Why does people try to make Jean and Scott realtionship so big?

Djinn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Djinn

I understand they lvoe each other btu how powerful is their relationship if he cheated on her and moved on to Emma so quickly after her death. There are other realtionships within marvel that are much bigger than theirs.

pixelized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2  Edited By pixelized

I think people are accustomed to seeing them attached to one another, so for them to no longer be together, it's hard for some to swallow.

xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 22

#3  Edited By xerox_kitty

The 'affair' he had with Emma wasn't so straight forward.  He had specifically stated that they were never to do anything physical, although telepathicallly cheating on your telepathic wife isn't exactly within the terms of his wedding vows.  But to be fair, he didn't casually jump into bed with Emma as soon as Jean was dead & buried.  Jean/Phoenix saw how the future was warped and gone wrong because Cyclops had given up on the school.  Emma wanted to keep the school going, but it was Cclops who rejected her.  Jean gave him the telepathic nudge towards Emma for the sake of mutantkind.

I can see why people are still hung up on Scott & Jean.  They were an item for over 30 years.  In the space of a couple of years under Grant Morrison's direction their marriage went from perfect & happy, to boring, stagnant and on the verge of divorce.  But the relationship with Emma has been pretty much set in concrete for about 10 years.  It's time to let Jean go & move on.

Presumably when Jean comes back to life (and she will eventually), she'll just hook up with Logan instead :p
Korg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#4  Edited By Korg
They were together for like 30 years. People got used to it. They got married, had a psychic rapport that was unlike any other in Marvel U, etc. In short, it was big.
xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By xerox_kitty

To be honest, I'm still sad they didn't get their 'happily ever after', but this is comics... no-one gets a happy ending in Marvel.

pixelized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By pixelized
@xerox-kitty said:
" To be honest, I'm still sad they didn't get their 'happily ever after', but this is comics... no-one gets a happy ending in Marvel. "
The High School Sweethearts that continued dating after and ended up with a huge house and perfect kids. lol... makes you swoon just thinking about it.
Djinn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Djinn

they were big but theirs others such as black bolt and medusa or black panther and storm, who didnt cheat on each other but i hear more about jean and scott

pixelized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By pixelized
@Djinn said:
" they were big but theirs others such as black bolt and medusa or black panther and storm, who didnt cheat on each other but i hear more about jean and scott "
The Inhumans aren't as well known as Scott & Jean... Storm and Black Panther are still relatively newly weds.
Korg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Korg
@Djinn said: 
" they were big but theirs others such as black bolt and medusa or black panther and storm, who didnt cheat on each other but i hear more about jean and scott "
...really? Are you talking about on the forums, or in comics?
Djinn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Djinn
@Korg: Both, anything n forums about relationships are about jean and scott and in comics the writers describe their relationship like its so special
Korg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Korg

It was special. They formed a bond when they were teenagers that was unlike any other in Marvel history. Their psychic rapport was something pretty unique, and something noticeably absent from Scott's relationship with Emma. As for comics, I find it hard to believe that you hear more about Jean and Scott than BP and Storm, or Black Bolt and Medusa, unless you are reading only old issues of X-Men. War of Kings features Medusa and Black Bolt pretty heavily, as did their Secret Invasion mini. BP and Storm are the ones I hear the most about, and I don't even read BP.

Djinn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Djinn

when i say i hear more im talking about their relationship not just them, comics with jean and scott talk more about their relationship than comics with black bolt and medusa does.

Korg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Korg

I don't know that I'd agree with that. Most Inhumans stories in the past decade at least have centered heavily on Black Bolt and Medusa's relationship.

Djinn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Djinn

when i say i hear more im talking about their relationship not just them, comics with jean and scott talk more about their relationship than comics with black bolt and medusa does.

Avatar image for donovan_montgomery
Donovan Montgomery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 17

To me the only other relationships that are on par with Scott and Jean are Reed and Sue and Peter and Mary Jane.  I think the only one still going is Reed and Sue. (of those three)
That's why it's such a big deal.  IMO

Stormultt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#16  Edited By Stormultt

*why do, and idk really dont care either

Sirnoobsalot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Sirnoobsalot

Because it was.

xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By xerox_kitty
@Donovan Montgomery said:
" To me the only other relationships that are on par with Scott and Jean are Reed and Sue and Peter and Mary Jane.  I think the only one still going is Reed and Sue. (of those three)That's why it's such a big deal.  IMO "
But Reed has had to deal with his wife jumping into the ocean at every opportunity to see Namor, and Peter couldn't handle being around MJ after House of M so they've separated.  It reinforces my 'no-one ever has a happily every after in comics' theory.
Akwa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Akwa
@xerox-kitty said:
"@Donovan Montgomery said:
" To me the only other relationships that are on par with Scott and Jean are Reed and Sue and Peter and Mary Jane.  I think the only one still going is Reed and Sue. (of those three)That's why it's such a big deal.  IMO "
But Reed has had to deal with his wife jumping into the ocean at every opportunity to see Namor, and Peter couldn't handle being around MJ after House of M so they've separated.  It reinforces my 'no-one ever has a happily every after in comics' theory.
"

Not to mention that Reed was a wife-beater.

No Caption Provided

xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By xerox_kitty
@Akwa: Youch!  Where'd that come from?!?