Why Doesn't Anyone Recognize That Superman and Lois Lane Are Different People?

OkRaider88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By OkRaider88

Ever since Rebirth, I've been asking this question over and over. Every time I read a page of Action Comics, Superman, (now) Superwoman, and even Batman, I am left scratching my head at the mind-numbing stupidity that I am reading. People that personally knew N52 Clark and Lois should be able to easily recognize that the Post-Crisis Superman and Lois are older version of their universe's Lois and Clark. But somehow, they don't, even in the least bit. The so called "new" Clark Kent, is a dead ringer for the "new" Superman, rather than the "old" Superman, and people are buying that he's THEIR (N52) Clark??? If I suddenly aged 10 years, every person I know would notice - or wouldn't believe it's me at first. I get that Rebirth is a Reset/Retcon, but this makes every character that knew Superman look like an absolute moron. Worse yet, they are treating readers like absolute morons too, expecting us to fail to notice this glaring problem. It kills any sense of immersion in the stories.

Project_Worm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

@OkRaider88: What? There's two of each. No one is mistaking New 52 Lois for Old Lois because no one knows there's even an old Lois. They didn't replace them. Batman and Wonderwoman know it's a new Superman and Lois and Clark don't live in metropolis they live in a farm with their son.

TheVivas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Rebirth isn't a Retcon. LOl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By AvatarReiko

@OkRaider88: They didn't replace them.

Actually, that's exactly whats happening in action comics. Pre-52 Lois has replaced 52 Lois at the daily planet and no one has noticed

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Because "rebirth", "legacy", "hope"!!!!!!!

lmao

OkRaider88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By OkRaider88

@project_worm -

@avatarreiko said:
@project_worm said:

@OkRaider88: They didn't replace them.

Actually, that's exactly whats happening in action comics. Pre-52 Lois has replaced 52 Lois at the daily planet and no one has noticed

They replaced them buddy. So far, the new doppelganger Clark has somehow convinced everyone who knew the younger N52 Clark that he is the real Clark Kent - and that he was never Superman. They even let this guy have N52 Clark's old job. Jimmy Olsen, who was N52 Clark's best friend, is going along with it. This new Clark is older than Jimmy, and yet Jimmy doesn't seem to notice or care? WTF?!?!? I'd laugh this off as a lame joke, except that DC is actually expecting us to take this seriously.

Oh, and Post-Crisis Lois Lane has replaced N52 Lois Lane in Action Comics #965. She just waltzed into the Daily Planet offices and everyone stated that she cut her hair and changed the color... but nobody noticed that she AGED an entire decade as well?!?!? The silliest part of Action 965 is that even Post-Crisis Superman acts like he's a dead ringer for N52 Superman. The doppelganger Clark looks like Post-Crisis Clark, not N52 Clark - and even Post-Crisis Clark is pondering if this could be a resurrected N52 Clark.

The whole storyline is preposterous - but it gives me some measure of comfort to know that I'm not the only one who sees through this farce. It's a big, steaming, pile of fly-covered manure, served up on a sesame seed bun. No matter how much you want to like it... the Superman books are a $**t sandwich.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d731ee5de2e9
deactivated-5d731ee5de2e9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@OkRaider88: dude....do u even read? There's a human clark kent, the n52 superman is dead nd then there is the old one. They never replaced anyone

OkRaider88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By OkRaider88

@DammeFavour: Are you serious?

You read my post, and you think that I don't know that there is a doppelganger human Clark Kent running around, who is not Post-Crisis Clark, OR the N52 Clark? What? Wow. Please read my post again... and then re-read it again if you still believe that I haven't read Action Comics, or Superman comics. @DammeFavour, DC's Writers/Editors are literally replacing the dead New 52 Superman and New 52 Lois Lane with their Post-Crisis counterparts. The Post-Crisis Superman and Lois Lane are now the sole Earth-1 Superman and Lois Lane - due to the recent deaths of both New 52 characters. Doppelganger human Clark is a mystery, and a plot thread in Action Comics.

I am pointing out that none of New 52 Superman's close friends and co-workers, who knew New 52 Clark as a younger man, are acting like they don't recognize that the Post-Crisis Superman, and the doppelganger Clark Kent , don't look anything like New 52 Superman/Clark. N52 Supes/Clark is younger - for starters - and people don't seem to remember that. Batman and Wonder-Woman knows that Post-Crisis Superman isn't New 52 Supes/Clark because they witnessed New 52 Superman's death. But that doesn't excuse the rest of N52 Clark's inner circle for mistaking this older version of Superman for the N52 Superman.

It's stupid, stupid, stupid. It's beyond stupid. People in the story who don't notice this are being written as stupid. Readers who haven't noticed are either brand new, and never read New 52 Superman titles, or are themselves as stupid as the characters Jimmy Olsen, Perry White, Lex Luthor, etc, etc.

Do you get my point now?

Jgames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

Meh why doesn't anybody notice that Clark is just superman when his disguise is a pair of glasses. Is a god damn comic book.

OkRaider88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jgames: Point taken. But the glasses thing was an idea from the freaking "Golden Age", when 5-10 year olds were the majority of comics consumers.

Ok, I said my peace. I think the New 52 had some innovative ideas, like Clark Kent being outed as Superman globally. Rebirth should have been called "Do Over" - which I don't mind, but I wish they put the Superman saga back together a little more intelligently. It's really hard to read right now.

chuckwolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

New 52 isn't a reboot of the mainstream DC universe it's an imaginary universe... all the heroes still exist in the real one.

OkRaider88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@chuckwolf: Is that real, or another "fan theory"? I thought the New 52 was the result of the Flashpoint crossover, and Rebirth is how the DCU is being restored to its pre-52 status (mostly).