Who's your favourite member of class 1-A? (My Hero Academia)

• 62 results
Avatar image for sinbad_hakuryuu
Sinbad_Hakuryuu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll Who's your favourite member of class 1-A? (My Hero Academia) (35 votes)

Yuga Aoyama / Can't Stop Twinkling 0%
Mina Ashido / Pinky 0%
Tsuyu Asui / Froppy 6%
Tenya Iida / Ingenium 0%
Ochaco Uraraka / Uravity 3%
Mashirao Ojiro / Tailman 0%
Denki Kaminari / Chargebolt 0%
Eijiro Kirishima / Red Riot 23%
Koji Koda / Anima 0%
Rikido Sato / Sugarman 0%
Mezo Shoji / Tentacole 0%
Kyoka Jiro / Earphone Jack 6%
Hanta Sero / Cellophane 0%
Fumikage Tokoyami / Tsukuyomi 0%
Shoto Todoroki / Shoto 14%
Toru Hakagure / Invisible Girl 3%
Izuku Midoriya / Deku 17%
Katsuki Bakugo 14%
Minoru Mineta / Grape Juice 3%
Momo Yaoyorozu / Creati 11%

I'm curious who's your favourite member of class 1-A ? Its not necessary has to be only power , it can be personality, appearance, inspiration etc.

• 
Avatar image for sinbad_hakuryuu
Sinbad_Hakuryuu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

Here the picture for reference.

GarouHM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Hmm... Midoriya I guess.

Antebellum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Kyouka Jirou

Antebellum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Do for 1-B as well.

Ryokuma100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Deku literally built different

Rizaadxn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kirishima

Avatar image for amnotcharizard2
amnotcharizard2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kirishima

Avatar image for deactivated-60ee8521dfb0b
deactivated-60ee8521dfb0b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He is just another generic shonen MC. Not sure why you think of that

OT : Bakugou coz his personality is quite diverse compared to most of Class 1-A

Necromancer76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Shoto

Bink_69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Shoto. Even though he hasn't really done much recently, he's been my favorite character since day 1. I just thought his quirk and design were really cool and he's gotten quite a bit of development too.

Necromancer76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ryokuma100 said:

To each his own, Bakugo is one of the most unlikeable characters I've watched in anime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@themadtitan6000 said:
@ryokuma100 said:

To each his own, Bakugo is one of the most unlikeable characters I've watched in anime

Just because he is a Tsundere ? Ok then

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@necromancer76: It is just your opinion if you hate Tsundere type characters coz i understand the situation

Penguin-Dust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Invisible Girl and Tsukuyomi (demon crow boy).

Necromancer76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@themadtitan6000 said:

@necromancer76: It is just your opinion if you hate Tsundere type characters coz i understand the situation

Except I don't, Tatsumaki is my favorite female character in anime and she's a tsundere, I just don't like how MHA tries to force this friendship between Deku and Bakugo when the latter was a jerk to him for years. If someone was a jerk to me for a really long time for a petty reason, I wouldn't go out of my way to make sure that person was my best friend as opposed to all the other people around me who were nice to me right off the bat.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@themadtitan6000 said:

Except I don't, Tatsumaki is my favorite female character in anime and she's a tsundere, I just don't like how MHA tries to force this friendship between Deku and Bakugo when the latter was a jerk to him for years. If someone was a jerk to me for a really long time for a petty reason, I wouldn't go out of my way to make sure that person was my best friend as opposed to all the other people around me who were nice to me right off the bat.

Well you should hate Deku for that reason coz he was the one who wanted to be friends with Bakugou

Necromancer76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well you should hate Deku for that reason coz he was the one who wanted to be friends with Bakugou

You're right, I should (and I do, it's probably my least favorite attribute of his).

Belando

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kirishima. And I like Bakugo's progression.

ArranVid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This was a hard one to choose because most of them have cool powers (except the grape guy...I have a fear of grapes lol). I went with Shouto because ever since I was a kid I loved to have fire powers like Charizard. It is funny that nobody has mentioned that Tenya looks and behaves like Clark Kent and that his quirk looks like Mewtwo. Ochako's quirk looks like Mew. I feel sorry for Shouto though because his mum put boiling water in his eye and his dad wasn't the best dad to him.

ArranVid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

MHA is the Japanese copy of Disney's 2005 Sky High

Ryokuma100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@themadtitan6000: He’s more built different than anyone else in the class?

I don’t see anyone else in the class literally breaking their bones and slamming villains like him.

Maybe I should like Kouta. He’s really out there doing the most for the series.

EmmaFrostXmen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By EmmaFrostXmen

I like Deku and Momo. I find them to be the most interesting and relatable personally.

matbezlima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@themadtitan6000: Deku is an adorable dork from what little I've seen. He is a trope, but tropes aren't bad, he seems to be a likeable and well done version of his trope.

matbezlima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@necromancer76: I don't think that's a fair reason to hate Deku. Not saying that he is necessarily right in doing that, but it isn't a reason to actually hate anyone, either in cartoons or real life. At worst, Deku is a victim. And victims should never be blamed. There are many cases in real life of people being trapped in abuse that are far worse than what Deku went through, but still try to reconcile with the abuser over and over. I'm not saying that Deku and Bakugo's dynamic is exactly like that or that any potential friendship between them is hopeless and impossible, I just want to make the point that him trying to be friends with Bakugo is not a valid reason to hate Deku. It's only reason to empathize with Deku.

