• 143 results
#51 Posted by Arcadian (454 posts) - - Show Bio

I just think DCEU fans need to look in the mirror once in awhile. All these years they've consistently attacked and made fun of MCU fans as being "hive-minded" and "brainwashed", when its more a case of them being insecure about the large fanbase the MCU simply has. Like the article mentioned, you tell an MCU fan that Iron Man 2 or whatever isn't good, they can shrug it off. But you say the same thing about Justice League right now, DC fans will shoot you dead if you were talking face-to-face. And that's even more hilarious, because they always criticise MCU fans as being insecure... like, seriously?

The DCEU fanbase is honestly terrifying. A cult, pretty much, exists on Twitter. There are almost no MCU fans on Twitter, or at the very least from what I've seen they're just the Tumblr fanbase (as in, dedicated to specific actors). The DCEU fans are doing all the shouting and attacking on Twitter, and I rarely if ever see any MCU fans respond or try to counter.

#52 Edited by Stahlflamme (4412 posts) - - Show Bio

@clydedonovan64: oh, look at all the stuff you mention nobody was saying or even talking about.

#53 Posted by RBT (16498 posts) - - Show Bio

@arcadian said:

I just think DCEU fans need to look in the mirror once in awhile. All these years they've consistently attacked and made fun of MCU fans as being "hive-minded" and "brainwashed", when its more a case of them being insecure about the large fanbase the MCU simply has. Like the article mentioned, you tell an MCU fan that Iron Man 2 or whatever isn't good, they can shrug it off. But you say the same thing about Justice League right now, DC fans will shoot you dead if you were talking face-to-face. And that's even more hilarious, because they always criticise MCU fans as being insecure... like, seriously?

The DCEU fanbase is honestly terrifying. A cult, pretty much, exists on Twitter. There are almost no MCU fans on Twitter, or at the very least from what I've seen they're just the Tumblr fanbase (as in, dedicated to specific actors). The DCEU fans are doing all the shouting and attacking on Twitter, and I rarely if ever see any MCU fans respond or try to counter.

I wouldn't say that for entirety of DCEU fanbase though. Its mostly the pro Snyder fans that get crazy when you suggest anything that might hurt their sentiments. They will abuse you on twitter would downvote on reddit and basically call you stupid for not getting Snyder.

#54 Posted by lukehero (34460 posts) - - Show Bio
#55 Posted by lukehero (34460 posts) - - Show Bio

@petey_is_spidey: It’s not hating the DCEU, it’s commenting on a toxic culture and instead of trying to be dismissive you could help our fan community by trying to engage people you disagree with in a respectful manner.

#56 Posted by lukehero (34460 posts) - - Show Bio

@rbt: I have a lot of respect for you man, you try to engage people even when they are being dismissive and rude.

#57 Posted by lukehero (34460 posts) - - Show Bio
#58 Posted by Thordinson (1370 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd be pretty upset too if I invested in flawed films, deluded myself into thinking they were perfect and thinking that everyone who dislikes them is wrong.

Avatar image for theamazingspidey
#59 Posted by TheAmazingSpidey (15218 posts) - - Show Bio

@rbt: you're probably one of the most classy, reasonable people I've seen on an Internet forum lol

#60 Posted by from_beyond (742 posts) - - Show Bio

@arcadian said:

Replace the phrase "DCEU fanbase" with "Snyder fanbase" and I will agree with you. DCEU fiasco has somehow led to birth of a Snyder cult. Members of this cult are extremely hostile to any suggestion that Snyder is not a good director or some of his movies are not good. They even call Sucker Punch a misunderstood masterpiece. How can such a cult be born out of work of such an average director is beyond me. Probably a result of inherent tribalism in humans.

#61 Posted by RBT (16498 posts) - - Show Bio

@lukehero said:

@rbt: I have a lot of respect for you man, you try to engage people even when they are being dismissive and rude.

@rbt: you're probably one of the most classy, reasonable people I've seen on an Internet forum lol

You guys are too kind.

#62 Posted by MetalJimmor (4535 posts) - - Show Bio

At least on Comicvine, threads like these are why. Look at the posts here. Half the responses are people trolling and the other half are talking about DCEU fans like there's something wrong with them. In just about any thread that talks about DCEU movies, even the ones focused purely on talking with others who also enjoyed the films, you get several posters who come in and start trash talking the franchise.

There is a LOT of hate targeted toward the DCEU, and when people see things they like come under fire they get defensive. Every fandom behaves like this. Every. Single. One. Including the MCU fandom. Half the time if you offer any criticism toward the MCU movies, especially the ones generally regarded as good, you get accusations of being a DCEU fanboy or just plain bad at movies. The DCEU aren't doing well critically, which gives prime ammo to the trolls. Then the trolls attack the fans of the DCEU, which in turn makes them defensive. Which makes them more likely to react with hostility toward criticism. And that hostility makes the MCU fans feel justified in their trolling, because these guys deserve it for defending something "objectively bad". So they feel the need to troll the DCEU fans harder, or make threads like this that actively demonizes the fandom as a whole. And then the cycle continues on.

This is how tribalism happens. Everyone picks a side, demonizes the other, and then feels justified in their position because they have fooled themselves into thinking the other side is evil.

The only reason MCU fans seem more reasonable is because they are the majority and can validate their tastes by looking at critic scores and asking one another to reaffirm their beliefs, so they don't feel as defensive and thus don't need to lash out at strongly. But a minority do feel the need to troll, and that is what sets off the cycle of perpetual hate that turns every comicbook movie discussion so toxic I don't even care to post in them most of the time anymore. Comicvine has become the absolute last place I'd ever want to talk about comicbook movies, and that is just depressing.

No idea about the crazies sending death threats though. I guess some people just invest way too much of their personal identity in their fantasy stories these days. You get that stuff in other fandoms too and it's so stupid.

#63 Posted by GrImuS (174 posts) - - Show Bio

At least on Comicvine, threads like these are why. Look at the posts here. Half the responses are people trolling and the other half are talking about DCEU fans like there's something wrong with them. In just about any thread that talks about DCEU movies, even the ones focused purely on talking with others who also enjoyed the films, you get several posters who come in and start trash talking the franchise.

There is a LOT of hate targeted toward the DCEU, and when people see things they like come under fire they get defensive. Every fandom behaves like this. Every. Single. One. Including the MCU fandom. Half the time if you offer any criticism toward the MCU movies, especially the ones generally regarded as good, you get accusations of being a DCEU fanboy or just plain bad at movies. The DCEU aren't doing well critically, which gives prime ammo to the trolls. Then the trolls attack the fans of the DCEU, which in turn makes them defensive. Which makes them more likely to react with hostility toward criticism. And that hostility makes the MCU fans feel justified in their trolling, because these guys deserve it for defending something "objectively bad". So they feel the need to troll the DCEU fans harder, or make threads like this that actively demonizes the fandom as a whole. And then the cycle continues on.

This is how tribalism happens. Everyone picks a side, demonizes the other, and then feels justified in their position because they have fooled themselves into thinking the other side is evil.

The only reason MCU fans seem more reasonable is because they are the majority and can validate their tastes by looking at critic scores and asking one another to reaffirm their beliefs, so they don't feel as defensive and thus don't need to lash out at strongly. But a minority do feel the need to troll, and that is what sets off the cycle of perpetual hate that turns every comicbook movie discussion so toxic I don't even care to post in them most of the time anymore. Comicvine has become the absolute last place I'd ever want to talk about comicbook movies, and that is just depressing.

No idea about the crazies sending death threats though. I guess some people just invest way too much of their personal identity in their fantasy stories these days. You get that stuff in other fandoms too and it's so stupid.

No Caption Provided

#64 Edited by HeroUp2112 (12979 posts) - - Show Bio

@lone_wolf_and_cub: @lukehero: Here's a great thread about why so many DCEU fans are so toxic (not all of them, but a lot of them):

https://twitter.com/Acidic_Heart/status/932348475756466176

REALLY good article...too bad Doctor Doom's thread got derailed so soon into his points.

#65 Posted by lukehero (34460 posts) - - Show Bio

@metaljimmor: I appreciate your candor and although I don’t agree with some of your points I believe we need more people to speak out so we can create a better fan and vine community. I certainly don’t want my thread to become a place to bash people, but at the same time I think we have to be prepared to tolerate different view points as long as it’s constructive criticism.

