Why do people say Samurai 8 is doing poorly?

Avatar image for deactivated-5ea04288c590b
deactivated-5ea04288c590b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

No Caption Provided

According to this S8 is doing 1.5m + average readers in North America that doesn't seem bad to me.

Also shout out to Jujutsu Kaisen I didn't know it was this popular either and it's pretty good.

Avatar image for war_of_light_2814
war of light_2814

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By war of light_2814

Number 8 out of 12, that's below median.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@war_of_light_2814: and that's only through the app there's a lot more views in book sales and ViZ.

Blizzard93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@war_of_light_2814: Lol, Shounen jump has around 30 series from what I can remember, not 12. Also, give it another year and it will even compete with the big boys. Right now Hachimaru has not learned even a single Kongo yasha move, so the mange is at an infantile stage.

stormshadow_x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 22

I don't think its doing poorly just the reaction from anyone that's not a fan has been lukewarm. Honestly feels like its doing as good as it is now due to Kishis name

Avatar image for professorrespect
ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 9

It isn't good

Penguin-Dust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Forget Samurai 8, I want to know more about Chainsaw Man. I need to check that out.

AbstractRaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By AbstractRaze

"George Lucas effect"

The very peak of Kishimoto's creativity was Naruto, then he started to decline and his decline is samurai 8.

Samurai 8 forced a lot of things, too much information for the beginning, way too much complexity and a lack of fluidity plotwise, it's an oversaturated way to tell a story, something that is way too oversaturated is sometimes irritating, tiresome and people just lose interest.

Nergigante

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Poorly? S8 is constantly in the Top 10 best seller comics in several countries, such as Italy, Spain, France and Germany. Best New WSJ title of 2019/2020.

I don't know who thinks It's doing poorly. Lmao. You got that screen from Reddit so i guess you already know S8 is a success those countries.

KillerQueen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Haxxxz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's good, just the bad sales make it look bad, not to mention the cool trend of hating and disliking S8. I've even seen people saying it's ending in next 3 chapters lol 😂😂😂

FaradaySloth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It sucks.

Avatar image for lordoftheninjas
LordOfTheNinjas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By LordOfTheNinjas

Just give it another year

Besides I don’t trust quantity numbers over quality personally I find promises never land to be trash also dr Stone is big garbageeeee but hey they are still consumed by average teens ppl are so used to same stories a story in space where the setting isn’t just one planet is great

S8 will have its day besides characters from s8 would kick everyone on that lists ass.

LordOfTheNinjas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By LordOfTheNinjas

@faradaysloth said:

It sucks.

Bleach fans still mad they show was cancelled n manga ended horrible so they take they frustration out on Naruto Boruto or samurai 8 lol

salty or naw

Haxxxz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Can we not start a flame war please. Just ignore the bait.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e5fe1261c77a
deactivated-5e5fe1261c77a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Samurai 8 can pull a Demon Slayer

Just give right studio to adapt the anime

Hey if trash like fairy tail can get 56 volume and 300 episodes

This can get too since it's an average story

LordOfTheNinjas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@aolox said:

Samurai 8 can pull a Demon Slayer

Just give right studio to adapt the anime

Hey if trash like fairy tail can get 56 volume and 300 episodes

This can get too since it's an average story

stormshadow_x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 22

#21  Edited By stormshadow_x

The fact that people feel the need to bring Bleach into it is proof most of them wouldn't care about the series if it wasn't made by kishi lol.

The series isnt bad though, I personally dont find it interesting and the most I seem anyone talk about it on the vine is regarding the feats and not the actual story. But its not a crap series in the same way the start of Fairy tail wasnt crap, just feels a bit basic but unlike fairy tail it hopefully wont just drop the ball.

FaradaySloth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@faradaysloth said:

It sucks.

Bleach fans still mad they show was cancelled n manga ended horrible so they take they frustration out on Naruto Boruto or samurai 8 lol

salty or naw

@haxxxz said:

@lordoftheninjas: also because S8 trashes bleach so bad 😂😂😂

No Caption Provided

Haxxxz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@faradaysloth: lol what did you think, I was talking of sales, everyone knows S8 is a flop in that. I was talking of power scaling where S8 trashes bleach so bad

FaradaySloth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

When your series is so trash that the only leg you stand on are how good some feats are

Kalebsmarty156

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This turned into that Chaos Arthur vs samurai 8 verse thread smh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@faradaysloth: @haxxxz: No flame war pls. Besides the quality of the series isn't being debated here Bleach and S8 are both good but let's be real S8 doesn't compare to a full manga series in quality like Bleach yet.

FaradaySloth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By FaradaySloth

@quincy-q: Not even manga sales, if a person's opening volumes can't beat an artbook that costs 10x more than those volumes, they shouldn't be talking trash.

There's also no flame war here.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@abstractraze: I don't think the forced much, they spent a little while on world building which is fine IMO especially when the world is crazy like cybernetic Samurai who fly around harvesting souls lol.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@faradaysloth: the sales in Japan are trash but they're decent in other regions.

I'm hoping it pulls a Demon Slayer which was also doing sub 20k sales before the anime.

FaradaySloth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@quincy-q said:

@faradaysloth: the sales in Japan are trash but they're decent in other regions.

I'm hoping it pulls a Demon Slayer which was also doing sub 20k sales before the anime.

Demon Slayer was at 50k-100k in several volumes before the anime.

Only reason people read S8 is due to Kishimoto, nothing else, if it doesn't do well in Japan it's not going to last long.

ovy7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Japanese sales are what WSJ takes in consideration tho, not international ones. And apparently, in Japan, S8 is doing poorly. Like, I've heard that the last volume (or the one before that) of Eden's Zero sold over 100k. That's massive compared to the number of S8 from the pic Faraday had posted.

I also think S8 is mediocre in quality, but that's just my opinion on it.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@faradaysloth: yes that is true Kishimoto's name is the biggest factor as to why people came to read it. I think it has potential though the first couple of chapters are slow but once it picked up I haven't been able to stop reading.

Have you read Jujutsu Kaisen? It's a newer manga on the verge of getting an anime and it's pretty good. If you like Bleach you might like it.

Haxxxz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@faradaysloth: if sales decide it's trash, then yes S8 is trash(only in Japan tho) But in quality I love both so ultimately it depends upon your opinion. If you don't like it then it's your opinion.

Adi_Frost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Seriously, in sales its doing poorly but in quality, I find it better than a lot of newer series. Also, sales don't decide quality. Quality is subjective and it's harder to start a sci-fi series than a normal shonen(stated by kishi himself). But I have to say, Samurai 8 is doing many things better than Naruto did, already.

At least, its far more unique and different than basic shonen. Glad kishi took to sci-fi rather than writing something similar to Naruto which he easily can and earn big bucks.

While I agree the start of the series was exposition heavy(as kishi stated it would be), that argument doesn't hold after chapter 8 where actually the story started to kick in.

Haxxxz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kishi is definitely doing the romance better than Naruto

Avatar image for westwood_trevor
Westwood_Trevor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's not doing bad at all. Samurai 8 is a success in several countries, such as: France, Italy, Spain, China, Germany and the States.

Here some infos:

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

Keep in mind that some of those pics are kinda old and S8's profits have grown and are still growing.

That said S8 is still the best New WSJ series of the 2019/2020 in terms of sales (I'm talking about Japan).

Haxxxz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@westwood_trevor: Japan is what matters, other countries don't mean anything, at best only kishi's name is saving it, not to mention each new vol of S8 is doing bad than their previous ones in Japan