Why Do People Care That Netflix Iron Fist is White?

• 125 results
WeAreTheFlash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I think that Finn was great. Iron Fist was originally white in the comics. So why is everybody so salty?

Avatar image for firestormfate1919
FirestormFate1919

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's really dumb, I don't know how you can white-wash a white character, but half the reviews have this as a top issue. I thought the series was very flawed, but not at all for this reason. I thought Danny really failed as a character because of the writing, Finn himself did a good job.

BlueHope

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

inb4 conspiracy theory that sjws manipulated most Iron Fist reviews.

Project_Worm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

Because they're kind of racists I think... They hear about a master martial arts expert and assume he should be Asian... It's weird that keeping him white is considered white washing

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Because martial arts is an Asian thing. Or something...

Lawz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Anyone who actually cares he is white is an A$$ hole.

Avatar image for captainmarvel4ever
CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Because they want click bait

uugieboogie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Because they're kind of racists I think... They hear about a master martial arts expert and assume he should be Asian... It's weird that keeping him white is considered white washing

Avatar image for ultra_supermanking
Ultra_SupermanKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Because politics are cancer.

Avatar image for deactivated-5df99b4bb2d5b
deactivated-5df99b4bb2d5b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Because SJW say the race of a character doesn't matter, but in reality it matters a lot to them. So hypocrisy?

mrmonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Because internet trolls just love to whine. It get's them the attention that they can't live without.

But seriously, can we just stop caring about race in movies. I don't care that Deadshot was black in Suicide Squad, or that the Major is white in Ghost in the Shell. All I care about is enjoying movies and TV shows.

WastelandMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Because people are stupid.

Avatar image for lord_adamantium
Lord_Adamantium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Lord_Adamantium

No. I am glad they did not change his skin color and ethnicity.

I don't think they should change major character's color and ethnicity but for minor ones I think it is perfectly fine.

Finn is a terrible actor though and is not naturally athletic, did not put on any muscle for the part, and was lazy and half-assed his training and it shows.

The actors who played Daredevil and Luke Cage hit the gym and trained hard and it showed in the final results.

Avatar image for general_disarray
General_Disarray

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

yeh i thought this was weird also, but stupid people make the most noise on the internet

OldBoy93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Because PC is a mental disorder. Asian people "asian-wash" western traditions and stories all the time and nobody cares.

Saint Seiya - Greek Myholgy \ Western Astrology

Lupin - The original character is french

Monsters - 99% of monsters in manga and anime are derived from Lovecraft's mythos

Dragon Ball Z - The Saiyan saga is basically Superman story (Goku is Supes, Vegeta is Zodd)

Detective Conan - Sherlock Holmes \ Hercule Poirot (Conan Doyle, Agatha Christie)

Berserk - Medieval Europe setting

One Piece - Fantasy world who takes inspiration from western pirates

Seriously, I can do this all day

Rubear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Rubear

@sanitrize1999: Because all SJW are racists who hate white people, that's why.

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 rogueshadow  Moderator

I don't think they should change major character's color and ethnicity but for minor ones I think it is perfectly fine.

Finn is a terrible actor though and is not naturally athletic, did not put on any muscle for the part, and was lazy and half-assed his training and it shows.

The actors who played Daredevil and Luke Cage hit the gym and trained hard and it showed in the final results.

He had three weeks to train:

"Well, here's the situation", he begins, explaining that he only had three weeks to train before filming. "Unfortunately, with the filming schedule, I wasn't given as much time as I would have liked to continue the training. Shooting for 12 or 14 hours a day took its toll. I was learning those fight scenes just 15 minutes before we shot them, because that was the schedule... It would be 2am, 3am, I'd just done a long day of work, and usually the stunt department would come up and say "Hey, right, we've got this huge 30 person fight and you've got to learn it right now. So I was learning it on the spot, within 15-20 minutes, and then shooting it. That was the reality for six months."

Thorthunder98

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Asgaard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Asgaard

Why Do People Care That Netflix Iron Fist should not be White?

BullPR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They should not.

Lord_Adamantium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Lord_Adamantium

@rogueshadow said:
@lord_adamantium said:

"Well, here's the situation", he begins, explaining that he only had three weeks to train before filming. "Unfortunately, with the filming schedule, I wasn't given as much time as I would have liked to continue the training. Shooting for 12 or 14 hours a day took its toll. I was learning those fight scenes just 15 minutes before we shot them, because that was the schedule... It would be 2am, 3am, I'd just done a long day of work, and usually the stunt department would come up and say "Hey, right, we've got this huge 30 person fight and you've got to learn it right now. So I was learning it on the spot, within 15-20 minutes, and then shooting it. That was the reality for six months."

