Follow

Marvel Cinematic Universe

Concept » Marvel Cinematic Universe appears in 146 issues.

Marvel's superhero movie continuity that is shared between several major character franchises.

Why do the Russos hate Hulk?

• 91 results
    Avatar image for deactivated-5cc4b6c202c76
    deactivated-5cc4b6c202c76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

No Caption Provided

And we thought Infinity War was unkind to him. The poor sucker doesn't even get a mini focus spotlight... We get Black Panther being a badass again. We finally see Spider-Man's instant kill mode. Pepper Potts shown in a suit equal to Iron Man's and pretty much EVERYONE. Or am I forgetting Hulk's scene? I just caught a screening of it 11:20 eastern time

Emperorb777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Because he isn't Captain America.

Wilkiins17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

to much Toxic Macsulinity

Avatar image for professorrespect
    ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 9

#4  Edited By ProfessorRespect

Did you not see him lift the entire Avengers base on his damn shoulders, saving everyone there from dying, or using the IG and saving the damn universe?

That's pretty insane. Stop focusing on muh feats and look at the bigger picture. Hulk was critical to the movie.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Did you not see him lift the entire Avengers base on his damn shoulders, saving everyone there from dying, or using the IG and saving the damn universe?

That's pretty insane. Stop focusing on muh feats and look at the bigger picture. Hulk was critical to the movie.

He did not lift the entire base, you clearly did not see Giant-Man effortlessly burst out of the same area Hulk was straining to lift up as he yelled to be helped. It's not insane when it's incalculable and can not be applied to combat. Obviously he snapped, ok? Guess what else? He became CRIPPLED even weeks later. A large part of Hulk's powerset besides his strength is his healing but nah he doesn't show that and he is the only noticeable Avenger absent from combat spotlight.

So no. Every actual fan is in "muh feats" frenzy over this. He was cool in character but utterly underused and a let down. Not even a rematch which was a massive speculation.

ThorofAsgard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They hate Thor more.

RabumAlal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@diarrhearegatta: Don’t forget getting one of the stones by himself and getting loads of screen time doing so.

I thought he was great in the movie and was definitely one of the main characters. Sure, seeing him enraged and smash would be nice but that would only make sense if he saw BW killed in the fight or something since his arc would make it meaningless otherwise (he doesn’t like fighting, he is puny Banner) and they did much better with BW instead in Vormir.

Him being regular Bruce and turning into Hulk when fight starts would make him the same as Avengers 1 Hulk, and they obviously wanted to show differences in the time jump and MCU storyline wise.

PhantomRant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mark Ruffalo was great in this movie but he should have had another showdown with Thanos.

phisigmatau

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By phisigmatau

lol hulk fans are insufferable. Sorry your whole lives revolve around feats for bragging rights in a battle forum

dude was critical in the movie in a number of ways. He literally saved everyone

ill frequent this thread for my daily sip of your tears though

IAmTheLaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By IAmTheLaw

Spoilers* Why I'm a disgruntled Hulk fan... When I loved how they portrayed pretty much every character in the film

As a Hulk fan it was frustrating. Simply put, we wanted him to fight. There's a massive battle where a FREAKING HULK did nothing. Instead, the guy didn't fight at all during the entire movie. He didn't heal which was annoying, as that's a major part of his character. He couldn't figure out the time travel aspect with his big brain, when Iron Man figured it out almost immediately. He got an Infinity Stone by himself only because he mentioned Strange, he didn't figure out a way to outsmart the Ancient One. I was hoping they would have him hold up Avengers HQs ala his comic moment, but instead Ant Man got the spotlight. When I noticed Cull, I thought maybe we'd get that fight. Instead, Ant-Man steps on him. No rematch against Thanos.

The snap reversal was cool. I thought his epic healing factor would show the one way he's better than Thanos, but nope. Oh well. I loved the movie. Captain America and Thor were my favorites, Tony Stark proved himself as earth's best protector. I *loved* the little we got with Scarlet Witch. .

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
    Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 140

Why does everyone think that just because so and so isnt portrayed in a certain way, that someone must hate the character?

Tyger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They hate Hulk because they still share the movie rights.

jashugan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

they don't hate him, they just didn't buy into the BS "Strongest there ever is" thing that people believe Hulk is. It's fine that Hulk isn't the strongest Avenger, Hero or character. They just focused on the side of Hulk most people don't really know him for.

Joker567892

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't think they hate him, they just don't know how to utilize correctly.

odinblast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

As a Thor fan, I feel your pain.

BalancedTruth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lol. Delicious MCU salt

Stormdriven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why are Hulk fans always so concerned with feats? God forbid a character get some freaking character development, especially the first time we see the Hulk as intelligent. It also simultaneously gave Mark Ruffalo’s Bruce Banner more spotlight (yes he had some in Infinity War, but he didn’t have as big a part).

