Why are people hating on Captain Marvel before it even comes out?

solar_nerd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 11

I personally think it could be great. I don't understand why people are tearing it apart before it even releases.

Mister_Surreal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Mister_Surreal

A lot of reasons:

- People don’t think that Captain Marvel should lead the franchise.

- Captain Marvel will supposedly be a lot more powerful than she should be.

- I a lot of people think that the Captain Marvel movie is being made by “SJWs”.

There are probably more but I can’t think of any.

phisigmatau

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By phisigmatau

i know im off put for a few reasons

-first and foremost Feige saying shes the most powerful hero. already. First it isnt comic accurate - Thor, Hulk are both clearly superior then her to name a few.
-second shes not the real captain marvel. That movie comes out a bit later SHAZAM!
-we're concerned that shes going to have a ton of influence on Endgame.. when she shouldn't its the end of primarily, Stark's story, followed by Rogers, Thors and Banner's to a lesser extent.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c32bf8a2c6ae
deactivated-5c32bf8a2c6ae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Because she's being promoted as the next chapter, the face of the franchise, and people feel like she shouldn't be.

CyberpunkCop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Because she's being promoted as the next chapter, the face of the franchise, and people feel like she shouldn't be.

Dis right here

FaradaySloth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By FaradaySloth

Like others said, they're promoting her to be the "next face of the universe" and she's likely to be a Mary Sue.

If you want GOOD female superheroes for role models, then look at Wonder Woman, now Fake Captain Marvel.

Avatar image for jimjaspers20675
JimJaspers20675

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Because Muh Feats. Don't have no feats comicvine will shit all over ya. Saying that if she moves a planet this place will still shit on her and call it outlier.

HeroUp2112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Plus she's not (unless somebody knows something I don't) a particularly well liked Marvel character.

Supermanthor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 20

Supermanthor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 20

Why I get the filling that captain Marvel will make people's though change above her

Seriously in fiege I turst

So I will watch the movie first then I will make some judgement

Avatar image for geraldofvengerberg
Geraldofvengerberg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@faradaysloth said:

As others said, they're promoting her to be the "next face of the universe" and she's likely to be a Mary Sue.

If you want GOOD female superheroes for role models, then look at Wonder Woman, now Fake Captain Marvel.

You are citing the example of a character who is so ridiculously nerfed that she can't even fly. Imagine a Superman or Shazam where they take away power if flight arbitrarily.

xzone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

One reason I’m a little hesitant is her power levels. If she’s gonna be this crazy powerful character>>>The original avengers it’s gonna raise a lot of questions. One being, why didn’t Fury call her when Loki arrived in avengers one? Sure, that could be written out, but the point is that why hasn’t she joined the avengers long before now? And is she gonna be ridiculously more powerful than even the likes of Thor? Personally, I expect that this is all hype and after End Game Thor will still be the most powerful avenger

X

huthimamwa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Personally, I'm off-put just from the fact that she is a giant b*tch in the comics. Like....not a likable character at all. Now I'm aware the MCU has changed characters personalities to make them more likable in the past. But that still doesn't mean I'm going in excited about a movie featuring a character I don't like.

Tyger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The same reason they hated on Black Panther and Wonder Woman before they came out. Racism and sexism. With Captain Marvel it's toxic sexism. Insecure femboys desperately trying to claim to their non existent manhood crying because a FICTIONAL woman is stronger than their favorite green and electric crush's that they owned action figures of as they were bullied by girls in elementary or something.

I know this for a fact because they all whine about SJW and Mary Sue

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 anthp2000  Moderator  Online

Because human stupidity is, indeed, infinite.

Straight-Fire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

@faradaysloth:

Like others said, they're promoting her to be the "next face of the universe"

And why is this a problem? At least see how they execute it before saying the idea is foolish.

and she's likely to be a Mary Sue.

You know this because??? Oh wait is it because she's a female?

No Caption Provided

Fake Captain Marvel? Sound like a salty Shazam fan.

Gaoron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Because trailers for it were boring and uninteresting. People don't know who characters like Captain Marvel or Antman is, so unless they gain our attention with cool teasers/trailers nobody is gonna be interested.

TheParadox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By TheParadox

@tyger: Very confident in your strawman argument.

Avatar image for thebestofthebest
ThEBeStOfTheBeST

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Because human stupidity is, indeed, infinite.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#20  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator

1. People (on the internet especially) have an irrational hatred of anything they see as "SJW" And see this as marvel pandering to that.

2. People (on the internet especially) are obsessed with feats and power levels and can't get over her being the "most powerful Avenger" even though we don't know what context that is yet.

Avatar image for marvelanddcfan24
MarvelandDCfan24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By MarvelandDCfan24

I just dislike her character, her actress, the fact were supposed to have to by that shes going to lead the MCU now

Its not because shes a woman or SJW hell I loved Wonder Woman went with my girlfriend to see it twice and took my young niece's to see it once

Carol is just awful and theres plenty of great female characters in Marvel they couldve made a movie about

Michaelbn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

We have the Real Captain Marvel in 2019 and hell, the Real CM of Marvel universe is already in the movie. and what others said.

Avatar image for fullmetalemprah
FullMetalEmprah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By FullMetalEmprah

As long as they don't make her this overbearing Mary Sue I don't really care either way. She's just not a character that interests me personally, I'm more gonna see the movie for the Skrulls. Although if she turns out to gain my interest that's a plus of course.

RukelnikovFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

1. People (on the internet especially) have an irrational hatred of anything they see as "SJW" And see this as marvel pandering to that.

2. People (on the internet especially) are obsessed with feats and power levels and can't get over her being the "most powerful Avenger" even though we don't know what context that is yet.

I son't really think the second point is true, this is something that haunts CV, and maybe some others battle forums, but I don't believe such mentality has a strong presence on the internet as a whole.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ca9389143922
deactivated-5ca9389143922

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

With people saying she can move planets and shit, it looks like they're making her the most powerful hero in the MCU, by far. Kinda weird to pull that outta nowhere right before Endgame, and there's always the danger that she'll make the other heroes feel useless.

Her trailers were kinda meh as well.

Anyway, I trust Marvel to do it right.

Aros001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I think it's just a case of people wanting movies that could potentially have a significant impact to fail.

People wanted Avengers, the first big superhero crossover, to fail.

People wanted Wonder Woman, the first live-action movie featuring the most famous female superhero, to fail.

People wanted Black Panther, the biggest superhero film featuring primarily a black cast and culture, to fail.

People wanted Infinity War, the big crossover the MCU spent 10 years building up to, to fail.

People wanted Aquaman, the DCEU's big chance to redeem themselves going forward, to fail.

Captain Marvel with be the MCU's first movie staring a big female superhero. It's big enough to get people's attention, meaning the people who just love hating things and hoping for things to fail come crawling out of the woodwork.

mrmonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Personally, I just think all the footage shown so far just looks bad. Brie Larson looks like she's just phoning it in. Even Samuel L. Jackson, an actor who's normally a thrill to watch in whatever he does, looks just plain dull in this movie.

If I'm wrong, I'll be glad. I want to be proven wrong about this movie, believe me I do. But I just see no reason to believe I will be.

Mrnoital

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

To me, she's just being thrown out there with the direct intention of telling me she's cool without showing it

Kinda like showing me Hawkeyes family and going "look, he's relatable and likable now"

I get the feeling that they're putting her movie out within a month of Avengers cause you probably won't fully get it unless you see her movie, so you'll be forced to see it while it's still in theaters if you want to understand what you just saw

Kidolio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think it’s either because she’s not well liked in comic circles or they don’t want her to upstage the main cast who’s been here longer and deserves more. Or they don’t want it to be like the justice league movie where Superman was so much More powerful then everyone else that there wasn’t even a point in the others.

Worldofthunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's not people, it's just nerds on the internet lol. They don't count

Kidolio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@worldofthunder: I have friends who know didly squat about the comics but hope she doesn’t get the spotlight in endgame because they don’t think she deserves it because she’s very new.

Worldofthunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Worldofthunder

@kidolio: I agree. I mean, look at all the buildup to IW. If anyone deserves it, it's Thor or Tony or the Guardians

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@totallynotjucas: Strange was time looping , dimension trapping, transmuting black holes and a bunch of other hax....

GeraltsOpinion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By GeraltsOpinion

Because she is gonna be the new face of the franchise and she only makes one face.

Jgames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

For me personally, the trailer look underwhelming. I honestly do not care about how she is in the comic, or SJW,strongest marvel character etc. The trailer look underwhelming.

RabumAlal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Because they dumb af.

Tomkatie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

RukelnikovFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kidolio said:

@worldofthunder: I have friends who know didly squat about the comics but hope she doesn’t get the spotlight in endgame because they don’t think she deserves it because she’s very new.

This is my main gripe, after 20 movies it feel completely undeserved, and would be stealing the moment from Steve or Tony who have been around for 10 years...