Blue Son

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Blue Son
No Caption Provided

Why hasn’t anyone REALLY tried to be a superhero or crime fighter? Seriously?

Now before anyone responds I know the basic answers.

1) It’s dangerous

2) Vigilantism is illegal

But we’ve seen people do a lot of illegal things out there: Selling drugs, carjacking, robbery, murder, and a lot of this stuff is both dangerous and illegal. Then you have some people who do dangerous thrill seeking stuff like cliff diving, bungee cord jumping, or base diving. One dude climbed a building in NYC like Spider-man.

I imagine people do a lot of these extreme things for the thrill, the adrenaline rush, and just to say that they did it, and some people don’t even get paid for doing things like this. Wouldn’t taking down the bad guys be one of the biggest adrenaline rushes out there? So the question to ask again is, how come someone (crazy or not) has not suited up yet and become a hero?

Well let’s examine this more closely.

No Caption Provided

Training – I’d image you’d need some type of training as well as being in some form of peak conditioning, probably on the level of a soldier or greater. That’s not too hard to do, there are various forms of martial art schools to get into that can teach you from Jujitsu to Krav Mara. There are also gyms to build your strength and gymnastic classes to give you some form of agility if you need it. You can even learn the French art of Parkour to easily travel from building to building.

No Caption Provided

Equipment – F KickAss, you need to gear up like Big Daddy, which isn’t hard to do if you know where to look. Things like body armor you can actually get on E-bay…a bulletproof vest goes for 350 bucks and good plates go for $10 to $12 bucks. They even have bullet proof facemasks, cut resistant gloves, and armored boots.

Looking for a costume? Also can be found on E-bay because let’s face, it’s not a good idea to have someone to make it for you and then get caught running around in it (Got to keep that secret identity safe!). You can get an actual Batman Dark Knight Professional grade costume and modify it, or you can go the Kick-Ass route and get a wetsuit and make sure to add body armor to that sumbitch like that little idiot should have done.

Need weapons, E-bay is kind of limited when it comes to that, you can get things like bow and arrows, crossbows, boken swords, sais, batons, kendo sticks, bo staffs, REAL swords, knives, and battle axes depending on the theme of your persona. You’d have to look elsewhere to get things like taser and tranquilizer guns, or real firearms which let’s face it isn’t really that hard to do either, the bad guys do it every day.

There’s really nothing you can’t get for your crime fighting needs if you look around; I’ve seen sites and actual stores that sell FBI and police issued surveillance equipment, military issued binoculars, and police scanners.

No Caption Provided

There’s also stores out there that will not only sell you stuff to supe up your car for speed, but reinforce it into a tank like the Bat or Green Hornet mobile.

So you’ve trained yourself into an unstoppable fighting machine, and you’ve got the gear to take on an army of bad guys…what’s stopping you from walking out that door and standing on a roof top looking out into YOUR city searching for trouble?

Is it fear? Or maybe it’s the fact that we really don’t give a damn about our fellow man enough to take the risk like our heroes glorify in the books we love to read.

Soldiers, police officers, and firemen are heroes there’s no disputing that, but let’s face it they’re also paid to do their job too. They’re also insured that incase anything happens to them their families would be taken care of. Mind you it’s not top notch pay or benefits but they get them none these less.

Actual heroes and heroines in the books that we read whether driven by revenge or a calling do not get that luxury. Other than the recognition they may get in the papers (unless it’s owned by someone like Jolly Jonah Jameson) heroes don’t get a regular salary, benefits, nor health or life insurance for battling the forces of evil. They do it because it’s the right thing to do, they do it because they believe someone needs to stand up for the weak, they selflessly stand in front of the drawn line fighting against tyranny and those who wish to oppress people who cannot stand up for themselves and fight back, and they do it willing to make the ultimate sacrifice if necessary not expecting a reward or even a thank you even with the possibility that someday they may end up in a casket before their time.