3 weeks is more than enough time to put on from 5-10 lbs of muscle, get your stances down pat, develop power and speed and skill in your basic movements and hone your balance and agility. He half-assed his training and diet regimen is all.

He also had an entire 6 months during filming to further hone his skill, build muscle, diet properly perfect his stances, flexibility, and movement, power, and speed which he half-assed also.

I could take any average person and make them camera-ready and fight ready in 3 weeks. It would be tough training but it can be done. The toughest part would be flexibility depending on their genetics but an hour devoted to stretching every day prior to training would do the trick.

Finn is just lazy and it shows.

I can cut him a bit of slack for not learning the fight scenes ahead of time but his power, speed, stances, and execution are what are crap, as well as his poor physique.

He is just full of excuses instead of admitting that he was lazy and didn't train his hardest nor follow the correct nutritional protocol.

Avatar image for deactivated-5fb6c77c8d900
deactivated-5fb6c77c8d900

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Because they want attention for nothing. They have no point.

Avatar image for dextersinister1
Dextersinister1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bluehope said:

You didn't really think about this comment, it's not really a conspiracy when many reviewers openly express there displeasure about his race.

WeAreTheFlash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lord_adamantium: Ha... You say it is easy to gain 10 pounds of muscle in 3 weeks? Ha. Let's see you try to do that. Anyways, there is a reason why all shirtless scenes in movies are almost always the first to get shot, because the actors get so busy filming and stuff that they start to slip. Sylvester Stallon for Rocky, always tried to film the fight scenes first.

BlueHope

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bluehope said:

You didn't really think about this comment, it's not really a conspiracy when many reviewers openly express there displeasure about his race.

Most don't talk about his race being a issue.

What most critics have in common is talking about the amateur choreography and how takes 4/5 episodes before the series start getting a better pace.

Thekillerklok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Thekillerklok

Because racism... how dare a white male character practice martial arts and display a non-white culture... something... something... cultural appropriation...

Avatar image for lone_wolf_and_cub
Lone_Wolf_and_Cub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's cool to hate on whites,now obviously. Haters gonna hate.

Lord_Adamantium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Lord_Adamantium

@sanitrize1999 said:

@lord_adamantium: Ha... You say it is easy to gain 10 pounds of muscle in 3 weeks? Ha. Let's see you try to do that. Anyways, there is a reason why all shirtless scenes in movies are almost always the first to get shot, because the actors get so busy filming and stuff that they start to slip. Sylvester Stallon for Rocky, always tried to film the fight scenes first.

I have gained 10 lbs+ lbs in 3 weeks. It is not difficult at all if you know what you are doing. The average male can gain from 5-10 lbs in three weeks. You likely do not know much about weight training and gaining lean-body-mass and have no experience so you have no frame of reference and just assume that it can't be done. It can be and I have done it many, many times.

Hugh Jackman maintained his physique throughout most movie shoots and so did many other actors. Finn never even bothered to gain muscle and therefore had nothing to maintain.

They don't get busy per se some just get lazy. It is really easy to maintain muscle once it is built. Building it takes intensity. Maintaining it does not.

Sylvester Stallone also had to direct as well as act so he had 2 full plates, plus he used steroids and had to cycle off of them part of the way into shooting or risk the consequences.

comicace3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

Because they haven't read his comics.

Spambot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't think any one and I mean any one really cares. Some people just think its their job to pretend to care about such things.

comicace3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rogueshadow said:
@lord_adamantium said:

3 weeks is more than enough time to put on from 5-10 lbs of muscle,get your stances down pat, develop power and speed and skill in your basic movements and hone your balance and agility. He half-assed his training and diet regimen is all.

He also had an entire 6 months during filming to further hone his skill, build muscle, diet properly perfect his stances, flexibility, and movement, power, and speed which he half-assed also.

I could take any average person and make them camera-ready and fight ready in 3 weeks. It would be tough training but it can be done. The toughest part would be flexibility depending on their genetics but an hour devoted to stretching every day prior to training would do the trick.

I can cut him a bit of slack for not learning the fight scenes ahead of time but his power, speed, stances, and execution are what are crap, as well as his poor physique.