Avatar image for manonthemountain
#66 Posted by Manonthemountain (538 posts) - - Show Bio

Because people put so much weight on critics scores and sites like Rotten Tomatoes when critics literally don't know sh*t. There's a lot of mindless sheep who base their personal opinion off some random critic in New York's viewpoint. They can't form their own opinion of a movie so they rehash someone else's opinion instead of their own. Some of the most panned movies of all time on their initial release went down as cult classics, Fight Club, The Matrix, Synecdoche New York, Citizen Kane, etc. The same people who say Justice League sucks will tell you to watch Ant-Man and Thor Ragnarok for the marvelous character depth. DC still has the best lineup in comics, Superman the most popular superhero of all time, Batman the second most popular hero of all time, Wonder Woman the most popular female superhero of all time, and The Joker the most well known and popular villain of all time. The DNA is there for a dominant movie franchise but management and questionable direction have left it open to criticism thus far IMO. Marvel fanboys are also some of the stupidest people on Earth, it makes trying to have a civil conversation with someone damn near impossible when they think Hela can fly and hail every MCU movie as a masterpiece and every DCEU movie as a bust without so much as forming a coherent sentence as to why, other than "CRITICS SCORE DERPPPP". I'll be the first to tell you DCEU movies aren't perfect and I'd give the Justice League a 8/10 as of now, even though I'm sure the Ultimate Edition with 30 more minutes will be even better. DCEU deserves most of the criticism it's gotten thus far, but I think the hate is WAY overblown, and people will defend themselves when unjustly attacked.

#67 Posted by Farkam (10508 posts) - - Show Bio

Because people put so much weight on critics scores and sites like Rotten Tomatoes when critics literally don't know sh*t. There's a lot of mindless sheep who base their personal opinion off some random critic in New York's viewpoint. They can't form their own opinion of a movie so they rehash someone else's opinion instead of their own. Some of the most panned movies of all time on their initial release went down as cult classics, Fight Club, The Matrix, Synecdoche New York, Citizen Kane, etc. The same people who say Justice League sucks will tell you to watch Ant-Man and Thor Ragnarok for the marvelous character depth. DC still has the best lineup in comics, Superman the most popular superhero of all time, Batman the second most popular hero of all time, Wonder Woman the most popular female superhero of all time, and The Joker the most well known and popular villain of all time. The DNA is there for a dominant movie franchise but management and questionable direction have left it open to criticism thus far IMO. Marvel fanboys are also some of the stupidest people on Earth, it makes trying to have a civil conversation with someone damn near impossible when they think Hela can fly and hail every MCU movie as a masterpiece and every DCEU movie as a bust without so much as forming a coherent sentence as to why, other than "CRITICS SCORE DERPPPP". I'll be the first to tell you DCEU movies aren't perfect and I'd give the Justice League a 8/10 as of now, even though I'm sure the Ultimate Edition with 30 more minutes will be even better. DCEU deserves most of the criticism it's gotten thus far, but I think the hate is WAY overblown, and people will defend themselves when unjustly attacked.

DCEU fan analysis:

• Muh Rotten Tomatoes
  • F**ck tha critics
  • everyone but us is a mindless sheep
  • DCEU films are up there with the greats
  • MCU buttmad
  • Muh Superheroes > yours ;)
  • Marvel fans r dum
  • unjustly attacked = muh persecution

#68 Posted by Manonthemountain (538 posts) - - Show Bio

@farkam: Lol not at all but nice try kiddo.

#69 Posted by Galactic_1000 (3349 posts) - - Show Bio

We want Zack's JL version movie

#70 Posted by Farkam (10508 posts) - - Show Bio
#71 Posted by Manonthemountain (538 posts) - - Show Bio

@farkam: Did I say everyone but DCEU fans are mindless sheep? Did I say DCEU films are up there with the greats? No? Or was that just your interpretation after a brief and flawed summary of my statement? Don't put words in my mouth, the proof is in the pudding not your half baked interpretation of what I was saying.

#72 Posted by Farkam (10508 posts) - - Show Bio

@farkam: Did I say everyone but DCEU fans are mindless sheep? Did I say DCEU films are up there with the greats? No? Or was that just your interpretation after a brief and flawed summary of my statement? Don't put words in my mouth, the proof is in the pudding not your half baked interpretation of what I was saying.

