they are low ends as much as 616 Thor jobbing to his own disk/failing to break outta Sakaar is a low end - it's 0 vs 25. But my comparison had nothing to do with appearance ratio and was just a feat for feat comparison - if we entertain appearances then 100 feats is still terribly small compared to 7000+ appearances, assuming they exist in the first place. Whereas MCU Thor only needs around half a dozen for his high ends to be as much as his appearances.

beatboks1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96  Edited By beatboks1

@rajjarsalt:

Seriously?

Do you have no concept at all?

The feat you posted is of a direct strike to the to the surface cause damage.

The feat I showed is of a planet near the planet he's on (not the planet he's actually on) being destroyed by the shock wave of him striking Gorr. To cause that level of damage the distance of orbits away with the shock wave of his strike is magnitudes to the power of greater than doing the same damage to something you strike directly. For the feat you posted to be even on par it would have to be almostn1000's of times larger. If I kit a hammer into a wall and out a hole in it the shock wave might make a small light object fall on a shelf in the next room. To cause the same damage to the small object s was done to the wall by striking the wall in an adjacent room however might require hitting it with a car going 60mph.

The neutron star feat is an energy durability feat not a strength one. Resisting the force of 20 planets (which has a physical not an energy value) can't be compared to the 2p score planets. They are different types of feats.

The serpent has the mass and strength to crush earth, lifting it is equal to lifting something multiple times the mass of earth.

Life tree is the mass of universes (9 to be precise)

If you can't see that these things aren't even in the same ball park than I can't help you. I can't give the the ability to understand the science you can't.

Show me a single feat of MCU Thor destroying say the equivalent of mercury (the smallest planet in our solar system since Pluto lost its classification as a planet because it was far too small) from the shock wave striking something while hes on earth?

Your feats are pitiful by comparison to high end 616 Thor feats. The serpent was supposed to be able to crush the earth and Thor lifted it off. The life tree weighed equal to Universe's and Thor held it up. By hitting someone on one planet the shochwave tore a nearby planet apart. That's JUST 3 feats (can scan dump 200 to 400 more) that are significantly above any feat MCU Thor has ever done.

A thread posting 25 low showings for 616Thor saying these make him less than mcu Thor fails when it ignores all else. When equally low showings were pointed out for MCU Thornthe answer was flippantly made that's 2 vs 25. The purpose of my post was only to point out that that wasn't an argument because it doesn't take the overall picture into the equation. I can show more high end feats for 616 Thor than MCU. Only a few (maybe 4)dozen are above the high end feats you've shown but hundreds more are equal to them.

616 Thot has repeatedly faired better vs 616 Hulk than MCU versions.

616 Hulk has repeatedly performed better than MCU Hulk (so the scaling for Thor vs Hulk is better in 616)

MCU Thor has zero fears to comparento 616 vs Galactus, elder gods, etc.

Avatar image for deactivated-64456b84cf5e8
deactivated-64456b84cf5e8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Don't worry Raj by the time MCU Thor(whichever version it is) reaches the the numbers as 616 Thor, he will be a jobber.

Avatar image for asgardianweapon
asgardianweapon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

CV is so funny sometimes

Divyansh13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vishop_ said:

Don't worry Raj by the time MCU Thor(whichever version it is) reaches the the numbers as 616 Thor, he will be a jobber.

By the time MCU Thor reaches 616 Thor level, the sun would have gone supernova

BoutaTakeAnL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers