Why are leading female superheros like Scarlet Witch and Wonder Woman such big SIMPS?

• 107 results
TobeyMaguire84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By TobeyMaguire84
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Is it sexist writing?

Avatar image for theinsufferable
TheInsufferable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I wouldn't recognize a Tobey thread if there was no SIMP or MARY SUE in the title.

geekryan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By geekryan

I wouldn't recognize a Tobey thread if there was no SIMP or MARY SUE in the title.

Yup

I smell a sexist.

Avatar image for deactivated-6039b5fc40471
deactivated-6039b5fc40471

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh, so this is the troll you must've told me about then?

Deep_Silver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No, people being in love is not sexism. You looking for every opportunity to bash female superheroes, on the other hand...

nathanthecynic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wanda's love for Vision makes a lot of sense. He was there for her when she had lost everything.

Diana knew Steve for a week and she's not over him years later.

It's not the same.

Avatar image for deactivated-60ee0713dd622
deactivated-60ee0713dd622

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Best troll ever.

Mutant1230

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@geekryan said:
@theinsufferable said:

Yup

I smell a sexist.

It's ironic I think

PyroFN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 PyroFN  Online

Simp implies the feelings were unrequited. Not the case from either of these women.

This thread is baseless.

Avatar image for deactivated-6349385499256
deactivated-6349385499256

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-60ee0713dd622
deactivated-60ee0713dd622

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pyrofn said:

Simp implies the feelings were unrequited. Not the case from either of these women.

This thread is baseless.

He's clearly trolling at this point.

TobeyMaguire84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pyrofn said:

This thread is baseless.

They were dead ad instead of moving on , femoids were still simping for dead boyfriends. Wonder Femoid is worst offender since Steve has been dead like 60 years and was still simping for him

PyroFN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By PyroFN  Online

@pyrofn said:

This thread is baseless.

They were dead ad instead of moving on , femoids were still simping for dead boyfriends. Wonder Femoid is worst offender since Steve has been dead like 60 years and was still simping for him

You really have no clue how much it hurts when someone you love dies, do you? These are supposed to be people who would fundamentally know you and love you for all your flaws. People have a hard enough time in real life moving on and some never do.

Wonder Woman did try to move on. She didn’t even do anything to get back Steve Trevor. She made an off-hand wish she never even vocalized and went on without expecting the man coming back from the dead in a different body. Yet, you’re gonna tell me given the chance, you wouldn’t want to spend more time with those you love if brought back? Imagine moreso to a woman who can never grow old to die.

As for Wanda, you are applying the time it would take for someone to move on to a woman who has been dead during the five year gap with the only memory being Thanos ripping Visions Mind Gem from his head. Wanda has had no time to even process his death and now she is literally driven insane through the pile up of losing the only people she truly cared about and the manipulations of a woman who seeks power on par with Wanda. There is absolutely no reason Wanda should have developed to the point where she could accept Visions death.

Like I said, this thread is baseless.

TobeyMaguire84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By TobeyMaguire84

@pyrofn said:
@tobeymaguire84 said:
@pyrofn said:

This thread is baseless.

You really have no clue how much it hurts when someone you love dies, do you? These are supposed to be people who would fundamentally know you and love you for all your flaws. People have a hard enough time in real life moving on and some never do.

Wonder Woman did try to move on. She didn’t even do anything to get back Steve Trevor. She made an off-hand wish she never even vocalized and went on without expecting the man coming back from the dead in a different body. Yet, you’re gonna tell me given the chance, you wouldn’t want to spend more time with those you love if brought back? Imagine moreso to a woman who can never grow old to die.

As for Wanda, you are applying the time it would take for someone to move on to a woman who has been dead during the five year gap with the only memory being Thanos ripping Visions Mind Gem from his head. Wanda has had no time to even process his death and now she is literally driven insane through the pile up of losing the only people she truly cared about and the manipulations of a woman who seeks power on par with Wanda. There is absolutely no reason Wanda should have developed to the point where she could accept Visions death.

Diana did not give a single thought about her lesbian aunt who raised her, trained her and died trying to save he or her mother and man hating lesbian sisters r but yes she was still simping for a dude she knew barely for a week and wished for him to be back. Peak Simp behaviour

PyroFN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By PyroFN  Online

@tobeymaguire84 said:
@pyrofn said:
@tobeymaguire84 said:
@pyrofn said:

This thread is baseless.

