• 85 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by ManlykVJ (63 posts) - - Show Bio

Hulk is the strongest avenger without a doubt. Most people are aware of his capabilities, and there has been comics that have shown amazing feats, yet all we see in the MCU is hulk bashing up a few human-like enemies, and pipsqueeks. Why do they not show him in WBH? Why don't they show how he, for example, pulled 200 Quintillion tonnes (to hold a planet together) on each arm? Why not show him lifting a star and instead letting him get KO'd by someone that's street-level, like IRONMAN WTF WAS THAT!?

Avatar image for thelastdragonborn
#2 Posted by TheLastDragonborn (2047 posts) - - Show Bio

@manlykvj: He needs a sorely needed buff but not to that extreme

#3 Posted by Saberscar223 (1486 posts) - - Show Bio

The dudes only appeared in like 3 movies calm down

#4 Posted by kgb725 (15142 posts) - - Show Bio

Because most film makers aren't writing for the battle forums. Also we don't know how strong he is exactly

Avatar image for marvelanddcfan24
#5 Posted by MarvelandDCfan24 (1288 posts) - - Show Bio

Look at thor he's strong but a street leveler in the movies basically minus 1 feat

#6 Posted by Transformaa (872 posts) - - Show Bio

Hulk should be the strongest in the mcu..but obviously they have other plans for him..being a punching bag for Ironman and Thor

#7 Posted by kgb725 (15142 posts) - - Show Bio
#8 Posted by kgb725 (15142 posts) - - Show Bio
#9 Posted by MarvelandDCfan24 (1288 posts) - - Show Bio

@kgb725: comparing MCU thor to comic thor he's basically a street leveler

#10 Posted by StormShadow_X (12631 posts) - - Show Bio

Thats not how debuff really works but whatever.

#11 Posted by cfrehse (2665 posts) - - Show Bio

He is the strongest avenger pretty clearly imo

#12 Posted by kgb725 (15142 posts) - - Show Bio
#13 Posted by MainJP (1661 posts) - - Show Bio

This. Should've waited for Ragnarok before making this, he could get better feats.

#14 Posted by MarvelandDCfan24 (1288 posts) - - Show Bio

@kgb725: no but look at his solo films and the avenger ones his very weak the fight with Kurse is a prime example should have been wat better but sucked

#15 Posted by kgb725 (15142 posts) - - Show Bio

@marvelanddcfan24: He s bulletproof and was completely decimating Jotunheim with ease

#16 Posted by MarvelandDCfan24 (1288 posts) - - Show Bio

@kgb725: man handled by hulk ......

#17 Posted by CitizenAmerica (53 posts) - - Show Bio

Every single character gets nerfed.

#18 Posted by Agent9149 (3622 posts) - - Show Bio

It's a movie. You can't have over powered characters or it will be boring. They need to struggle.

#19 Posted by kgb725 (15142 posts) - - Show Bio
#20 Posted by MarvelandDCfan24 (1288 posts) - - Show Bio

@kgb725: alright that's true but I bet you 9/10 ppl will say Thor is nerfed

#21 Posted by kgb725 (15142 posts) - - Show Bio

@marvelanddcfan24: So is every other character lol. He doesn't have any high end feats but he doesn't have anything to lowball him with

#22 Edited by PeterParkerJr (6710 posts) - - Show Bio

@agent9149 said:

It's a movie. You can't have over powered characters or it will be boring. They need to struggle.

I don't know, a few of the X-Men movie characters are pretty OP.

#23 Posted by theCrazyBean (1434 posts) - - Show Bio

@peterparkerjr: "I don't know, a few of the X-Men movie characters are pretty OP."

You are right, but when you look back the best X-Men movies (Logan, X-Men 1 and 2, DoFP) had not that powerful characters. And the movies with the most powerful characters as Apocalypse and X-Men 3 were mediocre.

#24 Posted by Transformaa (872 posts) - - Show Bio

@kgb725: Ironman knocked him out and made him return back to banner!..Thor was beating him, while holding back..He would of ko'd hulk if he didn't jump off the plane

#25 Posted by theCrazyBean (1434 posts) - - Show Bio

@transformaa: there's context with Iron Man. Hulk was more calmed when Tony knocked him, and if you watch the fight again before they destroyed that elevator Tony used some kind of gas on hulk which probably weakened him. That plus he being more calmed made easier for IM to knock him out

#26 Posted by Mutant1230 (2343 posts) - - Show Bio

@agent9149 said:

I don't know, a few of the X-Men movie characters are pretty OP.

