• 62 results
uugieboogie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By uugieboogie

Poll Who's The Better CW Villain? (92 votes)

Eobard Thawn/Harrison Wells - Reverse Flash 80%
Adrian Chase - Prometheus 20%
No Caption Provided

OR

No Caption Provided

Who's the better CW villain? Season 1 Reverse Flash or Season 5 Prometheus?

• 
uugieboogie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thawne*

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By rogueshadow  Moderator

If Prometheus is this good then I really need to watch season five because season one Thawne was electric.

The gif of Thawne made me remember how genuinely intimidating and brutal he was in that first season. I had to go back and watch that scene.

King_Nomarch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thwane no contest, Cavanagh's performance was simply amazing.

Thorthunder98

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Prometheus is the best Arrow villain but Reverse Flash was another level shown by that gif it was such an amazing scene

Avatar image for deactivated-614ce5c370323
deactivated-614ce5c370323

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thawne no contest for me at least.

Mrnoital

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#7  Edited By Mrnoital

@rogueshadow: yeah, it's getting to the point that season 5 might be my favorite of all seasons of Arrow, but knowing who prometheus is, is a bit of a spoiler

mrmonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If you ask me, Prometheus is the best villain in the entire Arrowverse.

uugieboogie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If Prometheus is this good then I really need to watch season five because season one Thawne was electric.

The gif of Thawne made me remember how genuinely intimidating and brutal he was in that first season. I had to go back and watch that scene.

Bro I highly recommend watching Season 5. It's my favorite season of the series by far and the only thing that can change that is if they completely ruin the finale. Adrian is just a beast and the guy playing him is doing an excellent job.

Gotoucanario

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Still Thawne

Thorthunder98

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rogueshadow: Season 5 is amazing completely redeemed the last two seasons by a long shot

PeterParkerJr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#12  Edited By PeterParkerJr

Right now, it's still Thawne for me. Tom Cavanagh played that role so damn well. But if Chase keeps going the way he has been, he may have the "top villain" card wrapped up by the end of Season 5.

Chase has been the best villain Arrow's had since Slade and Josh Segarra has done an excellent job. Come on, whistling "Beautiful Morning" while driving past cops cars, covered in the blood of two dudes he just killed... that's just amazing.

Stormdriven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nothing will ever top the "Some would say I'm the reverse," but damn it if Josh Segarra isn't doing his best to sway me. He's been great, and just might surpass Slade Wilson as the best Arrow villain.

buildhare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By buildhare

I'm sure Prometheus is a better villain than Slade after tonight's episode, but he's probably still slightly under RF.

Avatar image for deactivated-6021b09dd509c
deactivated-6021b09dd509c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Adrian is good but Thawne was a bit better

Savitar71

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They're both incredible (Arrowverse has some downright amazing villains). I'm edging it to Eobard though, Adrian's a very close second.

Komboing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think we should wait till the end of season 5.

Adrian at the very least is my favorite Arrow villain ever. But by the end of season 5 we'll see how good he is.

RIKR2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thawne for me he was trully amazing! Prometheus was just good and maybe great but NOT amazing

Komboing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Komboing

The season isn't over yet, but the main reason I think Adrian edges out the win as the best CW villain is because of the two villains motives.

They were both willing to do whatever it took, they were both close to the hero for most of a season. But Thawnes motive just really didn't do it for me, he did it all just to make Barry faster so he could get home. Adrian wants to destroy Oliver and has done absolutely everything he could to ensure that it would happen. He is the second most evil villain in the ENTIRE Arrowverse, right behind Damien Darhk, and that's why I give him the edge here, but as I said, the season isn't over.

Royal_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Slade>Chase> RF

Though Deathstroke was massively disappointing but Manu Bennet as Slade was perfect

Avatar image for firestormfate1919
FirestormFate1919

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I love them both, but I've gotta go Eobard. The only live-action comic-book villain who beats him for me, is Heath Ledgar Joker.

Adrian has been amazing, and Josh Seggara is an incredible actor, but he's not quite there yet. He might have a shot depending on how the rest of the season goes though.

Komboing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Prometheus is 10 steps ahead of him and Harrison doesn't even know what game they're playing yet!

Rubear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Good chase, but Eobard is better.

Wispymatt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Wispymatt

To me Eobard been better for centuries.

Number1Boss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There's Eobard and Slade and then there's everyone else in my opinion. Adrian Chase is making his mark though.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bc0cd36084
deactivated-5d6bc0cd36084

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Prometheus.

USSJ3071

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

eobard is more of an overarching arrowverse villain than a pure flash villain. he's tango'd with arrow too, and now the Legends. it makes more sense to compare adrian to hunter or savitar.

he gives zoom and prometheus a run for their money in terms of evilness. he also has a sense of class, intelligence and ability that surpasses most. think about it. who really suspected weak crippled wells to be really a superpowered villainous scientist from centuries in the future?

boschePG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

I think Thawne was the best villain and mentor in any CW series

uugieboogie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There's Eobard and Slade and then there's everyone else in my opinion. Adrian Chase is making his mark though.

You prefer Slade over Adrian?

Avatar image for deactivated-61a1b6940ec47
deactivated-61a1b6940ec47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Komboing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ussj3071: idk.. Eobard doesn't seem to be up there in most evil villains category

Top 3 are without question

3. Zoom

2. Adrian

1. Darhk

GorillaShark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Still Thawne.

