Why did Batman Brand people in BvS

Saberscar223

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I might have missed it but if he knew branding people got them killed why would he continue to do it. Unless somehow he didn't know or there was a more important reason why he did.

Thanosfan500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Thanosfan500

I have no idea

MAZAHS117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By MAZAHS117  Online

Cause he was a crotchety old bastard, that's why

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 rogueshadow  Moderator

To get them killed.

Avatar image for deactivated-61a1b6940ec47
deactivated-61a1b6940ec47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He knew, he just didn't care

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That's the whole point. He knew he was marking them for death. He didn't care.

Many Batman stories revolve around pushing the dark knight to his very limits and seeing if he'll ever cross over. Of course, he never does, he always prevails. But the BvS version of Batman is when Bruce really is failed and broken, and... cruel. He was barely even a hero during that movie, but it was Superman who inspired him to go back to the way he was before and form the Justice League.

TifaLockhart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Those weren't unmanned vehicles he blew up either.

Saberscar223

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Saberscar223

@nickzambuto: I don't understand why they would want that kind of Batman.

apewar012467

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think he was aware of that, just his sense of morals somewhat digressed over time and he was ok with branding people. It's really quite the significant change to the normal Bruce that we see in other movies, but it was still a welcome change that distinguished him.

Green_Tea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

branding fetish.

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Because how many times can they tell the exact same story?

Batman is pushed to his limits physically and emotionally. He's egged on to kill, but his will power can not be toppled and he remains a hero!

Literally half of Batman's stories are about that. Zack Snyder gave us something way more interesting... what happens on the day that Batman actually DOES crack?

This scenario allowed Snyder to bring a whole new element into Batman and Superman's relationship. It is Superman who inspired Batman back to the side of light.

Mrnoital

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

Many Batman stories revolve around pushing the dark knight to his very limits and seeing if he'll ever cross over. Of course, he never does, he always prevails. But the BvS version of Batman is when Bruce really is failed and broken, and... cruel. He was barely even a hero during that movie, but it was Superman who inspired him to go back to the way he was before and form the Justice League.

except the person we saw him brand was confirmed as only the second person branded by people on the news, and as shown in the extended version it was Lex that got the second guy killed and the only time we see Batman pull out his brander was to threaten Lex after everything

the idea that the Bat brand was a death sentence was a rumor started by Lex and was pulled off by his men on the second guy it ever happened to, and Batman doesn't brand a single person after that

Avatar image for buttersdaman000
buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He got off on it

Avatar image for thelastdragonborn
TheLastDragonborn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Because why not?

Spambot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I didn't really get why criminals with the mark were killed in prison. I also felt like the final scene when Bruce was about to brand Lex was just borderline crazy. It was Batman going way beyond where he should be character wise at that point imo.

Gotoucanario

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Gotoucanario

@spambot said:

I didn't really get why criminals with the mark were killed in prison. I also felt like the final scene when Bruce was about to brand Lex was just borderline crazy. It was Batman going way beyond where he should be character wise at that point imo.

It wasn't explained in the theatrical cut, in the ultimate edition we see that Lex payed off the prisoners to kill the branded ones, coupled with a few other plots, to piss off Clark and make him go after Batman.

As to why Batman branded in the first place I don't really know, I suppose it adds to his intimidation factor.

Spambot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gotoucanario: ok. Its funny I've seen the Ultimate version a few times and don't recall hearing that.

Gotoucanario

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thesenate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Thesenate

I always kind of thought when I first saw it with the whole "death sentence" thing was that Batman branded people that he interrogated and gave him tips which means they snitched. The brand was meant to show criminals that those people snitched, which would make them targets in prison. You know, the whole "snitches get stitches" thing.

UE kind of debunked my theory though

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It makes no sense. Batman is just a dick in this universe. The "branded guys are killed" thing is shaky at best, and there is no way Batman would know that would happen when he first started branding people so it must be for a different reason. It is totally out of the realm of Batman's character though. He may break your bones but he isn't going to brand you and "mark you for death".

darkonast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

because that's what batman is supposed to be since Jason todd was killed a year prior , this is batman at his most brutal emotional state , he is killing because of his regret of not killing joker

ms__omega

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It gets him off

Gotoucanario

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jayc1324 said:

It makes no sense. Batman is just a dick in this universe. The "branded guys are killed" thing is shaky at best, and there is no way Batman would know that would happen when he first started branding people so it must be for a different reason. It is totally out of the realm of Batman's character though. He may break your bones but he isn't going to brand you and "mark you for death".