I recommend this video essay.

Loading Video...

Necromancer76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@matbezlima: First off, at no point did I say I hate Deku. I simply gave an example of an attribute that I dislike about him, without mentioning any of the attributes that I appreciate about him. Secondly, he is at fault if he intentionally continues to "poke the bear" when he has many opportunities to completely ignore him or stay with a group of people so he can't be abused. He's not trapped. And thirdly, yes it's a valid reason to dislike Deku because—rather than make stronger connections with the people who appreciate or support him—he spends the most time trying to be friends with the guy who physically, verbally, and emotionally abused him for years over a petty reason.

matbezlima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

matbezlima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@necromancer76: Also, I would say that happens because of his obsession with helping everyone, helping them be better people.

Necromancer76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@matbezlima said:

@necromancer76: Also, I would say that happens because of his obsession with helping everyone, helping them be better people.

I can agree with that

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ryokuma100: @ryokuma100: When the heck did I say Deku was built different than anyone in his class ?

Also his personality is like that of a stereotypical shounen MC, which makes him look dull

Ryokuma100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@themadtitan6000: We are talking about the class. I said he’s built different referring to the other students in the class because of OP.

I didn’t say you said that, but you’re saying Deku is average in an average anime while I’m saying that he’s prominently portrayed better than everyone else in the class.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@themadtitan6000: We are talking about the class. I said he’s built different referring to the other students in the class because of OP.

I didn’t say you said that, but you’re saying Deku is average in an average anime while I’m saying that he’s prominently portrayed better than everyone else in the class.

I see but my point still stands no matter how defensive you wanna get.

Antebellum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kyouka Jirou

2nd Shoto
3rd Invisible Girl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I like how someone picked Mineta lol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't hate Mineta that much but it is rare to see someone actually pick Mineta as their favorite member of Class 1-A

Ryokuma100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@themadtitan6000: I’m not being defensive lol. It’s just you not understanding.

You can hate Deku all you want, but he isn’t AVERAGE in the CLASS. That’s what OP asked. He’s built different in the scope of the CLASS.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ryokuma100 said:

@themadtitan6000: I’m not being defensive lol. It’s just you not understanding.

You can hate Deku all you want, but he isn’t AVERAGE in the CLASS. That’s what OP asked. He’s built different in the scope of the CLASS.

Not even once did i say i hate Deku. I only said he feels like one of the generic shonen MC.

Not sure why you care

Apart from that, what makes you think he is built different ?

AgumonX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I like Kirishima and Tsukuyomi , Deku is indeed generic shounen MC . Bakugou is diverse than the rest of class, his "I want to be the best" attitude lit the fire in others including Deku. In the end, as other said, each to their own.

Ryokuma100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@themadtitan6000: You do not like aspects of him and you initially replied to me explain why my opinion is wrong, which is fine. I have to explain this because I’ll be called defensive.

You called him dull, which I don’t care about. Which I don’t care about.

You don’t like Deku in multiple regards. Hate is a synonym.

And he is built different, as I explained before, because of his approach in the manga towards villains. He turns crazy when in some altercations. I even agree that he’s an average Shonen protagonist, but he’s not average in regards to the class. Everything said is nothing serious, or I’ll be accounted as being defensive.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

As cliche of an answer as it is:

1. Bakugo
  2. Deku
  3. Shoto

From than on its hard to say.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By jashro44

@necromancer76 said:

@matbezlima: First off, at no point did I say I hate Deku. I simply gave an example of an attribute that I dislike about him, without mentioning any of the attributes that I appreciate about him. Secondly, he is at fault if he intentionally continues to "poke the bear" when he has many opportunities to completely ignore him or stay with a group of people so he can't be abused. He's not trapped. And thirdly, yes it's a valid reason to dislike Deku because—rather than make stronger connections with the people who appreciate or support him—he spends the most time trying to be friends with the guy who physically, verbally, and emotionally abused him for years over a petty reason.

I wouldn't say Deku really tried to be friends with Bakugo. At least not before there fight after Bakugo had gotten kidnapped.

It was more so that Deku acknowledged Bakugo as this talented person who was in his life. Its why in a lot of moments when Deku's back is against the wall he starts acting similarly to Bakugo like against Bakugo during there first fight, when he finger flicked the water in the USJ, and against Muscular.

There is a part of Deku that wants to be like Bakugo, even though Deku himself doesn't like that. Because he recognizes Bakugo's talent and drive to be the best.

matbezlima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44: Interesting. For all of Bakugo's huge flaws, such as his bully ways and huge arrogance, his drive, willpower and dedication to always get better and win is truly impressive. In that regard, not only Midoriya admires Bakugo, but the rest of the class also feels inspired by Bakugo to train harder and be better too. The fight of Midoriya and Bakugo against All Might seems a perfect showcase of that. If I understood things correctly, I haven't really seen much yet, I have seen episodes of the anime and scenes too, but I still haven't been able to do a marathon of the manga and anime.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ryokuma100: Wow, such toxicity and aggression you really are depicting towards others. I really am sorry for asking you this and bothering you in the first place coz I didn't know you would be this toxic of a fellow at the initial point over trivial matters.

Well, at least I got my answer from you, which would seem fair. All for asking a question and yet you straight up insult others just for the sake of their opinions ngl.

Also, if you are gonna keep on reply to me next time, I will have to ignore it coz I don't wanna fight anymore over petty matters like you are finding fun at.

Also I will turn off my notifications from this thread coz I don't want to detail this thread any further.

Good day to you, mate.

Necromancer76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44: I think it's clear that he was trying to be friends with him. We see Deku constantly trying to hang out with Bakugo as a kid, even when the latter would be a jerk to him. Then it continued when Deku followed after Bakugo and told him about his quirk despite Bakugo being pissed at him because he lost the duo match. I personally don't see why he can't respect and mirror Bakugo without trying to constantly talk to him and be his friend when he knows he's gonna get insulted or bullied.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44: I think it's clear that he was trying to be friends with him. We see Deku constantly trying to hang out with Bakugo as a kid, even when the latter would be a jerk to him. Then it continued when Deku followed after Bakugo and told him about his quirk despite Bakugo being pissed at him because he lost the duo match. I personally don't see why he can't respect and mirror Bakugo without trying to constantly talk to him and be his friend when he knows he's gonna get insulted or bullied.

I'd have to double check the manga and remember if it was there as well but I know in the anime it was stated they were friends before Bakugo unlocked his quirk. After he got his quirk is when he started to get cocky and be a dick. There shown hanging out a lot as kids but by chapter 1 in the manga it doesn't seem like Deku is within his circle. My understanding is they were friends, Bakugo got his quirk and didn't want to be friends with a "weakling", and at some point Deku got the message but still admired Bakugo.

That's why in the flash back where he beat up those 4th graders we see Deku admiring Bakugo but he never comes out to congratulate him. Because at that point they weren't friends anymore and Deku understood it so he sort of just admired Bakugo from a distance.

When he chased after Bakugo I don't think he was trying to be his friend. Bakugo thought Deku was lying to him for years about being qurikless and Deku just wanted to set the record straight he wasn't trying to embarrass him. I don't think that's the same as trying to be his friend.

Necromancer76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44: As far as I know, Bakugo's arrogant tendencies effected prior to the awakening of his quirk (I think he started calling Midoriya Deku before this at least). Then Midoriya continued to follow Bakugo after he already had awakened his quirk (such as when he fell in the river).

Deku telling Bakugo extremely confidential information that the person he literally worships told him not to reveal to anyone suggests a little more than simply upholding personal integrity imo. He could have easily said nothing, or just told Bakugo that he's not as weak as he thought, or something like that.

RIKR2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Deku followed by Kirishima

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@necromancer76:

As far as I know, Bakugo's arrogant tendencies effected prior to the awakening of his quirk (I think he started calling Midoriya Deku before this at least). Then Midoriya continued to follow Bakugo after he already had awakened his quirk (such as when he fell in the river).

No its directly stated Bakugo wasn't "bad" before his quirk manifested. Just confident.

No Caption Provided

Deku telling Bakugo extremely confidential information that the person he literally worships told him not to reveal to anyone suggests a little more than simply upholding personal integrity imo. He could have easily said nothing, or just told Bakugo that he's not as weak as he thought, or something like that.

If he said nothing than Bakugo would still think Midoriya was trying to trick him. I don't think saying Bakugo isn't weak would change anything either because Bakugo thought Deku was looking down on him from his perspective.

Besides he basically did say that during the fight when he said the reason he wants to beat Bakugo is because he is amazing. If he just walked up to him and said Bakugo was strong he obviously wouldn't want to hear that and it would just make the situation worst.

I think there is a difference between being someone's friend and being considerate of someone's feeling. You can have empathy for someone without being there friend, even if it is someone you don't like. Deku always has empathy for everyone. He even has some empathy for Shigaraki after everything he did last arc and wants to try to save him. As mean as Bakugo was to Deku throughout his childhood, Shigaraki is clearly much worst.

Ryokuma100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@themadtitan6000: Don’t care that you’ll ignore this.

You called me toxic. Nothing was toxic. That’s an insult.

You said I was defensive. That isn’t directly an insult. I don’t mind defending something you’re confused about. You personally took it too harshly. Anyone can see that. Maybe one day you’ll see that.

There is no insult from what I said. Anyone can see that and read. You literally called me defensive in a negative sense.

This is really just you taking things the wrong way and not understanding the flow of a conversation. I purposely explained my reasoning and my words because of your lack of understanding multiple times.

And again, no words I said were insults, unlike you throwing shade initially and finally at the end when you decide to run.

Next time anyone has an opinion, please read OP and what was said and respect people’s opinions and the explanations they have for their opinions.