Thedarkking25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Prometheus is good but he's not that good Jesus he still not on thawne Nor ZOOM LEVEL wtf zoom stapled the necks of every person in jitters lol

werkudoro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By werkudoro

It's always been Thawne for me. Great Villain

Avatar image for firestormfate1919
FirestormFate1919

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@komboing said:

@ussj3071: idk.. Eobard doesn't seem to be up there in most evil villains category

Top 3 are without question

3. Zoom

2. Adrian

1. Darhk

I don't know, Zoom might be #1 for me. Darhk tried to destroy a planet to save humanity (albeit a super twisted way to do so), but Zoom tried to destroy the Multiverse just because he couldn't stand the possibility of there being a more powerful being out there. Even Eobard calls him history's greatest monster. He conquered numerous planets and slaughtered/enslaved their metas as a show of power. Even before he got the powers that allowed him to conquer planets, instead of using his remarkable mind (possibly the best prep feat in live-action period) for the good of society, he decides to use it to become the world's most infamous serial killer. He draws meaning from the universe by expressing his superiority through carnage and subjugation, all the while trying to justify it (ie: Trying to show Barry they're the same, just with the difference of loved ones, something he was totally right about in hindsight). I mean, I love Zolomon as a character, but he's absurdely evil. He's a psychopath with a nihilistic power complex and the powers and brains to actually come close to carrying out the destruction/enslavment of everything in the Multiverse.

I agree that Eobard isn't as bad as guys like Zolomon, Darhk, Chase, or Vandal Savage though. He's a sociopath driven insane by Barry Allen, but he doesn't draw enjoyment from killing outside Barry. He formed genuine emotional connections with the Star Labs Crew, even calling Barry a son by the end despite his life being defined by that hate. I think if Barry was villain, Eobard would be a hero, he just defines himself based on Barry. He did originally want to be a hero, and after accomplishing his goals in Doomworld, he actually did make the world a much better place. He solved the energy crisis, stopped Global Warming, solved the water crisis, and fixed the economy completely. He's still selfish and sociopathic, but he did help people to an enormous degree while someone like Darhk just vied for power and dead enemies.

CitizenAmerica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Vandal was going to reset the timeline.

Zoom was going to wipe the multiverse.

Damien was going to burn the planet.

Chase is good because like Eobard in S1, and Slade in S2, he has a personal vendetta against the main protagonist. That makes for an amazing story, but it doesn't making them evil. We're even seeing the best of the bunch, Slade, potentially coming full circle in this season finale. SO these guys aren't purely evil. They just have a vendetta against Barry/Oliver and that's what makes them great.

Guys like Zoom/Damien/Savage and even Ras, they're evil because they're bad people. We saw Slade be a brother to Oliver on the island, we saw Eobard develop some sort of a father figure towards Cisco, and we saw him fix the world in his version of reality. I truly believe they were good guys until they felt betrayed, but then they just wanted revenge on Barry/Oliver, they didn't want to kill everyone a la Zoom, Damien, Ras, Vandal.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b5405244e89c
deactivated-5b5405244e89c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

The CW formula

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#38  Edited By entropy_aegis

Eobard easily, Prometheus is hilariously dumb. I cant deny that the actor is giving a good psychopath performance but what exactly is this character? he's stolen the id of an established character and then CW introduced Vigilante ONLY so that he could be a misdirect, notice how he's gone ever since we found out Chase/Morrison is Prometheus. In other words the mystery element was poorly constructed. Then he just became D.A to Mayor Oliver, finds a 15 year old corpse that the police couldn't find, finds Ollie's son and pretty much does things and then he offers his head (so much for the plan). I cant even call him an evil Arrow despite his outward appearance, he's a generic psychopath with a bow.

Slade is still the best Arrow villain.

Komboing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Komboing

@firestormfate1919: yes but Zoom did it because of what his dad did to his mom, Darhk genuinely enjoyed hurting, torturing and murdering people, and he was born that way.

FangDaNerd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I haven't watched season 5 of arrow yet so Reverse Flash.

uugieboogie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Prometheus is good but he's not that good Jesus he still not on thawne Nor ZOOM LEVEL wtf zoom stapled the necks of every person in jitters lol

What makes Zoom a better villain?

Avatar image for deactivated-5b59f8ae5ebaf
deactivated-5b59f8ae5ebaf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

is prometheus better than deathstroke? i stopped watching season 3

Mutant1230

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Wellsobard will always have a special place in my heart.

Komboing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TheSuperor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Promehteus

uugieboogie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Eobard easily, Prometheus is hilariously dumb. I cant deny that the actor is giving a good psychopath performance but what exactly is this character? he's stolen the id of an established character and then CW introduced Vigilante ONLY so that he could be a misdirect, notice how he's gone ever since we found out Chase/Morrison is Prometheus. In other words the mystery element was poorly constructed. Then he just became D.A to Mayor Oliver, finds a 15 year old corpse that the police couldn't find, finds Ollie's son and pretty much does things and then he offers his head (so much for the plan). I cant even call him an evil Arrow despite his outward appearance, he's a generic psychopath with a bow.

Slade is still the best Arrow villain.

Besides the mystery element that bothered you what exactly makes Slade a better villain than Adrian?

Komboing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

uugieboogie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@komboing: I do too. He loses major points IMO for his whole reasoning for having beef with Ollie.

Komboing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@uugieboogie: nah that's not it, Adrian kinda does too, but Adrian is:

More evil

More terrifying

More skilled

Deadlier overall

And just awesome

Slade may be a better character, but he's not a better villain.

Avatar image for deactivated-614ce5c370323
deactivated-614ce5c370323

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The real answer is barry