• 79 results
#51 Posted by The_Ghostshell (84303 posts) - - Show Bio
Strafe Prower said:
"Gambler said:
"John Valentine said:
"Gambit, Nightcrawler and Iceman are not the most important X-Men, and an appearance on FG doesn't proove anything."
Gambit's probably the second most popular X-Men next to Wolverine."

this coming from the #1 Gambit fan on this site.

I personally think it's Storm after Wolverine, but i could be wrong."
Of course I am. But its not that far of a stretch to say Gambit is as popular if not more so then Wolverine. Was there an Iceman solo series? No. What about Storm? Nope (is she even an X-Men anymore?). Cyclops solo series? I'm not sure but I dont think so. I say to even be in the running the character should have at least had one solo stint.
#52 Posted by Lantern Prime (12987 posts) - - Show Bio
Gambler said:
"John Valentine said:
"Gambit, Nightcrawler and Iceman are not the most important X-Men, and an appearance on FG doesn't proove anything."

Everybody should know that.
#53 Posted by vance_astro (90095 posts) - - Show Bio
Gambler said:
"Strafe Prower said:
"Gambler said:
"John Valentine said:

Of course I am. But its not that far of a stretch to say Gambit is as popular if not more so then Wolverine. Was there an Iceman solo series? No. What about Storm? Nope (is she even an X-Men anymore?). Cyclops solo series? I'm not sure but I dont think so. I say to even be in the running the character should have at least had one solo stint."
Gambit is definitely more popular than Storm.
#54 Posted by MUTANT413 (486 posts) - - Show Bio
John Valentine said:
"MUTANT413 said:
"John Valentine said:
"Vance Astro said:
"John Valentine said:
"Vance Astro said:
"John Valentine said:
"Vance Astro said:
"Nobody cares about mutants."

They're more significant than DD."
I was joking...but no really they aren't."

Yes, they are."
Daredevil is more recognizable and popular than half the mutant population."
Key word being half.

Magneto, Xavier, Wolverine, Cyclops, Jean Grey, Storm."

You forgot Gambit and Nightcrawler and Iceman (Iceman had an appearance in Family Guy. Daredevil didn't)."

Gambit, Nightcrawler and Iceman are not the most important X-Men, and an appearance on FG doesn't proove anything."

Getting a cameo appearance on Family Guy is one of the signs of true fame. Because of Iceman, and his trademark ice-slides, the X-Men have now had a part of that fame. The only real claim to fame Daredevil has is a poorly-made movie. Plus, Nightcrawler, Wolverine, and Gambit are among the few Marvel superheroes that even a lot of non-comic book fans will recognize. But nobody who doesn't read comics will recognize the dude in the all-red suit and billy-club-ish thing.
#55 Posted by MUTANT413 (486 posts) - - Show Bio

aw, dang it.
I made a reply before realizing this thread had already gone to two pages...

#56 Posted by John Valentine (16466 posts) - - Show Bio
Gambler said:
"John Valentine said:

I'm not arguing with that, but Wolverine is more important.
#57 Posted by The_Ghostshell (84303 posts) - - Show Bio
John Valentine said:
"I'm not arguing with that, but Wolverine is more important."
LOL he has to be, he's only in every freakin Marvel title out there. If any character got that much shine they'd be just as important.
#58 Posted by John Valentine (16466 posts) - - Show Bio
Gambler said:
"John Valentine said:
LOL he has to be, he's only in every freakin Marvel title out there. If any character got that much shine they'd be just as important."
Precisely. That's why I stated that Cyclops, Emma, Xavier, Jean and Storm were more important than DD.
#59 Posted by The_Ghostshell (84303 posts) - - Show Bio

