#1 Posted by william300 (783 posts) - - Show Bio

It's something that's been bithering me for a while now. People seem to rant about Fix's mistakes with the X-MEN but refuse to acknowledge the MCU's mistakes. I mean the MCU is actually a very mixed bag, Iron Man 2 was bad Thor while ok is very flawed film, Thor 2 is one of the most dissapointing films I'be ever seen (I think Thor has overall been poorly handled) and while unlike most comic reader I actually liked Iron Man 3 it had quite few plot holes that makes the whole thing fall apart. Ant-Man is overrated as hell, and has plot holes that once again makes it fall apart. Cap and Stark are the only MCU character that was given a full character arc. Thor is like a light switch, he went from a arrogant child to a leader in an instant. Scott Language had no character development. These are the reasons I don't get why people prefer the MCU over the X-MEN films, Thor 2 was just as bad as X3, Iron Man 2 had the same problems as Origins Wolverine. The MCU has made the same mistakes as Fox, it's just for some reason people ignore the MCU ones but rant and Fox's. Thoughts?

#2 Posted by cattlebattle (17779 posts) - - Show Bio

Everyone is a hypocrite.

Avatar image for deactivated-579ecfa921bb2
#3 Posted by deactivated-579ecfa921bb2 (4347 posts) - - Show Bio

It goes both ways, people rant about fox and ignore MCU while other people rant about MCU and ignore fox. It isn't just one franchise with that problem.

#4 Posted by TheSpoiler (3608 posts) - - Show Bio
Avatar image for BappyRonChantin
#5 Posted by BappyRonChantin (2772 posts) - - Show Bio

It goes both ways, people rant about fox and ignore MCU while other people rant about MCU and ignore fox.

#6 Posted by Asgaard (4552 posts) - - Show Bio

I wonder when the personal opinion = fact threads will end in this site... Specially when the objective of the discussion involves the gen audiences variable...

#7 Posted by N00beditor3 (413 posts) - - Show Bio

The MCU makes a ton of bad decisions, but they've yet to have misfires as bad as Origins Wolverine or The Last Stand.

Avatar image for manwhohaseverything
#8 Edited by Manwhohaseverything (3818 posts) - - Show Bio

I think it's the power of suggestion. RT and Mega-critic give MCU movies good ratings, so people say they're good. Sure, folks will deny this happens to them (and even come up with an example or two) but the power of suggestion has been around and has worked, for a long time. In Civil War (which I liked...but) the scene where Tony Stark shows up at Parker's apartment (for no reason given beforehand) and tells Parker he knows he's Spider-Man (because he saw it on you tube) and also knows where to hit the roof to make the spider-costume come out was as poorly a written scene as "Martha!" in BvS and I get the feeling had Fox or DCEU come out with that, it would been highly criticized and folks would've even used that scene as an excuse not to like the film. Again. not saying the MCU is bad or that the Fox-verse is better or anything but that the MCU does "get away" with more than they should is, I think, apparent to anyone being honest with themselves. (Disclaimer..again does not mean the MCU is bad, I for one, think they have done a good job all-in-all)

#9 Posted by JasonHawke (3240 posts) - - Show Bio

Because Fox's mistakes weigh heavier than MCU's mistakes.

Avatar image for petey_is_spidey
#10 Posted by Petey_is_Spidey (11740 posts) - - Show Bio

Bias

#11 Posted by Heatforce (6446 posts) - - Show Bio

You think you have it bad? Try being a DCEU fan. Trust me, you'll develop calluses from the pounding both DCEU haters and DC purists will inflict on your butt. Your MCU vs Fox X-Men rivalry can be explained simply: MCU fans want the X-men to go back to marvel and Fox X-men fans like (most) of what Fox has accomplished with the rights. At this point I say keep the X-Men separate. I can’t imagine a deadpool movie being done proper in the MCU due to interference from Mickey Mouse.

