Why Captain Marvel being the most powerful character in the MCU is a mistake

Abezethibou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Ok we already know she will be the most powerful and ranting about it won't change a thing but still, they're taking a brand new character and making her so powerful that the other Avengers will look like children in comparison but why? ever since I heard about it I still don't understand the why of it all what reason would force them to do this?

her mere presence will put a big dent in Avengers 4 and the MCU as a whole knowing that they have a deus ex machina that can single handily solve all their problems with no trouble makes the Avengers as a team pointless and will take from the severity of all that they have building up for in Avengers 4.

I mean why can't they stay true to her comic book power level? why make such a drastic change?

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 1

Pretty sure Danvers is not solving anything all on her own, she's just better able to fight someone like Thanos than the others have been. Not to mention that being the most powerful of the Avengers isn't saying that much... considering how depowered they all are.

Emanresu_20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

For the love of God people really think Marvel is going to bring in Captain Marvel just to do what Superman did to SW?

Stefano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If I’m not mistaken some screen writer or the Russo brothers, not sure, have said she is not just going to show up and solo Thanos

Upendi3000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

"This guy still bothering you?"

POW!

Green_Tea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

“Sometimes you need a woman to do a man’s job”

mrmonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think it just makes no sense that such a powerful being has also gone completely under the radar this long. I mean, a being this powerful should have made a name for herself in the universe by now, so why does no one except Nick Fury seem to have any idea she exists?

Hopefully Captain Marvel somehow addresses this.

Eto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I think it just makes no sense that such a powerful being has also gone completely under the radar this long. I mean, a being this powerful should have made a name for herself in the universe by now, so why does no one except Nick Fury seem to have any idea she exists?

Hopefully Captain Marvel somehow addresses this.

I mean I'm assuming that's why we're getting the CM film just before A4. It only makes sense to explore her powers in that film so the GA won't feel lost during A4. Although the film takes place during the 90s, the film could very well end towards current time or at least near current time.

Slayz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

“The Future Is Here - And It’s Female”

Actual tag line for the movie from EW

madcrusher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@slayz said:

wow im all for a healthy degree of feminism but this seems a bit forced - don't you think?

Im fairly liberal but is Feige going full SJW on us here.

Abezethibou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@slayz said:

yeah this makes me feel like it will be another Ghostbusters situation a total flop critically and financially.

Emanresu_20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I really doubt Marvel will go full SJW.

samhmd1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

People are overreacting to a little hype, that's all.

Of course, I've noticed a lot of "older" fandoms seem awfully averse to female leads (Star Wars, Ghostbusters, now MCU) before they even DO anything.

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

Can I see a trailer first?

DeathandGrim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I mean at the current moment that spot is held by Thor and he did essentially come in and start mopping up in IW. Did you have a problem with a character doing it then?

Avatar image for itouchedtheboat
ITouchedTheBoat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

who cares? I feel like the CBM wave is gunna die pretty soon

KeyChain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mickey-mouse: is there a release date for it yet?

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

@keychain: I heard it’s supposed to be whenever Bree goes on Good Morning America. Which may be tomorrow...

Straight-Fire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Oh another one of these. ?

juiceboks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 juiceboks  Moderator

It's called hyping up a character and most of your complaints are misinterpretations of out of context statements (like the dozens of other threads like this), let's just wait until the movie comes out.

Avatar image for deactivated-613e82c4b95f9
deactivated-613e82c4b95f9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 201

I'll wait first - so far the Russo's have shown themselves more than competent in demonstrating a given hero's power.

I just hope that if she ends up being the strongest it won't be a striking difference like that of between superman and the rest of the leaguers. If she is stronger she should be within Hulks and Thor's realm so the difference doesn't end up making everyone else's struggle pointless and laughable.

Avatar image for thespartanb345t
TheSpartanB345T

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Literally just have it be Wanda...

The_Kidd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh another one of these. ?

This. Can't someone just create mega thread to stick all the CM bitching.

