Why does MCU Scarlet Witch only have TK and TP?

• 57 results
tj849

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

No Caption Provided

AngelJax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

She's only been in two movies and still seems rather unaware of what she can truly do.

Thorthunder98

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Inexperienced with her powers

Avatar image for deactivated-5a89ca5697052
deactivated-5a89ca5697052

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@angeljax said:

She's only been in two movies and still seems rather unaware of what she can truly do.

The_Justiciar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Vertigo-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Chalk it up to experience.

uugieboogie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

She’s a newb

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#8 JediXMan  Moderator

Give it time. I think we'll see more.

She also did this... thing.

No Caption Provided

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

Because Fergie said something about magic not existing in the MCU?

TheDeathstroke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#10  Edited By TheDeathstroke
Avatar image for plotweapon16255
plotweapon16255

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Coz it's MCU.

tj849

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#13 JediXMan  Moderator

@tj849:

I meant the weird back step thing she does.

Avatar image for deactivated-6044a3a59a9f4
deactivated-6044a3a59a9f4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Because Fergie said something about magic not existing in the MCU?

LMAO true :)

anyway, its a typical MCU nerf.

tj849

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

RBT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By RBT

Coz it's MCU.

deltahuman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The witch's TP doesn't look like TP at all. It's more like hypnosis. She has to do some weird hand wavy things and then some kind of red energy engulfs her hand and she projects that into her victims. It's not depicted to be instantaneous like how they show Prof X's TP in Fox's Xmen movies. It's more like mind controlling and projecting illusions rather than mind reading. If she could really read and control minds like Prof X, many battles and casualties in the movies won't have happened at all. She could've just instantly stopped something like the Airport Battle.

Now waiting for some rabid fanboys to call it lowballing.

MAZAHS117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No idea. She has potential with what power she does have tho if written correctly

Avatar image for deactivated-5d731ee5de2e9
deactivated-5d731ee5de2e9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

because that's what MCU wanda has?

Gotoucanario

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Gotoucanario

And why didn't they get a different actress, awful casting choice.

tj849

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-5c24230b4a553
deactivated-5c24230b4a553

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think she's barely scraping the top of her potential with her powers.

Gotoucanario

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tj849: Looks like a typical movie american teenager, would've prefered a more "womanly" choice.

Stahlflamme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

Scarlet Witch has some of the least defined powersets in all of comics it was necessary to streamline it into something somewhat tangible. There is an unused scene in Civil War that describes it as reality warping by the way, which is/was/will have been what Scarlet Witch was doing in the comics could have have done/will done could have/whatever. As I said horribly undefined, altered, contradictory retcon overload power set.

The witch's TP doesn't look like TP at all. It's more like hypnosis. She has to do some weird hand wavy things and then some kind of red energy engulfs her hand and she projects that into her victims. It's not depicted to be instantaneous like how they show Prof X's TP in Fox's Xmen movies. It's more like mind controlling and projecting illusions rather than mind reading. If she could really read and control minds like Prof X, many battles and casualties in the movies won't have happened at all. She could've just instantly stopped something like the Airport Battle.

Now waiting for some rabid fanboys to call it lowballing.

The directors said the battle would have been over in seconds, if she was not afraid of her own powers.

Avatar image for deactivated-6044a3a59a9f4
deactivated-6044a3a59a9f4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The directors said the battle would have been over in seconds, if she was not afraid of her own powers.

really???

where did they said that???

deltahuman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By deltahuman

@stahlflamme: Didn't look like she was afraid of her powers to me when she pummeled Vision through multiple floors. She was gracefully fighting the Airport Battle, pulling down and throwing cars at people. Never in a moment did it look like she was afraid. And it's not just the airport battle I'm talking about. That was just an example. She could've done instant TP in many other occasions. The battle at Lagos. She could've single handedly stopped Crossbones and his goons. She could've stopped the Avengers instantly in AoU. Her TP isn't instantaneous mind reading and control like Prof X. Like I mentioned in my earlier post, I doubt its full fledged TP at all.

Also proof that Directors said something like that? Looks like you're bullshiting. Rather I remember the directors saying something like that about Vision. He could've stopped team Cap if he'd directly intervened offensively.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deltahuman: mariah hill explained it. also explains why the raft was able to restrain her with something like a shock collar

deltahuman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@DammeFavour: Yeah something mental manipulation something she's weird something. Honestly I only remember the she's weird part. That girl is a terrible actress. Just eye candy. Her eastern European accent is all over the place. And honestly what the hell is with her weird hand wavy thing. And why doesn't anyone call her a witch. Never heard anyone call her Scarlet Witch.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deltahuman: her accent disappeared mysteriously in civil war. Tony called her a witch when he was fighting hulk

deltahuman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@DammeFavour: Oh yeah. Subtle hints. Tony did call her a witch. And her accent, it's still there. she's toned down a bit, probably after her friends saw AoU and told her how ridiculous it sounded.

Regarding her powers, I think Russo's are saving her for Infinity War. Once Vision gets his ass handed back to him by Thanos or Black Order, she'll probbaly become unstable, insane and do something incredible. But not expecting much. Russos are good with Street Levelers. They've shown the full range of capabilities of Cap, Bucky, BP etc. They don't really handle high tiers well, evident from Civil War.