A few of them yes, but mostly just villains and Quicksilver. Cyclops, Wolverine, Storm, Iceman, and base Jean Grey don't have that many impressive feats.

#27 Edited by PeterParkerJr (6710 posts) - - Show Bio

@thecrazybean:

I think those movies, more specifically X2 and DOFP, had their fare share of OP characters and moments.

In X2, Jean held back a wall of water, while restarting and lifting the X-Jet, all the while using TP to speak through Xavier. Storm creating dozens of tornadoes and an Artic Blizzard.

DOFP had those ridiculously OP Sentinels, Quicksilver, and not to mention Mangeto lifting a stadium.

There's a few I'm leaving out too.

#28 Posted by kgb725 (15142 posts) - - Show Bio

@transformaa: Didn't the director even say he only knocked him out because he was coming out of a trance and was caught off guard ? He was manhandling Thor it wasn't even a contest

#29 Posted by Outside_85 (18065 posts) - - Show Bio

Because his comicbook levels are quite frankly ridiculous, especially when he has to work alongside people who are only human.

#30 Posted by nickzambuto (29271 posts) - - Show Bio

@manlykvj: You realize all of Hulk's insane comic feats are separated by spans of years or more. Don't let the Battle Forums fool you, they take the greatest 20 or so feats from characters who have ten thousand different appearances, and try to pass that stuff off as the basic level these characters are operating at.

Yeah, MCU Hulk got dropped by Iron Man, with a sucker punch, in a suit of armor designed specifically to drop Hulk. Did you know comic Hulk has been dropped by Captain America and Spider-Man combining their punches? Not every issue is 200 quadrillion tons or whatever.

#31 Posted by BruceRogers (9975 posts) - - Show Bio

@nickzambuto: That Spider man, Cap instance isnt a low showing. Its downright PIS.

Hulks 'battle forum' feats are pretty consistent for him.

Avatar image for deactivated-5967bf6197d40
#32 Posted by deactivated-5967bf6197d40 (2560 posts) - - Show Bio

Because most people don't care about the battle forums. I have no idea why this site in particular has such a hard time accepting that.

#34 Posted by ManlykVJ (63 posts) - - Show Bio

@hulkuberstomp: @agent9149:

2003, 2008, 2012, 2015, 2017. I count 5, minus the animated movies.

@mainjp said:
@saberscar223 said:

This. Should've waited for Ragnarok before making this, he could get better feats.

Good point but I'm making this in prep for that, hoping that they'll actually show what he's really capable of since he looks like WWH in the trailer.

Um, no... just buff the enemy too, silly. Have you seen Watchmen? Lol, is that boring for you? Tough crowd IMO.

Because his comicbook levels are quite frankly ridiculous, especially when he has to work alongside people who are only human.

Pretty much is the point of hulk... he's supposed to be the "strongest there is" not "the pussy that gets ko'd by a bloke in a metal suit"...

@manlykvj:

Yeah, MCU Hulk got dropped by Iron Man, with a sucker punch, in a suit of armor designed specifically to drop Hulk. Did you know comic Hulk has been dropped by Captain America and Spider-Man combining their punches? Not every issue is 200 quadrillion tons or whatever.

Quintillion* first of all. Hulks feats > all of avengers combined...

Cuz they are not that motherfucking stupid to make cbm character that rediculously strong.His power level is on that level on which it need to be to fit in MCU.

You sound so aggressive. They should buff whole of MCU then. Otherwise, it's just a rip-off of what they actually are. Don't you understand that they're making claims that each character can do whatever, and then don't show them doing it? come on..

#35 Edited by kyrees (13012 posts) - - Show Bio

@manlykvj said:

@agent9149 said:

Um, no... just buff the enemy too, silly. Have you seen Watchmen? Lol, is that boring for you? Tough crowd IMO.

