Why has DC Rebirth become so bad?

Mister_Surreal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Mister_Surreal

Is it just me or have the quality of DC Rebirth books as a whole really gone south. While I normally love DC’s stories, they have for the majority of the time felt very boring and lacking as a whole not including very few books. A lot of the stories feel bland or poorly written, not something that DC comics is known for. The only good material I have seen recently are Green Lantern Corps, Aquaman, Doomsday Clock And The Terrifics books. I have no idea if I’m seeing this is a wrong light or if DC has been off its game. What do you think?

Avatar image for christianrapper
christianrapper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They are kind of epic to me.

Avatar image for firestarlord73194
FireStarLord73194

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Some books are stagnating... not sure why.

DeadpoolUchiha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superman was boring since the start of rebirth and the reboot was a bad idea from the start as marvel has never rebooted. All they had to do was make new interesting stories instead of rebooting the entire universe.

Supermanthor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 20

Not bad but kinda meh

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6b913edbeeb
deactivated-5d6b913edbeeb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I am not sure whether all of the things that happened after Rebirth have been generic/bad or not. But I am having a good time with 'Tec and Deathstroke right now.

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By adamTRMM

Unfocused fan service can be only effective so much.

stormshadow_x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 22

#9 stormshadow_x  Online

Lol hate to agree but the above is right. Sure some books are noticeably worst but it has the same quality

Gracetrack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Gracetrack

All I know is that Snyder and Tynion's Justice League has been great and is still going strong.

Heatforce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Heatforce

Bendis....

Michaelbn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bendis....

This and shit stuffs that's been pulled around Batman and some generic versions of JL.

Red Hood, Deathstroke, Supersons, Flash and Green Lantern are exceptions.

Nucleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

GXrevs06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Too many convoluted cosmic/multiversal storylines. It is easy to get lost in these types of stories. Also, very inconsistent art. I am tired of of the art changing every 5 pages or every other issue. It makes it so jarring to read

Avatar image for supermanforever
Supermanforever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Supermanforever

@mister_surreal: Because Bendis sucks ass. Hate him so bad. Of all the people he got to write Superman. But overall its fine, not that bad.

Mister_Surreal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Mister_Surreal
Gaoron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

DC comics being milked so hard it got boring... nothing new tbh, same applies to Marvel but to a lesser extent since they didn't had dozens of reboots like DC.

Avatar image for manwhohaseverything
Manwhohaseverything

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

It's fine. Lots of good books. Trouble is 2 of the main characters have worse books now. King's Batman is nowhere near as good as Snyder's run in the New 52. And Bendis is undoing a ton of the great stuff Tomasi and Jurgens did with Superman. I was so sad to see Tomaasi go, he made Superman so cool. Now, the rest of the DC books I read are on par/even better than they were before. (Green Arrow, Wonder Woman, Detective, etc..) Thing is Marvel is much better now than it was a year ago. Spencer's ASM much better than Slotts. Slott went to the FF and is doing alright there, much to my surprise and delight, (though The Terrifics is still a better FF than the FF) I hope Chip Zadursky (sp?) gets a shot at the FF, his Marvel 2 in 1 was good stuff.

Tomkatie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Flash has gotten a lot better, Aquaman is still great, Shazam and Martian Manhunter are super intriguing imo

Avatar image for the_living_tribunal_24
The_living_tribunal_24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mister_surreal: because green lantern corps best rebirth series(fight me if you think otherwise) ended and we didn't even get to see soranik sinestro reunite with sinestro.

Batvibe12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

It's not bad, it's just not on the level as the beginning of Rebirth. This is highly due to editorial changes.

