Why do some people say Wonder Woman is stronger than Thor?

Avatar image for unbreakable_fs4
unbreakable_fs4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

From my time on this site I have learned that Thor is Superman's equal (ok, maybe a little weaker) but for some odd reason people always say Thor would lose to Wonder Woman. Can someone please explain why people think this, cause from my little knowledge, Thor should be more powerful.

green_skaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By green_skaar

I haven't seen too often the claim WW is physically stronger than Thor, the argument (right or wrong) is she is faster and a better fighter.

Avatar image for wavemotioncannon
WaveMotionCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Because they're huge fanboys. She's not stronger than Thor, faster and more skilled yes, stronger no.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6746eab553d
deactivated-5d6746eab553d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Because they don't know about Thor's high end feats.

Because they're huge fanboys. She's not stronger than Thor, faster and more skilled yes, stronger no.

exactly

unbreakable_fs4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By unbreakable_fs4

@green_skaar: I agree is just when they battle here, some people claim she could handle Thor and start to pull out scans of her harming Superman or scan of batman saying she can take Superman

unbreakable_fs4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xlab3000 said:

@wavemotioncannon said:

exactly

Yeah, even though Thor has many fans on this site, it seems like he is a little underrated sometimes

bigcimmerian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By bigcimmerian
Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

For the record, I don't think Wonder Woman is actually stronger than Thor. Physically, and I mean in terms of strength, striking power and durability, Thor has the edge. But Wonder Woman is close enough to Thor in that regard to do some serious damage given her showings against Superman, other powerhouses and gods. Also this

I haven't seen too often the claim WW is physically stronger than Thor, the argument (right or wrong) is she is faster and a better fighter.

green_skaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@green_skaar: I agree is just when they battle here, some people claim she could handle Thor and start to pull out scans of her harming Superman or scan of batman saying she can take Superman

WW vs Superman is a whole other debate! Back to whose stronger, Thor has certainly had higher end strength feats than WW. But I don't know why strength gets mentioned so much in Battles. It has a minimal role in a fight. It's more important as a plot device to over come certain obstacles. I suppose if all other factors are equal, and there is a huge strength disparity, I'll take the stronger character over the weaker.

Avatar image for heraldofganthet
HeraldofGanthet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wavemotioncannon:

In truth, their strength should be quite equalized due to the fact that Gaea is Thor's mother and Wonder Woman draws her physical strength directly from the Earth via Gaea's gift to her at birth. No fanboyism involved.

willpayton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not a battle. This should be moved to another section.

kidman560

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 27

I actually hold to the fact that if the two fought it would be a 5/10 win for eaither. because yes Wonder Woman is faster but thor is fast enough to keep up with her. but I agree the fanboys of Wonder Woman are the third worst

Flash fanboys are 1

and Black Adam Fanboys are second

unbreakable_fs4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By unbreakable_fs4

@green_skaar: I think strength is indeed overrated in fights but even though I believe skill is essential, I still believe Thor is no pushover skill-wise and he isn't too far off from WW. Also they seem pull out the speed argument and while I do agree WW is faster than Thor, I don't believe it's an overwhelming difference. Thor has shown good reaction feats as well but these seem to get ignored by some people.

unbreakable_fs4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I actually hold to the fact that if the two fought it would be a 5/10 win for eaither. because yes Wonder Woman is faster but thor is fast enough to keep up with her. but I agree the fanboys of Wonder Woman are the third worst

Flash fanboys are 1

Ouch, I may be a Flash fanboy but at least I'm not wild like some of the other ones on this site :)

kidman560

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@green_skaar: I think strength is indeed overrated in fights but even though I believe skill is essential, I still believe Thor is so pushover skill-wise and he isn't too far off from WW. Also they seem pull out the speed argument and while I do agree WW is faster than Thor, I don't believe it's an overwhelming difference. Thor has shown good reaction feats as well but these seem to get ignored by some people.

oh my gosh i want to buy you a beer right now. you are what the vine needs more of. Thank you so much. i agree with you. do you know how awesome a fight between these 2 would actually be.

kidman560

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kidman560 said:

Flash fanboys are 1

Ouch, I may be a Flash fanboy but at least I'm not wild like some of the other ones on this site :)

i hear you bro its the Flash fanboys that throw out the 1000 impds per second or whatever. i hate

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

She's faster smarter cooler and more skilled. Maybe Stronger?

unbreakable_fs4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@unbreakable_fs4 said:

@green_skaar: I think strength is indeed overrated in fights but even though I believe skill is essential, I still believe Thor is so pushover skill-wise and he isn't too far off from WW. Also they seem pull out the speed argument and while I do agree WW is faster than Thor, I don't believe it's an overwhelming difference. Thor has shown good reaction feats as well but these seem to get ignored by some people.

oh my gosh i want to buy you a beer right now. you are what the vine needs more of. Thank you so much. i agree with you. do you know how awesome a fight between these 2 would actually be.