Avatar image for the_living_tribunal_24
The_living_tribunal_24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's not. As long as when we're discussing the most powerful mainstream Canon versions they don't bring up her name anywhere near the top we're chilling. Imo I'm only watching the movie because she opens the gates to more powerful cosmic characters.

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The leaks of A4 have shown that wont happen

DubokTheFierce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I really doubt Marvel will go full SJW.

Have you read their comics lately? They're already there.

Slayz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@samhmd1: I'm not adverse to female leads. I'm adverse to patronizing women.

depinhom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

@stefano said:

If I’m not mistaken some screen writer or the Russo brothers, not sure, have said she is not just going to show up and solo Thanos

Oh, God.

Bandedessinee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Where was it stated that she will be the most powerful MCU character? Where is the trailer showing her having feats above any other MCU character or any Avengers? Saying she is going to be more powerful than everyone else is like saying Wonder Woman after her movie debuted would have been stronger than all Justice League members when Justice League came out which wasn't the case at all.

MethoKi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I mean Thor came in and solved the problem in two hits, but didn't finish the job due to his own need for satisfaction in vengeance.

So, Thor still can beat Thanos on his own.

Vivec3629

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

We know literally next to nothing about the character as imagined in the MCU. Let's wait before we dog pile the thing. The old guard is largely leaving after this movie, so they're trying to expand their group of powerful characters, which makes sense. It's also very comic book style to try to and top themselves.

Maybe this will go well, maybe it'll tank. Only time and patience will tell.

Devilmenworks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Devilmenworks

@bandedessinee said:

Where was it stated that she will be the most powerful MCU character? Where is the trailer showing her having feats above any other MCU character or any Avengers? Saying she is going to be more powerful than everyone else is like saying Wonder Woman after her movie debuted would have been stronger than all Justice League members when Justice League came out which wasn't the case at all.

https://comicvine.gamespot.com/forums/gen-discussion-1/captain-marvel-brie-larson-about-the-movie-she-can-1957605/

^^ She will be powerful enough to move planets according to the actress herself.

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2018/05/02/kevin-feige-captain-marvel-most-powerful-mcu-superhero/

^^both Kevin Feige himself and Samuel L Jackson have mentioned she will be the most powerful Superhero by far.

Emanresu_20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dubokthefierce:

Comics don’t equal the MCU. They did well with Black Panther which is why I trust them bot to make this movie Feminist wonderland.

Bandedessinee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@devilmenworks: Feats over statements. The only way to 100% know she will be the most powerful MCU character is to wait for a trailer to drop or the movie itself to drop. Not every single thing an actor or director says before a movie releases is likely to happen when the movie releases. Also when Feige was talking about powerful it seems he was more talking out her as a character than in regards to power level.

slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

We don't know how her powers work. Is she only very powerful for a burst and her energy runs out? Or does she have infinity energy?

We'll have to wait and see.

deathstroke512

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@batman242: Thanos should have run away with stormbreaker.

Pict

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Pict

@abezethibou: didn't she get her powers and mind stolen by Rogue before she(rogue) joined the X-Men?

bringmethanos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By bringmethanos

some say thor is more powerful still

Magian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#41  Edited By Magian

How about we wait for at least the trailer to be released first before freaking out?

Devilmenworks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bandedessinee: You are right in that we won't know 100 % for sure until a trailer of some sort pops soon. However, I just find it a little concerning that the head honcho of Marvel, one of the main actors in the movie and the actress herself are hyping her up to be this planet moving super powered being. A being that (according to them) is far more powerful than any other else we have sense.

Thanos was nearly defeated on Titan and nearly killed by Thor on Earth, and now we will supposedly have someone with Smallville or Reeeves Superman like strength in the MCU? I feel like it doesn't mess well with the established powerlevels to have someone that powerful in the MCU to defeat Thanos.

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 anthp2000  Moderator

Another whining thread full of pathetic ranting over the same topic.

Avatar image for deactivated-627d8daf1de25
deactivated-627d8daf1de25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

I trust the MCU. They obviously know what they're doing so there's no need to rant.

Michaelbn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

One word: FEMINISM