Why I liked marvel more than dc rebirth and why I liked new 52 over rebirth

SuperGoku17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By SuperGoku17

I know some of you will say “This guy is a marvel fanboy and sucks marvel off like a lolipop or some shit along those lines”. Despite the fact I read batman comics like its the word of god but hey I suck marvels cock.

First read my reasons

So this is why I liked marvel still more than dc despite rebirth and why i prefer new 52 over rebirth

I really didnt like the fact that dc was rebooting becuase I liked the direction new 52 was going in like instead of superman being a generic hero like postcrisis in new 52 he had more personallity.Batman was already perfect and there was nothing wrong with the rest of the new 52. Like nothing. Rebirth made superman generic and boring again like reading his stories is like watching paint dry because majority of the time they are predictable.While marvel hasnt really changed at all and their character have always been unique and differnet and not generic copy and paste like superman.Green Lantern comics are still boring and rebirth hasnt changed that and yes I have read gl books.Wonder Woman and batman is like the only people I felt shouldnt have been rebooted at all as they are perfect. And Captain Atom and Shazam also shouldnt have been rebooted and their rebooted chracters is the only thing I hate about new 52.And rebirth to a shit on shazam and his comics and he himself hasnt even shown up in rebirth yet which pissed me off.In regards to marvel for their changes they really didnt bother me and I really didnt get sjw vibes from the changes at all like I really dont get why people think that marvel making a female thor or a black iron female is a sjw thing.The oringinal characters didnt go away and were already established and acted more as advice and a mentor to some of these characters and their characters really didnt change a whole lot.They didnt reboot their entire universe multiple times to make it good like dc and in regards to dc the new 52 reboot was perfect and dc should have left it alone and keep adding new things and changing things up.If you disagree with I said please explain why in a calm nice manner as this post isnt attacking your opinions and why you like rebirth.If you agree please explain why.And the recent changes marvel has done has been great.And Batman and WonderWoman Rebirth have been great as well as deathstroke and the return of cassandra cain.

ImMadNice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By ImMadNice

New 52 was awesome I loved it. Haven't read too much Rebirth, few justice league stories have been so so. Used to dislike marvel books but I'm on a streak of 4 or 5 great stories in a row

Green_Tea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

how exactly do you define current supes as being generic and having no personality?

SuperGoku17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

how exactly do you define current supes as being generic and having no personality?

Save the day talk to family rinse and repeat and streotypical hero come in and save the day and a completely innocent character without any unique character traits at all.

destinyman75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lol I wouldn't worry about trolls too much. But I agree new 52 is better then rebirth

Chimeroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@supergoku17: Decent post, just one correction, New 52 wasn't really rebooted. It is all still canon.

Heatforce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

tensor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Superman rebirth was good. Until bendis jump aboard.

You have some good stuff from Rebirth.The Flash an Titans are right up there. Do not even get me started on the new Justice League with Jon back on the team it feels like home again.

Shazam is getting his own series down the line.

Now you got to be joking about what happen in Marvel.

Do you even see the sales for the comics now that main characters are back in there role.

Hulk was Garbage with Cho. Banner back the stories are interesting again.

Do not even get me started on Jane foster or X-23

SuperGoku17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@supergoku17: Decent post, just one correction, New 52 wasn't really rebooted. It is all still canon.

And you dont think I already know this.I meant rebooting as in completely changing characters and certain things not completely rebooting the entire universe.

SuperGoku17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tensor said:

Superman rebirth was good. Until bendis jump aboard.

You have some good stuff from Rebirth.The Flash an Titans are right up there. Do not even get me started on the new Justice League with Jon back on the team it feels like home again.

Shazam is getting his own series down the line.

Now you got to be joking about what happen in Marvel.

Do you even see the sales for the comics now that main characters are back in there role.

Hulk was Garbage with Cho. Banner back the stories are interesting again.

Do not even get me started on Jane foster or X-23

I hope you know that comic sales wont sway how I feel about a comic and Im not joking.

Superman rebirth being good is your opinion as to me its shit regardless of whoever writes it even grant himself wouldnt change a thing I said.

When exactly is Shazam getting his series as it has been 2 years and counting.

I dont give a shit about comicbook sales

I dont read jl at all and I like flash and titans

Avatar image for deactivated-5ba513314c41c
deactivated-5ba513314c41c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

to me, making the Question (previously vic sage, now a nobody) part of the trinity of sin was worse than any diversity pandering in marvel. pandora was also badly written, I wish it was better bc she had potential in n52. n52 had some good stuff like jessica cruz and the crime syndicate (felt like maury tbh, "you are NOT the father!!!"). so it wasnt all bad. but i feel like everything became a bit "wow we ran out of ideas" with the whole black racer thing and GL becoming a god lol.

also why was ambush bug wasting JL issue pages? did anyone actually enjoy those segments?

I felt like a better transition wouldve fixed a lot of problems. to me n52 and rebirth felt like a massive retcon even though DC just brushed it off as some multiverse thing.

SuperGoku17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@t6 said:

to me, making the Question (previously vic sage, now a nobody) part of the trinity of sin was worse than any diversity pandering in marvel. pandora was also badly written, I wish it was better bc she had potential in n52. n52 had some good stuff like jessica cruz and the crime syndicate (felt like maury tbh, "you are NOT the father!!!"). so it wasnt all bad. but i feel like everything became a bit "wow we ran out of ideas" with the whole black racer thing and GL becoming a god lol.

also why was ambush bug wasting JL issue pages? did anyone actually enjoy those segments?

I felt like a better transition wouldve fixed a lot of problems. to me n52 and rebirth felt like a massive retcon even though DC just brushed it off as some multiverse thing.

I didnt say I liked everything in the new 52

Thx for sharing

Avatar image for deactivated-5ba513314c41c
deactivated-5ba513314c41c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@supergoku17: i actually forgot to mention what you posted, i totally agree w/ retcons being more annoying, at least in the case of rebirth. marvel writing/ageing characters out of mainstream continuity (e.g. characters becoming mentor figures/getting "real" jobs lol) was like kingdom come in a way, just toned down (and not as good art) but still a good way to see how the franchise moved forward instead of just press the reset button...twice

Avatar image for deactivated-62aed861cc7ee
deactivated-62aed861cc7ee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Most of New52 was trash, especially Superman and I am glad that shit doesn't exist anymore.

Rebirth >> New52/last few years' Marvel

SuperGoku17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By SuperGoku17

@mightykalel said:

Most of New52 was trash, especially Superman and I am glad that shit doesn't exist anymore.

Rebirth >> New52/last few years' Marvel

New 52 is cannon and great opinion and how exactly is new 52 superman trash?

SuperGoku17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@t6: Alright Dude