He is just full of excuses instead of admitting that he was lazy and didn't train his hardest nor follow the correct nutritional protocol.

For who?!?!

Lord_Adamantium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Lord_Adamantium

@comicace3 said:
@lord_adamantium said:
@rogueshadow said:
@lord_adamantium said:

3 weeks is more than enough time to put on from 5-10 lbs of muscle,get your stances down pat, develop power and speed and skill in your basic movements and hone your balance and agility. He half-assed his training and diet regimen is all.

For who?!?!

For the average person who has a good trainer and follows the proper workout, nutrition, and supplementation regimen. Those genetically predisposed to gain more muscle faster would see even more impressive gains. I myself and a slim-mesomorph and gain even faster than that although even a below average gainer should gain at least 5 lbs of solid muscle in three weeks following the protocol that i have referenced above.

Also My first day of Wing Chun training at the kwoon of an actual Chinese master I nearly passed out and had to crawl to the bathroom (his assistant instructor was really short and jealous of my height so he pushed the entire class to where many in-shape students vomited just to try and break me,. I didn't break: once the light-headed feeling eased some I went out and finished the class). The next day at my first class of Hung Gar I could barely walk after class because of stance work<----these are the levels at which Finn should have been trained (both the martial arts and the weight training) from day one and every day with the weekends off where he only stretched and did internal exercises so he could recover fully for the next, even more intensive, week.

The body is capable of much much more than sedentary people realize. But you can't half-ass it or be lazy like Finn or you won't get the results.

Avatar image for marvelanddcfan24
MarvelandDCfan24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Because people live to complain

WeAreTheFlash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By WeAreTheFlash
Lord_Adamantium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Lord_Adamantium

@sanitrize1999 said:

@lord_adamantium: You're over doing it.

Fixed^

I am over-doing what exactly?

Intensity is how you force the body to grow and progress.

Once my body adapted to those tough sessions they became much easier.

comicace3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@comicace3 said:
@lord_adamantium said:
@rogueshadow said:
@lord_adamantium said:

For who?!?!

For the average person who has a good trainer and follows the proper workout, nutrition, and supplementation regimen. Those genetically predisposed to gain more muscle faster would see even more impressive gains. I myself and a slim-mesomorph and gain even faster than that although even a below average gainer should gain at least 5 lbs of solid muscle in three weeks following the protocol that i have referenced above.

If the average person were someone like steve rogers who got the super soldier serum.

I'm calling bullshit. It's impossible to gain 5-10 pounds or muscle in 3 weeks unless you are on some sort of steroid cycle. Even then, it's still nearly impossible.

Also My first day of Wing Chun training at the kwoon of an actual Chinese master I nearly passed out and had to crawl to the bathroom (his assistant instructor was really short and jealous of my height so he pushed the entire class to where many in-shape students vomited just to try and break me). The next day at my first class of Hung Gar I could barely walk after class because of stance work<----these are the levels at which Finn should have been trained (both the martial arts and the weight training) from day one and every day with the weekends off where he only stretched and did internal exercises so he could recover fully for the next, even more, intensive week.

*Does intense martial arts training

*Nearly passes out

*Does Kung fu class next day

*Fatigued after stance work

Either this is more bullshit or you're a comic character.

But lets say I take you seriously for a moment. This is just even more proof that its not possible to gain an absurd amount of muscle in a short period of time. I've done martial arts as well, and like a normal human there have been times where I couldn't even walk right with the amount of intense training I went through. You mean to tell me that it is still possible to gain 5-10 pounds of muscle while still being able to go through intense training such as this? How many hours do you think it would require to achieve this? Cuz it is definitely in the same amount of time as three weeks.

The body is capable of much much more than sedentary people realize. But you can't half-ass it or be lazy like Finn or you won't get the results.

Alright Captain America.

Lord_Adamantium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Lord_Adamantium

@comicace3 said:
@lord_adamantium said:
@comicace3 said:
@lord_adamantium said:
@rogueshadow said:
@lord_adamantium said:

For who?!?!

If the average person were someone like steve rogers who got the super soldier serum.

I'm calling bullshit. It's impossible to gain 5-10 pounds or muscle in 3 weeks unless you are on some sort of steroid cycle. Even then, it's still nearly impossible.

