Why do people hate Spiderman 3's Venom?

nfactor1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I'm legitimately curious why people hate Venom from Spiderman 3 so much. Anybody care to explain?

Leo-343

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

For me he just felt shoe horned in which was the result of Sony pushing Raimi to include him despite him not wanting to in the first place, that led to him not having enough screen time I not enough character depth to convincingly convey the reasons why he hated Peter so much. I didn't particularly mind Eddie Brock not being a huge muscular guy because that wouldn't properly represent the nemesis of Peter Parker, Brock was like an 'evil' version of him and that was better portrayed by an actor with a similar build to Maguire.

I think Venom is too big of a villain to not be the main antagonist and that's what mainly ticked people off I think.

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 94

he literally lacked the things that made Eddie/Venom interesting/sympathizable. his design wasnt bad though. He was just a bit to small.

never give up

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Eddie Brock was skinny.

Plus all I saw was Eric Foreman :)

Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Eddie Brock was skinny.

Plus all I saw was Eric Foreman :)

Topher would've been a great Peter

FailSwitch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

We wanted Kelso

KingTPhil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Because he was rushed, and it was a poor adaptation of Venom.

nfactor1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@avenging_x_bolt: Do you mean in terms of like character development? I always thought it was because of his looks and how his power was portrayed.

Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@avenging_x_bolt: Do you mean in terms of like character development? I always thought it was because of his looks and how his power was portrayed.

its both. but character development was the bigger one for me.

JTMac005

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By JTMac005

I actually liked topher grace as Brock/venom. And like @leo-343 said, he should have been the main antagonist. Focus on him and make Harry Osborne a sub-plot, and a teaser for him becoming green goblin in SM4. And also have Sandman in 4, but forget the Ben Parker killer part.

Back OT: Venom was portrayed great in 3 IMO, just needed more build up to becoming venom. And more of him being venom too, haha. Only had 1 fight

MasterKungFu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 11

I don't

dodirty31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

Spider-Man 3 was a complete bust for me. Tobey Maguire in the venom suit..... just hoooooorible! so yea it started off bad to me. once venom was put on Brock he was a lot better.

GBandit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Because he was not needed in the movie at all. He didn't fit and the actor didn't look the part at all. He is in the movie because the studio pushed the dirrector into having the character in. That is bad for business.

What did the symbiote do? All he did was make Peter dance like an idiot and-- Wait for it!- Kidnap MJ. That's original...

Venom deserves a solo movie! I dare to say he is the most dangerous villain Spidey has and they turned him into a freaking joke in that movie.

PeterParkerJr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#14  Edited By PeterParkerJr

Venom should not have been in Spider-Man 3 period. It felt forced because of the studio and obnoxious fans wanting him in it. A villain as Big Time as Venom requires a movie where only he is the main villain and not struggling for screentime with Harry Osborn's Goblin and the Sandman.

And because the movie was already so crowded, his character was rushed, poorly written, not developed well, and like leo-343 said, there wasn't enough depth to convince me as to why he hated Peter so much to the point that he had to go to Church and pray for God to kill him. He got fired, but so what? If Brock couldn't get another Photography job because of what happened at the Daily Bugle, and we see him lose his house, his car, his girl, and even get sick etc. THEN, we've got something cause Peter would have literally taken everything from him, including his health.

I didn't mind Topher as Brock either. I think he gets a little too much of the blame when it's not really his fault. I thought with better writing, he could've made a great foil to Tobey's Peter.

Jeez, the whole movie was so disappointing.

Avatar image for symbiotepsychopath
SymbiotePsychopath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The reason I didnt like him was because the guy they got to play Brock was NOTHING like him in the comics whatsoever.The guy was more of a nerd than Maguire was in the movie.Geez Eddie Brock in the comics could probably manhandle Maguire Spiderman lol

Didnt like the portrayal of Venom at all when he finally made the short appearance because once again,,, NOTHING like Venom in the comics.Best Venom is '90s Venom.Lethal Protector Venom is the true Venom.He was the ULTIMATE street leveler.

longbowhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

I really liked Topher Grace as the anti-Peter Parker. Everythng else about Venom sucked though.

Avatar image for darkdetective27
darkdetective27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 69

User Lists: 10

He looked cool, but he was played Topher Grace and yeah he just felt unnescessary and well look at the dancing skills he gave Peter.