Why do so many Batman fans dislike the idea of Batman with prep beating Superman?

DonatelloRawks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

i thought if you are a fan of something, you would want that thing to win.

example: If I am a Manchester United supporter, of course during soccer matches I would support Man U for winning. I would be an embarrassment to Man U supporters if I go for Liverpool winning instead.

mfr55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batman beating superman with prep time is one of the most reasonable feats he should be able to do with prep.,and i never heard no batman fan saying they dislike when batman wins

Anything above superman without a clear and very exploitable weakness is bullshit

Anything much above superman is Bad Writing

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#3  Edited By dernman

As a huge Batman fan, I rather he be written well then find some PWIS reason for him to win. THis isn't a matter of favorite team type of thing. It's a totally different situation.

Batman shouldn't be able to beat Superman. You have to downplay Superman's power and turn him into no brained brick for it to happen. Seriously every time Superman gets in the room with Batman his IQ takes a nose dive just to prop or justify Batman.

Batman fans that are against this don't need that bull. Only fanboys do.

Having said that I can feel the hook tearing into me. Nice bait.

Deadgod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Because Superman have to hold back all the time.

Avatar image for tsciallsolle3451
TSciallsolle3451

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

it proves they are not true batman fans, obviously. They are only claiming to be batman fans to legitimatize their claims. If you pick up lessons on effective communication you would know that this is a common tactic. :)

Aros001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Because they're friends.

Slayz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have no issue with Batman beating Superman with prep, because that's a hilariously one-sided battle and is unfair. Bruce could just make a kryptonite bullet crafted for a hyper-silent gun, and then shoot Superman without Superman even knowing.

If Superman has absolutely any knowledge that he's about to fight Batman, Bruce shouldn't stand a chance regardless of prep.

The only exception is the Justice Buster Suit. I thought that was a well written means of Batman using prep to battle Superman. He can tank a few hits, has the red-sub knuckles, and even the kryptonite gum was a nice touch.

Avatar image for petey_is_spidey
Petey_is_Spidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

@dernman said:

As a huge Batman fan, I rather he be written well then find some PWIS reason for him to win. THis isn't a matter of favorite team type of thing. It's a totally different situation.

Batman shouldn't be able to beat Superman. You have to downplay Superman's power and turn him into no brained brick for it to happen. Seriously every time Superman gets in the room with Batman his IQ takes a nose dive just to prop or justify Batman.

This

BlackWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dernman: This.

Batman is a pragmatic person, and although Superman always tries to minimize the damage against anyone he fights against, he isn't the naive idiot that people think that he is. If he wanted it to be so, he could end things so much more efficiently and cleanly than he does on a general basis, before most opponents even know what happened.

It doesn't mean Batman is weak if he can't do something. It just enforces that Batman isn't the end all be all, and that some things are indeed outside his control or ability to deal with. Which is the way it should be. You can't have "human Batman" and "defeats everything with prep" Batman at the same time.

Kal'smahboi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

I've always said that the winner depends on who the aggressor is. If Superman has it in for Batman, Batman loses for obvious reasons. If Batman has it in for Superman, his plan will succeed. This assumes that their relationship and their character traits are intact, of course.

As far as BvS goes, Batman won by taking advantage of Superman's weaknesses: kryptonite and unwillingness to kill him (a tactical weakness, not a ethical one). Superman also had a vested interest in Batman's survival because he wanted his help to save his mommy.

Blackdog2009

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Blackdog2009  Online

@donatellorawks: Batman lives because Superman allows it. don't you forget it. that
's a fact.

Nufious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dernman said:

This

Gojira2512

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Gojira2512

Batman is a pragmatic person, and although Superman always tries to minimize the damage against anyone he fights against, he isn't the naive idiot that people think that he is. If he wanted it to be so, he could end things so much more efficiently and cleanly than he does on a general basis, before most opponents even know what happened.

It doesn't mean Batman is weak if he can't do something. It just enforces that Batman isn't the end all be all, and that some things are indeed outside his control or ability to deal with. Which is the way it should be. You can't have "human Batman" and "defeats everything with prep" Batman at the same time.

No Caption Provided

newecho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The writing of superman in a batman fight is always crap. Even with prep if supes wanted bats dead and was bloodlusted like some of their fights ie endgame and hush then bats would die..

MrHamWallet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@donatellorawks: "i thought if you are a fan of something, you would want that thing to win."

I'm a Silver Surfer fan, so I generally want him to win his battled but I accept that he should be beaten by characters such as Thanos as every charcaters ha's limits. So not really. Luckily Batman doesn't have limitations.

"example: If I am a Manchester United supporter, of course during soccer matches I would support Man U for winning. I would be an embarrassment to Man U supporters if I go for Liverpool winning instead."

Man U supporters are an embarrassment to themselves purely for supporting Man U.

STELIOS23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dernman said:

These right here, couldn't have said it better if I tried.

STELIOS23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mrhamwallet: Why do u have to go there. Man U fan and proud of it.

w0nd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

example: If I am a Manchester United supporter, of course during soccer matches I would support Man U for winning. I would be an embarrassment to Man U supporters if I go for Liverpool winning instead.

