Why do people think Bucky had vibranium bullets in Infinity War?

Epicyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Lmao it's so ignorant, Wakanda doesn't even use firearms. They seriously think they quickly manufactured bullets for a specific type of assault rifle they don't even possess?

Rebake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@epicyon: could be custom made for Bucky since an entire arm was and every weapon native to Wakanda so far has vibranium components.

Epicyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rebake: except Wakanda doesn't produce guns, they consider them primitive. That and we literally see on two seperate occasions the Quinjet has guns.

Avatar image for greysentinel365
Greysentinel365

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Because they want to wank Thanos for tanking them.

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 anthp2000  Moderator

Because the weapon was created in Wakanda. And we've seen vibranium bullets before.

IDRC, it's just that people shouldn't bring something as unsupported by canon up in debates much. At least not with this much certainty.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c8c48323d2d9
deactivated-5c8c48323d2d9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@anthp2000: When have we seen vibranium bullets? Likewise I want to mimic what Epicyon. I mean bullets itself is not that hard to produce, but Wakandans have never really done them before,

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By anthp2000  Moderator
deltahuman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Simple, To wank Thanos and add some feats to his non existent piercing durability which then makes Stormbreaker cutting Thanos, look impressive.

Thanos was cut by Tony's titanium gold weapons and yet we're supposed to believe that moments later, he can magically no sell bullets made of a much superior metal. I know people will bring up Thanos tanking jabs from Cap's new shield but Vibranium bullets would have exponentially more penetrating power than his new shields which have no feats except killing fodder Outriders. Even Falcon slaughtered outriders with his sub machine guns that fire 9mm.

This happened after Thor Ragnarok too. To make Hela's blades look durable, people argued that the bullets in Skurge's M16s were Asgardian and hence had more power despite Skurge clearly stating that he got the guns from Texas and despite no indication that Asgardians manufacture bullets or Skurge equipping the guns with home made ammo. Wanking that would make Thor's lightning cloak look good indirectly because the fodder zombie Asgardians that Thor killed were being pulverized by Skurge's M16s

ourmanuel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Simple, To wank Thanos and add some feats to his non existent piercing durability which then makes Stormbreaker cutting Thanos, look impressive.

Thanos was cut by Tony's titanium gold weapons and yet we're supposed to believe that moments later, he can magically no sell bullets made of a much superior metal. I know people will bring up Thanos tanking jabs from Cap's new shield but Vibranium bullets would have exponentially more penetrating power than his new shields which have no feats except killing fodder Outriders. Even Falcon slaughtered outriders with his sub machine guns that fire 9mm.

This happened after Thor Ragnarok too. To make Hela's blades look durable, people argued that the bullets in Skurge's M16s were Asgardian and hence had more power despite Skurge clearly stating that he got the guns from Texas and despite no indication that Asgardians manufacture bullets or Skurge equipping the guns with home made ammo. Wanking that would make Thor's lightning cloak look good indirectly because the fodder zombie Asgardians that Thor killed were being pulverized by Skurge's M16s

Basically this

Richubs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He didn't have Vibranium bullets and if anyone that thinks so please give me one valid point that leads you to belive that other than that "He wuz in Wakanda nd dey hav dem Vibranium so dey give Buky sue of it even ven normal bulet work fine"

Avatar image for thebestofthebest
ThEBeStOfTheBeST

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lmao. True.

Tenguswordsman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Tenguswordsman
Avatar image for deactivated-5c830d4e319e6
deactivated-5c830d4e319e6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Because wakanda gave him the gear and they make everything out of vibranium. They even took their time and made him a bionic vibranium arm. Either way it’s headcanon, because it got never confirmed, but it being vibranium bullets makes more sense.

xzone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Did the vibranium arm even get confirmed? I think we just assume some of these things

X

deltahuman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tenguswordsman:

The word Nanite isn't or doesn't mean some new super durable element/metal that stark invented in his basement. Nanites are basically machines working at nanoscale, made using nanotechnology. Stark is now using nanotechnology to make his suits. His suit now is made of machines that are as small as a few nanometers. Billions of such nanoscale machines working together constitutes his whole suit, self replicating and repairing it from damage and making it more powerful.

The science here is a little vague because a real life counterpart to such technology doesn't exist yet (nanotechnology very much exists but no nano machines of such power) and so I can't tell you how exactly the nanites in his new suit make him more durable than the previous ones but it sure as hell isn't a new metal. Nanites simply don't mean anything like that. From a real life perspective, using nanites would mean super high energy efficiency over previous armour models (his suit does seem to be more powerful than the previous ones), fast and efficient damage repair (which we see in the movie), ability to pack in much more weapon systems (which we see in the movie) etc.

Also Titanium gold has already tanked and endured damage that real life titanium gold alloy wouldn't be able to endure. You don't have to bring in feats from Infinity war. Stark's Avengers suit and Age of Ultron suits and other suits have already endured damage that is just out of bounds of real life titanium gold. And comparing durability of a fictional suit with real life alloys (even though titanium gold isn't fictional) isn't a correct way because its fiction after all. They could make Titanium Gold tank a nuclear bomb in the next movie for all we know.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c1e5b9f31ff6
deactivated-5c1e5b9f31ff6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xzone: The Russo brothers confirmed it via interview if I remember correctly

MAZAHS117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I’d have to watch it again, I certainly don’t remember that ever being mentioned

WonderBread

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@originalcaptain: T'Challa gave him an arm and that is all. He got his gear from the Quinjet, genius.

GXrevs06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@epicyon said:

@rebake: except Wakanda doesn't produce guns, they consider them primitive. That and we literally see on two seperate occasions the Quinjet has guns.

Yet they jump around wielding sticks like ancient jungle tribes

Epicyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gxrevs06 said:
@epicyon said:

Yet they jump around wielding sticks like ancient jungle tribes

You're like the 100th dumb person I've seen use that argument. Yeah a stick that can pierce through anything, stop a speeding SUV dead in it's tracks, conjure energy shields, and fire tank busting lasers is primitive. I take pity on Wakanda for having such reliable dual melee and ranged weaponry

Avatar image for supremegeneration
SupremeGeneration

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's logical but unprovable.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c1e5b9f31ff6
deactivated-5c1e5b9f31ff6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Because Wakanda has the largest known supply of Vibranium. They use it for everything. They used it to make Bucky's arm. There's no way to know if those bullets were Vibranium, but I can see why people would think so.