And that’s the difference between the fantasy of comics and real life...in the comics Peter Parker either goes to school or holds down a regular job while making the selfless act of taking on the bad guys. In real life we worry about getting to our jobs on time, making an income and paying our bills and taxes, and working for that dream of a house, a wife or husband, and the 2.6 kids or whatever we wish for in this life. It’s not that we’re not afraid to risk our own lives, I’ve seen people do it for lesser more foolish things; we just don’t give a damn about our own fellow man to stick our neck out for them.

I just finished reading Fantastic Four #587 and the aftermath of the Chaos Wars in the issue of the Incredible Hulks #621.

Then I remember the gunman who shot US congresswoman Gabrielle Giffords in the head and killed six other people. I remember Columbine, and may other tragedies; a lot of these guys got their influences from horror or action movies, many career criminals also get their influences from movies like the Godfather, Scarface, and New Jack City.

Isn't it sad that people would rather take the risk to be a Ne-No Brown, but not a Batman?

I think it is…despite it being illegal and dangerous I think if there was someone who took up the calling, a lot of criminals on the street would be scared for a change. Maybe Columbine and the shooting in Arkansas would never have happened. Maybe so many people’s loved ones wouldn’t be taken away from them before their time because of some gutless piece of garbage.

Some may say this is dangerous talk, maybe it is, but I don’t know...why do we read comic books people?

Some may say it’s for entertainment purposes only, but how many of us idolize these fictional guys and gals. Go as far as to buy the toys, models, posters, calendars, t-shirts, dress up as them for Halloween; make at least ONE journey to a Comicon?

Am I crazy to say that NONE of us really wished to be a hero? That no one ever looked at a horrible crime on television and thought if there was a Dark Knight on the scene this would ever happen, we’ve all done it...I have...

And before anyone asks the question...yeah...as crazy as it sounds...I wish I had stepped up and taken the calling.

I know I’ll probably get a bazillion hits on the moral fibers of upholding the law, and the dangers of dressing up as a masked crime fighter.

But screw it, I’m opening up the flood gates of this discussion anyway...so why hasn’t someone stepped up yet and become a superhero?

ThaMessenger07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By ThaMessenger07
@Blue Son:  Look Up real Superheroes They are out there. There are hundreds maybe more. And actual reports to support some real heroics. They are kept out of the mainstream to avoid others trying the same thing.   

Great Topic!
Avatar image for killer_of_trolls
Killer_of_trolls

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Killer_of_trolls

@Blue Son: this is as close as it will ever be

Deadcool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 35

#4  Edited By Deadcool

You know, there are Policemen and Firefighters

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#5  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator

Because they know that they'd get killed or arrested.

Avatar image for sesquipedalophobe
sesquipedalophobe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By sesquipedalophobe
@rapest_of_super_heros:  Hm, they seem like an outreach group looking to stand out.
drkhwk2001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By drkhwk2001

I was in the Military with thousands of heroes.....................

ssj2DeadPool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By ssj2DeadPool
MethodMan008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By MethodMan008

I would say time and money. 

If I had unlimited resources and some good connections I would totally do it. 

However, I do not.

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#10  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator
@MethodMan008: 

I might do it if I had all of that as well as sufficient combat training. 
goldenshot80

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 1

#11  Edited By goldenshot80
@Deadcool said:
" You know, there are Policemen and Firefighters "
Renee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#12  Edited By Renee

Because we saw Kick ass get his ass kicked. ;)

Avatar image for deactivated-5ab1ccc482197
deactivated-5ab1ccc482197

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Deadcool said:
" You know, there are Policemen and Firefighters "
@drkhwk2001 said:
" I was in the Military with thousands of heroes..................... "
This.
We have heroes in the world.
Aiden Cross

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#14  Edited By Aiden Cross

Because i'd get killed... duh..

Lunacy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Lunacy

I have, but none of the bad guys live to tell about it.    

