Who's Your All-Time Favourite Fictional Character?

• 52 results
Avatar image for themetalgearzero
TheMetalGearZero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By TheMetalGearZero

Well, basically... the title is self-explanatory - who's your all time favourite fictional character - be it from a comic book, video game, novel, movie etc. etc. Not sure if this belongs in General Discussion or Off Topic - if it belongs in Off Topic feel free to move it mods. Well... go ahead, and complete with reasons. I'll kick this off:

No Caption Provided

The Amazing Spider-Man... is easily my all-time favourite fictional character. There's other characters I like - The Avengers, Batman and The X-Men, but my knowledge of those are limited to the films and cartoons. Spider-Man is the only character that I'm truly knowledgeable about - inside and outside of movies and animated. I've got a MARVEL Unlimited subscription, so I've got 14 000 MARVEL comics... but all I read is Spidey. I'm working on reading all 700 issues of ASM, and I'm on #37 now, and I've read TASM: Big Time arc, bits of Spider-Island, etc. etc. And by the time I've completed all 700#, I'll be really knowledgeable!

Spider-Man's my all... he's my childhood hero - I grew on the Original SM Trilogy, but whilst, overall, the new films are better movies, the old movies will always hold a special place in my heart. I've read the entire Ultimate Spider-Man, and I've enjoyed that too - but my passion lies in the mainstream Spidey. I like Spidey because he's relatable - I'm a socially awkward guy but I've got good morals and I like to help others out, and that's the Peter of the Lee/Ditko run - and I can easily relate to that.

He's got awesome powers, awesome comics and the best rouges gallery of all time, and every single time I complete a Spidey comic, I've more then likely got a smile on my face. I love the tone of each and every single one of the issues, and the quipping is all the more awesome. Simply put - I love everything about Spidey.

uugieboogie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My all time favorite fictional character is Thor. It was the first comic my dad read to me & it was his favorite hero too. You could say it was kind of tradition, every night I stayed with him we would read a new comic (new to me) & take a "Journey Into Mystery" as he would say lol. Even though my mom hated it because it was only "One God" in here book lol.

I've been into all sorts of mythology Norse, Greco-Roman, African etc. Reading Thor comics I got to see these Gods or Deities from a different aspect, as actual superheroes. Reading his comics just made me get deep into mythology & studying it. He was my ultimate hero & I will go to bat defending him, lol.

Everything about Thor amazed me. He is so powerful & was actually a God & still offered his service to earth. This guy could literally do whatever he wanted. He had the total package, strength, elemental powers, invulnerability & Mjolnir. I wanted a Mjolnir so bad, lol. He was so honorable & a true warrior. I waited all my life to see him on the big screen & when it happened I was disappointed but I was still happy he finally made it & started getting the recognition he deserved. As time went by & Thor started to change I changed with him.

The main thing that attracted me to Thor comics was his need to get his fathers approval which is something all young men long for. He was a God but still dealt with & felt real human emotions. Thor is just an awesome character & I love reading his stories. I'm a little bumed about this change into a woman but a least Thor will still be around with a metal arm & good ole Jarnbjorn The Celestial cutting axe lol.

TheMetalGearZero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My all time favorite fictional character is Thor. It was the first comic my dad read to me & it was his favorite hero too. You could say it was kind of tradition, every night I stayed with him we would read a new comic (new to me) & take a "Journey Into Mystery" as he would say lol. Even though my mom hated it because it was only "One God" in here book lol.

I've been into all sorts of mythology Norse, Greco-Roman, African etc. Reading Thor comics I got to see these Gods or Deities from a different aspect, as actual superheroes. Reading his comics just made me get deep into mythology & studying it. He was my ultimate hero & I will go to bat defending him, lol.

Everything about Thor amazed me. He is so powerful & was actually a God & still offered his service to earth. This guy could literally do whatever he wanted. He had the total package, strength, elemental powers, invulnerability & Mjolnir. I wanted a Mjolnir so bad, lol. He was so honorable & a true warrior. I waited all my life to see him on the big screen & when it happened I was disappointed but I was still happy he finally made it & started getting the recognition he deserved. As time went by & Thor started to change I changed with him.

The main thing that attracted me to Thor comics was his need to get his fathers approval which is something all young men long for. He was a God but still dealt with & felt real human emotions. Thor is just an awesome character & I love reading his stories. I'm a little bumed about this change into a woman but a least Thor will still be around with a metal arm & good ole Jarnbjorn The Celestial cutting axe lol.

Nice :D Awesome reasons.