Also My first day of Wing Chun training at the kwoon of an actual Chinese master I nearly passed out and had to crawl to the bathroom (his assistant instructor was really short and jealous of my height so he pushed the entire class to where many in-shape students vomited just to try and break me). The next day at my first class of Hung Gar I could barely walk after class because of stance work<----these are the levels at which Finn should have been trained (both the martial arts and the weight training) from day one and every day with the weekends off where he only stretched and did internal exercises so he could recover fully for the next, even more, intensive week.

*Nearly passes out

But lets say I take you seriously for a moment. This is just even more proof that its not possible to gain an absurd amount of muscle in a short period of time. I've done martial arts as well, and like a normal human there have been times where I couldn't even walk right with the amount of intense training I went through. You mean to tell me that it is still possible to gain 5-10 pounds of muscle while still being able to go through intense training such as this? How many hours do you think it would require to achieve this? Cuz it is definitely in the same amount of time as three weeks.

Alright Captain America.

You have never lifted weights intensively for 3 weeks then if you feel that it takes the super soldier serum to gain 5-10 lbs in 3 week. With today's supplements, the proper nutrition, and the right training program it is common-place to gain that much. Actually if you don't you are doing something very wrong or have a testosterone deficiency, endocrine issues, pituitary problems or some other physical problem. 5-10 lbs in 3 weeks is nothing. With steroids you would likely gain 20+ lbs in the same amount of time let alone steroids+HGH (human growth hormone). You are simply speculating because of your lack of experience in the area and you are completely mistaken.

I could put you on a weight-training, nutrition, and supplementation plan that would easily garner you 5-10 lbs of muscle in 3 week 9wtih most coming in the first week) but you had to adhere to it and not half-ass it. That is, like i stated, unless you have some physical handicaps or genetic issues and even then 2-5 lbs may be possible within that time-frame.

No my friend the body is capable of much more than you know because you have not trained. It does not take a comic book character to goto 2 tough martial arts classes in 2 days. it was tough, it was hell, it hurt...a LOT...but i did it and i survived it and got stronger.

I challenge you to go to one martial arts class and another the next day. You can do it. it will be very difficult. But you can make it through it. Millions of people have gone through much much more than that. Heck my first and second days of construction work, roofing, and brick-laying (my first week actually) were tougher than that from a willpower/pain/endurance standpoint.

It is normal to get light-headed when starting a workout regimen. The next day you may be sore and fatigued but you can still go to your next class you just have to push yourself.

Well, my friends have called me a genetic freak but I am just a slim-mesomorph with a relatively high metabolism who is athletic. There are literally hundreds of thousands of people like me in the United States alone.

1 hour of stretching/warm-up+ 45 minutes of weight training+ 1 hour of stance work, speed, power, and technique training 5 days a week would be all Finn would have needed. with the weekends being for stretching and internal forms and work only for recovery.

Many mma fighters both amateur and pro get in shape with only 3 weeks notice and gain strength, size, speed, and endurance. often times they go from laying on the couch to training when another fighter is injured or pulls out of the show.

Finn is just lazy.

comicace3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By comicace3

@lord_adamantium said:

You have never lifted weights intensively for 3 weeks then if you feel that it takes the super soldier serum to gain 5-10 lbs in 3 week. With today's supplements, the proper nutrition, and the right training program it is common-place to gain that much. Actually if you don't you are doing something very wrong or have a testosterone deficiency, endocrine issues, pituitary problems or some other physical problem. 5-10 lbs in 3 weeks is nothing. With steroids you would likely gain 20+ lbs in the same amount of time let alone steroids+HGH (human growth hormone). You are simply speculating because of your lack of experience in the area and you are completely mistaken.

You're honestly digging yourself into a deeper hole. I'll need some proof.

I could put you on a weight-training, nutrition, and supplementation plan that would easily garner you 5-10 lbs of muscle in 3 week 9wtih most coming in the first week) but you had to adhere to it and not half-ass it. That is, like i stated, unless you have some physical handicaps or genetic issues and even then 2-5 lbs may be possible within that time-frame.

On second thought. Send me this nutrition plan. You can pm me. I'll get back to you in three weeks if it works.

comicace3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rogueshadow: Sorry for taggin you a lot. That can be annoying.

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 rogueshadow  Moderator
Lord_Adamantium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Lord_Adamantium

@comicace3 said:
@lord_adamantium said:
@comicace3 said:
@lord_adamantium said:
@comicace3 said:
@lord_adamantium said:
@rogueshadow said:
@lord_adamantium said:

For who?!?!