Avatar image for fadetoblackbolt
FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 6

#16  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt
@Renee said:
" Because we saw Kick ass get his ass kicked. ;) "
He also got it on with Lyndsey Fonseca, so it's still more in the "win" column :P
Renee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Renee
@FadeToBlackBolt: 
She's a little firecracker. I had never seen her before that movie.
Avatar image for fadetoblackbolt
FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 6

#18  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt
@Renee: She's the daughter in How I Met Your Mother :)
Freefa11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Freefa11

2 months, I guess there's a good chance the OP isn't seeing this, but I'll put in a few cents anyway. 

1) Well, pretty much anyone who knows what they're talking about knows it is that dangerous. Yes, some people study martial arts extensively. Most of them don't do this. Why? Because by the time they get good at it, they should also have a good idea of their limitations. I can't believe this has to be said, but comic martial arts ARE NOT REALISTIC. Not even a little. Nobody is going to be able to swing around and dodge bullets like Batman, jump 10-15 feet in the air from a standing position, and take out 10 armed thugs by himself without getting winded or bruising any knuckles. Guys like Batman, Robin, Green Arrow, Cap, etc, they're all superhuman. Yeah, the comics say they are just "peak" human, or baseline human, but it's rubbish. Humans can't do that stuff. Read up on the Boxer Rebellion if you don't believe me. Guns vs. Martial Arts = guns win.

Speaking of injuries, If you've never bruised a knuckle or bone, snapped a tendon, or separated a shoulder, then you don't know how long some of these injuries can take to heal. Comic characters, in addition to having superhuman strength and reflexes, seem to never get seriously hurt. Sure they break some ribs every once in a while, but how long does it take them to recover? A month or two? Yes there was the whole Knightfall arc, but in a way that just reinforces my point even more; Batman had his back broken and got better in a year or two. What happened when Chris Reeves broke his back? Oh right, it stayed broken.

Hell, even death isn't a permanent handicap for superheroes.

2) There are more practical ways to do it. If you want to fight crime, join the police or FBI. Why not? Doing so gives you training, access to equipment, access to intelligence, and the knowledge that you can call in a ton of buddies to back you up if you do get into a tight spot, who are also trained and have access to equipment and information. It is, by far, the more practical, more efficient way to get into fighting crime than going on a solo act. And on top of that, yes, you get paid and health benefits and all that. That's actually a good thing. That means that you don't have to worry about starving to death or paying rent while you're fighting crime. It also means that if you get jacked up by a gang of thugs, you can go to the hospital to get patched up without worrying about getting bankrupted by medical expenses (or just left in the Emergency Room to bleed to death). 

Really, unless you're planning on actually killing criminals on the spot, I'm not sure what you would plan to do as a vigilante that you wouldn't be better equipped to do as a police officier or FBI agent. And, of course, if you did start murdering criminals, the police (and maybe FBI) would be on your ass real quick (assuming the criminals you hit don't manage to retaliate and kill you first, which is a distinct possibility). 

Anyway, I'm sure just about everyone reading this already knows this all already, so I'll leave it at that. 

I do think those guys who dress up are being pretty brave, but at the same time, they're only dealing with small fry. And again, I'm not really sure what they're doing that they couldn't do as well or better as police officers (or even just security guards).

spartan92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By spartan92
@Freefa11 said:
"2 months, I guess there's a good chance the OP isn't seeing this, but I'll put in a few cents anyway. 

1) Well, pretty much anyone who knows what they're talking about knows it is that dangerous. Yes, some people study martial arts extensively. Most of them don't do this. Why? Because by the time they get good at it, they should also have a good idea of their limitations. I can't believe this has to be said, but comic martial arts ARE NOT REALISTIC. Not even a little. Nobody is going to be able to swing around and dodge bullets like Batman, jump 10-15 feet in the air from a standing position, and take out 10 armed thugs by himself without getting winded or bruising any knuckles. Guys like Batman, Robin, Green Arrow, Cap, etc, they're all superhuman. Yeah, the comics say they are just "peak" human, or baseline human, but it's rubbish. Humans can't do that stuff. Read up on the Boxer Rebellion if you don't believe me. Guns vs. Martial Arts = guns win.

