• 104 results
Avatar image for linsanel_doctor
linsanel_Doctor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Because they love one or both of these characters, they have formed an opinion and they enjoy getting their points out there for everyone to see.

Yuppers, I think so too.

SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#102 SC  Moderator

Well... A. 78% of people probably aren't arguing about Hulk or Superman, they are arguing about themselves and why they are better than other people contrary to what life has told them so far and having a fictional avatar to fight their battles is a lot easier than doing stuff in real life. It makes details easier to blur over and naturally its a lot more personal without sounding personal, hence really strong opinions.

B. They are fictional characters, which means they have no hard set values. As an example if the Superman character could just throw Hulk up in to space why doesn't he do that to other characters like Doomsday? Even characters who can fly Superman would benefit from getting them away from Earth to minimize collateral damage, and give him more tactical options.

C. Superman is a fictional character, he can lift twenty billion Earths with his left knee and so can Aunt May, depending on a writer and other factors. If a person thinks that one story example of Superman doing something means anything substantial? Like sets a standard on what he should be able to do? Then I am not sure that person understands how fiction works or consistency, or facts or science or set standards are. Sure it may demonstrate consistency, as in a relative subjective value, but its not an absolute nor will many writers really care (prioritize) about such details.

D. Ego. Fairness. Challenge. Bragging rights. Superman could possibly do that, but people will still argue because the Earth doesn't have arms that punch back at Superman's face when he tries to lift it. Also many fans would prefer believing Superman doesn't need to resort to throwing the Hulk away, to some fans that may sound cowardly. They would prefer Superman demonstrate superiority fist to fist with the Hulk so the idea of throwing the Hulk would only elicit a shrug.

cfrehse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

thats why i dont read supes comics. His power fluctuates like crazy. He flies from pluto to earth in 3 seconds but cheetah can tag him. Hel can tag him. Why could't he dodge the omega beams if he is that fast? I like vulnerable characters that have a consistent power level in comics like most of the avengers and x-men. So ya supes could smash hulk if he has his powers in certain issues

LimpoyzLoan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cfrehse: That's the thing, his combat and reaction speed isn't as fast. See the thing about Superman is that over time, he accelerates that fast. If he could go that fast in an instant, all his fights would be cake. But even still, I don't even see Hulk tagging Superman in combat speed. He can go near the speed of light almost instantly.

cfrehse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105  Edited By cfrehse

@limpoyzloani do agree he could do that. But his morals wouldn't let him go over the speed of light in the atmosphere. He would go hyper sonic for sure. if supes went all out he would beat pretty much anyone

Avatar image for texasdeathmatch
texasdeathmatch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hardcorefakes: Hah, you're about a month late and completely missing the context if you think I'm "butthurt." Good one, champ. Keep making up corny-ass terms that won't catch on.