@outside_85 said:

Pretty much is the point of hulk... he's supposed to be the "strongest there is" not "the pussy that gets ko'd by a bloke in a metal suit"...

using watchmen as an example doesn't prove anything. dr manhattan was the only mutant in a verse where he's the only mutant and he was essentially given the role of someone as a deterrent, not an actual force on any side. heck, he's practically the third force that decides the outcome of the story.

the movies don't emphasize "the strongest there is" nor they are going the route the comics did to hulk so why are you expecting that much ?

#36 Posted by Solid_Snake97 (8293 posts) - - Show Bio

Lmao there's no need for MCU Hulk to go WBH.

#37 Posted by ManlykVJ (63 posts) - - Show Bio

@kyrees: They claim In the comics hulk is "the strongest there is" but they've yet to show it in the MCU.

And dr.Manhattan is emphasized exaggerate etc, They call him a god several times and say that the vietnamese goons bowed to him... He created the new 52. He's like omnipotent, lol.

Lmao there's no need for MCU Hulk to go WBH.

Why? It would be a "holy shit" factor...

#38 Edited by kyrees (13012 posts) - - Show Bio

@manlykvj:why should they ? it's practically a new character. MCU can put him in any direction so why should they go with the absurd one ? to attract comic fans ? congratulation, you practically ignored non comic fans for that matter.

emphasize exaggerate ?! he is there to present metaphysical philosophy as a whole as evident with how his power turned him into something beyond human and how he questions a lot of things to it. also, why is the new retcon somehow relevant to the old movie then ?

why are you stubbornly using comic standards on movie characters ? they are two entirely different things and it's foolish to expect the other to follow suit because it only exaggerate things with no purpose.

#39 Posted by ManlykVJ (63 posts) - - Show Bio

@kyrees: It's not, why are you ignoring what I say that's a good point and nitpicking my words?

What is the movie based on? Marvel comics

What do they say in marvel comics? That hulk is the strongest there is

In real life, you may be quite antisocial IDK, people make claims, for example: "this tool is worth £50". Then it turns out to be worth £20. They're making claims and pretty much scamming people. The fact that you just said comics and movies (that are based off the fucking comics) settles it for me, you're in denial and being very ignorant.

Avatar image for ultra_supermanking
#40 Posted by Ultra_SupermanKing (1378 posts) - - Show Bio

Budget.

#41 Posted by Transformaa (872 posts) - - Show Bio

@kgb725: I don't know what the director said...But based on what I saw, the director wanted it to be known that hulk was Ironmans bitx&!..Why didn't the director just let him reverse back to banner on his own..?..no..He clearly wanted to show hulk getting bested by ironman..

#42 Edited by kyrees (13012 posts) - - Show Bio

@manlykvj said:

@kyrees: It's not, why are you ignoring what I say that's a good point and nitpicking my words?

In real life, you may be quite antisocial IDK, people make claims, for example: "this tool is worth £50". Then it turns out to be worth £20. They're making claims and pretty much scamming people. The fact that you just said comics and movies (that are based off the fucking comics) settles it for me, you're in denial and being very ignorant.

the movies maybe based on the comic but they are not copying it as whole and they are making a lot of changes so why are you still expecting comic standards on a movie ?! heck, MCU is pretty much another universe in the marvel multiverse so why are you still expecting 616 thing stuff (the actual number of main comic marvel verse) to 199999 (MCU's universe number). they pretty much established a different environment for the movies so why are you so intent on expecting the same things again ?

marvel never claimed anything on the movies, it's people like you expecting the same things too much. i fail to see how much i'm in denial when marvel as a whole doesn't do the exact same things on their different universes. do you see the exact same thing on the ultimate marvel verse from the main marvel verse ?

#43 Posted by Chris-Sama (2427 posts) - - Show Bio

Only thing I could think is to keep it somewhat grounded/more realistic

They don't make these movies with comicvine in mind, remember that.

#44 Posted by ManlykVJ (63 posts) - - Show Bio

@transformaa: Exactly, which is stupid af because hulk would just one shot him.

