Why did Civil War have to spoil BP's Involvement?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Slayz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Slayz

That's something I really would have wanted to be surprised by.

Imagine Tony saying he's got to meet a "benefactor" and the reveal would have been Black Panther! It would have made such a cool moment.

Ah, well.

Avatar image for life_without_progress
life_without_progress

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Why not? Black Panther's appearance was one of the things that made the trailer so freaking sweet

righteous300

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I know! Now I know the ENTIRE movie because they put in that one little scene. Not like there's anything else left to show or any more surprises.

SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#4 SC  Moderator

Probably because they view putting him in the trailer as building more interest around the character, I see a lot of news outlets, entertainment shows, Youtube things, websites, mentioning Panther with Civil War coverage, and also mentioning that he will star in his own movie most of the time too. Even buzz about new images of him after the trailer… its… basically if you want to keep little surprises like that, you have to avoid the internet. If you are a fan of the character, view it as Marvel trying to make his movie more successful and so a good thing. He's still going to be a cool character with cool moments in the movie. Also if the character randomly appeared with no rumors, hype, excitement, anticipation etc for last few months/years, only comic fans, a really really small percentage of us, would have had that "cool" moment. Now more people can join in.

So I get what you mean, but yeah.

legacy6364

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By legacy6364

Trust me. It could have been worst.

Slayz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@legacy6364: I don't think so. This really spoiled the movie for me. The experience just won't be the same.

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Because it gains more excitement for the film the only thing that would get just as much hype us if it was spiderman fighting as well

Guru_Crack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 559

Black panther would have been cool as a reveal rather than being in the trailer.

Avatar image for deactivated-5faef67d08995
deactivated-5faef67d08995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Everyone already knew he was in it from the leaked set photos from months ago anyway.

legacy6364

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@slayz said:

@legacy6364: I don't think so. This really spoiled the movie for me. The experience just won't be the same.

I agree.

It's unfortunate that the studio's don't understand, sometimes less is better. Quality beats quantity.

Avatar image for darkdetective27
darkdetective27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 69

User Lists: 10

Im guessing this thread is counter against how people are complaing about Doomsday being spoiled.

Personally I dont see why they shouldnt have shown him in the trailer. Marvel had already told us he was in the film and we already saw those leaked set photos. It makes sense for him to be in the trailer since he will play a large role in the film.

SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#12 SC  Moderator

Im guessing this thread is counter against how people are complaing about Doomsday being spoiled.

Personally I dont see why they shouldnt have shown him in the trailer. Marvel had already told us he was in the film and we already saw those leaked set photos. It makes sense for him to be in the trailer since he will play a large role in the film.

Hmm, you would appear to be right.

OP, don't make threads to create drama. Thanks.