Not if it's in a stupid way that makes it look like the ONLY way this possible is if the opponent they are fighting goes full retard. That's not something to brag about.

"so i was fighting this guy with super speed, reaction time, strength, hearing,flight, pretty much invulnerable, took a nuke to the face and lived.....so what I did right, is use my normal human speed and get really close to him, and then exploit his weakness"

So basically you won because the guy for what ever reason forgot about all those other powers he had? That's not really exciting....

what's next hunting a bear with no limbs?

NeonGameWave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Because they think its a cop out for Batman.

Avatar image for linsanel_doctor
linsanel_Doctor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reminds me of Injustice.

HeroUp2112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah, the only way Batman would actually stand a chance of beating Superman is if Superman didn't know Batman was after him. If Superman INITIATED the fight, especially if his morals were off he could just heat vision Batman from orbit, or similar.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e497e3f11e30
deactivated-5e497e3f11e30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batman is the guy who always has plans he even has plans if any JLA member goes rogue but mostly those plans are to neutralize not kill.

I like batman because he has limits and is more relate-able but its just seems so bad when we get the notion that batman can defeat almost anyone with prep time even the guys like flash and superman . Flash can process thoughts in attoseconds and superman can measure time in nanoseconds and if batman as a human can surpass them and beat them even in some ways i fail to relate to that character.

I have seen fans saying that batman can almost defeat anyone just because he is the goddamn batman. what is the point of having flash and superman in the team when batman can do everything on his own ? this is what makes me mad a little bit . I want batman to do what he does best devise a strategy or create a good plan but i dont want him to take down any superpowered superhero at least.

MajorSour

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I thought about it myself, and realized that many Batman fans like a particular interpretation of Batman and will only accept that interpretation, which is a form of head canon.

Another of speaking is that there are many feats demonstrating that Batman can beat high-tier characters like Superman, but fans will selectively exclude those feats or downplay the significance of those feats.

RabumAlal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Because they are infidels and fake-Batman fans who don't understand anything about Batman. Their disrespect knows no bounds. They will never successfully infiltrate the true followers of Batman.

jackiplier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By jackiplier

IMO, he has to have at least some way to stand up against the rest of the league since he is part of the Trinity after all. And the whole "prep" thing is kind of necessary since it is the most logical solution to make his character more useful. But beating anyone much above Superman will be too much.

I also don't think this will ruin his solo run since most of the conflict he face are always "unexpected" thus he has no way to plan them.

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Because fanboys generally need "their" idols to be the best of the best of the best at least in some field. That makes them feel more secure about their precious fandom.

GodSaveMeNow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@adamtrmm said:

Because fanboys generally need "their" idols to be the best of the best of the best at least in some field. That makes them feel more secure about their precious fandom.

Read the thread title carefully again, its the reverse of what you said. OP is asking why fanboys dislike the idea of their idol (Batman) of being better in a battle than another (Superman).

CosmoGod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By CosmoGod

I think this analogy is flawed. No Batman fan would ever argue about him beating Supes with prep let alone dislike it.

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By adamTRMM

@godsaveusall said:
@adamtrmm said:

Read the thread title carefully again, its the reverse of what you said. OP is asking why fanboys dislike the idea of their idol (Batman) of being better in a battle than another (Superman).

Right. Then it's this comment is irrelevant for this thread. ^-^

And I've never seen such a Batman fan btw...

GodSaveMeNow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@adamtrmm said:
@godsaveusall said:
@adamtrmm said:

See post #3 of this thread.

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By adamTRMM

@godsaveusall said:
@adamtrmm said:
@godsaveusall said:
@adamtrmm said:

See post #3 of this thread.

It's called an exception to the rule. ;) Also, should've said "fanboy" instead of a "fan". Fans can be reasonable, where fanboys are flat out fanatics, and I was talking about the latter.

Au_141

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Au_141

Cause Batman doesn't need prep. Duh

morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#34 morpheus_  Moderator

Because it's pointless and offers nothing to the character or the plot besides encouraging pissing contests. Batman's rivals should be the best street level characters, not Superman.

Avatar image for manwhohaseverything
Manwhohaseverything

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Because it's not really "prep" when he does. It's only a matter of whether he can get his hands on some kryptonite or not. Basically, the same thing someone like you or I would have to do to beat a being like Superman. It's not like it involves actual strategy or anything. Either he has the kryptonite or he doesn't.

Avatar image for manwhohaseverything
Manwhohaseverything

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bad analogy IMHO. Those teams actually exist. Superman and Batman don't. Therefore neither wins a "fight" in reality. Where as two teams in a sports match has an real actual winner. Since the fights aren't real, I don't really care who 'wins". I don't like it, because as I stated before, it's not really prep, and usually not good story-telling.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b0ff1f569a57
deactivated-5b0ff1f569a57

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Dunno. I’ve no problem with Bruce beating Superman. Only won’t like it if there’s no reason for a fight between them to happen. Not ridiculous for Batman to win either, considering Batman’s prep feats like Brother EYE, The Kryptonian Protocols, depowering n52 Blockbuster(someone capable of giving Superman a good fight). He just needs to hang with Clark’s speed, something easily solved with one of his high tier armors.

IAmVerySmart1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

yeah i don't understand it myself.