Whose Spider-Man Feats are more impressive: Tobey Maguire or Andrew Garfield?

• 54 results
skywalker95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll Whose Spider-Man Feats are more impressive: Tobey Maguire or Andrew Garfield? (55 votes)

Maguire 69%
Garfield 31%

Just these two, No Holland

• 
kiba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Pretty sure the train was the best.

CCThor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why people heard feats they are think strength first and thought it was above all?

Reaction time,agility,webbing skill,these go to andrew.

Strength,fighting skill,durability,these go to tobey.

I think they are pretty equal.

Tenguswordsman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tobey's were much better in everything except Speed.

CCThor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

mrmonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 mrmonster  Online

Garfield stopped a bus, Maguire stopped a train.

Supermanthor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 20

Tobey

RukelnikovFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ccthor said:

@tenguswordsman:

No,andrew also has better reaction,not only speed.

What are Andrew's best reaction feats?

skywalker95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ccthor said:

@tenguswordsman:

Starts at 2:00, This beats anything Tobey has done

Loading Video...

CCThor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By CCThor

@rukelnikovftw:

He fights electro who is pretty faster than any opponents Tobey had fought.

And don’t forget this

https://youtu.be/QOIr2NaoueI

RukelnikovFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rukelnikovftw said:
@ccthor said:

@tenguswordsman:

Starts at 2:00, This beats anything Tobey has done

Loading Video...

Yup, this is awesome

Avatar image for deactivated-5f5eba8f0a2dd
deactivated-5f5eba8f0a2dd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tyger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Garfield actually moved like Spiderman on top of actually behaving like him. All Raimi Spiderman has is superior strength probably.

Darkthunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Garfield just STOMPS

Avatar image for marvelanddcfan24
MarvelandDCfan24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Garfield is faster and Tobey is stronger

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#15  Edited By Thor-Parker

Maguire is stronger, Garfield is faster and more durable.

In a fight, Garfield would win.

DannyPhantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thor_parker82: what did Garfield do durability wise that was better than tanking a grenade to the face

MAZAHS117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Toby is stronger, Andrew is faster

Michaelbn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Maguire had strength, durability and fighting skills. Also, that train.

Garfield had speed.

buildhare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Train was good but Tobey has nothing as impressive as Garfields fights with Elektro

Avatar image for fullmetalemprah
FullMetalEmprah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Maguire in strength and durability by far. But in terms of speed and agility Garfield has some pretty insane feats that I'm pretty sure could only be replicated by 616 Spidey himself(maybe PS4 Spider-Man too).

dirtytree332

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By dirtytree332

Tobey - Massive strength and durability advantage, could argue skill as well

Garfield - Considerable speed, reflexes and agility advantage, as well as intelligence

Avatar image for xmangog__beastx
xMangog__Beastx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tobey.

Mister_Surreal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Mister_Surreal

Tobey feats:

- Tanks a grenade to the face

- Dodges Goblin’s glider at point blank range

- Can move faster than a man with a gun pointed to his head

- Tanks being thrown into a brick wall

- Walks off fall damage after falling from the height of a building

- Casually Walks off being hit by a car door

- Insanely flexible

- Stops a speeding train with pure strength

Garfield feats:

- Dodgeing bullets at point black range

- Easily lifts a cop car

- Tanks being thrown through a wall

- Walking away from an electrical attacks

- Dodges multiple electricity attacks with relative ease

- Figured out how to stop Lizard and Electro

Tobey has: strength, durability, skill and flexibility.

Garfield has: speed, agility and intelligence.

Avatar image for deactivated-627d8daf1de25
deactivated-627d8daf1de25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Tobey feats:

- Tanks a grenade to the face

- Dodges Goblin’s glider at point blank range

- Can move faster than a man with a gun pointed to his head

- Tanks being thrown into a brick wall

- Walks off fall damage after falling from the height of a building

- Casually Walks off being hit by a car door

- Stops a speeding train with pure strength

Tobey Spider-Man is stronger and more durable, but no way is he faster if that's what you're implying. Garfield Spider-Man made people appear frozen.

Avatar image for deactivated-627d8daf1de25
deactivated-627d8daf1de25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Garfield Spider-Man is much faster, but Tobey Spider-Man takes strength and durability.

