Why do Superman level fighters have issues with meta humans if they are GOD tier?

RudyGiuliani

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By RudyGiuliani

Like if Superman level fighters are these untouchable God that you need to be universal+ in order to beat then why is it they regularly have issues with meta-humans and human level opponents? For example, some of Superman's rogues are meta human that should be a none issue for him. Lex Luthor even in a suit powered by Kryptonite shouldn't be able to keep up via having a much slower reaction time. And even when Superman is under mind controll or is straight up evil, characters like Batman is still able to put up a fight against him even if he is being overpowered.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

And when we try to rationalize it by claiming it's due to the characters morals being on, we even see that they still have issues with morals off. For example, even with morals off, you still see human and meta human level combatants able to dodge attacks, and even attack them before they have time to react.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Like how can you claim the characters are massively FTL+ in combat when they regularly can't subdue a human level opponent and often the human can put up a fight against them if they wear a advance mech suit?

No Caption Provided
byondeon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Because people think that Superman tier characters scales to their highest feats such as being able to destroy universes.

And because they are holding back most of the time as to not unleash planetary punches on fairly weak people.

The_Hajduk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

1. Superman holds back always. Even when he says he is not holding back. It is canon that he still holds back.
  2. Batman can fight anybody. You can't use Batman to lowball anymore, Batman is basically a powerhouse-tier by himself.
RudyGiuliani

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

1. Superman holds back always. Even when he says he is not holding back. It is canon that he still holds back.
  2. Batman can fight anybody. You can't use Batman to lowball anymore, Batman is basically a powerhouse-tier by himself.

But holding back so much that a meta-human and human can dodge your attacks and/or attack you sounds super silly.

death4bunnies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By death4bunnies  Moderator

For the same reason I don’t wreck my house when killing a fly.

The_Hajduk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By The_Hajduk
@rudygiuliani said:
@the_hajduk said:

But holding back so much that a meta-human and human can dodge your attacks and/or attack you sounds super silly.

He's not holding back in the sense that you or I would "hold back." He can actually control his power level. Normally Superman walks around at the same speed and perception level as humans. He has to purposefully accelerate his senses when he wants to be a speedster. He and the Flash can choose to be normal speed, lightspeed, or anything in between.

The_Hajduk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've had some absolute wars with house flies. For something that is thousands of times weaker than us, it's still hard to kill. I can't even imagine how hard it would be to get rid of the fly without killing it.

I imagine Superman feels the same way when he fights someone like Batman.

Eredin12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Like if Superman level fighters are these untouchable God that you need to be universal+ in order to beat

He is not though, that type of stuff is mostly found on tiktok/reddit, though unfortunately, even here we see it lot more than we should.

gallavant123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reddit doesn't understand jobbing.

death4bunnies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 death4bunnies  Moderator

@death4bunnies said:

I've had some absolute wars with house flies. For something that is thousands of times weaker than us, it's still hard to kill. I can't even imagine how hard it would be to get rid of the fly without killing it.

I imagine Superman feels the same way when he fights someone like Batman.

Yeah.. plus damage… like my old lady would flip out if I saw a fly, then punched through the drywall.

Avatar image for anotherusername
anotherusername

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Because comic book characters, specially Superman level characters, are not meant to be consistent, their power level varies from story to story as it fits the plot, and that's why it is harder to power scale comic book characters, because you can't reliably take every single interaction between characters as indications of their level, otherwise, everyone, including street level peak humans would be considered FTL and planet busters from powerscalling, either from directly fighting someone who is, or by fighting someone who fighted someone who is.