@kyrees said:
@manlykvj said:

the movies maybe based on the comic but they are not copying it as whole and they are making a lot of changes so why are you still expecting comic standards on a movie ?! heck, MCU is pretty much another universe in the marvel multiverse so why are you still expecting 616 thing stuff (the actual number of main comic marvel verse) to 199999 (MCU's universe number). they pretty much established a different environment for the movies so why are you so intent on expecting the same things again ?

marvel never claimed anything on the movies, it's people like you expecting the same things too much. i fail to see how much i'm in denial when marvel as a whole doesn't the same things on their different universe. do you see the exact same thing on the ultimate marvel verse from the main marvel verse ?

This is exactly my flipping point. They never claimed ANYTHING, which means that people who watch the movies are tricked into thinking that Iron Man is stronger than hulk for example. That's bullshit.

You didn't make too much sense here. Read through your replies before spewing your rubbish.

Every character in the MCU has come from the Marvel Comics, therefore, so should the attributes. You're in denial because you're saying that Marvel is pretty much... not marvel. To repeat: do you even read what you say?

You've already lost this argument, stop.

#45 Edited by kyrees (13012 posts) - - Show Bio

@manlykvj said:

This is exactly my flipping point. They never claimed ANYTHING, which means that people who watch the movies are tricked into thinking that Iron Man is stronger than hulk for example. That's bullshit.

You didn't make too much sense here. Read through your replies before spewing your rubbish.

Every character in the MCU has come from the Marvel Comics, therefore, so should the attributes. You're in denial because you're saying that Marvel is pretty much... not marvel. To repeat: do you even read what you say?

so it basically boils down to battle forum madness where a character should be that or not ? newflash, the average moviegoer is going to watch these movies with zero background on where they came from and they are not going to a forum to argue how A character is stronger than B character which you are practically doing right now.

i''ve lost my argument when you are practically more concerned on how strong a character's portrayal, not on how the story unfolds ? have you been spending too much time on the battle forums then because only someone like that cares on power levels, not on another take of that character ?

please stop telling me i'm rubbish when you're the one burying yourself in that with your insistence on the movies being so accurate to the main material when marvel has established a separate universe just for the movies. heck, marvel certainly has multiple universes in it so why can't the movie version have their own version ?!

#46 Posted by ManlykVJ (63 posts) - - Show Bio

@kyrees said:
@manlykvj said:

(1) so it basically boils down to battle forum madness where a character should be that or not ? newflash, the average moviegoer is going to watch these movies with zero background on where they came from and they are not going to a forum to argue how A character is stronger than B character which you are practically doing right now.

(2) i''ve lost my argument when you are practically more concerned on how strong a character's portrayal, not on how the story unfolds ? have you been spending too much time on the battle forums then because only someone like that cares on power levels , not on another take of that character ?

(3) please stop telling me i'm rubbish when you're the one burying yourself in that with your insistence on being so accurate to the main material when marvel has established a separate universe just for the movies.

1. Omfg i've just said this... you're not paying attention. The average moviegoer will see these movies with zero background, yes, therefore when ironman is portrayed to be stronger than hulk which he is most definately NOT, then the MCU is basically LYING to the audience. Do you want to spell it out for you?

L

Y

I

N

G

T

O

T

H

E

A

U

D

I

E

N

C

E

Got it, Einstein?

2. Yes, I am concerned about the nerfed portrayal of all characters in the MCU, which was the first thing I pretty much said on this thread, Sherlock.

3. You're talking about a seperate universe, however everything is the same apart from the abilities of the characters, and since the MCU is based off characters from 616, then the fucking attributes should be the same. It's so simple. If you disagree, then go away. You can't change my opinion if that's what you're trying to achieve. Many other people feel the same.

#47 Edited by kyrees (13012 posts) - - Show Bio

@manlykvj said:

1. Omfg i've just said this... you're not paying attention. The average moviegoer will see these movies with zero background, yes, therefore when ironman is portrayed to be stronger than hulk which he is most definately NOT, then the MCU is basically LYING to the audience. Do you want to spell it out for you?

L

Y

I

N

G

T

O

T

H

E

A

U

D

I

E

N

C

E

Got it, Einstein?

2. Yes, I am concerned about the nerfed portrayal of all characters in the MCU, which was the first thing I pretty much said on this thread, Sherlock.

