Why do people forget Blade is the first Marvel trilogy, Black Lead Hero, and R rated Marvel Film?

• 73 results
Spambot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@stahlflamme: Well then you are talking both race and gender swap. It wouldn't go over as well but if Marvel wanted to go with a female BP in the future I wouldn't mind just as Shuri has led Wakanda and has her own suit.

Avatar image for staticdwanyemcduffie
StaticDwanyeMcduffie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44: 19 or 20 years doesn't seem that far to make it seems like people just talk out they ass.

StaticDwanyeMcduffie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Spawn or Steel the first black comic-book lead even if it tanked badly

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By jashro44

@jashro44: 19 or 20 years doesn't seem that far to make it seems like people just talk out they ass.

That is basically my life time LOL

MAZAHS117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I haven’t forgotten. Hell, I remember cutting class to go see Blade. It’s just 1998 was a long a$$ time ago and people just don’t remember or memory fades. The first Blade is probably as old if not older than some of the ‘Viners on this very thread! It’s also not like the first movie was heavily marketed as a “Marvel” or even a “Comicbook” movie if IIRC too ?

GodxDarkxOpal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Because its not made for children-A.K.A. Disney didn't have their hands in it. Once you realize that if its not Disney, its not good. And if its not good for your children, its not good for them.

sirfizzwhizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#59  Edited By sirfizzwhizz
StaticDwanyeMcduffie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

sirfizzwhizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jedixman said:
@sirfizzwhizz said:

Many people forget Blade was the first black actor lead film,not the progressive Black Panther film... why?

Excuse me, sir, but I believe you have forgotten an earlier film.

No Caption Provided

Ok after some research I have some counters. Thats a DC hero not Marvels first black lead hero which Liberal Media is claiming. Blade and Luke Cage, then Black Panther as far as film goes.

@revan- said:

Excuse me, my good man:

No Caption Provided

False, Meteor Man was a spin off comic by MGM Studios working with Marvel to promote the film more. Its not a comic before the film mate. Does not count really.

Revan-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By Revan-

@sirfizzwhizz: I never said it was a CBM, I said it was a superhero movie.

sirfizzwhizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By sirfizzwhizz

@revan- said:

@sirfizzwhizz: I never said it was a CBM, I said it was a superhero movie.

Got ya. My title was stated Marvel though which is what i thought you were proving me wrong. marvel was only attach for a spin off and paycut from the MGM studios. I meant a strictly Marvel own property. Semantics I guess.

MrAugen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think for many audiences the "Marvel" label didn't really stick until 2008 and it was like a reset of sorts with the MCU.

I fully expect Captain Marvel to be reported by many outlets as "Marvel's First Female Led Superhero Movie!" completely ignoring Elektra.

sirfizzwhizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By sirfizzwhizz

@mraugen said:

I think for many audiences the "Marvel" label didn't really stick until 2008 and it was like a reset of sorts with the MCU.

I fully expect Captain Marvel to be reported by many outlets as "Marvel's First Female Led Superhero Movie!" completely ignoring Elektra.

lol true. Though MCU first female lead film, not movie but film, is Jessica Jones which will also be ignored.

Druzzie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By Druzzie

He's not. He was surrounded by White Casts, with White Co-Stars, White Directors, White Vampires, and White Storyteller. Black Panther on the other hand is ALL black in every aspect of production, THAT is being celebrated taht YES, Black people TOO can make block buster epics like the white folks or Chinese. Even the extras here was black, it was symbolic of showing that on screen.

Also, it also show that African mythology can sells world wide, so expect more films like that to be made if Black Panthers do very well.

BeastMonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not sure but iirc Black panther was the first black superhero or first black marvel superhero! So people are probably taking that into account here

Avatar image for ultra_supermanking
Ultra_SupermanKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

because the MCU circle jerk is at an all time high

MainJP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Because no one cares.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ad6141e8751d
deactivated-5ad6141e8751d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

john cena never gave up

kall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By kall

edit:: just saw this post was kinda old....meeh, I find all forum posts via google and then type replies

@poeticwarrior said:

Same as everyone forgetting Elektra as the first solo female superhero.

assassin/hero..fine, ok....but not super...you are only super if you have super powers, cap is also a hero, not a superhero

i did not hate Electra the movie, it was much better than ben affleck daredevil :P

@jashugan said:

Modern man doesn't remember that blade was a superhero

moderns humans does, however short attention span millennials does not remember

@stahlflamme said:

Why was everyone cool with Catwomans race change, but not human torches?

Me personally did not even know it was DC catwoman she was going to play, thought she was just a nutty cat burglar with no connection to the comics, guess i was wrong, but about the question of black or white catwoman vs black or white human torch is a big difference, johnny have a sister, not half sister, but both are children of franklin storm and mary storm, both parents are white(Caucasian or how US citizens call it, which is wrong as Caucasian is a race of people and not color of the skin).

If they wanted to use a black johnny storm then why not a black susan storm? it would still be wrong, but it would fit much better.

I think what people hate the most, like idris elba who is portraying one my people's old Gods is not that they went against logic and "history", but that they MUST force a black person in there out of inclusiveness(they really MUST do it or they will not be allowed to film) and PC culture.

If they want more colored people in various roles then attack the writers to write something aimed at that, dont make a documentary and use a black pope in the 1100th....

I personally dont care anymore as hollywood seem to be just a cesspool of sexual deviant and perverted criminals that try to push political messages :P

Marvelx13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Because Blade isn't a superhero. And just goes to show how no one cares. Black Panther is the first.

Straight-Fire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#73  Edited By Straight-Fire

Because people don't think the films was that good and therefore are forgotten?