#12 Edited by the_stegman (40323 posts) - - Show Bio

You think you have it bad? Try being a DCEU fan. Trust me, you'll develop calluses from the pounding both DCEU haters and DC purists will inflict on your butt. Your MCU vs Fox X-Men rivalry can be explained simply: MCU fans want the X-men to go back to marvel and Fox X-men fans like (most) of what Fox has accomplished with the rights. At this point I say keep the X-Men separate. I can’t imagine a deadpool movie being done proper in the MCU due to interference from Mickey Mouse.

More or less this.

If I have to hear "Give __ back to Marvel" one more time...

#13 Edited by Heatforce (6446 posts) - - Show Bio

@the_stegman: Oh man, the purists are the worst. They act like Superman and Batman killing in live-action is an entirely new, sacrilegious concept that only Zack Snyder perpetrated. Umm didn't Burton's Batman kill without mercy and sometimes with a smile? Also, I'm pretty sure in Nolan's Dark Knight that Harvey Dent didn't break his own neck. Didn't Superman kill the Kryptonians in the theatrical version of Superman 2 and didn't he kill Nuclear man, who was sentient, in Superman 4? Bah, purists. They act like earth 1 superman and batman were forever tainted with the creation of the DCEU.

Avatar image for petey_is_spidey
#14 Posted by Petey_is_Spidey (11740 posts) - - Show Bio

@the_stegman: Oh man, the purists are the worst. They act like Superman and Batman killing in live-action is an entirely new, sacrilegious concept that only Zack Snyder perpetrated. Umm didn't Burton's Batman kill without mercy and sometimes with a smile? Also, I'm pretty sure in Nolan's Dark Knight that Harvey Dent didn't break his own neck. Didn't Superman kill the Kryptonians in the theatrical version of Superman 2 and didn't he kill Nuclear man, who was sentient, in Superman 4? Bah, purists. They act like earth 1 superman and batman were forever tainted with the creation of the DCEU.

I've heard people call Cav-El a murderer just because he JUSTIFIABLY killed Zod. ONE PERSON!

#15 Posted by Heatforce (6446 posts) - - Show Bio
@heatforce said:

I've heard people call Cav-El a murderer just because he JUSTIFIABLY killed Zod. ONE PERSON!

That was friggin self defense. Sure they can hate that the writers put him in that situation but murder!? What's even more retarded is the amount of people who claim he killed the terrorist holding Lois at the beginning of BvS. Does it matter to them that Clark said he killed no one in the film - nope. Because of how it's presented these people automatically assume "death" even though Clark says otherwise. I guess Superman is known for breaking the fourth wall and lying to the audience now smh.

#16 Posted by TheExile285 (4353 posts) - - Show Bio

#17 Edited by the_stegman (40323 posts) - - Show Bio

@heatforce: To me, the movies are Elseworlds stories. I'm not looking for an exact comic, portrayal, it's okay for the films to take liberties. Superman killed one dude, with good reasom and everyone acts like he's Injustice Superman.

#18 Posted by Heatforce (6446 posts) - - Show Bio

@heatforce: To me, the movies are Elseworlds stories. I'm not looking for an exact comic, portrayal, it's okay for the films to take liberties. Superman killed one dude, with good reasom and everyone acts like he's Injustice Superman.

Bingo. Earth 1 Superman, Reeve's superman, the animated Superman, etc., are all safe and secure. Our childhoods are protected.

Avatar image for thesilentripper
#19 Posted by TheSilentRipper (2530 posts) - - Show Bio

What?

People hate on FOX too

#20 Posted by uugieboogie (13401 posts) - - Show Bio

@asgaard said:

I wonder when the personal opinion = fact threads will end in this site... Specially when the objective of the discussion involves the gen audiences variable...

#21 Posted by Jgames (8217 posts) - - Show Bio

@petey_is_spidey said:
@heatforce said:

That was friggin self defense. Sure they can hate that the writers put him in that situation but murder!? What's even more retarded is the amount of people who claim he killed the terrorist holding Lois at the beginning of BvS. Does it matter to them that Clark said he killed no one in the film - nope. Because of how it's presented these people automatically assume "death" even though Clark says otherwise. I guess Superman is known for breaking the fourth wall and lying to the audience now smh.

