Whose Slate Has You More Excited?

• 70 results
EyeDCyou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 13

Poll Whose Slate Has You More Excited? (103 votes)

DC 41%
Marvel 60%

If anyone tries to start a flame war in the comments I will flag all of your comments on this thread. BE CIVIL.

Enough of that. WE GOT SO MANY MOVIES. Great time to be a comic book movie fan that's for sure. I want to see which slate has you guys more excited for the next couple of years.

Base your vote on which one has you more excited, and nothing else. Not which studio will gross more. Not which studio will make better movies, etc. etc.

Here are the slates for you slowpokes:

DC

Batman v. Superman: Dawn of Justice

Suicide Squad

Wonder Woman

Justice League pt. 1

The Flash

Aquaman

Shazam!

Justice League pt. 2

Cyborg

Green Lantern

Marvel

Avengers: Age of Ultron

Ant-Man

Captain America 3: Civil War

Doctor Strange

Guardians of the Galaxy 2

Thor: Ragnarok

Black Panther

Avengers: Infinity War pt. 1

Captain Marvel

Inhumans

Avengers: Infinity War pt. 2

• 
Avatar image for beaconofstrength
BeaconofStrength

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By BeaconofStrength

Marvel, I guess. MoS really, really, really let me down. Don't care for the DCCU or MCU that much, though.

BullPR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

None?

It's too much right now.

Unless the CBM evolves and become a real "genre" like the western before for example.

Except TDK all the recent CBM are mostly entertainment movies. And that's way too much entertainment movies for me in the near futur.

Avatar image for symbioticspider-man
SymbioticSpider-Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 10

Marvel, obviously.

SilverPool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By SilverPool

DC because I think there's more potential there down the line with Crisis and Earth 2. I also love many of the characters on the DC slate, whereas I'm mostly just curious about the solo movies for the Marvel slate.

Avatar image for battle_forum_junkie
Battle_Forum_Junkie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

It's pretty even for me. Though It doesn't really matter, since I'll likely be running to the theater for every single one of these films.

TysonCage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By TysonCage

Marvel, for now. If Batman vs. Superman is anything more promising than what it looks like right now, then I might feel more hyped about DC, because TDK trilogy impressed me a lot more than The Avengers.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c901e667a76c
deactivated-5c901e667a76c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I'm leaning towards Marvel.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator

This is the toughest question I've ever had to answer

On the one hand, Marvel has dependability. They have proven themselves in the film making genre. Their shared universe is already well fleshed out and amazing.

However, while DC is a bit new to the game, I LOVED Man of Steel and I'm more of a DC fan at heart.

I feel like Marvel has the better chance of producing good movies, but I'm more EXCITED for DC's. I mean, Superman and Batman will be freakin' fighting for Rao's sake!!

Spideysense44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

Marvel right now

FearTheLiving

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Marvel, they just have the track record. DC/WB still have a lot to prove to me.

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 rogueshadow  Moderator

Marvel. My DC hype isn't as big as Marvel hype right now, it's not an actual universe yet.

If DC/WB needs to work on one thing, it's advertising, they are crap at it/aren't even bothering to try. They need a Feige.

TysonCage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By TysonCage

@rogueshadow said:

If DC/WB needs to work on one thing, it's advertising, they are crap at it/aren't even bothering to try. They need a Feige.

That statement's kinda sad, really, when you think about it. I like Man of Steel, but now DC has to pander to petty marketing skills to get their other movies straight. Meh.

FearTheLiving

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rogueshadow: Well it doesn't help that we found out their slate through a business meeting over an "event".

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 rogueshadow  Moderator

@rogueshadow: Well it doesn't help that we found out their slate through a business meeting over an "event".

Basically yeah, they aren't even trying.

@rogueshadow said:

That statement's kinda sad, really, when you think about it. I like Man of Steel, but now DC has to pander to petty marketing skills to get their other movies straight. Meh.

It's the way of the world, I bang on about the status of WW, BM and SM but that's only going to get them so far. I liked MOS too, I think there were some things about it that were actually phenomenal, hampered significantly by some subpar aspects. MOS had mixed reception and I feel like DC needs to push themselves more than Marvel do, but aren't bothering.

BvS is going to make huge amounts of money, that's a given, the problem is in the follow up films, can SS, Flash and Aquaman make the same levels? If BvS is meh - bad, Suicide Squad is more than likely f*cked and then there'll be a downward spiral. I want DC to start pushing the envelope because I want the DCCU to do well and while WB/DC are clearly investing in these properties, I worry they aren't going all out in every angle aside from business and that these executives aren't fully in synch with the way of the world now. Youtube, conventiones, forums etc, these are marketing tools they aren't using at all.

They need a Feige.

HumanRocket

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Leaning towards Marvel because I'm most excited for the Inhumans film. I have a good feelings Black Bolt will be portrait really well in that film.

Avatar image for shadowswordmaster
ShadowSwordmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

I'm siding with Marvel here.

TysonCage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By TysonCage

BvS is going to make huge amounts of money, that's a given, the problem is in the follow up films, can SS, Flash and Aquaman make the same levels? If BvS is meh - bad, Suicide Squad is more than likely f*cked and then there'll be a downward spiral. I want DC to start pushing the envelope because I want the DCCU to do well and while WB/DC are clearly investing in these properties, I worry they aren't going all out in every angle aside from business and that these executives aren't fully in synch with the way of the world now. Youtube, conventiones, forums etc, these are marketing tools they aren't using at all.

They need a Feige.