Now addressing his seemingly mediocre physical showings in the movie, does anyone not get that he was injured because he was wielding the power of the freaking Infinity Stones? Tony said the energy coursing through the gauntlet was enough to light up a continent, and that was the stones being unused, just SITTING there. Did anyone stop to think that maybe a healing factor wouldn’t be able to easily heal something as serious as the power to restore trillions of lives? As far as him struggling with holding up the Avengers compound, he was having to do it with one arm, after being blown up, after being weakened and losing the use of his other arm from using the gauntlet. Yes, he didn’t get any epic “lifting a mountain” or “punching Thanos miles away” feats, or even the dumbass World Breaker Hulk idea. But there’s more to a story than just powerful feats, something many Hulk fans don’t seem to get.

Yosefscion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm more than satisfied seeing Hulk doing the Snap. One action that worth hundreds of random 'hulk smash!' feats in my opinion.

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

We’ve already been over this. They downplay Hulk because they don’t own the full movie rights. Why would they play him up more? He’s still an A lister, but he’s a side character in this franchise. Ironman, Cap, & Thor are/was the core. Spider-Man, BP, Strange, The Enternals, Shang Chi, Cap Marvel, And many others are the future. Hulk will always be a side character. Universal will probably never let go of the rights unless Disney gives them something huge in return.

Hell from what I hear they are making an easier deal with Namor.

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By mickey-mouse

By the way stop treating Hulk fans like they are crazy. I’m not mad, because I’ve never expected the spotlight to be on Hulk because I’ve always understood his place in the MCU due to the Universal Deal.

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

But, they definitely downplay his role. Yes the snap was awesome. But, you could argue Cap Marvel could have also pulled it off. Probably wouldn’t even have gotten injured since her base stats seem even higher than Thanos.

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By mickey-mouse

@thorofasgard: They love Thor. He got the single most Iconic line in IW. He’s part of the MCU Trinity. He’s comedy is a focus because simply being the brooding brooder he is in the comics gets boring real quick. He’s a much better well rounded character than anything I’ve read in the comics(not as if I’ve read every single piece of Thor comic so excuse me) but I’m not seeing how you could really think they hate** him when he gets the best lines and gets a huge amount of screen time.

byrd42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Hulk story arc from Ragnarok through Endgame is something Mark Ruffalo came up with and wanted to do.

mexcomics2078

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don’t think they hate him. To be honest I loved Hulk on endgame besides his lack of action scenes.the character was well developed.

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

His character was pretty good, but come on, we were robbed of Hulk smashing, everyone wanted to see that.

Avatar image for theamazingspidey
    TheAmazingSpidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

I'm so tired of people caring so much about feats and using feats as the measurement of whether a character was well utilised or not.

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm so tired of people caring so much about feats and using feats as the measurement of whether a character was well utilised or not.

I'm in the same boat as you, my friend.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@stormdriven: Oh shut up and stop pretending. You just don't care about Hulk like all the other man babies going "Hulks fans only care about feats huuuh" Let it be your favorite who did ABSOLUTELY NOTHING and I bet 100% you would be here complaining.

We all have acknowledged Hulk as a character and how good he was in the film. We are disappointed that he got NO combat whatsoever despite being one of the originals and a powerhouse but the unsnapped heroes with only seconds of screentime get to show off. All that after being unused in the previous movie. So stfu already you're all becoming annoying and do not belong in my thread.

Omnipotent94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why are Hulk fans always so concerned with feats? God forbid a character get some freaking character development, especially the first time we see the Hulk as intelligent. It also simultaneously gave Mark Ruffalo’s Bruce Banner more spotlight (yes he had some in Infinity War, but he didn’t have as big a part).

Now addressing his seemingly mediocre physical showings in the movie, does anyone not get that he was injured because he was wielding the power of the freaking Infinity Stones? Tony said the energy coursing through the gauntlet was enough to light up a continent, and that was the stones being unused, just SITTING there. Did anyone stop to think that maybe a healing factor wouldn’t be able to easily heal something as serious as the power to restore trillions of lives? As far as him struggling with holding up the Avengers compound, he was having to do it with one arm, after being blown up, after being weakened and losing the use of his other arm from using the gauntlet. Yes, he didn’t get any epic “lifting a mountain” or “punching Thanos miles away” feats, or even the dumbass World Breaker Hulk idea. But there’s more to a story than just powerful feats, something many Hulk fans don’t seem to get.

TheGodblast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Russo don't hate Hulk. Infact, they gave him one of the two best sequences of the whole movie.

His gauntlet sequence was epic. It was like you could feel what bulk was going though. The pain, the anger, the will, the struggle, all in perfect composition. As it should be. And dude survived the snap with just a damaged arm! jUST! Top 3 moment in my opinion.

And the moment he took all the debris weight on his shoulder! Shit was epic and applaud worthy. Even with an usable arm, still kept going on and on even while buried under in extreme strain! What more epic would anyone want!

Besides these two, there were a lot of charming and capturing moments he had. His conversation with Scott was extremely funny and super likable. I don't get how anyone who's a fan of him doesn't like it(Unless they're the fan of sole raging monster persona).

IMO, Hull fans should stop expecting him to beat or keep smashing everything he encounters in a movie. Using the comic part argument wouldn't work because it would never work on live action. The only thing a fully faithful adaption of Hulk will be is a Deus ex Machina. Either he'll smash through the endgame or not which will then create and outrage for why he didn't when he already has the means.