*Nearly passes out

Alright Captain America.

You're honestly digging yourself into a deeper hole. I'll need some proof.

On second thought. Send me this nutrition plan. You can pm me. I'll get back to you in three weeks if it works.

I am not digging a hole at all. You just have no frame of reference so you don't understand that it is simplicity itself to gain 5-10 lbs in three weeks. You think what is commonplace is some sort of superhuman feat that only exists in the comic books because you have never tried it yourself. if you had you would know it is easily done. What proof exactly would suffice that you would not downplay or deny simply to try and win an argument concerning something that you have no knowledge or experience in?

I don't train people for free and there is no guarantee that you wouldn't half-ass it and not adhere to the training, supplementation, and nutritional regimen or train with the proper intensity for the entire 3 weeks. from what I gather I suspect that you do not seem to have the willpower for it.

Well, my friends have called me a genetic freak but I am just a slim-mesomorph with a relatively high metabolism who is athletic. There are literally hundreds of thousands of people like me in the United States alone.

1 hour of stretching/warm-up+ 45 minutes of weight training+ 1 hour of stance work, speed, power, and technique training 5 days a week would be all Finn would have needed. with the weekends being for stretching and internal forms and work only for recovery.

Many mma fighters both amateur and pro get in shape with only 3 weeks notice and gain strength, size, speed, and endurance. often times they go from laying on the couch to training when another fighter is injured or pulls out of the show.

Finn is just lazy.

legacy6364

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By legacy6364

Society is ignorant.

oogienj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ironically the people that are complaining are the true racists if they assume that someone who knows Kung Fu needs to be Asian, just automatically.

It's really stupid and aggravating. The new thing in this world is the desperation to let everyone know how "I'm offended" and be politically correct and self-righteous and "different" and BS like that. It is an attitude that ruins a lot of things. The first thing that comes to mind for me is the people that felt Batgirl was being "oppressed" on that banned comic book cover of her being held at gun-point by Joker. Like...no...they have a history together and the cover illustrated that phenomenally. But since these people, like the ones bashing Iron Fist, need to make sure everything that "offends" them is heard, we can't enjoy that cover.

As for Iron Fist, these people felt the need to find an absurd basis of judgment because ya know there's always something that offends someone somehow, and that was "oh why can't Marvel be more diverse meh why isn't Danny Rand Asian we are oppressed" despite the most recent Netflix show, Luke Cage,starring a black man surrounded by other black actors, or Daredevil being a blind man, or Jessica Jones being a woman...or the fact that the comic book Danny Rand is white in the first place and being white is a part of his character.

An Asian guy finding K'un Lun and becoming the grand Kung Fu master! Wow super not cliched. There are plenty of Asian monks there, isn't that enough? It's supposed to be the point that he's an outsider being taught by these people to achieve the iron fist, not just another Asian guy.

Whoever thinks like this needs to have a more open mind and stop obsessing over the "I'm offended" attitude. You miss the point if you do.

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@oogienj: I'm offensive and I find this Asian.

oogienj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By oogienj
renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@oogienj: Stop oppressing me cisgender scum.

Lord_Adamantium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Meh. While I personally am ok with the fact that they kept Danny white and blond haired I don't presume to tell Asians or any other ethnicity nor women what they should and shouldn't be offended by. If they are offended then that is fine with and i respect their opinions me because I realize I do not have their perspective on the matter.

I presume it is probably about inclusion and the fact that Kung Fu originated in China and they thought it might be a great way to have an Asian introduced prominently into the MCU. which is understandable.

Revan-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@oldboy93 said:

Because PC is a mental disorder. Asian people "asian-wash" western traditions and stories all the time and nobody cares.

Saint Seiya - Greek Myholgy \ Western Astrology

Lupin - The original character is french

Monsters - 99% of monsters in manga and anime are derived from Lovecraft's mythos

Dragon Ball Z - The Saiyan saga is basically Superman story (Goku is Supes, Vegeta is Zodd)

Detective Conan - Sherlock Holmes \ Hercule Poirot (Conan Doyle, Agatha Christie)

Berserk - Medieval Europe setting

One Piece - Fantasy world who takes inspiration from western pirates

Seriously, I can do this all day

The amount of bullshit you fit into one post. I. . . .can't. . .

oogienj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nickzambuto

I hate diversity and my goal is to offend all! I support Iron Fist's disregard for all Asians! Your green hat is stupid!