Why do people complain about Spider-Man being rebooted but never Batman?

ErentheGhoul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

“We don’t need to see Uncle Ben die again”

“Oh another reboot”

If for some reason it does get rebooted again, that will only make four Spider-Man actors since 2002. Batman has had like 6 or 7 live action Batman’s, and they reboot pretty much every time. But Holland is so sacred to people even though he’s the most inaccurate version. Another reboot wouldn’t bother me any.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ed476aa4e89a
deactivated-5ed476aa4e89a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I honestly have no clue...

Killermovies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I guess because most Batman movies end with loose ends tied up before they get rebooted. Spider-Man 3 ended with Harry's death and maybe an implication that Peter and MJ would get back together, ASM ended prematurely, and now FFH is going to end on a cliffhanger.

Shinne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

People complain about Batman and Superman getting rebooted all the damn time, so I have no clue what you're talking about.

Avatar image for supermanfan1938
Supermanfan1938

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batman has gotten closure. But Raimi was planning to make a Spider-Man 4, and there were plans to make TASM 3 for Garfield, and future MCU movies for Holland so that's why people are upset. But personally I'm fed up with the Batman and Superman reboots too. I want a good Superman movie in the 21st century already.

ErentheGhoul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

NerdAttack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There are many variables to take into account, but the main is Time.
Sam Raimi's trilogy ended in 2007, then a reboot came only 5 years later, with Amazing Spiderman, which ended in 2014.
THEN... only 4 years later, reboot #2 came with Civil War in 2018. There is such little time between each incarnation.
Now lets compare to Batman

Tim Burton kicked it off in 1989 with Batman, then Batman returns in 1992. Then two films came after to awful acclaim by both critics and fans, in 1995 and 1997. Reboot time:
8 years later, Batman Begins. Now this had the advantage of coming after absolutely terrible Batman movies, so people wanted to clear the awful taste. It was also a completely different take on the character, nearly incomparable to the original saga.
This trilogy ended in 2012 with Rises.

Then Batman vs Superman in 2016, only 4 years later... but the thing is. This did get a lot of controversy as being too soon after The Dark Knight. This batman last appears in Justice League in 2017, lasting only 1 year. And is being rebooted again for 2021, to very much controversy. So no, Batman is not immune, but in general it is because of the time differences.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d635cb0b91b4
deactivated-5d635cb0b91b4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

People complain about everything

People complain about people complaining about not complaining enough about how some people complain more than others, or complain more about one thing rather than another. And I guess then there’s me complaining about all of it, real mind duck