User Lists: 0

Cottonmouth being killed off.

LordWhiskers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

Cottonmouth's death and I don't find Mike Colter to be charismatic in any capacity. Already hated his sad attempts at playing a Halo protagonist.

Avatar image for lord_adamantium
Lord_Adamantium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Lord_Adamantium

I enjoyed it despite the miscasting of Colter imo. He did a good job but doesn't look at all like most iterations Comic Book Luke Cage imo

rahiem9123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By rahiem9123

I feel like adding in the Judas bullets were a mistake surely the next time a super villian or thug has a problem with cage they can acquire some bullets from hammer tech and hurt him

Avatar image for firestormfate1919
FirestormFate1919

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cottonmouth was the only interesting character on the show. When he died, so did my interest. I still watched all the way through for the sake of supporting comic-book content, but I was bored out of my mind. Diamondback was one of the cringiest characters I've ever experienced, and I couldn't take him seriously at all.

Cottonmouth was great, the music was great, and I think the accurate depiction of Harlem culture was great. But all the other characters and the plotline were either boring or outright bad.

PeterParkerJr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Thekillerklok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The last few episodes where just awful...

I recommend the series actually...

just stop watching after cottonmouth dies.

uugieboogie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By uugieboogie

I liked the show overall. I didn't like Diamondback though, or their fight. And Cottonmouth shouldn't have been killed off. Oh, and Misty Knight needed more nude scenes.

DarthAznable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Luke's actor has the charisma of a dead turtle.

Avatar image for deactivated-5fb6c77c8d900
deactivated-5fb6c77c8d900

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

It was the weakest of the Netflix MCU rundown.

The best parts included Cottonmouth and the brief Method Man rap scene. Other than that, just not very good at all.

DSTREET45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I liked the show overall. I didn't like Diamondback though, or their fight. And Cottonmouth shouldn't have been killed off. Oh, and Misty Knight needed more nude scenes.

Gotoucanario

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It was just dull, I never thought to myself "wow this sucks" but I also never thought "wow" at all.

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 rogueshadow  Moderator

@uugieboogie said:

OldBoy93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cottonmouth's death and I don't find Mike Colter to be charismatic in any capacity. Already hated his sad attempts at playing a Halo protagonist.

^this

BullPR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cottonmouth was a very interesting character.

I would have watched a series around him.

He kept the first part of the season at a reasonable level.

After his death, the arc with Diamondback went pretty bad...

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bc0cd36084
deactivated-5d6bc0cd36084

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Luke's actor wasn't the problem, it was the script he was given. The last scene of the second episode proved that he was interesting and could act well when needed to, but aside from that scene his acting skill was never again properly utilized.

mrmonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

1. Too slow pacing
  2. None of the action scenes were good. Luke Cage was too overpowered for anyone but Diamondback to give him a real fight.
  3. I didn't like any of the characters, not even Cottonmouth and Luke himself
  4. I wish they used less soul/R&B music. I know they put it there because it's Harlem, but did they have to put so much?
Penguin-Dust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Penguin-Dust

I liked it overall, but I think it floundered after Cottonmouth's death. He's a hard act to follow similar to the Kingpin in Daredevil which might be why season 2 didn't really have a single-focused villain. There were also more than a few cheesy moments in the second half of the series especially everyone chanting "Luke, Luke, Luke" in the last episode. Cage, Misty Knight, and of course Claire Temple were great as were Shades, Bobby Fish and Pops. Alfre Woodard is good in practically everything. I think it was mostly scripting errors in the later half that derailed what could have been the 2nd best season behind DD1. Oh, and I loved the soundtrack.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#20 the_stegman  Moderator

It was too slow for me. Also, the music was distracting. Do we need an entire song in a scene?

mindleech

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By mindleech

Diamondback sucked, Cottonmouth was killed off too early and fight scenes were not intense.

RBT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Because apart from Mahershala Ali, it had absolutely nothing going on for itself.

mindleech

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rbt said:

Because apart from Mahershala Ali, it had absolutely nothing going on for itself.

No Caption Provided

black_wreath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 109

It created something of an awkward atmosphere when I watched it for the first time with some friends.

They all speak English great but one is Chinese, one is Sri Lankan and the other is Filipino - they were frequently turning to me of all people to explain the dialogue... I am white as a ghost, I didn't always have an answer... We live really far from Harlem.