3. You're talking about a seperate universe, however everything is the same apart from the abilities of the characters, and since the MCU is based off characters from 616, then the fucking attributes should be the same. It's so simple. If you disagree, then go away. You can't change my opinion if that's what you're trying to achieve. Many other people feel the same.

MCU is not lying to the audience when:

a: in their own verse which is number earth 19999, ironman is somehow a match to hulk

b. MCU is labeled earth-19999 not earth 616.

(if you don't believe it, here's the google search on earth 19999)

https://www.google.com.ph/search?q=earth-19999&oq=earth-19999+&aqs=chrome..69i57j0l4j69i60.3662j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

c. marvel has multiple earths that are separated by numbers (616, 1610, 19999, 10011, 12041, etc)

this is not lying to the audience, this is another take on a character like what they always do in comics. why is it when it's shown on another media, it's a different story ?!

your concern over other universe counterparts is unwarranted. the movies are such merely another universe to marvel multiverse.

i feel more strongly opinionated here given you practically don't know the existence of this separate universe of marvel and how you are practically saying the movies are of 616 continuity or of any comic marvel verse to it and a lot of people should know that as well.

one note do, if you don't accept the existence of this universe in the marvel multiverse, you might as well question the dc movies for being practically on the same vein in terms of another take to main counterparts.

#48 Posted by ManlykVJ (63 posts) - - Show Bio
@kyrees said:
@manlykvj said:

L

Y

I

N

G

T

O

T

H

E

A

U

D

I

E

N

C

E

Got it, Einstein?

MCU is not lying to the audience when:

a: in their own verse which is number earth 19999, ironman is somehow a match to hulk

b. MCU is labeled earth-199999 not earth 616.

(if you don't believe it, here's the a google search on earth 19999)

https://www.google.com.ph/search?q=earth-19999&oq=earth-19999+&aqs=chrome..69i57j0l4j69i60.3662j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

c. marvel has multiple earths that are separated by numbers (616, 1610, 19999, 10011, 12041, etc)

this is not lying to the audience, this is another take on a character like what they always do in comics. why is it when it's shown on another media, it's a different story ?!

your concern over other universe counterparts is unwarranted. the movies are such merely another universe to marvel multiverse.

i feel more strongly opinionated here given you practically don't know the existence of this separate universe of marvel and how you are practically saying the movies are of 616 continuity or of any comic marvel verse to it and a lot of people should know that as well.

Last thing i'm gonna say to you.

whatever universe you say this is, may it be or not be true, i don't care, but either way, it represents marvel and by representing marvel it represents marvel's characters. Therefore, they're in one universe saying that someone like hulk is street level whereas in another he can bust planets with ease, stomp watchers with punches etc.

616 is what marvel is. There would be no MCU if 616 was not invented, therefore by changing this shit around they're not sticking to their roots. That's what's annoying

Oh and one more thing, do you work for marvel and/or make any of the movies? No? so why are you talking/arguing?

Bye.

#49 Edited by kyrees (13012 posts) - - Show Bio

@manlykvj said:

Last thing i'm gonna say to you.

whatever universe you say this is, may it be or not be true, i don't care, but either way, it represents marvel and by representing marvel it represents marvel's characters. Therefore, they're in one universe saying that someone like hulk is street level whereas in another he can bust planets with ease, stomp watchers with punches etc.

616 is what marvel is. There would be no MCU if 616 was not invented, therefore by changing this shit around they're not sticking to their roots. That's what's annoying

Oh and one more thing, do you work for marvel and/or make any of the movies? No? so why are you talking/arguing?

Bye.

i feel like i'm talking to someone who doesn't truly understand the whole marvel multiverse and on how marvel decides to tell their stories differently. why are you singling out the movies when the comics have practically done so in over the decades ?! this is like saying the ultimate marvel should be doing the same thing 616 does and comic fans should castigate them to no end. that's absurd given each universe has their own quirks and charms and there is no practical difference in print media or shown media.

newsflash again, they have been doing this stuff in comics for decades. i fail to understand your complaint in that.

so i'm working for marvel now because i'm defending their choices ?! really reaching for anything. god forbid i can't have an opinion. god forbid i would protect them despite butchering the mandarin's character.

#50 Posted by ManlykVJ (63 posts) - - Show Bio