The_Titan_Lord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

1. Thanos

2. Thor-I just really love Thor stories lately. The guys characterization is just all to human.

3. DP

TheMetalGearZero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Awesome - seems there's a lot of love for the God of Thunder around here.

DianaXKal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wonder Woman <3

Avatar image for deactivated-5c901e667a76c
deactivated-5c901e667a76c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I can't really pick just one.

Mandarinestro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Too many and too complex to rank in just one list.

Avatar image for beaconofstrength
BeaconofStrength

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Moon Knight.

zaied

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By zaied

Batman.

Night4345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#11  Edited By Night4345

Can't pick one.

jumpstart55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#12  Edited By jumpstart55

I have many favorite fictional characters way too many to count on one list, but since this is comic vine i might as well list my all time favorite Superheroes-Six way tie between Superman,Batman,Wolverine,Captain America, Thor and Iron man. Nobody comes close to these guys imo.

KittyParker13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My favorite fictional character isn't from a comic book.

Ostyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dremorius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

Kenshiro

Avatar image for deactivated-5c901e667a76c
deactivated-5c901e667a76c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ostyo: I want to say Wedge, but I'm not sure if he's my absolute number one.

Ostyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for linsanel_doctor
linsanel_Doctor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Everything is a lie!

SilverPool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Edmond Dantes

bladewolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Green Arrow, but Superman, Kitty Pryde, Gambit, Captain America, and Wolverine aren't far behind.

Avatar image for captainmarvel4ever
CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

No Caption Provided

Captain Marvel, he means everything to me. I've lived my whole life in a bad place surrounded by bad people, and always tried my best to stay positive and be a good person, so seeing a character like Billy who keeps his sense of decency no matter how bad things gets really resonates with me. Living the life I do, I don't feel as many emotions as a normal person, but when I see that hopeful look in Billy's eyes that say he wants to stand up to whats wrong and do the right thing, it actually gives me a good feeling that I don't often get anymore.

Loading Video...

Quickfingers26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Quickfingers26
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

These two.

rev_sulphur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

Pinhead would be high up for me. I love all his dialog and his presence.

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Spider-Man and Thor

IrishX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

No Caption Provided

"Wolverine. There have been times when animals such as wolverines will get their leg caught in a trap. They have been known to chew off their own leg to get free. I think that Logan is the absolute embodiment of never say die.... never giving up. Plus there's him being a bad ass and guttin' mofo's."

legacy6364

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By legacy6364

I love the Incredible Hulk, before he was in control.

The whole concept of 'don't piss me off' always got me. To say hulk is a ticking time bomb would be an understatement. This guy is a nuke. When the hulk goes off everybody runs.

No Caption Provided

Quickfingers26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Quickfingers26

@themetalgearzero: Don't forget to read the Web of Spider-Man and Peter Parker the Spectacular Spider-Man. That will add about 400 more issues to that reading list.

Like you I am reading my way through classic Spider-Man comics as well. I'm up to Amazing Spider-Man 304, Web of Spidey 43 and Spectacular Spidey 144. For the most part some pretty fantastic reading!

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 the_stegman  Moderator

George Costanza from Seinfeld.

TheMetalGearZero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@themetalgearzero: Don't forget to read the Web of Spider-Man and Peter Parker the Spectacular Spider-Man. That will add about 400 more issues to that reading list.

Like you I am reading my way through classic Spider-Man comics as well. I'm up to Amazing Spider-Man 304, Web of Spidey 43 and Spectacular Spidey 144. For the most part some pretty fantastic reading!

Nice - thanks for the recommendations. I'll get to reading all of those :D Hope you've been enjoyed. What are you reading them on - if you don't mind me asking.

GraniteSoldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

Hard to pick just one. Really. I don't know. Drizzt Do'Urden, Agent Venom, Dak'ir...settings, platforms, and overall massive variations in their respective universes make it hard to choose.

Stormdriven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't have one favorite, but after seeing Guardians of the Galaxy, Groot and Rocket became two of them.

GraniteSoldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't have one favorite, but after seeing Guardians of the Galaxy, Groot and Rocket became two of them.

Should really read GOTG if you like them. They were pretty good with reflecting the source material. Start with the Dan Abnett stuff if at all possible.

Stormdriven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@stormdriven said:

Should really read GOTG if you like them. They were pretty good with reflecting the source material. Start with the Dan Abnett stuff if at all possible.

I just might have to. The movie was great, and Rocket was hilarious.

Quickfingers26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

GraniteSoldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@granitesoldier said:

@stormdriven said:

He's pretty close to the same in the comics. Perhaps a bit more foul mouthed and condescending, but overall pretty close.