I have a Masters Degree in Internet Butthurt Analysis so I know what i'm talking about little man >:^(

#74 Posted by Mrnoital (6875 posts) - - Show Bio

#76 Posted by Manonthemountain (538 posts) - - Show Bio

@mrnoital said:

Rotten Tomatoes has an obvious bias that only willfully blind people ignore. They're both rated as 2.5/4 in the scan, yet one is certified fresh and one isn't, what does that tell people?

#77 Posted by deltahuman (1758 posts) - - Show Bio

Because Plain Jane and Mediocre movies from the other studio which makes cbms too, are rated way higher than they deserve. Yes I have the gall to say that frankly and clearly. I don't care if trolls respond to me with memes and shit.

Justice league is flawed in many ways but doesn't deserve all the mindless bashing and certainly deserves a better RT rating. I know RT doesn't rate anything. It's just an aggregate for all the critic reviews and that's where the thorn is. It's a fashion statement to bash DC movies nowadays. WW was rated extremely well not just because it was plain and simple and didn't offend anyone, it also had the whole feminism and women empowerment thing going on with it. It's undeniable. Justice league was very plain and simple, tried to be lighter in tone, and apart from the poor CGI in some shots and lesser character development, had very few noticeable flaws. Yet critics found one way or the other to complain it's bad. They'll complain about CGI villain now even though they had forgot to complain about the same thing in other movies, complain about lighter tone now even if they despiced the dark and gritty tone earlier, complain about humour now. It just doesn't end.

Intellectual critics who know about actual film making and complain about genuine cinematic flaws are very few. Most are just self styled critics with their opinion, not facts.

Avatar image for purpledeadragon
#78 Edited by PurpleDeaDragon (1238 posts) - - Show Bio

So much salt, holy hell!!1 this was fun at the beginning but now it is getting sad.

#79 Posted by SuperHulk24 (150 posts) - - Show Bio

It's pretty much open season on DC films right now. It has gotten so bad they are targeting the DC brand as a whole. DC is doing great in everything but films right now.

WB needs to get it together and quick.

#80 Posted by black_wreath (13363 posts) - - Show Bio

I've said it before and I'll say it again, the world would be a happier place if we just burned critics at the stake. Always remember, even the worst piece of shit Z-grade bargain bin flick is worth more than anyone's opinion of it. :)

But anyway, the five fingers on one's hand are never the rarely length. I don't see why I should gain some kind of stigma because some guy I never met who vents his frustrations with critics in an unhealthy manner just happens to like a movie I also like. I can handle others not sharing my taste, others can too why should we be demonized for what that tosser puts out into the world?

#81 Edited by adamTRMM (6216 posts) - - Show Bio

It deserves even more criticism for being a movie of pardons, but this is quite a self admitted bias. That said, what are the objective reasons for this movie to be rated so much lower by many, as opposed to a structurally similar flick like say Age of Ultron? "Bad CGI villain?" Check. "Plain and simple plot?" Check. "Good chemistry between the cast?" Check. "Half assed conflict between the chars?" Check. "Jokezzzz!" Check. "Smilezzzz?" Check.

So why one was smashed while the other wasn't? What is the objective reason right here?

As a general question towards DCEU? Well, to me, it's mindnumbing that "pieces of shit/mediocrity" flicks like Thors, Spider man 3, First Avenger and Superman Returns are rated fresh while MoS isn't. But that's me I guess.

#82 Posted by the_stegman (38938 posts) - - Show Bio

This. This right here.

#83 Posted by Batman3000 (5506 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm just disappointed because I grew up watching Justice League Unlimited and that was really my start with comics. I was mad seeing Justice League because it had the potential to be so much better, especially for how long I had been waiting for a movie. I hated how they did Batman too.

#84 Posted by JokerBat88 (816 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm just disappointed because I grew up watching Justice League Unlimited and that was really my start with comics. I was mad seeing Justice League because it had the potential to be so much better, especially for how long I had been waiting for a movie. I hated how they did Batman too.

Agreed

#85 Posted by Mike_Fowler (4164 posts) - - Show Bio
#86 Edited by Zevet (7 posts) - - Show Bio

Hi, this is my first time posting on this forum. Have been reading it in recent days because of Justice League situation and decided to comment when I saw the question:

@adamtrmm said:
So why one was smashed while the other wasn't? What is the objective reason right here?

Because from perspective of both critics and general audiences MCU is a trailblazer and an innovator while DCEU is a plagiarist and a copycat.