Thanks :) ...It would be nice to watch these two fight to their full potential. I'd gladly pay to watch it.

(also now I read my post you quoted, I'm pretty shocked by how many typos I have in there lol)

kidman560

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Floopay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@xlab3000 said:

@wavemotioncannon said:

exactly

Yeah, even though Thor has many fans on this site, it seems like he is a little underrated sometimes

Though Thor is drastically underrated on this site, I agree. One of Thor's biggest issues is that he's started to be written like he's a moron. Thor used to be portrayed as the extremely versatile, and very powerful fighter. He was matching everybody at their own game and even exceeding any challenge he was placed against. Then crap like Wolverine vs. Thor started happening, and all his credibility has slowly but surely plummeted. Even though he's written pretty well 80% of the time, it's hard to ignore the other 20% of him jobbing just because some author wants to show off a new villain or make someone seem more powerful than they should by smacking Thor around, when Thor should be able to dominate them without a second thought.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

HeraldofGanthet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kidman560: not even close to stronger and probably not smarter either

In truth, their strength should be quite equalized due to the fact that Gaea is Thor's mother and Wonder Woman draws her physical strength directly from the Earth via Gaea's gift to her at birth. No fanboyism involved. *repost*

As to her intelligence, she's no slouch in addition to possessing the Wisdom and Sight of Athena, the Goddess of Wisdom and Warfare. Just saying...

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6746eab553d
deactivated-5d6746eab553d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xlab3000 said:

@wavemotioncannon said:

exactly

I even posted a respect thread for Thor. they had ignore lit. the dude can contain a bomb that can destroy 1/5 of the universe and can destroy a 100 galaxies. he wins

Avatar image for theincrediblesuperhulk8642
TheIncredibleSuperHulk8642

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He's Stronger, Faster (Mobility wise), More Durable, Higher Stamina, Hits harder and is a lot more Powerful.

She's slightly Faster (Combat wise) and a better fighter.

I don't see how she wins.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#24  Edited By Wolverine008

He's Stronger, Faster (Flying wise), More Durable, Higher Stamina, Hits harder and is a lot more Powerful.

TifaLockhart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#25  Edited By TifaLockhart

Different people have different opinions.

SheenLantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By SheenLantern

@theincrediblesuperhulk8642 said:

He's Stronger, Faster (Flying wise), More Durable, Higher Stamina, Hits harder and is a lot more Powerful.

Slighty faster combat wise?

MethoKi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By MethoKi

@unbreakable_fs4 said:

I've never seen anyone claim that she's stronger. Thor is obviously stronger, and nobody denies that. The argument that Thor is a slug and Wonder Woman has better reaction speed, combat speed, more skills in combat and is more versatile (although, Thor is technically more versatile, he just doesn't use his abilities a lot).

Also, not a battle.

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By dondave

@god_spawn Can this be moved to the General Discussion Forum?

Ratatat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

because she is from DC

Superbot400

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

From my time on this site I have learned that Thor is Superman's equal (ok, maybe a little weaker) but for some odd reason people always say Thor would lose to Wonder Woman. Can someone please explain why people think this, cause from my little knowledge, Thor should be more powerful.

It comes down to fact that Wonder Woman has a strong chance aganist Thor because Wonder Woman's braclets, and lasso are pretty good aganist Thor. You could argue that Thor is more powerful than Wonder Woman. However WW is more skilled, faster than Thor.

Thor is more powerful than WW, but in a matchup AGANIST WW is tougher then it looks.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah. Most people mistake Thor for a slug when he really isn't. it all depends on who he is fighting. Against Hulk he won't fight as fast. against Silver Surfer he's going all out tagging him left and right.

w0nd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sheenlantern said:

Yeah. Most people mistake Thor for a slug when he really isn't. it all depends on who he is fighting. Against Hulk he won't fight as fast. against Silver Surfer he's going all out tagging him left and right.

which doesn't make sense, it's poor writing and butchers his character. He drags on fights to be respectful and fair while damage to the city sky rockets.

SheenLantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sheenlantern said:

Because Silver Surfer's combat speed isn't as impressive as his travel speed.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sheenlantern: SS is always in motion battling any opponent sometimes he will move around at high speeds and Thor will tag him still. All Thor needs is have Mjolnir tag WW and then he can go put the beat down on her.

