Why I don't like Deadpool

Zakar23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Zakar23

Deadpool is one the most popular comic-book heroes currently with his solo movie making over $782 million worldwide and I don't really see why

he may be funny from time to time but most of his Jokes are around pop culture references,things that are popular at that given time and breaking the 4-th Wall and that is the main reason why i fell in 20-30 years no will quite remember deadpool or he may not may be as popular as he is today because the concept of breaking the 4-th wall and Pop culture references will be played out.

I mean if you take for example a character such as The Joker whom I personally feel is timeless because the concept of Insanity,the concept on Anarchy and the concept of life being nothing more than a bad Joke is universal and something people who have had really bad days or lives can actually understand and identify with.

while mostly teenagers or Young adults who've had normal or enjoyable lives can identify with deadpool because he says what they are thinking and its somewhat funny but i don't particularly get these jokes because

(1)Im from a different part of the world so i don't get the references he's making

(2) They aren't that funny

now I know im gonna get backlash from deadpool fan boys but i stand by my argument and hatred for deadpool

brucerogers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Okay

Avatar image for deactivated-5a794b61068b8
deactivated-5a794b61068b8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He's alright I guess. I don't read his comics, but I enjoyed the movie.

Mike_Fowler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Mike_Fowler

Ok

Don't really know what you're expecting, not like you insulted anybody

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You don't understand the references he makes yet you think he's not funny ??? Hmm if you understood the references wouldn't it be possible you'd find him funnier ?

JokerBat88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I really liked him. His references and his jokes I thought were quite tasteful for the movie and it's setting. Dark and serious CBM movies are good and all but you need something lighter and quirky just to have a fun time and a good laugh.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion though so yea.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79
deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@leo-343 said:

I'm indifferent to the character. I can easily say he's only funny if you're 14, but everyone's taste is different. His film was fun as hell though.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#9 the_stegman  Moderator

I don't care for lolrandompool but currently, he's okay.

blackagar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't subscribe to that type of humor, but he's alright with me.

RoboShark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I dug the movie. When I went opening night, I got there and there were two seats left in the whole place. Only thing I didn't like was the audience lol. I was trying to zoom in on all the geeky details and it was hard cause everyone around was loud af.

Avatar image for green_ballerina
Green_Ballerina

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I like him for what he is but I could see why people would think he's lame. The movie was very fun and Reynolds killed it so Pool has that going for him. Maybe it's because he looks similar to Spidey lol.

stormshadow_x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 22

Character is ok. Movie is just fun

HighAccuser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sometimes I like him but his fanboys and bandwagon are annoying.

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By mickey-mouse

So do we really need these posts we always get: "Dear Comic Vine, I don't like something very popular."

Seriously unless it's a well written deep examination of the subject matter, save it.

Heatblaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lukehero said:

So do we really need these posts we always get: "Dear Comic Vine, I don't like something very popular."

Seriously unless it's a well written deep examination of the subject matter, save it.

This, this so much.

DarthAznable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

GIliad_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I currently feel impartial, however if I where to present my opinion I would likely do an in-depth analysis in Blog format. This feels a bit shallow.

Avatar image for deactivated-5988def3424a7
deactivated-5988def3424a7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Deadpool is overrated. He thinks he's cool with all that sense of humor, but I don't find him funny at all.

Avatar image for manmadeofketchup
ManMadeOfKetchup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Deadpool went to the crapper ever since he became popular. Deadpool USE to be funny but now it's like he just acts like he's retarded. His jokes and antics have become far too focused on sex jokes and profanity. His movie was pretty lame too because of such things happening in it. Deadpool's problem is that his character was compromised in favor of appealing to the mainstream. Referring back to his quality and popularity, his writing and stories have definitely been on the decline since he got more popular with the general audience. His books use to be fun to read..Now they feel like "wtf did I just read" after reading some of them. Hell, I don't think Deadpool even really talks to himself anymore.

The only thing worse is how non-comic readers or people who know Deadpool through common knowledge think he's the greatest thing ever because of Deadpool Kills the Marvel Universe even though it was a poorly written non-canon story. They also don't seem to keep up to date with Deadpool, which is ironic considering how obsessed they are with him, since they keep talking about his immortality curse even though he's not been immortal since #250.

iknowwhoyouare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

We can now put Deadpool alongside Batman, Superman, Spiderman and other comic book characters people complain about

warrior100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers