Why I'm leaving at least Gen. discussion and Battle forums.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Aka_aka_aka_ak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

This may get locked/taken down at some point but I want to make my point anyway.

I may return at some point if my account is still up, I may not.

In short the users of this site are cancer, or at least most of them are.

Just about everyone seems incapable of arguing objectively, rather than using evidence to support their arguments they vote according to their biases and are totally unwilling to hear opposing views or engage in meaning discourse. (in particular the MCU Thor and Thanos wank has rendered these threads (which make up about 80% of battles it seems) totally ruined)

If not that then they're too stupid to follow a simple conversation. Too many times have I had to explain the same thing over and over again only for the other person to come back with what they think is a good point, only for it to turn out to be the same point I refuted in my very first reply.

Basically, many users are either too stupid to argue with or too arrogant and biased. If that were a small part of this site then I'd just ignore it, but that is literally the point of this site, at least as I see it; to make a point and be able to defend it or to hear out the views of someone who disagrees. To me this site is basically a debating site (albeit about MCU 90% of the time) and what's the point in trying to debate with people who either are totally unwilling to debate or totally inept at constructing an argument? It's a waste of time as you just cannot reason with most of these people.

It's now gotten to the point where it's starting to negatively impact my life; either I waste time repeating myself over and over again or I get stressed at the stupidity and then unproductive in the real world. If I've had a go at you in the past couple of weeks then you're the people I'm talking about and in the recent "Did Thanos break Vibraium?" thread literally 2 out of 2 people that responded to me were so stupid to the point where I'm not even certain that they were being serious, that thread really was what pushed me over the edge.

This is not simply a matter of people having a different opinion to myself that I can't deal with, as amcu is one example of a user I often disagree with, but every time I've engaged with him he's fully supported him position with evidence, has been willing to have a discourse and even though I may still disagree at the end I think it's been productive, but unfortunately users like this make up <10% of users on this site that I've come across.

I also think the job of moderators should be adapted. At the moment they're just users that spend the most time on the site and some are as bad as the people I have described above, often abusing their power to lock threads that they personally deem inappropriate despite it not violating any rules. Threads have also been locked, deemed as 'mismatches' when I don't believe they are and I was willing to have a conversation and an opportunity to present why I think this way, but the thread is locked so that no one has to hear an opposing view; to me this is against the very nature of this site. We should encourage people to have conversations and to support their argument on threads where people have strong opinions, not locking them and shutting down said conversation. In place of this greater emphasis should be placed on locking out users who are not their to have a meaningful conversation but rather are there to vote for their favourite character and scream or ignore anyone who disagrees as that is just pointless, unproductive and in contrast to the purpose of these threads.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f5eba8f0a2dd
deactivated-5f5eba8f0a2dd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There is a lot of arrogance, I was accused of being a fanboy by a user when I just made one fair counter to his argument. I strongly agree with your last paragraph. The mods are terrible at moderating the battle forum.

morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#3 morpheus_  Moderator

A good first step at improving the battles forum has been made then.

RabumAlal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

lol, this is hilarious.