two outta five aint bad

#60 Posted by John Valentine (16466 posts) - - Show Bio
Gambler said:
"two outta five aint bad"
So only Cyclops and Emma?
#61 Edited by vance_astro (90095 posts) - - Show Bio
MUTANT413 said:
Getting a cameo appearance on Family Guy is one of the signs of true fame. Because of Iceman, and his trademark ice-slides, the X-Men have now had a part of that fame. The only real claim to fame Daredevil has is a poorly-made movie. Plus, Nightcrawler, Wolverine, and Gambit are among the few Marvel superheroes that even a lot of non-comic book fans will recognize. But nobody who doesn't read comics will recognize the dude in the all-red suit and billy-club-ish thing."
EDIT:Nevermind.There is so many things wrong with this post but i'm not going to blast you.
#62 Posted by vance_astro (90095 posts) - - Show Bio
John Valentine said:
"Gambler said:
"John Valentine said:
LOL he has to be, he's only in every freakin Marvel title out there. If any character got that much shine they'd be just as important."
Precisely. That's why I stated that Cyclops, Emma, Xavier, Jean and Storm were more important than DD."
They aren't though.
#63 Posted by The_Ghostshell (84303 posts) - - Show Bio
John Valentine said:
"Gambler said:
So only Cyclops and Emma?"
i was thinking xavier an emma
#64 Posted by The_Martian (37399 posts) - - Show Bio

I would say Cyclops is the most important X-Men besides Wolverine(ugh). He has been the leader the longest and holds the team together, even when Xavier ditches them.

#65 Posted by vance_astro (90095 posts) - - Show Bio
Nobody said:
"I would say Cyclops is the most important X-Men besides Wolverine(ugh). He has been the leader the longest and holds the team together, even when Xavier ditches them."
Wolverine isn't really important though.He is popular..but I don't think he's very important.As far as importance I would put Cyclops above Wolverine..along with Professor X.
#66 Posted by The_Martian (37399 posts) - - Show Bio
Vance Astro said:
"Nobody said:
"I would say Cyclops is the most important X-Men besides Wolverine(ugh). He has been the leader the longest and holds the team together, even when Xavier ditches them."
Wolverine isn't really important though.He is popular..but I don't think he's very important.As far as importance I would put Cyclops above Wolverine..along with Professor X."
I agree with that. But I would put Cyclops about Prof X. The only reason I see Prof X being above him is because with Prof X there wouldn't be X-Men.
#67 Posted by vance_astro (90095 posts) - - Show Bio
Nobody said:
"Vance Astro said:
"Nobody said:
Wolverine isn't really important though.He is popular..but I don't think he's very important.As far as importance I would put Cyclops above Wolverine..along with Professor X."
I agree with that. But I would put Cyclops about Prof X. The only reason I see Prof X being above him is because with Prof X there wouldn't be X-Men."
True.
#68 Posted by John Valentine (16466 posts) - - Show Bio
Gambler said:
"John Valentine said:
"Gambler said:
So only Cyclops and Emma?"
i was thinking xavier an emma"

Why Xavier? Cyclops is now the leader of  the mutant race, with Cable caring for it's only fate.
Aside from the Illuminati, what has Xavier done of any real importance/ what significant role has he had in recent years?
#69 Posted by John Valentine (16466 posts) - - Show Bio
Nobody said:
"Vance Astro said:
"Nobody said:
I agree with that. But I would put Cyclops about Prof X. The only reason I see Prof X being above him is because with Prof X there wouldn't be X-Men."
By my reasoning, Xavier WAS more important, but now, as the dream is no longer of such an emphasis, Cyclops is more important.
#70 Posted by vance_astro (90095 posts) - - Show Bio
John Valentine said:
"Nobody said:
"Vance Astro said:
"Nobody said:
By my reasoning, Xavier WAS more important, but now, as the dream is no longer of such an emphasis, Cyclops is more important."
Xavier is still more important.You cannot take his significance away.He basically created Cyclops.Without Xavier there would have been no X-men.They were created on his vision.
#71 Posted by John Valentine (16466 posts) - - Show Bio
Vance Astro said:
"John Valentine said:
"Nobody said:
"Vance Astro said:
"Nobody said:
By my reasoning, Xavier WAS more important, but now, as the dream is no longer of such an emphasis, Cyclops is more important."
Xavier is still more important.You cannot take his significance away.He basically created Cyclops.Without Xavier there would have been no X-men.They were created on his vision."
The X-Men lived on when they believed Xavier to be dead. The move to San Fran and their reformation took place without Xavier's input.
#72 Posted by vance_astro (90095 posts) - - Show Bio
John Valentine said:
The X-Men lived on when they believed Xavier to be dead. The move to San Fran and their reformation took place without Xavier's input."
Ok..that still doesn't mean there would have been X-men without Xavier.As long as Xavier lives he holds that position.Even when he dies...because he created them.He gave them morals and structure and taught them how to control their powers.Didn't Xavier's death cause the Age of Apocalypse?
#73 Posted by John Valentine (16466 posts) - - Show Bio
Vance Astro said:
"John Valentine said:
The X-Men lived on when they believed Xavier to be dead. The move to San Fran and their reformation took place without Xavier's input."
Ok..that still doesn't mean there would have been X-men without Xavier.As long as Xavier lives he holds that position.Even when he dies...because he created them.He gave them morals and structure and taught them how to control their powers.Didn't Xavier's death cause the Age of Apocalypse?"
That's not my point.