Also I was kinda disappointed in Mike Colter's performance since I loved him in American Horror Story: Coven.

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By rogueshadow  Moderator
  • Diamondback was pretty bad. He shouldn't have appeared in this season to begin with, the Cottonmouth/Black Mariah dynamic should've been further explored. I would have loved a scene between Kingpin and Cottonmouth. Alas, he was too pure for this world. RIP sweet prince.
  • The music was sometimes unnecessary, it sometimes felt like we took a break from the show to watch a music video to be honest. But the music was pretty great most of the time so it didn't bother me too much.
  • I don't think the problem was Colter, he was way cooler in Jessica Jones, where he seemed to have better dialogue and had bags more chemistry with Jessica than anybody in Luke Cage I can recall other than Pop, who died a couple of episodes in.
  • The fights did become tiresome pretty quickly. Seems like they blew their load on Crispus Attucks. I still think Shades should've been an Inhuman rather than introducing DB as the physical threat.
  • Judas Bullets are gonna be an issue moving forwards.
  • Low budget struck hard on both Luke Cage and Iron Fist alike, both are at the latter end of street-level. Story-wise and budget-wise an 8 - 10 episode season would have helped them both.

I did like it though, there was good stuff too.

Black_Arrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Black_Arrow

The Diamondback plot came out of nowhere and It made no sense, It almost made me feel like I missed an episode. How did he went from being thrown into prison, to becoming a supplier of super human weapons? The problem with this, is that it's vital for his confrontation with Luke, a person who he swore vengance against before he had any powers, it's extremely coicidental that he has the power to face Luke (problem is, it's not the only big coincidence). Also Diamondback just sucked as a villain and Cotton Mouth was way better. Shades broke my immersion because of how convinient his character was for the plot to work. He had to be Cottonmouth's childhood friend, an enforcer for the prision guards and later he had to work for Diamondback, all of those actions took place on completely different places and they had no relation with one another until it was convinient.

I liked Misty Knight, Luke, Pop and Claire but to me the villains and the overall plot are not good enough.

HeroUp2112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

• Diamondback was pretty bad. He shouldn't have appeared in this season to begin with, the Cottonmouth/Black Mariah dynamic should've been further explored. I would have loved a scene between Kingpin and Cottonmouth. Alas, he was too pure for this world. RIP sweet prince.
  • The music was sometimes unnecessary, it sometimes felt like we took a break from the show to watch a music video to be honest. But the music was pretty great most of the time so it didn't bother me too much.
  • I don't think the problem was Colter, he was way cooler in Jessica Jones, where he seemed to have better dialogue and had bags more chemistry with Jessica than anybody in Luke Cage I can recall other than Pop, who died a couple of episodes in.
  • The fights did become tiresome pretty quickly. Seems like they blew their load on Crispus Attucks. I still think Shades should've been an Inhuman rather than introducing DB as the physical threat.
  • Judas Bullets are gonna be an issue moving forwards.
  • Low budget struck hard on both Luke Cage and Iron Fist alike, both are at the latter end of street-level. Story-wise and budget-wise an 8 - 10 episode season would have helped them both.

I did like it though, there was good stuff too.

The Diamondback plot came out of nowhere and It made no sense, It almost made me feel like I missed an episode. How did he went from being thrown into prison, to becoming a supplier of super human weapons? The problem with this, is that it's vital for his confrontation with Luke, a person who he swore vengance against before he had any powers, it's extremely coicidental that he has the power to face Luke (problem is, it's not the only big coincidence). Also Diamondback just sucked as a villain and Cotton Mouth was way better. Shades broke my immersion because of how convinient his character was for the plot to work. He had to be Cottonmouth's childhood friend, an enforcer for the prision guards and later he had to work for Diamondback, all of those actions took place on completely different places and they had no relation with one another until it was convinient.

I liked Misty Knight, Luke, Pop and Claire but to me the villains and the overall plot are not good enough.

Yeah, all the contrived coincidences made things pretty ate up.

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cottonmouth only became a great character in the episode where he died. That episode was the first time we got any hints of sympathy for this character. Beforehand he was not only completely one-dimensional, but not even threatening. I like Diamondback a lot more.

Can someone explain to me the appeal of Cottonmouth before episode seven?

Yassassin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#30  Edited By Yassassin

They killed off the only character they gave actual depth.

Avatar image for captainmarvel4ever
CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Dark and gritty shows are bullsh!t