Speaking of injuries, If you've never bruised a knuckle or bone, snapped a tendon, or separated a shoulder, then you don't know how long some of these injuries can take to heal. Comic characters, in addition to having superhuman strength and reflexes, seem to never get seriously hurt. Sure they break some ribs every once in a while, but how long does it take them to recover? A month or two? Yes there was the whole Knightfall arc, but in a way that just reinforces my point even more; Batman had his back broken and got better in a year or two. What happened when Chris Reeves broke his back? Oh right, it stayed broken.

Hell, even death isn't a permanent handicap for superheroes.

2) There are more practical ways to do it. If you want to fight crime, join the police or FBI. Why not? Doing so gives you training, access to equipment, access to intelligence, and the knowledge that you can call in a ton of buddies to back you up if you do get into a tight spot, who are also trained and have access to equipment and information. It is, by far, the more practical, more efficient way to get into fighting crime than going on a solo act. And on top of that, yes, you get paid and health benefits and all that. That's actually a good thing. That means that you don't have to worry about starving to death or paying rent while you're fighting crime. It also means that if you get jacked up by a gang of thugs, you can go to the hospital to get patched up without worrying about getting bankrupted by medical expenses (or just left in the Emergency Room to bleed to death). 

Really, unless you're planning on actually killing criminals on the spot, I'm not sure what you would plan to do as a vigilante that you wouldn't be better equipped to do as a police officier or FBI agent. And, of course, if you did start murdering criminals, the police (and maybe FBI) would be on your ass real quick (assuming the criminals you hit don't manage to retaliate and kill you first, which is a distinct possibility).  Anyway, I'm sure just about everyone reading this already knows this all already, so I'll leave it at that.  I do think those guys who dress up are being pretty brave, but at the same time, they're only dealing with small fry. And again, I'm not really sure what they're doing that they couldn't do as well or better as police officers (or even just security guards). "

this
.o0Johnny0o.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

ThaMessenger07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By ThaMessenger07
@Freefa11:  All pretty valid and true for the most part. One problem is the final comment noted there.  

They can't do the same or better if they were cops. They would have to actually follow jurisdictions, procedures, specific assigned duties and being completely hated/ feared, with no prior knowledge of who they are. There are many situations were you call the cops in a bad neighborhood and get no response. They will simply never show because the area is a lost cause to them. That is more disturbingly common then you can imagine or believe to be true. In some places you would rather not call the police altogether, to avoid there abuse of authority.  

If you look into many of these individuals on those sites and some who are not with them, they have prior military or law enforcement training. Many of them prefer to use this method to cause what they feel is a greater impact. Many are still officers or in the armed forces to this day.  

It may seem unintelligent, irrational, pointless, dangerous, senseless, and many other negative words. It is still better to be passionate in doing good, then to settle with living surrounded by bad.
CrimsonCake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By CrimsonCake

Wow,I have so much to say on this topic.

1)Most comic book superheroes seem to be extremely fit and have a high level of intelligence.So most superheroes would have to be athletic and have degrees in the fields of forensic science,criminology and phycology.Other sciences like Astrophysics and quantum mechanics would be more useful for fighting Cosmic Super-villains,build sci-fi weapons, and to defend the earth from alien invasions if the time ever arises.

2)Read this website.

3)Genetic engineering and other fields of science could potentially grant humans super human abilities.Some of them include Super human stamina,super human strength,Biological Immortality, and breathing Underwater(Yes,breathing underwater read the website.)We could have a real-life aquaman on our hands.