Yeah as has been said Batman doesn't put a death brand on them, that was Lex's doing. The bat brand is probably some kind intimidation and torture device for him.

killerravens

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So we have a problem with him branding ppl but not when he carpet bombs a group of ppl

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By rogueshadow  Moderator

@spambot said:

It wasn't explained in the theatrical cut, in the ultimate edition we see that Lex payed off the prisoners to kill the branded ones, coupled with a few other plots, to piss off Clark and make him go after Batman.

As to why Batman branded in the first place I don't really know, I suppose it adds to his intimidation factor.

I'd always assumed that he branded them to let other criminals in prison know this was a really sick bastard, presumably somebody who murdered children, old-ladies, their own mothers etc. that sort of thing. He wouldn't brand a random street thug or even a generic mafioso, but a paedophile or somebody trafficking young women/children (case in point) would get it.

Lex had to get him killed because they transferred him to Metropolis IIRC, where the Bat brand holds less weight.

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

No idea,Snyder doesn't know either probably. The story behind it in the film is ambigious and if left to the theatrical cut even less than ambigous. Snyder most likely thought it made Batman look cool and dark and I frankly think that's all there is to it.

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Did he though? What happened in prisons was Luthor's schemes already.

black_wreath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 109

Because it sounded so badass in the script.

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 13

Because Terrio and Snyder thought it would make Batman way scarier and far more intimidating. This way the common that got beat up by the Bat would let other common thugs know that Batman isn't joking around.

I call it SnyderLogic.

Chimeroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Actually, they were being killed because Lex paid for it once he found out Superman had it out for Batman (remember, he knew Clark Kent is Superman) So it is not quite true that he was marking them for death.

DeathandGrim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#34  Edited By DeathandGrim

So he was essentially Oliver Queen from Season One

Avatar image for stvblackrose801
stvblackrose801

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By stvblackrose801
No Caption Provided

I actually think it was a way to scare other criminals that he is out there. Kind of like Zoro. The killing seemed to not be set up by Lex though.

Avatar image for deactivated-5caa8c47e8598
deactivated-5caa8c47e8598

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Because apparently Snyder likes Batmen who kill people

TheLastDragonborn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tdk_1997: Not Snyder and Terrio "thought". Snyder and Terrio knew.

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By TDK_1997

@tdk_1997: Not Snyder and Terrio "thought". Snyder and Terrio knew.

You are trying to tell me that you liked this decision for Batman?

TheLastDragonborn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tdk_1997: I see nothing wrong with it. Batman is intimidating and brutal. Its not really "murder" either.

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tdk_1997: I see nothing wrong with it. Batman is intimidating and brutal. Its not really "murder" either.

It's not that it is murder or anything of that sort. It't just that Batman would never really start doing things like that in order to be intimidating.

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

Because he had decended to a point where he thought being this brutal was needed, same reason why he immediately thought Superman had to be stopped and/or killed.

Also there was a fair amount of apathy in him regarding the wellbeing of criminals. In his mind criminals knew that doing crime would one day mean doing time and that there was a risk of not getting out again. That his brand may lead to people getting killed... I dont think he saw that as being any different from the inmates sharing stories about how they got beaten up by a dude in a bat-costume... now they just had proof it actually happened.

SirDlckJizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

for sexual pleasure

Heatforce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Heatforce

@tdk_1997: At least batman falling from grace was a major plot point. The movie made no bones about hiding that this batman was apathetic. The Burton films are still great imo and that batman had no issue killing. Even nolan's batman isn't squeaky clean.

TheLastDragonborn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tdk_1997: Dude he practically tortures people all the time. Breaking all their bones, hanging them up from the air, and lots of shit like that

APEX_pretador

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Because he wasn't a hero. He was cruel as hell.

Avatar image for deactivated-60600b79ed2c5
deactivated-60600b79ed2c5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

He branded them so that they received a painful death in prison

righteous300

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It wasn't something he was always doing, something he had just started doing, probably as a way to make them think twice before committing another crime or making would be criminals chamge their minds. Now Lex Luthor paid KGbeast to kill the marked prisoner to make it seem like Bruce was doing it to get them killed.

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tdk_1997: Dude he practically tortures people all the time. Breaking all their bones, hanging them up from the air, and lots of shit like that

I am not saying that Batman has never tortured his enemies and make them cry from pain. What I am trying to say is that by branding them with a Bat on a part of their body didn't really fee like him. We are all used to Batman leaving them with emotional scars from the fear he has induced upon them or if things are really serious he would break some of their bones. By branding them he felt like a common thug himself. Gang members tend to do that and imo Batman has a far higher IQ to fall that low in order to make them afraid.

GIliad_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

The guy BBQ'd people alive n' that's what you're worried about? O_o