With Terrio and Affleck's input on the script involved, I feel like they have a better chance of doing a good movie than they did with Goyer and Snyder. The problem is, Snyder's still around, and I don't have a lot of confidence in Snyder. But if BvS does become meh, Snyder will be gone for good, probably. That said, if BvS does become meh, DC's in a lot of trouble anyway, so that might no longer matter anymore.

I want to believe that Snyder can pull this off, though. Sucker Punch was an ambitious idea, so I could at least respect him as an artist. But right now, DC needs a lot of push, and Snyder just feels like a dangerous bet that WB's not taking seriously enough. But I'm probably just biased against Zack.

Cloakx14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Marvel - Black Panther, Captain Marvel, Dr. Strange, Deadpool and Age of ultron.

Uncanny_Doom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#19  Edited By Uncanny_Doom

I think it's kind of unfair to go with anything but Marvel since they're the ones proving this can work and showing us how. I want DC to pull it off and all that but I'm not excited for anything they're doing until I see at least one movie that stands out of the muck that we're used to.

Avatar image for deactivated-5fbfd5d291164
deactivated-5fbfd5d291164

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 74

User Lists: 7

DC and it isn't close.

Sure, want to see Dr. Strange, Black panther, and Inhumans.. but that's it.

For DC I am hype for every single movie they annouced.

Avatar image for greatcaesarsghost
GreatCaesarsGhost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

DC because I'm kind of burned out on Marvel and their over saturated market.

Catsnlynne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Marvel.

Avatar image for redbird3rdboywonder
redbird3rdboywonder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

even though i'm a DC fan i'm more excited to see the marvel movies due to the fact that Marvel's movies have been good(Iron man 3 and Thor 2 were decent) whereas I feel as though the DC movies have a very high percentage to flop since they're rushing to catch up to Marvel, I liked MOS but I compare it to IM3 where i see it as decent, I mean it didn't exactly wow me

Comicdude360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Marvel for sure. Dc lost me with the whole multiple universes thing.

Saint_Sophie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

DC because of Wonder Woman and Suicide Squad.

righteous300

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

DC since I actually read their comics and enjoy their stories and characters more.

Avatar image for buttersdaman000
buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

DC, but they really need to fix their slate

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm super excited for everything Marvel has announced right now

I'm one of the MoS haters so for me I'm still not excited for anything DC right now....I'll still end up going to see them and hope for the best but MoS left a super sour taste in my mouth

Quickfingers26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Marvel, they just have the track record. DC/WB still have a lot to prove to me.

TheBlondeGod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

DC because of Wonder Woman and Suicide Squad.

Also, I think DC is doing the Quality over Quantity thing. Look at their slate, they're throwing off their big names with the likes of Wonder Woman and The Flash.

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 138

Marvel. This could change as more info is revealed and the movies are released.

rev_sulphur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

DC for me. So glad Marvel are making a Captain Marvel movie.

johnfrank120

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

DC

EdgeJohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By EdgeJohn

DC movies will blow so hard! Hope they go bankrupt since Marvel is WAY BETTER

TheDandyMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

Marvel but quite a good amount, I'm not really that interested in the likes of Wonder Woman or Cyborg.

zaied

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

DC. Outside of Black Panther, I haven't really been anticipating anything else Marvel is pushing such as the Civil War or whatever.

Avatar image for amazing_webhead
amazing_webhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 20

#37  Edited By amazing_webhead

I'm sorry, which one involves the two most iconic superheroes of all time facing off?

No Caption Provided

TheCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 47

Marvel by far.

AoU, Dr. Strange, Black Panther, Captain Marvel, Inhumans, & Infinity War could all solo, I'm a bit nervous about Cap 3 but I have faith after WS, Thor 3 I'll skip in theaters (hated 2), & Ant-Man I don't care about that much.

The only DC films I really care about are Wonder Woman, Aquaman, & Suicide Squad. The other I'd watch, but I'm not going nuts over them. And this is assuming the films even get made (which I don't believe until I see trailers for them).

Cap10nate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Marvel for me.

No Caption Provided

AwesomePerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

While DC has a good lineup, I am more excited in Marvel since I know what to expect from them and they generally don't let comic fans down...

That may change with DC...

Mrnoital

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Mrnoital

DC, don't know why people are saying MoS was so disappointing yet Marvel has been constantly amazing

Didn't like either Thor, Cap 1 or Iron Man 3 nearly as much as MoS

and they almost always follow the format of Action-Comedy-Romance which I've gotten so tired of

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 12

DC,

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 32

Are we counting TV shows?

EyeDCyou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

Snorvy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is almost like comparing apples to oranges for me. We don't quite know what we have yet with DC, this first round of movies will be the foundation for the DCCU and for each character individually. It's easier to get excited about Marvel right now because of the studio's track record and the characters that are already fleshed out. With the right special effects and acting, I think the scope of the DCCU could be even larger and grander than the awesome universe that Marvel has given us. Hard to compare a teenager to a toddler right now though!!

SanoHibiki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

DC for me.

Plogty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Plogty

Marvel movies are entertaining, but they never really make me feel anything. Even when DC takes a bit of a misstep, their characters make me more emotional. Age of Ultron looks promising, but DC's current slate has me more excited.

SoA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

#49  Edited By SoA

marvel , they got a plan and announced it to the world.

dc does not give me much faith as they are pushing for suicide squad so soon and the movies I am looking forward to (shazam,GL,JLD) are years(!!!) from now if not non-existing

JulieDC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The casting choices on DC don't really leave me all that excited. At first I was kinda "meh" on the Marvel movies until I found out that they are going to do a Captain Marvel movie. I always wanted to know more about her but never really knew where to begin.