Imagine that you and your friends sit at a restaurant. Suddenly an excited chef comes out and says that he had an insight and created an exotic dessert just now called "Keln Ice cream", that this has never been tried before and that he trusts you to try it. And you take the risk and eat it. And it's great. Not without its flaws but its something completely new and amazing. You are a fan now. Not because it was that good on itself but because it offered something new. And then the final cherry on top: this chef promises to make more products like this one and you know what? They are good too!

Then one day you go to the restaurant but it is closed for that day for technical reasons. But on the other side of the street everything is lit up and shiny. Another restaurant opened and it offers brand new "Noir Cream" line of desserts from a famous talented chef. "Can't miss it!," the slogan says. So ok, you go there because you are hungry. On the one hand, you are slightly annoyed because someone is obviously taking advantage (!) of someone else's creative achievement but, on the other hand, it may offer something new too, an improvement over the formula. You try it and it tastes like the "Keln Ice cream." Roughly the same taste-like but your reactions to two brands are very different: one is positive and another one is negative.

Why? Because in the latter case your demands are automatically raised to a higher level of scrutiny. If someone offers you a product that is supposed to be an improvement over the original thing, you expect it to be better. You automatically cross and compare, search for what it does better, what it does worse. Accentuation in these scenarios is always on the negative because, frankly speaking, you already have one good product, why do you need something redundant? And yes, same or other flaws of the original get a free pass because you are already invested into that product. All of that is a natural sort of human bias. You can look at your life and easily find similar scenarios, especially in sphere of marketing (buy/not buy).

As you can see, in that regard DCEU was at a disadvantage right from the beginning. This doesn't mean that it had no chance. Afterall, a lot of succeeding products eventually overshadow originals because they are much better. And in DCEU's case it offered worse product than what was already available on the market, killing its chances to ever compete with MCU. Of course "better" or "worse" is a subjective term when we talk about art but in this case there is a substitute for objective metric - box office sales speak for themselves.

In conclusion, critics are definitely biased towards MCU brand and against DCEU one. However, this bias is not as critical and is definitely not a part of some crazy conspiracy as people here believe, it is just human nature. Also, it could easily be neutralized if WB put actual effort in this franchise, did not take DC fans for granted, understood their property, learnt from its mistakes and played it smart. They failed on all accounts.

#87 Posted by DrPepperMan (1045 posts) - - Show Bio

Honestly, if the DCEU fanbase wasn't as toxic as it is such as BabyDarkseid and DammeFavour, I'm sure MCU fans would find they enjoy DCEU movies as much as the mid and high tier MCU films.

#88 Posted by lukehero (34460 posts) - - Show Bio

@zevet said:

Hi, this is my first time posting on this forum. Have been reading it in recent days because of Justice League situation and decided to comment when I saw the question:

@adamtrmm said:

Because from perspective of both critics and general audiences MCU is a trailblazer and innovator while DCEU is a plagiarist and a copycat.

Imagine that you and your friends sit at a restaurant. Suddenly an excited chef comes out and says that he had an insight and created an exotic dessert just now called "Keln Ice cream", that this has never been tried before and that he trusts you to try it. And you take the risk and eat it. And it's great. Not without its flaws but its something completely new and amazing. You are a fan now. Not because it was that good on itself but because it offered something new. And then the final cherry on top: this chef promises to make more products like this one and you know what? They are good too!

Then one day you go to the restaurant but it is closed for that day for technical reasons. But on the other side of the street everything is lit up and shiny. Another restaurant opened and it offers brand new "Noir Cream" line of desserts from a famous talented chef. "Can't miss it!," the slogan says. So ok, you go there because you are hungry. On the one hand, you are slightly annoyed because someone is obviously taking advantage (!) of someone else's creative achievement but, on the other hand, it may offer something new too, an improvement over the formula. You try it and it tastes like the "Keln Ice cream." Roughly the same taste-like but your reactions to two brands are very different: one is positive and another one is negative.

Why? Because in the latter case your demands are automatically raised to higher level of scrutiny. If someone offers you a product that is supposed to be an improvement over the original thing, you expect it to be better. You automatically cross and compare, search for what it does better, what it does worse. Accentuation in these scenarios is always on the negative because, frankly speaking, you already have one good product, why do you need something redundant? And yes, same or other flaws of the original get a free pass because you are already invested into that product. All of that is a natural sort of human bias. You can look at your life and easily find similar scenarios, especially in sphere of marketing (buy/not buy).