DeathandGrim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By DeathandGrim

Rebirth ended with the No Justice thing and then well it was a downhill decline after DKM. At this point I stopped reading DC and actually read non-big two imprints (mainly Image), indies, and X-Men. I didn't even finish the Tomasi & Gleason run on Superman because I knew Bendis was coming and didn't wanna waste my time lol

MAZAHS117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It certainly has lost its momentum that’s for sure. A lot of books I started when it began I’ve slowly dropped over the months. I’m invested enough to see where this thing ends with Doomsday Clock which I have been enjoying, and seems to be where the “REBIRTH” era will end. Unless something drastic grabs my attention it’s looking like I might have to pack it in once Johns finishes that arc...whenever the Hell that is

Au_141

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bendis and Tom King and whoever wrote that WW Arc with Grail and Darkseid are killing the Big Three. At least JL is a blast

Avatar image for adm1ralsnackbar
Adm1ralSnackbar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Adm1ralSnackbar

Because a relaunch will always be a gimmick. It doesnt help when the people responsible for the N52 are still mucking things up. Then they add in more idiots like Bendis and Tom King. Until we go back to the original Post Crisis verse, scrap the mediocre writers and their ideas, put Didio and Lee on a leash and stop using Watchmen scapegoats Rebirth is just gonna get worse.

Avatar image for thesmallvillefan12
TheSmallvillefan12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Superman is the only title to me that is really noticeably worse.

stormshadow_x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 22

#27 stormshadow_x  Online

People out here really think Post Crisis will fix their problems lmao

GXrevs06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By GXrevs06

Convoluted continuity and inconsistent art. It's so jarring reading a book and the art style changes every other page. Further, the continuity is all over the shop. One thing is canon one day, the next it has been retconned. Rince and repeat. It is why I have stated swaying more to manga in recent years. Consistent art and you can simply jump onto to chapter 1 without being bogged down by decades worth of history and continuity changes

Mailwam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Mailwam

Rebirth is great actually. The rebirth Superman is one of the best titles. It is highly rated and better than the New 52 solo Superman series ever was. I am really enjoying the old Superman without any youngster "attitude" with angst issues but has cheery personality while continuing his usual adventures on earth or in space, fighting for his family and friends which the New Earth Superman became about. The ones who can't see it is good are blind or biased in favour of New 52.

Tom King's Batman run is okay, but I won't call it great. Wonder Woman solo title is better than New 52. Lois Lane, Red Hood and the Outlaws, Super Sons are all good comics. Year of the Villain has been fun. You have to be blind to think Rebirth is bad, I won't say great because I haven't compared all comics, but nowhere near being bad. Plus, I don't get those who complain about Rebirth's art. That's the problem of particular artists and that of New 52 too wasn't always up to mark.

TifaLockhart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Have you tried JL of America and/or Teen Titans?

Avatar image for deactivated-5f08ae8f4ed63
deactivated-5f08ae8f4ed63

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Too much, Dark God/Magic God/Universal god threats, too much dark version of their characters, too much godly shit to be exact!

Avatar image for randybutternubs
RandyButterNubs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Rebirth JL was terrible.

Green_Tea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mailwam: Bendis isn’t doing any favours to the Superman family

omega_king13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I feel it’s not just DC but Marvel as well. Last year I was enjoying reading Red hood and the outlaws, Batman, detective comics, Nightwing, Thor, Spiderman, old man Logan, avengers, and so many others. But now I feel like I have to force myself to read them, the quality just isn’t there for me anymore the only one I still enjoy reading is Doomsday Clock . It seems that American comics lack that special something that made them special.

The_Kidd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It was never great to begin with, nostalgia had y'all blinded.

Avatar image for deactivated-5eb3c213afb6d
deactivated-5eb3c213afb6d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

DC's been doing extraordinary with their villains.

jb681131

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_kidd said:

It was never great to begin with, nostalgia had y'all blinded.

Wrong. There was lots of fantastic stuff:

• Hal Jordan and the Green Lantern Corps
  • Super Sons
  • New Superman
  • Red Hood and The Outlaws
  • Aquaman
  • Green Arrow
  • Deathstroke
Avatar image for donotdenyyourfate
Donotdenyyourfate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Too much, Dark God/Magic God/Universal god threats, too much dark version of their characters, too much godly shit to be exact!

This

And all happening at once but somehow they don't acknowledge each other to try and make sense of what is going on in the multiverse