Mister_Surreal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@subline: I’m just listing his feats, I know that Garfield is faster.

KanyeCosby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Garfield is way faster, but Tobey is way stronger and more durable.

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thor_parker82: what did Garfield do durability wise that was better than tanking a grenade to the face

Taking Electro's lighting to the face, chest and all his body several times and get back up like nothing, the same lightning that was destroying metal and concrete into tiny bits like it was made of paper.

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why are people saying Tobey was more durable ? That's not even remotely true, he has nothing like Andrew tanking Electro's lightning which had feats of destroying large chunks of buildings, and pretty much vaporizing metal and concrete.

Also, what's this bs about Tobey being more skilled ? Neither showed any particular skill other than being very agile and dodging/counter-attacking, now people are just making up advantages for Tobey out of thin air.

Mister_Surreal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Mister_Surreal

@thor_parker82: Blunt force attacks =/= electrical attacks. Tobey has better feats of dealing with blunt force attacks. Besides, people in real life get struck by lighting and survive. And this is why Tobey is more skilled:

Loading Video...

Avatar image for deactivated-5f053db00e589
deactivated-5f053db00e589

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why are people saying Tobey was more durable ? That's not even remotely true, he has nothing like Andrew tanking Electro's lightning which had feats of destroying large chunks of buildings, and pretty much vaporizing metal and concrete.

Also, what's this bs about Tobey being more skilled ? Neither showed any particular skill other than being very agile and dodging/counter-attacking, now people are just making up advantages for Tobey out of thin air.

I haven't seen amazing spider-man 2 but Tobey was taking hits from giant sandman, and was being hit with enough force that his hits were shaking the building. That's pretty insane blunt force.

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Thor-Parker

@jashro44 said:
@thor_parker82 said:

I haven't seen amazing spider-man 2 but Tobey was taking hits from giant sandman, and was being hit with enough force that his hits were shaking the building. That's pretty insane blunt force.

Wow, just wow, how come you haven't seen it ?

Tobey was almost dead by those punches, whereas Andrew was barely hurt and literally made jokes about being hit by the lightning and how it hurts and proceeded to continue as if nothing had happened.

Worldofthunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Power-wise, Tobey. Grace and speed-wise, Garfield.

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thor_parker82: Blunt force attacks =/= electrical attacks. Tobey has better feats of dealing with blunt force attacks. Besides, people in real life get struck by lighting and survive. And this is why Tobey is more skilled:

Loading Video...

It's overall durability, this isn't asking about specific durability like piercing, energy or blunt force, it's asking for overall durability, and nothing Tobey tanked is better than Andrew taking those lighntings as if they were nothing. As for normal people surviving lightning, that's a silly comparison, they survive it but on the brink of death, besides, Electro's lightning was shown as much more powerful than a regular lightning, which as far as I know, doesn't take out large chunks of buildings nor vaporizes concrete, on top of that, a real lightning lasts 30 microseconds, whereas Electro could sustain it as long as he wanted and Andrew was struck constantly for many seconds SEVERAL times.

Besides we never really saw any blunt force attacks put down Andrew in his two movies, he never really seemed hurt by any physical attack, granted he was never physically struck by something like Sandman, but still, his feat against lightning is an indication of his overall durability, and the feat surpasses anything Tobey has done.

Now, as for that video of the train fight, I still don't see how that makes him more skilled, he's just doing what I said previously which all Spider-Men do, dodge and counter attack, I find Andrew's fight with Electro much more impressive, I don't see Tobey replicating what Andrew did, whereas I can see Garfield replicating everything and better, except for stopping the train.

Loading Video...

Mister_Surreal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Mister_Surreal

@thor_parker82: I have no idea what you’re talking, people survive being electrocuted whears no one in the history of mankind tanked a grenade to the face, not to mention the thermal heat. Tobey has also tanked falling from a building and stopped an entire train, which is a feat of both strength and durbality. Electro’s attacks are nothing to boast about compared to what Tobey has survived. As for the train scene, Tobey has far more skill regarding how he deals with physical threats in terms of utilizing his flexibility and maneuvering around his environment.