Diana did not give a single thought about her lesbian aunt who raised her, trained her and died trying to save he or her mother and man hating lesbian sisters r but yes she was still simping for a dude she knew barely for a week and wished for him to be back. Peak Simp behaviour

She literally was using the lesson her aunt taught her to convince everyone to renounce their wish. Steve, on the otherhand, was supposed to be someone Diana wanted to spend the rest of her life with. They are vastly different relationships comparatively to one another. None of her family on Themiscyra fit into her life. Steve did and she was left alone in that life after his death.

I also like how you completely abandon Wanda without at least admitting that your mind has changed in some way. I repeat, this thread is baseless.

TobeyMaguire84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By TobeyMaguire84

@pyrofn: Well, i admit your argument that for Wanda, vision has been only dead for fews days is solid defense but that also makes Wonder Femoid look more pathetic. So, congrats, only Diana is a SIMP

Avatar image for buttersdaman000
buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I do find it funny how WW is supposed to be a feminist icon, a woman who's supposed to be strong on her own merit. But when you take a closer look at her movies she's completely smitten and dependent on men. That scene in 1984 where she learned how to fly after getting her heart broken by the man she held a candle for for 60 years despite only knowing him for like a week is so poorly thought out lmao

PyroFN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 PyroFN  Online

@pyrofn: Well, i admit your argument that for Wanda, vision has been only dead for fews days is solid defense but that also makes Wonder Femoid look more pathetic. So, congrats, only Diana is a SIMP

Nah. You really have no answer to my reply.

PyroFN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 PyroFN  Online

I do find it funny how WW is supposed to be a feminist icon, a woman who's supposed to be strong on her own merit. But when you take a closer look at her movies she's completely smitten and dependent on men. That scene in 1984 where she learned how to fly after getting her heart broken by the man she held a candle for for 60 years despite only knowing him for like a week is so poorly thought out lmao

Strong on her own merit does not mean she can never be weak, especially to those she is close to. She is smitten, but not dependent.

Her learning to fly is based around her own merit. Nobody taught her how to do it and she literally made the choice to break her own heart. Every decision has literally been on her own terms with Steve being nothing more than a living macguffin to give Diana a difficult choice.

TobeyMaguire84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pyrofn It is inspired by Steve. For her Flight= Steve:

TobeyMaguire84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pyrofn said:
@tobeymaguire84 said:

Your answer defending Diana was utterly unconvincing unlike Wanda. She is an Amazon. Her place is always with her family and that is something you will know if you read Wonder Woman comics.

PyroFN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 PyroFN  Online

@pyrofn said:
@tobeymaguire84 said:

Your answer defending Diana was utterly unconvincing unlike Wanda. She is an Amazon. Her place is always with her family and that is something you will know if you read Wonder Woman comics.

That is the worst argument you have made, so far. So, because someone is a certain ethnicity, they suddenly belong only with their family in their nation of origin?

Africans have to live in Africa if they are from there?

Mexicans have to live in Mexico because their families live there?

French people can’t travel to somewhere because they belong with their family in their country?

Diana does not need to do anything she doesn’t want to, in comics or movies. It’s her prerogative.

takenstew22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 takenstew22  Moderator

PyroFN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 PyroFN  Online

Inspiration does not equal dependency.

TobeyMaguire84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pyrofn said:
@tobeymaguire84 said:

Inspiration does not equal dependency.

Actuallly it does considering she only learn to fly after 70 years. If it wasn't for Steve she will still be running

TobeyMaguire84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pyrofn said:
@tobeymaguire84 said:
@pyrofn said:
@tobeymaguire84 said:

That is the worst argument you have made, so far. So, because someone is a certain ethnicity, they suddenly belong only with their family in their nation of origin?

French people can’t travel to somewhere because they belong with their family in their country?

Diana does not need to do anything she doesn’t want to, in comics or movies. It’s her prerogative.