4)The reason why people became masked crime-fighters in the Dc universe(I don't know about the marvel universe) is because somewhere around the 1930's-1950's timeline,Masked super heroes like the Crimson Avenger and the Justice society of America arouse at that time.There the ones who started the whole superhero trend in their respective universe.If people became superheroes in our universe around that time people would do that today but unfortunately people had a different mentality.

5)I don't know about Superheroes but super villains is a different matter. There was this character in english folklore Called Spring Heeled Jack.Around the 1800's people reported seeing a humanoid like figure running amok and tormenting and harassing innocent bystanders.He could supposedly jump atleast 20 feet in the air.The most recent sighting of him was in 2012 in Nescot collage where a family inside a taxi cab saw a dark figure climbing over a 15 ft roadside bank.There description of it is very similar to Spring Heeled jack.So I Guess he qualifies as a super villain and is probably active to this day.Let's Send Phoenix Jones After him.

htb106

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#24  Edited By htb106

you'd need extreme training and you'd need to be able to run wth all of the heavy armour.

sure I'd protect my family if anyone tried to attack them but going out and looking for crime would just be to hard.

Jorgevy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Jorgevy

actually I have a few ideas on how to do it. But mainly you'd need time and money.

If someone had the time and money they could (lots of both):

- Get spy/military equipment, basicly gadgets and gear

-Training, knowledge and physical peak

Besides that they would need continuos time and money to actually be able to affect their city and be able to go out there and still have food at home and a place to sleep (SECRET LAIR)

Also they could do other stuff, like injecting themselves with their own blood or sleep in oxygen chambers, like athletes do, or other forms of "dopping". In that way they could become near super human

Shadow_Thief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Shadow_Thief

From my perspective, I'd imagine the long and the short of it is this: anyone who has all the necessary pieces to be a superhero (the training, the equipment, the resources, etc) probably realizes that they can use those elements to fight crime and better people's lives in far more efficient ways than going out and beating up the bad guys one at a time on his own.

Avatar image for dark_vengeance_
Dark_Vengeance_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Dark_Vengeance_

I'm real.........

minigunman123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By minigunman123

You can't dodge bullets.

You can't run faster than skilled shooters can aim.

You can't withstand a baseball bat to the face without expensive gear, that might not last very long if you keep getting hit like that.

You can't run up buildings.

You can't grapple hook.

You don't have a special car with ultra spy gear or any kind of weapon on it, you'd be tailed easily by cops even if you did.

Superheroes are a bad idea. A good idea is an FBI agent or CIA agent. Those guys actually do incredible things. There are no supervillains in the world to warrant people even thinking of being superheroes, and in areas where cops don't do much to protect people, that's what self defense is for, in the form of guns and basic firearms training.

moywar700

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By moywar700

I find taking care of our planet is as good as being a superhero.

thenerdal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By thenerdal

Heck, if I had the resourced to be Iron Man, I would. I'd so get laid too.

GothamRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 23

#31  Edited By GothamRed

people have done this before, they commonly get arrested for vigilantism.

CrimsonCake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By CrimsonCake

@minigunman123said:

You can't grapple hook.

Yes you can,The military have a grappling hook device similar to batman but it's really big compared to a standard hand gun.And a college student actually built areal grappling hook gun.

jinxuandi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#33  Edited By jinxuandi

Anyone who might want to do it couldn't afford it and wouldn't have the time.

Anyone who might be able to afford it and have the time would have no interest in it. They'd just call the police.

KnightRise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By KnightRise

What if you kill someone that beat their trial, but was really innocent? Or beat the crap out of a thief who was trying to support their family? The criminal may be wrong, but its just as injust for one person to judge anyone else.

CrimsonCake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By CrimsonCake

BUMP.