TheMetalGearZero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Superman and Hit-Girl

Stormdriven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@stormdriven said:

@granitesoldier said:

@stormdriven said:

He's pretty close to the same in the comics. Perhaps a bit more foul mouthed and condescending, but overall pretty close.

I'll make sure to pick it up

Jmarshmallow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I couldn't give you a top-ten, but I can give you my number one without even a second thought.

Sora from Kingdom Hearts. He is without a doubt my favorite fictional character of all time.

Jmarshmallow

Jack Donaghy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batman.

QueenCorp15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Scooby doo

Avatar image for deactivated-097092725
deactivated-097092725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I'm going with Elektra, although there is so much more than her.

TheMetalGearZero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ms-lola said:

Did you like her movie?

Avatar image for deactivated-097092725
deactivated-097092725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@ms-lola said:

Did you like her movie?

I refuse to see it. I don't think I could recover if it's as bad as most people say it is. Same goes with Daredevil's film.

TheMetalGearZero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ms-lola said:

@themetalgearzero said:

@ms-lola said:

Did you like her movie?

I refuse to see it. I don't think I could recover if it's as bad as most people say it is. Same goes with Daredevil's film.

Fair enough.

2chimcha3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

This is so difficult for me since I love so many different medias of fiction, so I will divide it into my favorites in categories.

Comics- It was a tie between Thor and Hal Jordan, but I lean towards Thor. The Mighty Thor #4 from Fraction was my first introduction to comics, an.d he is just an amazing character overall.

Literature- It was a tie between Atticus from To Kill a Mockingbird, and the monster from Frankenstein. I know those are really strange choices, but I looked up to Atticus and I love the complexity of the monster in Frankenstein. I am going to lean toward the monster though.

Television- My favorite character is without a doubt Walter White. I love Jessie Pinkman more, but the character of Walter White is just so amazing and interesting so he takes it.

MonkeyStarship

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By MonkeyStarship
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

1.) Casey Jones

2.) Green Arrow

3.) Hawkeye

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for deactivated-5c9535a734784
deactivated-5c9535a734784

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

My favourite all time character is Superman. I've been a fan for as long as i can remember and have watched all of his films, television shows and animated shows. I've read a great deal of his stories and no matter how many times I read them i never get tired of the big blue boy scout. His powers, personality, costume and pretty much everything else to me is perfect and i wouldn't change a thing. Two stories for me sold him on a platter as my favourite character of all time. The first is "For the man who has everything" which showed that Superman cared more about protecting the earth and its people then having his own perfect life. The second is "All Star Superman" which showed Superman's incredible willpower and the fact that he can affect everyone's life including that of young girl who simply can't live anymore. "You're stronger than you think". Five simple words that changed the direction of someones life. In addition Superman is the only hero I know of that has been honoured at Word Suicide Prevention day. I can't find the article but the main message was that you don't even have to exist to have an effect on someone's life. Many people now make the argument that Superman is old fashioned and that batman is more popular character. But I don't believe that; what I do know is that Superman is an ideal to strive towards. We may stumble. We may fall. But one day we can try and emulate those qualities that make him a great hero and as is said in All Star superman "We can join him in the sun". And that is why Superman is my greatest hero and character of all time.

Avatar image for phoenixofthetides
PhoenixoftheTides

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My absolute all-time favorite character is Darwi Odrade from "Heretics of Dune" & "Chapterhouse: Dune." Frank Herbert did an amazing job exploring her psychology, especially in "CD" - I believe she gained even more depth than Paul Atreides and the Lady Jessica by the end of her storyline. The best part is that she shows the human side of being a leader of an organization like the Bene Gesserit - she makes hard decisions, manipulates where necessary, and can be tremendously decisive...but Mr. Herbert showed the human side of her personality, so that she never became a caricature.

BatmanFan11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Definitely Daggett from The Angry Beavers. Why?

Well let me just say I grew up with the show and has and will always be my favourite show ever, period. My brother and I used to watch this show, when we were younger and my mom loved it too, always saying we were both like them, I was Daggett and my brother was Norbert. Honestly, I was alot like Daggett when I was younger and thus I can relate to him, thus why he's my favourite character of all time.

And for the heck of it, I'll list the rest of my list of favourite characters of all time.

2. A tie between Godzilla and Gamera

3. Kratos (God of War)

4. Inuyasha (InuYasha)

5. Batman (DC Comics)

6. BlackWarGreymon (Digimon)

7. Lobo (DC Comics)

8. Rocket Raccoon (Marvel Comics)

9. Mushu (Mulan)

10. Lampy (The Brave Little Toaster)

11. Gray Fullbuster (Fairy Tail)