No they still visit them regularly. That is what normal people do

PyroFN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 PyroFN  Online

@pyrofn said:
@tobeymaguire84 said:
@pyrofn said:
@tobeymaguire84 said:

No they still visit them regularly. That is what normal people do

Not really. Commute is very expensive and Diana just learned to fly.

The_Hajduk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 The_Hajduk  Online

It's not really simping if you are sad because your true love just died in a brutal way.

TobeyMaguire84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pyrofn: She had 60 years. She should have made an invisible jet to visit home like in comics or wished for it instead of simping for Steve

Avatar image for sixpathsofcapra
SixPathsOfCapra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Crying because their loved one died do not make them Simp's. Also true that it's like a stereotypical thing, as if the writer/director don't know any other way to perceive female characters. it's not a sexist thing, just lack of representation. Most of these male director/writers either don't how else to create a strong female characters or they are simply knowingly going with the norm. Not necessarily a sexist thing.

Avatar image for deactivated-60758db60e021
deactivated-60758db60e021

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@pyrofn said:

This thread is baseless.

incel energy right here

X-Rey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm puzzled how these idiotic threads get attention.

takenstew22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 takenstew22  Moderator

I'm puzzled how these idiotic threads get attention.

Bait threads or ones that touch on controversial subjects will always get the most attention.

TobeyMaguire84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By TobeyMaguire84

@wolverinebatmanftw said:
@tobeymaguire84 said:
@pyrofn said:

This thread is baseless.

incel energy right here

I am a vocel until i convert to Islam so that i can marry 4 femoids and use them discard them easily and marry new ones. I don't have to worry about anti male law, feminists will stop hating me.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wolverinebatmanftw said:
@tobeymaguire84 said:
@pyrofn said:

This thread is baseless.

incel energy right here

I am a vocel until i convert to Islam so that i can marry 4 femoids and use throw them and discard them easily. I don't have to worry about anti male law, feminists will stop hating me.

Ehh I'd still hate on your misogynistic ass if I had the energy for it

Deathu101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

LMAO

TobeyMaguire84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By TobeyMaguire84

@wolverinebatmanftw Mashallah, I hope Allah reveal the error of your Marxist feminist belief one day

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

PyroFN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By PyroFN  Online

@tobeymaguire84 said:

@pyrofn: She had 60 years. She should have made an invisible jet to visit home like in comics or wished for it instead of simping for Steve

What makes you think she knew how to even do that? She was spending all that time building her career while staying a superhero. What part of that has to do with Steve in any way?

Baseless. Your trolling does amuse me though.

TobeyMaguire84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pyrofn said:
@tobeymaguire84 said:

What makes you think she knew how to even do that? She was spending all that time building her career while staying a superhero. What part of that has to do with Steve in any way?

Baseless. Your trolling does amuse me though.

She is Wonder Woman. What is next Ironman don't know how to build Suit? Stop trying to justify shitty sexist writing by Patty Jenkins that turned Wonder Woman into a Simp and made one of the worst Superhero movies of the decade.

Olorun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for ironraxre345678
Ironraxre345678

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Josh983

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What?

jojjimbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wanda's love for Vision makes a lot of sense. He was there for her when she had lost everything.

Diana knew Steve for a week and she's not over him years later.

It's not the same.

Great point.

jojjimbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pyrofn said:
@tobeymaguire84 said:
@pyrofn said:

This thread is baseless.

As much as I agreed with you on your last post, I have to strongly disagree with you on this one...I have to agree with the troll on this. the writers did a horrible job with Diana. I've lost love ones( I lost my youngest sister in 2017 and mother in 2019.) and while I do miss them dearly. pain! lessens with time and people move on. the idea that a WW would still be alone(as we see in the movie) and not even remotely interested in another chance at love 50 years later. is pretty damn ridiculous! especially when Steve and her only knew each other for about a week. its not like they knew each other for years(decades even!) or had children together. they did not spend enough time for her to still be morning his lost 50 years latter. so no matter how you try to argue this one. the troll is right.

AssertingValor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 65

I love gal Gadot Wonder woman,

some of these other characters like the new bat women and Captain Marvel and Star wars females are bit overrated for sure

TobeyMaguire84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I love gal Gadot Wonder woman,

some of these other characters like the new bat women and Captain Marvel and Star wars females are bit overrated for sure

What does this have to do with this thread?