CrimsonCake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By CrimsonCake

Bump.

neil_simperson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i grew up on comics and i am a student only in high school but my father was a police officer and i aspire to be one as well i am a cross country and track runner and am also a wrestler i am taking jujitsu over the summers and also plan to study many other fighting styles later on. i work out every day sometime up to 4 hours when i am going to get a job during the summer as a life guard at a local pool i am an excellent swimmer and would like to learn cpr when i get out of high school i am going to study criminal justice in college while also working as a volunteer fire fighter seeing as how i will not yet be old enough to join the police academy. when i think i am ready i will join and use all of my skills to become a hero.

kyrees

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@neil_simperson: kid, there are people far more trained in you and won't even consider doing what comicbook heroes do because they realize that superhero business is easier said than done. no amount of training won't save your broken body due thru injuries or death coming from people who are more likely to kill you in one wrong move.

you want to be a help in your community ? join the police, be a fire fighter, do something that would inspire your community through positive reinforcement. hero stuff like those in the comics should be left in the comics.

PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Because they don't get PIS.

Avatar image for worlds_only_dc_fan
Worlds_only_DC_fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If Superheros that were actually efficient and supplied with equipment and training from the military they would not only be better than a police force but an Idol to the citizens of your country. The world is in need of Superheros, but none have tried their hardest at it.

kyrees

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@worlds_only_dc_fan: i'd laugh at the concept that better equipment and training on superheroes in the real world would cause them to be idolized and be better than a police force. no amount of training or equipment will save your body from injuries and death. no amount of training or equipment will save you from elements that will string you up as an example for messing with their business. no amount of public popularity and idolization will save your loved one's grief if they lose you. no amount of public popularity and idolization will save your loved ones if the elements that would love you dead decides to take it on them.

the world doesn't need superheroes. it needs men and women who know how to fight within their limits and with the help of others.

Cream_God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes, on Stan Lees youtube channel he does a show about them :/ also one of the most popular real life heroes (name golden Phoenix I think?) got arrested for overdoing it I think

PeppeyHare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

The chances of somebody having the money and resources, and the willpower/motivation to become a superhero is like one in a billion. Also the police and government would probably come down on them hard

Skyfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There's no plot to protect them. If someone set out to end organized crime they'd be killed pretty quickly.

Even just patrolling streets would be a waste. The odds of you actually encountering a crime would be minimal at best, and again there's no plot so it's likely they'll just end up with a knife in the neck or something. No matter how good a fighter you are, realistically any more than 3 attackers would be to much.

Avatar image for worlds_only_dc_fan
Worlds_only_DC_fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ishkafel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I remember that one guy Phoenix Jones, the man also has experience doing MMA.

kyrees

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By kyrees

@worlds_only_dc_fan: optimism isn't useful when dealing with people on the other side of the law. do you really expect one-time criminals, hardened criminals and career criminals deal niceties with a superhero ? do you expect the superhero to win always ? we are in the real world . one wrong move and you end up six feet below the ground at worst

Jonez_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There are tons of them, you just don't hear about them cause they don't fight crime. They do lame stuff like environmental clean up and helping the homeless (the latter is really awesome, but still lame)

Plus I love how the OP says becoming peak human is easy. You will NOT turn into Batman with few years of martial arts. You won't even come close.

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well for one you would probably be shot or beaten up. Even with training you can't win a fight against a large group of people realistically. Also it would be very hard to run into a mugging or something going on. Its very unlikely. It just wouldn't work. Also how would you get around? You can't just walk down the street and it is near impossible to travel solely by rooftop. And I'm sure people have tried but realized its a stupid idea and quit.

CuddleBear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lots of negative nancys on here. I think it is a fair point he makes about people being inspired to be pimps or drug dealers from rap or scarface and, obviously a pursuit or material things and power. I hope that some kid on the south side of chicago is inspired to be Rorschach, god knows they could use it. Soldiers, cops and fireman can't be the answer to everything vigilantes are needed.so i think "where are they?" is a legitimate question. I don't see why there isn't someone just as willing to risk jail, as criminals are, for what they believe in. Perhaps it's the morality of the kind of people that would consider that keeps them from it. If you are out there Rorschach GO GET EM!!!