Why are gaming and movie companies letting SJW ruin their name with politics?

• 103 results
OverThereLook

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Look, usually I don't care about stuff like this but since the Batwoman trailer I just have to ask.

Naughty Dog took a risk having two little girls tongue each other down and continued by releasing Uncharted Games full of dominant women and beta males. They started trolling a relationship between Chloe and Nadine (to which I'd love to see) and kept pushing this women are masculine and men are weak BS.

DICE jumped into the noose next by making the German medics into black men. Everyone chooses medic and assault meaning most you see will be black men fighting for Germany. To make matters worse with their WW2 game, well, we all saw the trailer with captain hook.

I can go on all day but I really want to know is there a real reason these companies are catering to this crowd regardless of the negative blowback they receive from it? Like bro, Battlefield had to drop their price right after release, which is humiliating. Companies don't care. They keep making the same mistakes and at this point it seems intentional. It's almost like they want to go bankrupt.

killbilly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By killbilly  Moderator

To pander or to gain brownie points so they're not accused of being bigoted ( I.E. to avoid a PR scandal ). Companies don't actually care about promoting diversity. That's why you see stuff like the Dark Tower casting a black Roland Deschain but not having the crippled ( both mentally and physically ) black female character Susannah Dean, one of the main characters who fans of the books loved, in the movie. They couldn't care less about that character or making an adaption of the series that actual fans would enjoy. They only want to make a quick Hollywood action blockbuster as a summer cashgrab and makes sure that they can say it supports diversity in some way to bring in the people that don't actually care about good writing but only that they appear on the right side of history.

ArranVid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By ArranVid

Because those gaming and movie companies are weak-minded and scared about backlash from SJWs

ArranVid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

To pander or to gain brownie points so they're not accused of being bigoted ( I.E. to avoid a PR scandal ). Companies don't actually care about promoting diversity. That's why you see stuff like the Dark Tower casting a black Roland Deschain but not having the crippled ( both mentally and physically ) black female character Susannah Dean, one of the main characters who fans of the books loved, in the movie. They couldn't care less about that character or making an adaption of the series that actual fans would enjoy. They only want to make a quick Hollywood action blockbuster as a summer cashgrab and makes sure that they can say it supports diversity in some way to bring in the people that don't actually care about good writing but only that they appear on the right side of history.

Exactly my friend :)

baph

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Because they get money.

They know that SJW propaganda gets attention.

Kidolio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I can assure you that no self respecting company would ever make such an effort to pander to one group of people without have some alternate objectives.

Avatar image for jimjaspers20675
JimJaspers20675

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just look at the commotion that got caused because of a content creator on youtube : Shirrako, made a vid titled (Feeding a suffragette to a croc in rdr2) holy fuaaaark, sjw went crazy, got his account banned, luckily a lot of other creators helped him get unbanned.

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

In MK11 Jax ended slavery and people got mad about it.

Overwatch had a ton of the playerbase flip out when they found out certain characters were gay which did not show in game.

There was a ton of misinformation surrounding BFV

Naughty dog was attacked for being too sjw friendly.

You can make a case for sjw things not being as bad as the internet pretends and that the Anti-SJW crowd are 100% hypocrites

RabumAlal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By RabumAlal

People that unironically say SJW are 99.9% idiots. Fact.

Asgaard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is a bit more complex than it looks, its not like there aren't things that don't need to be changed, Hela crying for Thanos, please...

But one thing that at this point seems undeniable is the fact that if you label you product as progressive the chances that you will get a critical free pass are very very high, and a lot of executives notice this...

hyperfinn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Current Disney has alot of SJW propaganda Bull Sh*t.

Eminel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think they are trying to piss off incels

Avatar image for christianrapper
christianrapper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By christianrapper

Racists and sexists don’t even care anymore. At least you guys are out in the open. Now stop using code words like SJW and crap like that.

MethoKi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#14  Edited By MethoKi

This.

Wilkiins17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There sjws themselves

Avatar image for professorrespect
ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 9

#16  Edited By ProfessorRespect

sjw's don't actually exist though. That's just a collective dream by, well, a lot of guys.

Avatar image for deactivated-5da4168075532
deactivated-5da4168075532

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kgb725 said:

In MK11 Jax ended slavery and people got mad about it.

Overwatch had a ton of the playerbase flip out when they found out certain characters were gay which did not show in game.

There was a ton of misinformation surrounding BFV

Naughty dog was attacked for being too sjw friendly.

You can make a case for sjw things not being as bad as the internet pretends and that the Anti-SJW crowd are 100% hypocrites

Kidolio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wait, what’s people’s definition of an SJW? Some people see it differently. My definition is the extreme left.

Kidolio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@foxerdes: This why people have to be subtle, we live in a climate we’re both sides have more extremes then usual, which can dwindle down into the more moderate people. Raise to much notice from one side and the other retaliates with the same amount of power.

ArranVid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

People that unironically say SJW are 99.9% idiots. Fact.

Wrong

rdskns4eva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wait, so its ok to have weak minded women and dominant men but not the other way around? Why? There have never been strong women in the history of the world or video games? There have never been weak men? Im confused by this statement of yours. Can you elaborate?

Naughty Dog took a risk having two little girls tongue each other down and continued by releasing Uncharted Games full of dominant women and beta males. They started trolling a relationship between Chloe and Nadine (to which I'd love to see) and kept pushing this women are masculine and men are weak BS.

Avatar image for infantfinite128
infantfinite128

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Great post.

Avatar image for theinsufferable
TheInsufferable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By TheInsufferable

When diversity is not done right, it's either due to laziness or it's simply a company's attempt at staying trendy.

killbilly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By killbilly  Moderator

@infantfinite128: Thanks. I thought it was a real shame what they did with the Dark Tower. They could have have it all if they'd just included Susannah and done right by her:

A characters that people who only care about identity politics would have loved.