The thing is that is difficult to imagine the guy being alive when he is flown through two concrete wall at supersonic speed. Is hard to suspend believe when in the first movie Superman did kill lots of innocent people by accident. It be like if I shoot someone in the head and say he is alive and not show the person being alright, it is hard to suspend believe. Not to mention apparently Superman can turn evil if Louis dies.

Also like you said,is how the scene is presented, and they did not do a good job if they wanted to convey he is alive. Maybe it does involve me wanted to see a less reckless Superman, and instead see him breaking two wall to save Louis instead of being a bit more creative.

I mean I have nothing against Superman or even Batman killing, it just that Batman killing makes him a good villain for Superman to fight with ideology and a actual fight. Except that was never presented, and to see Superman potentially kill someone with poor effort to prove the contrary with one line that can easily be missed, and still leave people doubtful, that what I have a problem with when the other person he has a problem with is just because he is aggressive. I don't like bashing on the movie since I did still find it entertaining and can see the potential, but I also want an excellent movie, not an bare minimum okay movie.

#22 Posted by DBVSE7 (8197 posts) - - Show Bio

WTH are you talking about.. out of every universe MCU has gotten the most sh*t.

Please..

#23 Posted by never give up (24994 posts) - - Show Bio
Avatar image for darkdetective27
#24 Posted by darkdetective27 (7953 posts) - - Show Bio

They made Fant4stic, so they deserve some hate.

#25 Posted by Heatforce (6446 posts) - - Show Bio

@jgames: i have to disagree with you man. I could say the same thing about captain america, Thor, etc., as the humans they hit should not be alive. But we know they don't kill fodder. Same thing with superman when he bullrushed that dude. I'm not saying he isn't going to the hospital but clark confirmed he killed no one so I'll choose to believe the character.

Avatar image for phoenixofthetides
#26 Posted by PhoenixoftheTides (4701 posts) - - Show Bio

#27 Posted by Jgames (8217 posts) - - Show Bio

@jgames: i have to disagree with you man. I could say the same thing about captain america, Thor, etc., as the humans they hit should not be alive. But we know they don't kill fodder. Same thing with superman when he bullrushed that dude. I'm not saying he isn't going to the hospital but clark confirmed he killed no one so I'll choose to believe the character.

Except Captain America does and Thor have kill so I don't think anybody care that much, also you clearly see that the human are most likely alive since their body intact, unlike the other guy that Superman bullrushed leaving nothing, but our imagination. While with Captain america we do see the body, and can guess that most likely then not who are alive unlike the guy Superman crash through two concrete. Film is a visual medium, and is more convincing that he died from being rush through two concrete wall at the sonic speed then it is that he alive because Superman said so even though it might not pertain to him and is referring to the guy with bullet wound. If they wanted us to know he alive then they would have shown his body, but they didn't meaning either they don't care or they are incompetent. Also Clark say he doesn't care what the media say, but clearly he lying as he did care for the rest of the god damn movie which was really disappointing because I genuinely believe him.

#28 Edited by N00beditor3 (413 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor and Captain America kill people in the movies but Thor and Captain America both kill people in the comics anyway. A refusal to take lives isn't a major part of their characterizations like it is for Batman and Superman. Cap killed people from the very beginning, and barring a stretch in the 80's where writers claimed he'd never ever killed anyone before, he seems mostly fine with it. He's a soldier. Knowing that he might have to end the lives of his opponents is something he knows full well.

Superman is about being better than that. Superman would have found another way. People can whine about it being self defense but the fact of the matter is he's not real. He killed someone because the writers chose to make him a murderer, just like they've chosen to depict him as a wooden, dour bore of a man.

And Clark saying a human could survive being driven through walls like that just shows this (per)version of Clark is an idiot on top of being a murderer and boring.

Avatar image for manmadeofketchup
#29 Posted by ManMadeOfKetchup (1207 posts) - - Show Bio

You must not wander the internet much. I've seen plenty of people complain about the MCU's mistakes. The difference though is Marvel tries to make up for their mistakes while Fox continues to make them

#30 Posted by PeterParkerJr (6767 posts) - - Show Bio
#31 Posted by MsSelene (518 posts) - - Show Bio
#32 Posted by quantum-savage (767 posts) - - Show Bio

Because MCU Fanboys are starting to get as big as DBZ/DBS fanboys

Avatar image for deactivated-5ba89dccd4593
#33 Edited by deactivated-5ba89dccd4593 (353 posts) - - Show Bio
Avatar image for deactivated-57c3cf21b495e
#34 Posted by deactivated-57c3cf21b495e (2448 posts) - - Show Bio

Everyone is a hypocrite.