@w0nd: Yeah I agree but what can you do :/

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 the_stegman  Moderator

@lvenger said:

For the record, I don't think Wonder Woman is actually stronger than Thor. Physically, and I mean in terms of strength, striking power and durability, Thor has the edge. But Wonder Woman is close enough to Thor in that regard to do some serious damage given her showings against Superman, other powerhouses and gods. Also this

@green_skaar said:

Spideysense44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

Thor..ppl just say tht bc he wasnt as strong in the movie

SheenLantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Emperorb777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't see how WW being stronger than Thor even matters does that somehow take away from his appeal?

cameron83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

Wow...for once on a battle related thing I actually (currently) agree with the majority....mainly these:

@green_skaar: I think strength is indeed overrated in fights but even though I believe skill is essential, I still believe Thor is no pushover skill-wise and he isn't too far off from WW. Also they seem pull out the speed argument and while I do agree WW is faster than Thor, I don't believe it's an overwhelming difference. Thor has shown good reaction feats as well but these seem to get ignored by some people.

@sheenlantern said:

He's Stronger, Faster (Mobility wise), More Durable, Higher Stamina, Hits harder and is a lot more Powerful.

these...

@kidman560: not even close to stronger and probably not smarter either

In truth, their strength should be quite equalized due to the fact that Gaea is Thor's mother and Wonder Woman draws her physical strength directly from the Earth via Gaea's gift to her at birth. No fanboyism involved. *repost*

As to her intelligence, she's no slouch in addition to possessing the Wisdom and Sight of Athena, the Goddess of Wisdom and Warfare. Just saying...

I don't really think that they are on equal terms simply because they are using the same mythological character. I mean,feats and such play a HUGE role and I don't think WW is equal in terms of strength. But that's just my opinion,dude. But to elaborate on my previous point,the DC universe version of Thor is not anywhere near as powerful as the Marvel version due to feats...and Marvel's Hippolyta is most likely nothing really to DC's version (not by a longshot...I believe). :)

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

SheenLantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theincrediblesuperhulk8642: It means I don't consider your sentence to incorporate enough credibility to warrent the dignification of a proper response.

Also, ComicVine has a embedded video feature.

Loading Video...

See?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sheenlantern: Oh I know what you meant I was just looking for a chuckle. I can't seem to figure out how to use the video feature :/

daxamite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By daxamite

But can we really say that any Thor from Marvel and DC aren't the same? can we not safely assume that both versions are equal but it depends on the writers how they make the Characters to be ( stronger,faster, etc). Thor and WW never really fought in Marvel and DC so how can we as FANS of DC and MARVEL comics in general say who is stronger than the other or powerful than the other? I've seen Thor be powerful... as part of the Avengers he's power levels are knocked a peg or two ( in a group ) as opposed by himself, Wonder Woman has handled the Gods and Pantheon's in DC's ( War of the Gods )and is also the daughter to Zeus and DC's Gaea like Thor is to Odin and Marvels Gaea, to me They are both fast and strong and seasoned veterans in the field of battle, yet we never saw where WW could let loose all her fury at her disposal .... yet, but we saw how powerful Thor is especially when he has the odin force within him. Read these characters powers and compare them, pretty interesting.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wonder_Woman#Powers_and_abilities

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thor_(Marvel_Comics)

evilvegeta74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

From my time on this site I have learned that Thor is Superman's equal (ok, maybe a littlensan weaker) but for some odd reason people always say Thor would lose to Wonder Woman. Can someone please explain why people think this, cause from my little knowledge, Thor should be more powerful.

It's call insanity! No way WW could take Thor, on a bad day with bad writer, or Dc writers even with all the massive upgrades Dc keeps giving it's characters!

HeraldofGanthet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cameron83: I don't really think that they are on equal terms simply because they are using the same mythological character. I mean,feats and such play a HUGE role and I don't think WW is equal in terms of strength. But that's just my opinion,dude. But to elaborate on my previous point,the DC universe version of Thor is not anywhere near as powerful as the Marvel version due to feats...and Marvel's Hippolyta is most likely nothing really to DC's version (not by a longshot...I believe). :)

I can see how you've come to the conclusions you've reached. And you've done so without insulting me or others. I can respect that. We only slightly disagree on the strength angle due to the fact that Wonder Woman has some crazy sh*t she's done over the past 65 years, but it's not enough of a disagreement that we can't be internet BFF's (as my baby sister would say) over it;)

gokuwarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Flash fanboys are 1

you obiously haven't seen the storm fanboys and the silver surfer fanboys.

gokuwarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

he wasn't a lot more powerful than her before the 52,stop underestimating her.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gokuwarrior: Yes he was. Do you understand how powerful Thor is. no I don't think so. He's more powerful than Superman. If anything pre 52 WW is overestimated in this bout.

gokuwarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theincrediblesuperhulk8642: if anything you are overstimating thor,he is not as powerful as superman let alone more powerful than him,we are talking about normal thor,not thor with odin force or other special boost that he usually doesn't have.

dbatdog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor would beat WW, I could not see why she would be stronger than Thor. She may be stronger than Iron Man or Cap or Ms Marvel, but not Thor or Superman or Hulk...not sure with the Thing...probably the Thing is much strong than WW.