Why do you think Agents of SHIELD will/will not appear in Captain Marvel or End Game?

cat-like24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Basically as the question asks.

cat-like24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By cat-like24

Now that I think about it, budgeting issues is probably one of the big reasons. Adding in extra characters after having to pay RDJ and the remaining/OG Avengers along with having to pay for all kinds of production values will cost looot of money.

cat-like24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By cat-like24
Avatar image for deactivated-5c4a3e087afc2
deactivated-5c4a3e087afc2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There's no room other than for a cameo, would be enough for some fans, but the logistics probably make it difficult to pull off. Plus they would need to fit the story.

I'm perfectly fine with a May name-drop/cameo in CM, or a Quake cameo in Endgame, but it's not likely to happen.

cat-like24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By cat-like24

@dardan: Oh CM is Captain Marvel!

And I agree with the part where it would be hard to fit with the story. If they're introduced, then they'd have to be expanded upon in the story (character development-wise and for why they are important).

RisingBean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I stalled out on AoS early season 2. I really need to pick it back up. As to the question. I don't think AoS will be shown based on timeframe in Captain Marvel, and Endgame? No clue. With Fury dead does anybody even know about their existence?

Pokeysteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

Both companies keep their big and small screen characters separate and always have. I think it's a mistake. Imagine what's its going to be like for the first company that does that.

fabricolage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They'd probably do name drops or something, or maybe have Coulsin make a cameo without much explaining at best. They probably won't make references. Dunno though, didn't really see the show itself.

cat-like24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fabricolage: Name drops would be awesome. Why do you think the snap did not affect the SHIELD members in the show?

@risingbean: I think I stalled out at early Season 3, but yeah why do you think the snap did not affect the SHIELD members in the show?

Both companies keep their big and small screen characters separate and always have. I think it's a mistake. Imagine what's its going to be like for the first company that does that.

That's very true, Marvel should be the first to do it though imo, I think they could pull it off even if very little people could. Why do you think the snap did not affect the SHIELD members in the show?

Kevd4wg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Kevd4wg

Cuz Fiege

fabricolage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fabricolage: Name drops would be awesome. Why do you think the snap did not affect the SHIELD members in the show?

Eh, not to ruin expectations, I would expect it to not matter. I've only seen clips of the show and the Graviton character only said he was going to fight Thanos, but didn't because he fought Quake. I just doubt things will matter or will be made into a big deal if anything.

RisingBean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@risingbean: I think I stalled out at early Season 3, but yeah why do you think the snap did not affect the SHIELD members in the show?

In universe? Luck.

Meta reasoning? B/c the show is pushing it's own narrative, and is only tenuously connected to the larger MCU.

cat-like24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for blackspidey2099
blackspidey2099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Alavanka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Alavanka

Russos basically confirmed that they won't put AoS or Netflix characters in Endgame. Said something about it being too much to ask for the audience to care about characters they've never seen before. It's funny, because AoS and Netflix series are technically lower on the canon spectrum than the tie-in comics. XD

RisingBean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cat-like24: No, I'm referring to the work itself and how it works in the real world. In universe we have x reason for something, while in the real world it might be because an actor got fired or whatnot.

Pokeysteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

@cat-like24:

I think AoS and the Netflix shows would have had a helluva time with plots to encompass the snap.

I don't think either company deserves to be the first more. Marvel is better set up for it currently. I believe DC could pull it off better.

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By rogueshadow  Moderator

For one, the show has been around for over five years now with no real crossover from TV to film, so why would it start now? Post S2 any connection pretty much died, and TV shows have always danced around the events of the movies. This was the time (2015) when Feige and Marvel Studios split from Marvel Entertainment/Perlmutter due to Perlmutter's tight-fisted, racist and sexist ways. They are completely separate studios at this point.

Since then the show stopped the Fury and Sif cameos, and Perlmutter's pet project, Inhumans, was cancelled by Feige and replaced with what we saw on ABC.

With AoS, there's also a lot of baggage from a world-building perspective. If you officially acknowledge it as canon, you've then got to acknowledge the Inhuman outbreak, Hive as the founder of Hydra, the idea that SHIELD returned under Director Mace etc. It's not as simple as introducing characters like Spider-Man or Daredevil.

AoS would change the landscape of the MCU in ways Feige might not want, he's very particular about his world-building, which is why he's been so successful.

buildhare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Coulson will show up and they'll decanonize or ignore the rest.

Magian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#20  Edited By Magian

Yeah, not happening. MCU TV and movies have always been two separate things and it has been stated by Feige in the past I think that there won't be any crossovers.

cat-like24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cat-like24: No, I'm referring to the work itself and how it works in the real world. In universe we have x reason for something, while in the real world it might be because an actor got fired or whatnot.

I see, so what does the word meta itself mean?

@cat-like24:

I think AoS and the Netflix shows would have had a helluva time with plots to encompass the snap.

I don't think either company deserves to be the first more. Marvel is better set up for it currently. I believe DC could pull it off better.

Yes, you're right.

Avatar image for marvelanddcfan24
MarvelandDCfan24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The tv shows dont exist in the movies but the movies exist in the tv shows if that makes any sense