As you can see, in that regard DCEU was at a disadvantage right from the beginning. This doesn't mean that it had no chance. Afterall, a lot of succeeding products eventually overshadow originals because they are much better. And in DCEU's case it offered worse product than what was already available on the market, killing its chances to ever compete with MCU. Of course "better" or "worse" is a subjective term when we talk about art but in this case there is a substitute for objective metric - box office sales speak for themselves.

In conclusion, critics are definitely biased towards MCU brand and against DCEU one. However, this bias is not as critical and is definitely not a part of some crazy conspiracy as people here believe, it is just human nature. Also, it could easily be neutralized if WB put actual effort in this franchise, did not take DC fans for granted, understood their property, learnt from its mistakes and played it smart. They failed on all accounts.

Very interesting and solid argument here.

#89 Posted by clydedonovan64 (54 posts) - - Show Bio

@stahlflamme: Right, so you can never point out the sensitive behavior MCU fans have when one of their movies is mocked. I bet if I brought up DCEU fans unprovoked in a Marvel thread you'd have no problem with it.

#90 Posted by ad-arts (1148 posts) - - Show Bio

Well... all movies from DCU and MCU are pretty bad movies, if you compare to really good ones. So bashing one, and not all of them is kind of stupid.

#91 Posted by StellatedColt (455 posts) - - Show Bio

Idk. I never really care about reviews if I want to see a movie. I will judge it myself. I've seen JL and I quite enjoyed it. It wasn't that bad from what others have told me. Sure there some problems, but I think that it's pretty solid. It made me laugh a couple times. My only wish is that it needed to be longer. Everything seemed rushed.

Avatar image for theamazingspidey
#92 Edited by TheAmazingSpidey (15218 posts) - - Show Bio

@mrnoital: @manonthemountain:

Rotten Tomatoes is bia-

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Don't just look at the final score. A review is more than just a number.

Also...

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Would ya look at that. Both of them have 6/10's but the Ragnarok one is Rotten whereas the JL one is Fresh. How bias!!!

#93 Posted by agent41 (12338 posts) - - Show Bio
#94 Edited by Stahlflamme (4412 posts) - - Show Bio

@clydedonovan64: Of course you can. Bring it up in any of the crybaby threads you and your buddies open everytime DC puts out a bad movie.

#95 Posted by OldBoy93 (1022 posts) - - Show Bio

@batman3000 said:

Agreed

Yep, a JLU live action version would have been way better

#96 Posted by Mrnoital (6875 posts) - - Show Bio

@theamazingspidey: I never said RT is bias, its just obviously flawed and not trustworthy in any way

#97 Posted by tj849 (4136 posts) - - Show Bio

This is so true, I dont get it. The people who leave troll messages are the ones who consider Age of Ultron a misunderstood masterpiece.

#98 Posted by tj849 (4136 posts) - - Show Bio

@mrnoital said:

Rotten Tomatoes has an obvious bias that only willfully blind people ignore. They're both rated as 2.5/4 in the scan, yet one is certified fresh and one isn't, what does that tell people?

#99 Edited by Thordinson (1370 posts) - - Show Bio

@theamazingspidey: They aren't recent examples but I'm also sure the first two Burton movies and Superman movies from the 70s were praised by critics.

Avatar image for tsciallsolle3451
#100 Posted by TSciallsolle3451 (999 posts) - - Show Bio

@mrnoital said:
@tj849 said:
@manonthemountain said:
@mrnoital said:

Clearly you guys did not look deeper into the topic and are just throwing out accusations without thinking it through. I will break the argument down concisely:

• Rotten Tomatoes doesn't care about the movies, it just collects the critics' reviews and push out a percentage of positive reviews for each movie.
  • Therefore if there are any bias, its the critics themselves.
  • Given that screenshot of 2.5/4 that @mrnoital had probably pulled from the likes of 4chan, please prove that each pair of Justice League/Thor Ragnarok review are made by the same critic. Then we have some proof of bias to talk about.
  • Even if you proved that each pair of Justice League/Thor Ragnarok review are made by the same critic, there is the question of whether the score matters in the Rotten Tomatoes system of grading, because ultimately whether its rotten or fresh is dependent on the critic's thumbs down/up.

Your move.