1) Xavier founded the X-Men, but he is no longer essential for their existence. He's not unimportant, but he is not as important as he was now that he does not have such an active role.
2) Sort of. But Xavier had died in House of M, and in many other realities including the Here Comes Tomorrow reality, where the X-Men still existed.
#74 Posted by vance_astro (90095 posts) - - Show Bio
John Valentine said:
"Vance Astro said:
"John Valentine said:
Ok..that still doesn't mean there would have been X-men without Xavier.As long as Xavier lives he holds that position.Even when he dies...because he created them.He gave them morals and structure and taught them how to control their powers.Didn't Xavier's death cause the Age of Apocalypse?"
That's not my point.

1) Xavier founded the X-Men, but he is no longer essential for their existence. He's not unimportant, but he is not as important as he was now that he does not have such an active role.
2) Sort of. But Xavier had died in House of M, and in many other realities including the Here Comes Tomorrow reality, where the X-Men still existed."
I still think overall Xavier is more important than Cyclops.He may not be the most important character right now (I honestly think they should have killed him off by now)...but as far as what he did for mutants,what he started..he has significance in the bag.Honestly..Cyclops is in the position he is in by default.
#75 Posted by geraldthesloth (32690 posts) - - Show Bio
King Hyperion said:

Galaxyjammers!
Galaxyjammers!

"
And guess who might end up joining The Guardians of the Galaxy once War of Kings is finished!
http://www.newsarama.com/comics/090206-nycc09-marvel-war-kings.html

looks like this is true </3
#76 Posted by Strafe Prower (13013 posts) - - Show Bio
Vance Astro said:
"Gambler said:
"Strafe Prower said:
"Gambler said:
"John Valentine said:

Of course I am. But its not that far of a stretch to say Gambit is as popular if not more so then Wolverine. Was there an Iceman solo series? No. What about Storm? Nope (is she even an X-Men anymore?). Cyclops solo series? I'm not sure but I dont think so. I say to even be in the running the character should have at least had one solo stint."
Gambit is definitely more popular than Storm."
@Gambler: Gambit hasn't been in as many media appearences though. X-men movies? No. Marvel Ultimate Alliance Games? No. In that game in fact, Iceman and Storm were both in and Storm actually had lines and made appreances in both trailers. if you said that at other forums people would laugh at you, Storm for example, is way more popular on the other boards I used to go to then Gambit, Iceman, and many other X-Men put together. I disagree with that. For example. Hercules has had a solo. Hawkeye hasn't. Does that make Hercules a better Avenger?

@Vance: On what planet?
#77 Posted by vance_astro (90095 posts) - - Show Bio
Strafe Prower said:
@Vance: On what planet?"
Earth.I take it back though.Not because of what you said but because I don't know what made me think that in the first place.
#78 Posted by Strafe Prower (13013 posts) - - Show Bio
Vance Astro said:
"Strafe Prower said:
@Vance: On what planet?"
Earth.I take it back though.Not because of what you said but because I don't know what made me think that in the first place."

i can accept that.
#79 Posted by Vrakmul (23829 posts) - - Show Bio
MUTANT413 said:
"It seems like lately, the Marvel world has been sparated into two groups: 1) That which is involved with the X-Men and 2) That which is involved with everyone else. The X-Men had no part in the Civil War, Initiative, Skrull Invasion, or any other recent storylines that most everybody else was involved in. Likewise, storylines like Messiah CompleX and Divided We Stand involved the X-characters and NOBODY else.
"
Because the Writers are getting very, very lazy.