Stormdriven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They both have multiple, separate categories where one is superior to the other. If anything, it’s a wash between them. I guess Garfield’s Spider-Man looked more like Spider-Man come to life, but that’s about it.

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thor_parker82: I have no idea what you’re talking, people survive being electrocuted whears no one in the history of mankind tanked a grenade to the face, not to mention the thermal heat. Tobey has also tanked falling from a building and stopped an entire train, which is a feat of both strength and durbality. Electro’s attacks are nothing to boast about compared to what Tobey has survived. As for the train scene, Tobey has far more skill regarding how he deals with physical threats in terms of utilizing his flexibility and maneuvering around his environment.

That's quite the opposite, Andrew is much better at that.

As for the lightning, I don't know how to convince you, the proof is there, Andrew took lightning that took out large chunks off of buildings, vaporized concrete and metal, yet he tanked it like it just tickled.

Let's agree to disagree.

Mister_Surreal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thor_parker82: Fair enough. I do agree that Garfield has impresive showings and Tobey Maguire.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thor_parker82: I tried watching it but I found it boring. I might give it another shot some day.

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#42 the_stegman  Moderator

Not the best strength feat, and the train one beats it. But God is this cool for Garfield.

No Caption Provided

Amcu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

In terms of strength Tobey is by far the superior. Train feat or holding up a huge amount of debris are better than anything Garfield did. In terms of durability I would go with Tobey too but Garfield is very good. Speedwise Garfield is massively faster than Tobey. Completely different tiers with him consistently bulletiming and doing what is seemingly lightning timing(if you can take that seriously). He showed multiple times to operate at a speed where regular people where completely frozen.

Overall I would think Garfield wins via speed but his striking wasn't exactly amazing and Tobey has great blunt force durability. Thinking on it I struggle to envision Garfield could put him down. On the flip side I don't recall any great striking feats for Tobey either and it will be almost impossible for him to tag Garfield.

I'm thinking stalemate honestly but I could be convinced otherwise.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f5eba8f0a2dd
deactivated-5f5eba8f0a2dd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@amcu: Would you say Garfield is hypersonic with his feats in TASM 2? That was speed feats galore.

He only has one low showing and thats stupidly getting tagged by a handgun bullet in TASM 1.

Avatar image for buttersdaman000
buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tobey is basically a high tier, street level tank with super speed and agility. Andrew is considerably faster, but not fast enough to dance circles around Tobey. But, all that really matters is that both of them would wax Holland. It's not even debatable lol

socajunkie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 socajunkie  Moderator

@amcu said:

In terms of strength Tobey is by far the superior. Train feat or holding up a huge amount of debris are better than anything Garfield did. In terms of durability I would go with Tobey too but Garfield is very good. Speedwise Garfield is massively faster than Tobey. Completely different tiers with him consistently bulletiming and doing what is seemingly lightning timing(if you can take that seriously). He showed multiple times to operate at a speed where regular people where completely frozen.

Overall I would think Garfield wins via speed but his striking wasn't exactly amazing and Tobey has great blunt force durability. Thinking on it I struggle to envision Garfield could put him down. On the flip side I don't recall any great striking feats for Tobey either and it will be almost impossible for him to tag Garfield.

I'm thinking stalemate honestly but I could be convinced otherwise.

Well we can compare:

Struggles to break glass with multiple hits vs one-punches through metal.

skywalker95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Amcu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@amcu: Would you say Garfield is hypersonic with his feats in TASM 2? That was speed feats galore.

He only has one low showing and thats stupidly getting tagged by a handgun bullet in TASM 1.

You could certainly argue that the lightning timing places him at that level. I don't know if I want to myself but regardless he's super fast.

Amcu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@socajunkie: Failing to break glass is such a horrible showing its hard for me to take it seriously. But yeah if we go by that Tobey's better. I still don't think that's really going to do much damage to Garfield though and Tobey will still have a super hard time tagging him.

socajunkie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 socajunkie  Moderator

@amcu: Agreed, in the end I think it comes down to Tobey’s superior lifting strength which will be invaluable for grappling, as well as his organic webbing but most of all he actually has experience fighting somebody with spider-powers in Venom.