A character that fans of the actual series would have loved.

A character that general audiences would have loved.

The thing is, that would have taken too much effort. So we got a generic hollywood action movie that nobody truly cared about or was satisfied with.

infantfinite128

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@killbilly: It's odd that creators wouldn't want to give it there all to please audiences and to pay tribute to the original creators of works.

It's disappointing that people intentionally butcher a piece of fiction that so many people invested their emotions into, especially when the adaptions are going to be the first impression of the work by the majority of the population.

killbilly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By killbilly  Moderator

@infantfinite128: Probably the most upsetting part was that King himself stated he approved the work. It's a bit like a slap in the fact to find out that the creator of the work itself doesn't care about the thing you love enough to give you a faithful adaption. Some people have tried to argue that King couldn't publicly voice his disapproval but over the years he's been extremely vocal about his disdain for many of his works adaptions, most notably, The Shining. A matter which pretty much everybody, fan or not, disagrees with him on.

Though, I guess that's to be expected from a guy who shits on his fans every chance he gets.

infantfinite128

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@killbilly: Bummer.

Although, I did agree with him on Jack Nicholson seeming too off in the beginning of the film for the transition into madness to have as much impact as it could.

killbilly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By killbilly  Moderator

@infantfinite128: That was one aspect I felt could have been done better as well but he ignores pretty much everything else that makes that movie a classic.

Avatar image for professorrespect
ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 9

Racists and sexists don’t even care anymore. At least you guys are out in the open. Now stop using code words like SJW and crap like that.

LowMageKage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Looking at this thread, you Anti-SJW idoits have woken me back up and stopped me from nearly going back down to your level, from almost becoming just like you, sad, pathetic.

So thank you, I'm back on balance again.

killbilly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 killbilly  Moderator

I always found it weird that people who don't care about something feel the need to announce how much they don't care. :)

ReaperTheGrim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By ReaperTheGrim

I always found it weird that people who don't care about something feel the need to announce how much they don't care. :)

Avatar image for christianrapper
christianrapper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By christianrapper

You anti-sjw gamers are weird. You are ok with a bee lady turning all of humanity and every other species into lower life forms or a cannibal turning every human into food. However, a fictional black guy’s ending says that he made life better for everyone is controversial. You know you are racist when you hate fictional black people who helped everyone including white people.

Michaelbn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Because right now they're supported by media and are the new face of generation or whatever so all of the movie companies try to please them and make a name for themselves and are too scared with the backlash. On the other hand for game companies, some of them are like movie companies while some of them are just too powerful like Rockstar Games that they just shit on SJWs in their games.

You anti-sjw gamers are weird. You are ok with a bee lady turning all of humanity and every other species into lower life forms or a cannibal turning every human into food. However, a fictional black guy’s ending says that he made life better for everyone is controversial. You know you are racist when you hate fictional black people who helped everyone including white people.

What game is that??!!

killbilly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 killbilly  Moderator

I have no idea what you're trying to say here. Why would people care about the evil actions of a character in fiction? It's fiction my dude. And what fictional black guy are you talking about?

Avatar image for the_living_tribunal_24
The_living_tribunal_24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Y2G

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kgb725: Naw, SJW's are worse. They just bitch even more when people push back.

killbilly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By killbilly  Moderator

@y2g: It's because they're used to always getting their way and the only way they know how to do so is by having a tantrum/making a scene. Personally, I think it comes from bad parenting.

BalancedTruth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They are building are more righteous world

Y2G

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@killbilly: Exactly. Look at this thread. They sound like children.

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@y2g said:

You can say the exact same about the Anti SJW crowd.

JamesWayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@overtherelook: what are you taking about? Uncharted has a mix of fantastic characters male and female, and all are represented well. Sam was a bit of a joke yes, but that’s the character, he’s not useless just the comedic relief. Chloe and Nadine kicked ass, who cares if they’re women. You’re argument that shouldn’t happen cause women can’t have strong characters? Drake should always be the main hero? Drake was the main hero, but his story ended (beautifully) and I think Chloe was a great choice for a stand-alone expansion.

Dice made a fictional game based off of real events, doesn’t mean they had to adhere 100 percent to reality. You can’t jump out of a plane and hijack another one in mid air in reality.

Avatar image for deactivated-5da4168075532
deactivated-5da4168075532

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@y2g: It's because they're used to always getting their way and the only way they know how to do so is by having a tantrum/making a scene. Personally, I think it comes from bad parenting.

Oh the irony of this statement!

killbilly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 killbilly  Moderator

@killbilly said:

Oh the irony of this statement!

Enlighten me friend.

fabricolage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There are probably better reasons to go after in terms of how things are handled if one's not looking for whatever they don't like.

@kgb725 said:
@y2g said:

You can say the exact same about the Anti SJW crowd.

This.

@overtherelook: what are you taking about? Uncharted has a mix of fantastic characters male and female, and all are represented well. Sam was a bit of a joke yes, but that’s the character, he’s not useless just the comedic relief. Chloe and Nadine kicked ass, who cares if they’re women. You’re argument that shouldn’t happen cause women can’t have strong characters? Drake should always be the main hero? Drake was the main hero, but his story ended (beautifully) and I think Chloe was a great choice for a stand-alone expansion.

Dice made a fictional game based off of real events, doesn’t mean they had to adhere 100 percent to reality. You can’t jump out of a plane and hijack another one in mid air in reality.

Or play a shooting game and somehow have respawn/a chance to continue playing the game like its not food.

fabricolage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

OP better not have made this a throwaway account for this.