Whose Spider-Man Feats are more impressive: Tobey Maguire or Andrew Garfield?

• 54 results
skywalker95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll Whose Spider-Man Feats are more impressive: Tobey Maguire or Andrew Garfield? (55 votes)

Maguire 69%
Garfield 31%

Just these two, No Holland

• 
Amcu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@amcu: Agreed, in the end I think it comes down to Tobey’s superior lifting strength which will be invaluable for grappling, as well as his organic webbing but most of all he actually has experience fighting somebody with spider-powers in Venom.

Yeah his grappling would be better but I'm not convinced on the likelihood of Tobey tagging someone this much faster than him. The difference is astronomical and speed is harder to counter than strength. Add on to that the fact that Tobey doesn't have good enough striking to put Garfield down I really think its a stalemate. The only way I see Tobey winning is if he goes for a neck snap which he wouldn't do in character.

socajunkie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#52 socajunkie  Moderator  Online

@amcu said:
@socajunkie said:

@amcu: Agreed, in the end I think it comes down to Tobey’s superior lifting strength which will be invaluable for grappling, as well as his organic webbing but most of all he actually has experience fighting somebody with spider-powers in Venom.

Yeah his grappling would be better but I'm not convinced on the likelihood of Tobey tagging someone this much faster than him. The difference is astronomical and speed is harder to counter than strength. Add on to that the fact that Tobey doesn't have good enough striking to put Garfield down I really think its a stalemate. The only way I see Tobey winning is if he goes for a neck snap which he wouldn't do in character.

Fair enough.

Avatar image for deactivated-61a1b6940ec47
deactivated-61a1b6940ec47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Garfield

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
  1. electros bolts explode power conduits on impact
  2. spidey tanks a bomb that blasts apart a metal catwalk
  3. spidey tanks electros lightning to the face before launching him dozens of feet straight up with a kick
  4. sling shots himself into electro so hard theIr bodies crack meters of pavement inches deep as they make impact
  5. spidey throws a football so hard he dents a goal post from dozens of meters away by mistake
  6. Is so fast the world is almost frozen to him while he is able to move around

Maguire

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Gifs 1 & 2 show when spidey loses his ring and when he gets it back. This is crazy cause he has a 30 scuffle with Harry after dropping it before somehow catching it before it even drops below building height, and considering how high the ring was when we see it fall

No Caption Provided

That’s pretty insane speed

As for the bomb gif, that’s usually referenced as a durability feat, when imo it’s also a perception speed feat seeing as how he views the bomb detonate in slow motion

Avatar image for deactivated-60957cbcbe0f1
deactivated-60957cbcbe0f1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dude. Garfield Spider-Man was damn fast, while Maguire Spider-Man was damn strong.