He had a good character arc(could have been way better with some primal rage moments but still pretty good and enjoyable, and something that doesn't hit him in the balls), was likable and showed plethora of emotions.

Flash777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Flash777

Thank God!! Finally a thread on this!

The Hulk Hate frm MCU has reached new heights with Endgame.

It's the Goddamn Hulk dammit!

Jst give him a worthy fight!

All the hype train about Hulk being an Army that started with the Avengers is now in wrecked ruins!

Forget Fans, the normal moviegoer is perplexed whatever happened to the Strongest Avenger....No one is interested in going gaga over Hulk's Gauntlet Snap.

All people want to watch him is SMAAASHHHH....becoz thts wat he was best at and popular for!

You cannot take away his Core and ask ppl be happy abt his arc!

Gets easily mindcontrolled by Wanda, Gets busted by Hulkbuster, Gets owned by Thor in Sakaar, From Being the Strongest One there is, he now is downgraded to No.4 after Cap Marvel, Wanda and Thor in MCU, and is nearly killed by Thanos in IW....

Anything else left??? Thank you Marvel!!!

I'd rather have him play out the sacrifice snap instead of you know who in End Game.....Atleast fans would have been at peace instead of watching him get killed movie after movie!

Shinne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

These Russo apologists need to understand that this is a superhero film. People want their favorite characters to be, well.... super. They want them to look cool, and badass one way or another. Showing off power and combat feats are certainly the flashiest way to achieve that. The complaints make sense. They also butchered Thor's character along with their power levels.

Thankfully, the female characters were awesome in this movie.

Avatar image for lovecomicsloveanimelovegameslo
    LoveComicsLoveAnimeLoveGamesLoveToys

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lan_fan said:

These Russo apologists need to understand that this is a superhero film. People want their favorite characters to be, well.... super. They want them to look cool, and badass one way or another. Showing off power and combat feats are certainly the flashiest way to achieve that. The complaints make sense. They also butchered Thor's character along with their power levels.

Thankfully, the female characters were awesome in this movie.

now wait they will butcher silver surfer too

jay_z94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 jay_z94  Online

Us Hulk fans are not crazy when we say that everyone else got an amazing fight scene spot light except from him.... in 2 movies in a freaking row. One of the biggest attributes of the character is to literally smash.

Shinne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jay_z94: And Thor became a joke as well. The spotlight of his fight scene was getting utterly stomped by Thanos, which is arguably worse than nothing.

WhyZoSerious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Because they don't give a damn about 40 years old virgin fanboys. Because they care about the quality of the movie, the story and the box office. Because they want to make people laugh in a good way, not in a DCEU way.

If you want feats and bad movies(for example DCEU movies and Incredible Hulk or Thor Dark World), go watch DCEU. MCU is all about the quality.

Penguin-Dust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I'm more than satisfied seeing Hulk doing the Snap. One action that worth hundreds of random 'hulk smash!' feats in my opinion.

This. I wanted to see smart Hulk and we got that in Endgame. I found him incredibly entertaining, much more so than in Ragnarok where he beat up Fenris and started to smackdown Surtur.

phisigmatau

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

Darkthunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Russo's try to make him a more enjoyable character even though that always fails except for endgame. But they really do whatever it takes to not give hulk at least a single win. He lost to Thor always, hulk buster,thanos. Tony made a big deal out of him in avengers 1. And even in that he doesn't get good feats.

Ghostodoofus2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Because they're racist against green people and abused their white privilege to make a joke out of a green person. #GreenLivesMatter

Shinne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Because they don't give a damn about 40 years old virgin fanboys. Because they care about the quality of the movie, the story and the box office. Because they want to make people laugh in a good way, not in a DCEU way.

If you want feats and bad movies(for example DCEU movies and Incredible Hulk or Thor Dark World), go watch DCEU. MCU is all about the quality.

There are a lot of fan service moments. So them only carrying about the quality is a blatant lie.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hate him? He was one of the best characters in the movie.

Hulk wasn't in Endgame. Not a single trace of him. That was big green Bruce.

They butcher Hulk himself, they butcher what merged Hulk is supposed to be, a combination of two personas, so Banner's intelligence and Hulk's ferocity and boldness which was clearly absent. Bruce is cool and all but there was no Hulk.

cresShadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

it wasnt hate. hulk's arc has been leading to this since day one. sad that we didnt get to see him do a lot but the story matters the most

PrimelyGreat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Russo's do not hate the Hulk. They gave him the biggest key moment in the film. The snap which brought everyone back and saved the other half of the universe, but I do wish he would've had a "Hulk smash" moment in the final battle. Or how about a 1v1 rematch with Thanos? I was really expecting that.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

it wasnt hate. hulk's arc has been leading to this since day one. sad that we didnt get to see him do a lot but the story matters the most

It's hate. I even made a follow up thread after coming to the realization that Hulk was absent in both films.

@gman13: whatever you wanna call it, Banner was top 3 characters in that film.

Most definitely was. Hulk was not in the film though.

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I thought Russos can do no wrong...

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.