Battle123axe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

stormshadow_x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 22

Her normal powered is pretty complicated to the average person.

Might not even give her magic

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By adamTRMM

Imagine selling chaos magic and hex bolts to general audience. May as well bash the movie call it confusing and have a bad RT score. Unacceptable!

Lowest common denominator rule, on.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a84a212043e5
deactivated-5a84a212043e5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Because general audiences easily accept something like that.

Stahlflamme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@stahlflamme: Didn't look like she was afraid of her powers to me when she pummeled Vision through multiple floors. She was gracefully fighting the Airport Battle, pulling down and throwing cars at people. Never in a moment did it look like she was afraid. And it's not just the airport battle I'm talking about. That was just an example. She could've done instant TP in many other occasions. The battle at Lagos. She could've single handedly stopped Crossbones and his goons. She could've stopped the Avengers instantly in AoU. Her TP isn't instantaneous mind reading and control like Prof X. Like I mentioned in my earlier post, I doubt its full fledged TP at all.

Also proof that Directors said something like that? Looks like you're bullshiting. Rather I remember the directors saying something like that about Vision. He could've stopped team Cap if he'd directly intervened offensively.

“You know she could’ve stopped that fight at the airport in 5 seconds if she were at the peak of her powers, so it really has to do her character specifically going on a journey to understand what the limits of her powers are. She makes a mistake very early in the movie that sets her back, and we’ll get to see where she goes in Infinity War.” - Joe Russo

http://www.cbr.com/joe-russo-on-scarlet-witchs-evolution-through-civil-war-infinity-war/

Ergo she is weaker after she let what happened with Crossbones demoralize her.

So stay polite or keep your condescending trap shut if you talk to me in the future!

Necromancer76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TwentyGoodMen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Because budget maybe? Not every character can do what their comic counter parts can do and some just get simplified down

tj849

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

deltahuman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By deltahuman

@stahlflamme:

Are you blind?

Don't you bloody patronize me on politeness. I dont need lessons from cry babies and people who get triggered so easily. Asking for proof isn't being rude. The directors didn't mention anything about the witch using telepathy to stop the fight. She also didn't use TP at Lagos and in AoU offensively in the sequences like I mentioned earlier.

Keep your whiny ass out if you're gonna reply to me in the future. I don't like to respond to Moody kids.

TwentyGoodMen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By TwentyGoodMen

@tj849: Can you tell me how you think a film's budget works? And how much you can do with 200-250 million? Thy sounds a lot and it is but I don't think you realize you can't do anything you want with it. Genuinely curious, as they cannot show every one of her powers or every one's powers to their fullest extent hence why people are nerfed- Thor in his solo films is more impressive than in Avengers films, furthermore they have to cater for different things and split the money across the board

tj849

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By tj849

@twentygoodmen: yes i know the production team, marketing/distribution, props, costume etc. all collerate. But an MCU Film who is also with Disney as well. Also apparently Infinity wars budget is 1 billion... They can do a SHIT TON with that. You cant tell me they dont have enough money to show more of Wandas powers with 1 bill budget lol

TwentyGoodMen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By TwentyGoodMen

@tj849: Yeah we're not talking about Infinity War, you've asked why they haven't shown it so far and it doesn't matter if they're with Disney since they've still been given a fixed budget for the previous films

tj849

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@twentygoodmen: So you're telling me they cant go more into Wandas powers because of their budget , when they had Dr Strange released in the same year which had a budget of 165 million and some of the visuals/cg/magic etc. could've at least experimented for Wanda... Not buying "because they didnt have enough money" im afraid.

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79
deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Because she sucks...I hope she gets shot full of holes like her brother too

Avatar image for deactivated-5b2121a0a9a00
deactivated-5b2121a0a9a00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

She's not experienced.

TwentyGoodMen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tj849: My god...165 with one guy as the main protagonist

tj849

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

tj849

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@farkam said:

Because she sucks...I hope she gets shot full of holes like her brother too

Extreme

WastelandMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Like others stated, inexperience. She was the exact same way in the comics for many years when she first started having no idea how her powers really worked until she received extensive mystic training. The same might happen in the MCU as well but with Dr. Strange training her.

Stahlflamme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Stahlflamme

@deltahuman: then ask for proof but you immediately claimed I lied. Bullshitting is not a word you use in a regular conversation it just betrays you as the insecure pathetic human being you are. Someone so insecure he needs to scream at everyone that could possibly disagree with him on a fictional thing. If your thirdgrade reading comprehension is not enough to realize I never claimed she would use telepathy I said the fight would be over in seconds and that the director saod that. He did. The fact that you are now changing the argument sp you can somehow pretend you're right once more just betrays your insecurity. The fact that you have zero accomplishments in your life and think that debates about fictional characters are e only place you feel like your worth something, which is why you try so hard to be condescending and aggressive whem someone could even remotely disagree with you.

Stay polite or shut up. Because I'm not going to be insulted over some baseless internet discussion I only take part in for my own enjoyment. The fact that you can only feel accomplishment here, because your such a failure in real life is not my problem.