It goes both ways, people rant about fox and ignore MCU while other people rant about MCU and ignore fox. It isn't just one franchise with that problem.

@asgaard said:

#35 Posted by HighAccuser (9696 posts) - - Show Bio

Where are you getting this from exactly? I've heard people say they have a ton of missteps look at films like Thor 2 and IM 3 two mediocore films in the same year. That was almost the nail in the coffin for me in the MCU. And their villains seem to get diminished.

#36 Edited by HighAccuser (9696 posts) - - Show Bio

@heatforce: Holy dogshit so much deflecting. Cap is WWII Vet he's killed before numerous times and Thor doesn't have a no kill rule either. None of the Avengers do. Batman has had an established no kill rule in his best stories, which makes it even worse when you have to project using straw hat arguments to other movies. So far we haven't had a film where Batman abides by it. Especially Snyders Punisher Batman. Make no mistake I have no problem with Batman killing at all in good context with good writing. But Snyder and Goyer are flunkies. Bats best stories are where he has an established no kill rule, with good writing. Secondly, if you honestly think Supes didn't kill that guy you're delusional. He got bullrushed by a pissed Kryptonian through walls. He's dead. Clark can bullshit all he wants, but anybody with half a cup of common sense knows that guy is dead. And he ravaged a village on top of it. Nice. Trust me you can like the DCEU, but when you put faith in Goyer who disses the fanbase and comic characters, Snyder who wants Batman raped, and to a lesser extent his nepotism enabling wife Deborah, you're just a Snyder fanboy. You appreciate the work of somebody who butchers comic material. You can enjoy it but Live with it. And I say this as somebody who isn't even a fan of Batman and Superman. The characters killing is fine. But when helmed by morons, you can believe that it'll turn to shit

#37 Edited by Iron Apollo (2281 posts) - - Show Bio

Because Fox's mistakes are incredibly larger and dwarf maybe even eclipse Marvel's.

Avatar image for thesilentripper
#38 Edited by TheSilentRipper (2530 posts) - - Show Bio

Because it´s a lost cause.

#39 Posted by Pipxeroth (9393 posts) - - Show Bio
Avatar image for deactivated-5967bf6197d40
#40 Posted by deactivated-5967bf6197d40 (2560 posts) - - Show Bio

Speaking as someone who likes both, Fox has made bigger mistakes. There's just no way around it. Their universe doesn't even make sense at this point. And Origins Wolverine is worse than any MCU film I've seen

#41 Edited by hyiena (5378 posts) - - Show Bio

Fox kills off a lot of characters. They make so big of mistakes they have to go back in time and erase the mistakes they have made.

#42 Posted by MakkyD (6989 posts) - - Show Bio

MCU differing majorly from the source material is the exception rather than the rule while Fox differing from the source material is the rule rather than the exception.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c9535a734784
#43 Posted by deactivated-5c9535a734784 (2578 posts) - - Show Bio

As if the mistakes the MCU makes are ever overlooked. You have Avengers: AOU which was a pretty solid movie and one of my favorite MCU films and CBM's ever made get lumped in with the likes of Catwoman and Green Lantern. Hell, Iron Man 2 and both Thor films are nearly reviled despite the fact that they're enjoyable and entertaining. There's only one really bad MCU movie and that's Thor: The Dark World. Everything else is solid and then you have gems within them. In my own opinion, there's only one Fox X men film that comes close to the highest rated MCU movies and that's First Class. Both Apocalypse and Days of Future Past are lackluster for me and the others are just meh.

#44 Posted by lariend (1338 posts) - - Show Bio

I overlook some of the MCU flaws since the movies them self are very well made, with some exceptions like the first Thor movie.

The fox movies though i don't like much att all, the rest of the movie isn't good enough for me to overlook some flaws.